Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,433 members, 7,815,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. (43890 Views)

Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) / Man Withdraws Support For Apostle Suleman After Alleged New Evidence Emerges / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by peacesamuel94(m): 12:35pm On Feb 14, 2017
urheme:

God heals irrespective of your faith or prayers...He chooses whom He will have mercy on...even the disciples of Jesus lived with afflictions...
2 cor 12 vs 7 - 9

Affliction is something that is common to everyone, infact the life of a christian is full of challenges, but the fact that the disciples of Christ went through affliction does not mean that, they didn't pray by faith, and that their prayers were not answered based on their faith.
Alright I'd like you to help me answer these questions.

1. when peter prayed for the crippled man at the gate called beautiful, was it done in faith?

2. If faith is not needed for prayers to be answered then what is the use of faith?

I'm afraid, your opinion about faith and prayer negates Heb 11:6

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Sexina851(f): 12:57pm On Feb 14, 2017
yemimajid:
The all forgiving god killed your mother because you masturbated when no one was watching,...

Sorry if u are going to be quoting me to type rubbish pls stop.av been talking to matured minds and i guess reverse is ur case.go on and find ur peers.
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by kizking: 1:01pm On Feb 14, 2017
CatfishBilly:
The first case really shook my faith and set me towards the path that I'm on right now.

A baby boy was brought, not up to one year old, unconscious. He had cerebral malaria and overwhelming sepsis. His case was a bad one. We admitted and started therapy.

He got better slightly, then, one day, he just got worse. This was the only child of the parents. His mother prayed from the afternoon non stop. Towards the evening, she was so weak she couldn't stand or talk, another mother in the ward had to come and help her with her prayers. She prayed till 9pm when the baby died. This was after approximately 8 hours of non stop praying. This really shook me. I asked myself, what kind of creator would watch his creation pray to him for that long with just one prayer request and refuse to grant it.

That was the beginning of my journey.

which do you want ; to understand God or to condemn him? i'am listening
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by UyiIredia(m): 1:24pm On Feb 14, 2017
tohpahz:

Cos I doubt it..

Isn't that what I said? Anyways, will you be my Val smiley
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by tohpahz(f): 3:30pm On Feb 14, 2017
UyiIredia:

Isn't that what I said? Anyways, will you be my Val smiley
Yeah u said so. Buh u are still wrong in ur foremost question..
I don't do val grin
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by urheme: 3:54pm On Feb 14, 2017
peacesamuel94:

Affliction is something that is common to everyone, infact the life of a christian is full of challenges, but the fact that the disciples of Christ went through affliction does not mean that, they didn't pray by faith, and that their prayers were not answered based on their faith.
Alright I'd like you to help me answer these questions.

1. when peter prayed for the crippled man at the gate called beautiful, was it done in faith?

2. If faith is not needed for prayers to be answered then what is the use of faith?

I'm afraid, your opinion about faith and prayer negates Heb 11:6

How many faith did Naama show case....when asked to dip himself in the Jordan river.....the shadow of peter healed people..was the faith on peter or on God
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by peacesamuel94(m): 4:01pm On Feb 14, 2017
urheme:

How many faith did Naama show case....when asked to dip himself in the Jordan river.....the shadow of peter healed people..was the faith on peter or on God

Funny, Naama, demonstrated his faith by doing what he was asked to do, because faith without work is dead.

Peter believed, that's why his shadow healed people( according to the bible, signs will only follow those that believe)
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by urheme: 4:07pm On Feb 14, 2017
Seun:
That's called having a healthy immune system. You eat well, rest well, and your body heals itself. What's your genotype, by the way? Is it AS?

I know you will say this.

there were times when i was always on drugs and always going to the hospital.......i dare not drink unboiled water.....i have had two surgeries over the years.

i experienced divine healing.....God rescued me...this is not a matter of a healthy immune system..........God heals
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by UyiIredia(m): 4:10pm On Feb 14, 2017
tohpahz:
Yeah u said so. Buh u are still wrong in ur foremost question..
Okay so what do you believe? Some prayers work and some don't
tohpahz:
I don't do val grin
Chai! Fine girl like you. You no wan do val. Sweeri u just broke my heart cry
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Nobody: 4:25pm On Feb 14, 2017
urheme:

I know you will say this.

there were times when i was always on drugs and always going to the hospital.......i dare not drink unboiled water.....i have had two surgeries over the years.

i experienced divine healing.....God rescued me...this is not a matter of a healthy immune system..........God heals

You are starting to annoy me undecided
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by tohpahz(f): 5:12pm On Feb 14, 2017
UyiIredia:

Okay so what do you believe? Some prayers work and some don't

Chai! Fine girl like you. You no wan do val. Sweeri u just broke my heart cry

Don't b worried abt ur hrt. Ud heal iyeh

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Nobody: 5:13pm On Feb 14, 2017
Sexina851:

Sorry if u are going to be quoting me to type rubbish pls stop.av been talking to matured minds and i guess reverse is ur case.go on and find ur peers.
My apologies
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Nobody: 5:20pm On Feb 14, 2017
Do you know what a miracle is? Use google to know more pls. A woman without a womb has no business bearing children, so when it happens its indeed a miracle.

If you go to MFM and know this, then I'm sorry for you.
mfm04622:

That, is not a miracle. It happens. Rare, yes. But it happens without any spiritual intervention
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Nobody: 5:20pm On Feb 14, 2017
Amen! Bless you too.
Standing5:
God bless u
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Nobody: 5:24pm On Feb 14, 2017
So that you will call it bluff without proper verification? No thanks. I know your ways.
lepasharon:

Eh? Post ur proof for this
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by lepasharon(f): 5:27pm On Feb 14, 2017
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by lepasharon(f): 5:28pm On Feb 14, 2017
Omudia:
So that you will call it bluff without proper verification? No thanks. I know your ways.

If you have irrefutable, substantial evidence why would you worry that I'll doubt it?
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by snubish: 5:54pm On Feb 14, 2017
While I believe firmly in the existence of God and an afterlife, I would the evidence for the occurrence of medical miracles in this present age is weak. Of course such miracles may have occurred in the past, we have no proof to the contrary. It is still safer to believe in God. Every human soul is afflicted one way or the other, even the so called atheists, just some affliction is more than the other, at least with belief in God, there is hope of respite in heaven. We would do better as humans to learn to support the afflicted and show gratitude for our own seemingly better fortune. Not use afflictions as evidence against God. It is a lousy excuse at best.
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by snubish: 6:02pm On Feb 14, 2017
And the most obnoxious self righteous kind of christian is the one that goes about proclaiming faith to be the reason why prayers are not answered. To these ones the afflicted are afflicted because of their lesser faith. These ones afflict the unfortunate people even further and continue to propagate the clear fallacy that all things are possible through a notion as subjective as faith.

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by mack111(m): 9:24pm On Feb 14, 2017
DebbieLaw:
How can someone so learned be so unintelligent enuf to facts..hv common sense n d little bible classes u attended not evn taught u a pin? Are u blind to d fact dat whn ur time is up notin can be done abt it? Hvnt heard or witnessed sm occassion whn ppl in critical condition regained health? Ppl h tot death was inherent? Hw com u dint talk abt dat one? Look! Watever part whatever hv set u,den dat is ur business dnt try to lure ppl into wit ur stories..ppl in d bible hvnt u read? To sim they die of sicknes or is killed or smtin..evn Lazarus Hu was raised wznt bc it was not his tym? Yes ur story is real but dnt blab wat u tink u know while u know nothin..bein a medical doctor doznt mean u know a tin abt life n death..so shove yr half baked story to ursef.. Drz ntn dat hpns dat God is not aware or does not permit before d hpns..if u turned an atheist gud for u Na..but d earlier u strt seein d truth d better for u...hv u evn asked God to unfold dez mysteries to u? So jst assume watever n xpct odas to follow suit
meaning if a patient dies, his time is up and dare survives it's all glory to God? Lol

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by myk2mic: 10:47pm On Feb 14, 2017
peacesamuel94:

Funny, Naama, demonstrated his faith by doing what he was asked to do, because faith without work is dead.

Peter believed, that's why his shadow healed people( according to the bible, signs will only follow those that believe)

bros, Peter had no idea of what was happening,it was the pple who believed that his shadow cld heal(just like the woman with the issue of blood) so they placed sick pple along his path while he jejely walked by.

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by mack111(m): 10:51pm On Feb 14, 2017
Samadict:
Some call Him God, some call Him Creator but whatever name you call Him, I'll keep believing in His existence until some mysteries are solved. Prayer on the other hand I see differently. The Bible states clearly that He created all things for His pleasure. That clears it all for me. If what gives Him pleasure at a point is to give life, He gives it. If it gives Him pleasure to see you smile, He allows it. If it gives Him pleasure to see a child with fatal prognosis live again, He makes it happen. We weren't created to question His decisions we were made for His pleasure. We can only commune with Him to please let our smile, peace, good health and well being give Him pleasure. 'Alara jowo fimi dara to dara'. We all at some point in life have questions but when we remember that we were created for His pleasure, we can only plead that seeing us happy gives Him pleasure. *singing* we will understand it better by and by.
how does this sound to your ears when you read it out loud? So we are just puppets with emotions?
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by peacesamuel94(m): 10:52pm On Feb 14, 2017
myk2mic:

bros, Peter had no idea of what was happening,it was the pple who believed that his shadow cld heal(just like the woman with the issue of blood) so they placed sick pple along his path while he jejely walked by.

I didn't say he had an idea, peter was a believer, and according to the bible, one common thing with believers is that they are followed by signs.
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by mack111(m): 10:58pm On Feb 14, 2017
larrybee2017:

You think miracle is for show? Think twice man. The fact that you have not had what you call encounter does not make Him anything less than God. You choose to belief he doesn't while others belief He does, but one thing you need to know is this, your breath explain His existence in grand style,with time you will understand me.
The day science will recreate and give life then you proof me wrong. However hell is real and so is heaven,you make a choice with what you choice to belief
Baal? Rods turned to snake? Sea dividing? Does these ring a bell?
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by mack111(m): 11:02pm On Feb 14, 2017
larrybee2017:

You think miracle is for show? Think twice man. The fact that you have not had what you call encounter does not make Him anything less than God. You choose to belief he doesn't while others belief He does, but one thing you need to know is this, your breath explain His existence in grand style,with time you will understand me.
The day science will recreate and give life then you proof me wrong. However hell is real and so is heaven,you make a choice with what you choice to belief
Baal? Rods turned to snake? Sea dividing? Water to wine? Walking on sea? Few loaves of bread and fish? Does these ring a bell? Are these not shows?
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by joe4christ(m): 12:37am On Feb 15, 2017
If prayers were as effective as we were made to believe, people will not be needing hospital healthcare
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Nobody: 5:01am On Feb 15, 2017
Many irrefutable, substantial evidence has been posted here countlessly but you atheists debunk them even without verifying. I'm not about to go down that lane.
lepasharon:

If you have irrefutable, substantial evidence why would you worry that I'll doubt it?
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by mack111(m): 5:37am On Feb 15, 2017
xplicity1:
Arthur Ashe, the legendary Wimbledon player was dying of AIDS which he got due to infected blood he received during a heart surgery in 1983!
He received letters from his fans, one of which conveyed: "Why did God have to select you for such a bad disease?"
To this Arthur Ashe replied:
50 Million children started playing Tennis
5 Million learnt to play Tennis
500 000 learnt Professional Tennis
50 Thousand came to Circuit
5 Thousand reached Grandslam
50 reached Wimbledon
4 reached the Semifinal
2 reached the Finals and when I was holding the cup in my hand I never asked God “Why Me?”
So now that I’m in pain how can I ask God “Why Me?
”Happiness keeps you Sweet!! Trials keeps you Strong!! Sorrows keeps you Human!! Failure keeps you Humble!! Success keeps you Glowing!! But only,Faith keeps you Going.
This gave me goosebumps, honestly. Really touching. Food for thought.

xplicity1:
Sometimes you are unsatisfied with your life, while many people in this world are dreaming of living your life.
Very true

xplicity1:
A child on a farm sees a plane fly overhead and dreams of flying. But the pilot on the plane sees the farmhouse and dreams of returning home.
That's life. Enjoy yours.
Affirmative.

xplicity1:

f wealth is the secret to happiness, then kids of the rich should be dancing on the streets. But only the kids of the poor do that.

Nope, they will rather dance in the streets of buckingham palace, perhaps Disney Land, Eiffel tower e.t.c they mustn't dance in the same street with the poor. Lol

xplicity1:
If power ensures security, then VIPs should walk unguarded. But those poor ones who live simply, sleep soundly.
Our beloved thieves ruling this country does this in developed countries.

xplicity1:
If beauty and fame bring ideal relationships; then celebrities should have the best marriages. But this doesn't just happen.
Umm, it happens cc Jzay & Beyonce, Obama & Michelle and several others I don't know of. Well, it could go either way. Neither does the opposite is a direct prerequisite for a "happy ever after ending" in marriages.

xplicity1:
Live simply. Walk humbly and love genuinely.
I strongly agree cos this is the principle I chose to live my life with.

5 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by mack111(m): 5:55am On Feb 15, 2017
Funkadict:
I will like to take us back to the intention of the creator when He created the first man.

Imagine a man who created an estate and handed over the management into the hand of his son. He made sure his son will never have to sweat or hussle before things work out for him. The man's pleasure was only to see his son prosper in managing His estates.
He gave rules to the son to run things with, but the opposition came and tricked the son with sweet words, the son wanted to play smart and instead of consulting with his father, he ignorantly sold his right of ownership to this enemy out of disobedience to his father's rules.
It hurt the father though, yet He couldn't forcefully take back what the son had lost back to him.

Now the new manager (prince of the world) orders to be fair only to those who worship him, but the father says to His son "if you can decide not to worship my enemy and endure the outcomes of not worshipping him, you will get back your estate".

God created man likewise, but man lost his lease on the earth to the devil who now controls the wealth of the earth. There are things that happens that breaks God's heart, but He just won't do anything for reasons that are beyond Us. As you woke up today not knowing how it happened and people died, you can't explain why. It's the same with so many unanswered questions of life.

The Bible shows that it broke God's heart that He had created man, Why! ......:because all man's thoughts are towards evil. Maybe if He had created us as robots so that we can only do his will without objections would have been better, but His pleasure is in seeing us use our will to accomplish our wish.

The secret of the Lord is with them that fears Him. You still have the right to believe what you want though, but remember that if the son worships his father's enemy in order to enjoy wealth, he definitely cannot have his father's love when the time comes.... he will only share the fate of the one he worships.
But the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.
Then God does not have an unlimited understanding or knowledge. If he's omniscient like the Bible alleged, he already knew man will be like this or act the way they do, then why the needless hassle in creating hell in the first place? From your write up, it clearly shows you negate that he's omniscience.

If he's omniscient and sets everything in motion, then he already knows that we are playing according to his designs and should have no regrets whatsoever..

If I had presented an example of God, using man. Your possible response will be, the ways of God are not the ways of man or I have defined God with the hogwash limitation of my knowledge. *Whew* Now you gave example of God, with a direct reference to man's allege limited understanding cos it suits the point you're sending across. This is ridiculous!

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by larrybee2017(f): 8:51am On Feb 15, 2017
mack111:
Baal? Rods turned to snake? Sea dividing? Water to wine? Walking on sea? Few loaves of bread and fish? Does these ring a bell? Are these not shows?
When I checked I realise you sure need help. If I may ask you this single question: ever since you choice not to belief His existence,does that make Him any less God? You have a choice to make choose wisely dearie. If you choice to belief ' He is the I AM THAT I AM' nothing changes that Him. The day a pot choice to argue with the Potter be sure destruction looms.
Heaven haveercy on your sold out soul
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by urheme: 9:18am On Feb 15, 2017
SirWere:

You are starting to annoy me undecided

Ok ooo.....read the book of John...the message of Christ annoyed several persons.....they even attempted throwing stones at him.....so I'm not at all surprise that you are annoyed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. / 2020 Prophecies By Prophet Joshua Iginla / Rev Esther Ajayi Praises MC Oluomo, Leads Him To Greet Obasanjo, Ooni And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.