Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,091 members, 7,814,794 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. (43844 Views)

Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) / Man Withdraws Support For Apostle Suleman After Alleged New Evidence Emerges / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by CatfishBilly: 5:40pm On Feb 13, 2017
Lagusta:

Mantle?? You mean those 50naira handkerchiefs

Chaaaiii, my chest!!! grin grin
Yep, those exact same ones grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by peacesamuel94(m): 5:44pm On Feb 13, 2017
ponti93:
what? If prayers where not meant to work in every case, why pray at all... So prayer is now lyk gamblin...

I explained why I said so in the second post.
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by cooncudee(m): 5:57pm On Feb 13, 2017
Sexina851:

Grace is unconditional doesn't mean intentional sins will not be tried, grace is unconditional doesn't mean an unchecked sin will not be checked..unconditional grace means even wen we don't deserve it, he still takes us in, just like the prodigal son he received grace only wen he came back not while he was away
recieving Grace while you are away is unconditional. If you have to come back/repent to receive the grace, then the grace becomes 'conditional'. Don't contradict yourself. As far as 'sin' is concerned, you're as undeserving as an atheist cuz I really don't know anybody that's above 'sin'.
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Akin1212(m): 6:03pm On Feb 13, 2017
Sexina851:

Akin do u know u can serve God outside dis "religion fallacies" look at me you can relate with God with or without going to church that u don't believe God exists doesn't make u a sinner or a bad person but whatever you do, don't hate God, because his ways are not our ways and our ways are not his. Dats y in some cases prostitute make it to heaven, and fire branded tongue speaking Christians go d reverse. Don't let anybody judge you, just correct the little foxes.... God is outside religion
I perfectly understand where you are coming from sisi, but permit me to establish some facts here
- God is perfectly engraved in religion, get the definition of religion you will realize it's all about God.
- Nobody can seek God outside a religion, Jesus established the importance of Church, Mohammed did for Mosque and other religions established for their worship places. If there is anything you practise and seek God from, it's called a religion.
- A sinner is someone who has deviated from the way of your god, a disbelief in your god is nothing more than a great deviation. So according to religion, yours or others, I am a sinner.
- I don't hate god, I don't love him either. You know why? Because he doesn't exist.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by innoken(m): 6:06pm On Feb 13, 2017
drnoel:

U are being myopic. If this post shakes ur faith then u never had one in the first place
As you are for commenting with an insult. Vent your anger on the op and stay off my post...if you can't simply read with an open mind.
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by akintom(m): 6:10pm On Feb 13, 2017
CatfishBilly:
Case number 10
We had to admit a baby girl, she was given birth to prematurely (7 months gestation), her case was a bad one and we told the parents the prognosis, but this little girl fought on. She exceeded our expectations and everyone in that unit got attached to her emotionally, then she got worse, nothing seemed to be working. The parents have spent a ton of money by this time, so, we were all really rooting for this girl to make it, we held prayers, got a mantle blessed by Bishop Oyedepo, prayed and prayed, she eventually died.
Our prayers and Bishop Oyedepo's mantle weren't worth a damn, apparently.
I particularly have sympathy for the folks, who still take this Canaan man gimmicks seriously.

He has a wife who's seriously ill, yet his claims of "supernatural healing power" has not changed anything about the wife's condition.

The true liberation from life challenges, are reasonable thinking and actions.

2 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Sexina851(f): 6:24pm On Feb 13, 2017
Akin1212:

I perfectly understand where you are coming from sisi, but permit me to establish some facts here
- God is perfectly engraved in religion, get the definition of religion you will realize it's all about God.
- Nobody can seek God outside a religion, Jesus established the importance of Church, Mohammed did for Mosque and other religions established for their worship places. If there is anything you practise and seek God from, it's called a religion.
- A sinner is someone who has deviated from the way of your god, a disbelief in your god is nothing more than a great deviation. So according to religion, yours or others, I am a sinner.
- I don't hate god, I don't love him either. You know why? Because he doesn't exist.

Why do you think God doesn't exist?
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Sexina851(f): 6:39pm On Feb 13, 2017
cooncudee:
recieving Grace while you are away is unconditional. If you have to come back/repent to receive the grace, then the grace becomes 'conditional'. Don't contradict yourself. As far as 'sin' is concerned, you're as undeserving as an atheist cuz I really don't know anybody that's above 'sin'.

A sheep as long as it is outside the shepherds territory, automatically it has left d shepherd's protection zone in other words "grace" . But if it eventually comes back then it has come back to the protection of the Shepherd and safe zone. Whatever you do outside Christ is 50/50
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by TAEpiphany: 6:48pm On Feb 13, 2017
Here's my take....
I believe that in addition to us being physical beings, we are also spiritual beings. I believe there's a God and here's why.
God by definition to many is the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being. And also a superhuman being or spirit worshiped as having power over nature or human fortunes. Which means a higher source from which we all came to be.

In a simplistic view , a being that has been before us. In more relatable sense, take our parents for example, they are the channel by which we all came to be, they were here before us and in the course of being here have learned a lot. In a way a parent is a source. So consider a child running high fever but not showing any physical symptoms, the child may feel the burning inside and make a "request for help" (prayers) to the mother OR the mother may just be observant touch the child, feel they are running temperature, get medicine to help the child. In the reverse, the child may not know to ask for help, the mother may not know to touch the child, the child may get worse and die. In this sense we could say "Prayers" (a request for help) from the child could have saved the child.
I believe same applies for the spirit being, if we are able to tap into that realm we may gain assistance from the higher being. Just like the child, we can ask for help from the spirits that have been and ultimately the being that all spirits come from(God). But does that mean our prayers would get answered all the time?

No, our prayers would not get answered all the time because as long as we are in this body there will be limitations. If you sit in a car as we know it today and pray to God to fly, your prayers will never get answered, but if you transport yourself into a plane, your prayers to fly will be answered. Or if in the future science gets better and flying cars are created in your life time, your request to fly in a car will be answered. Now you can pray(ask) for a sense of direction on how to get to a plane or sit in the car and pray that it should fly with its limitations.
Even in the physical world almost everything has a creator. This website for example when it was built, the creator may never have thought it could have a bug or a loophole for hackers, but it happens, and when it does, the creator goes back to work a fix in order for it to fulfill it’s purpose of being a website many will visit.

That prayers do not work in certain scenarios does not mean that prayers never work. Whether we like it or not , there are rules that govern our stay here on earth, and no one is here forever, nor will we understand every event that happens and why it happened.
Religion in my opinion is a great opium, in that it can help tend to the spirit inside of man that we are not alone and that we can get help. However like so many other things on this earth , it’s not perfect and as in many cases have been a sole interpretation of how a man or many understood life when they were here. Religion is not the answer, don’t ask me what the answer is, because frankly I don’t know, and I’m not sure I want to know, or if I knew I probably won’t be here typing. But in all answers or not, I still believe there’s a GOD, and don’t ask me to prove it because I can’t , just as I can’t prove that you’ve had a thought or 2 in the last hour, but obviously me not believing you had a thought or not , does not mean you never did. Now go and be good.
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by joyandfaith: 6:48pm On Feb 13, 2017
Jesus said sick one needs doctor. luke 5:31.
if you are sick, see ur doctors.
why prayer then?
prayer is an act of worship. it does not replace practical solution. bible says faith without work is dead.

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Akin1212(m): 6:52pm On Feb 13, 2017
Sexina851:

Why do you think he does

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by TAEpiphany: 7:10pm On Feb 13, 2017
akintom:

You're a joker. Your ignorance of the pathophysiology of what happened to you, made you hug the illusion of prayer.

Your abscess got ripened, gradually released the pus and your pain eased. You know why? The pain causing substances in your buttock got driven out with the release of the pus.

Again, Can you come up with something worth evidence, that prayer influenced?

Well, I'm assuming you know the reason, why the heart beats , bundled cells , electric activity causing the heart beat and all the medical jargons, please take that knowledge to the morgue, get a dead body, create all those things that you've learned makes a heart beat, and raise the dead. When God heals, you won't necessarily see him fly down from heaven in a flying range-rover garbed in scrubs and armed with scissors to perform surgery.
Nothing you have said proves that a supreme being could not have set it in motion in order to get ripened and blazay blazay... Even though she cannot prove it to you, you also cannot prove otherwise, other than the textbook theory you just quoted up there, which she has a right not to accept, after all a man or men like you came up with the hypothesis.

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by realmindz: 7:40pm On Feb 13, 2017
belovedchild:
Thanks for the post. Truely, all cases you posted may be true/false. But we'av heard serious cases like that. The Almighty God remains the Living, True & Everlasting God- Jer.10:10. The Holy Book confirms to us that this awesome God is Sovereign, He resides in Heaven & do as He pleases- Psalm 115:3. He is unquestionable. All His works are good not
Mr.doctor sir, let me ask you this do you want to tell us that since all these days, weeks, months & yearsyou have notbheard of God's wonders in your field?

Thinking Human: is the bible to be trusted?
Religious dimwit: Yes
Thinking human: can you give a logical proof?
Religious dimwit: ***Quotes from the bible*** In the book of bla bla bla
Thinking human: ***Facepalm

No other proof for the veracity of the bible other than the bible

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by TAEpiphany: 7:48pm On Feb 13, 2017
Religious Human: is the medical journal to be trusted?
Thinking human: Yes
Religious Human: can you give a logical proof?
Thinking human: ***Quotes from the medical journal*** In the book of bla bla bla, do this and do that and you will achieve healing
Religious Human: ***Facepalm

No other proof for the veracity of the medical journals other than the medical journals

You see the point? Any argument for against is pointless.....

realmindz:

Thinking Human: is the bible to be trusted?
Religious dimwit: Yes
Thinking human: can you give a logical proof?
Religious dimwit: ***Quotes from the bible*** In the book of bla bla bla
Thinking human: ***Facepalm

No other proof for the veracity of the bible other than the bible

2 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by uvalued(m): 7:48pm On Feb 13, 2017
another "fooul that say there is no GOD."

2 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Nobody: 7:51pm On Feb 13, 2017
akintom:

I particularly have sympathy for the folks, who still take this Canaan man gimmicks seriously.

He has a wife who's seriously ill, yet his claims of "supernatural healing power" has not changed anything about the wife's condition.

The true liberation from life challenges, are reasonable thinking and actions.

This quote..... Sums it all up smiley
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by realmindz: 7:52pm On Feb 13, 2017
Setaje:

You are mistaken magic for miracle. This same God created the earth for 7 days. He Followed an order.

A truly powerful God would have created the universe at an instant.

How did we count the 7 days when days came after creation?

Are u thinking Madam?

A day is the earth rotation using the sun as reference point. are u thinking with me?
so tell me what is a day in space?

The supposed Yaweh creating the universe is supposed to be beyond the boundary of the universe.

But you have your Yaweh hovering over the surface of the waters on one tiny planet earth whose size is insignificant in the galaxy not to talk of the universe.

Pls don't relegate your thinking capacity in this 21st century to those of ancient cave men who knew nothing of science and wrote your bible

3 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Dove18: 7:53pm On Feb 13, 2017
there is just one Gospel... Jesus Christ. his death, burial n resurrection made salvation available 2us. people are very ignorant n religious hence d confusion. God doesn't have 2 prove himself 2 anybody, he made everything available 2any1 who has received the gift of a regenerated spirit (being born again by the spirit) including healing, etc. intact simple knowledge will help u live healthy and on cases as mentioned a the Spirit leads n guides u in2 all Truth. God is spirit n he has made everything available in the spirit of a born again but how much u access depends on u. so pple should get knowledge n wisdom on how 2access divinity in them by his word cos as Christ said on the cross about his works... it is finished. the rest if the work is down to us in partnership with him. 4 scripture reference n more inbox me.
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by realmindz: 8:06pm On Feb 13, 2017
TAEpiphany:
Religious Human: is the medical journal to be trusted?
Thinking human: Yes
Religious Human: can you give a logical proof?
Thinking human: ***Quotes from the medical journal*** In the book of bla bla bla, do this and do that and you will achieve healing
Religious Human: ***Facepalm

No other proof for the veracity of the medical journals other than the medical journals

You see the point? Any argument for against is pointless.....

Pls don't be this funny.

Scientific facts have been proven and tested beyond books and they are open for reviews and updates.

Can you say same of your bible with ancient falacious tales and still arrogantly rejects corrections and modernisation, yet they cant stand scrutiny and tests.

we see science working, we see its works, results and progress in the betterment of human lives. can you say the same of holy books?

4 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by buffalowings: 8:07pm On Feb 13, 2017
cooncudee:
A friend:
My pastor prayed for Mr. A, he got healed of cancer. He prayed for Miss. B, she was given a visa. Laid his hands on Mrs. C's head and her headache disappeared. Now, he prays for my son to be healed of measles and asks me not to administer drugs to him cause he has been healed, and you expect me not to believe?

Even if the boy eventually dies, and the pastor says it was meant to be, God loves him more than us, that's why he took him to be with him or I didn't have enough faith that's why he died, you expect me not to believe him (the pastor that cured cancer with prayers)

Wouldn't it be nice being in heaven when I die (as a Christian). I'll enjoy everything I want, won't feel no pain no more. Everything will be bliss. We all will be singing 'hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah' forever and ever. It won't ever get boring. I won't ever get tired. God won't ever get tired of it. He would just sit on is throne and bask in the glory of his praise.
The unbelievers, on the other hand would be banished to a forever of misery and suffering , endless torture, and what have you. They would spend forever regretting thier decision to be unbelievers. Knowing fully well that suffering cannot be appreciated in the absence of enjoyment. Sadness becomes the norm in the absence absence of happiness. And that humans tend to adapt to a situation that keeps remaining constant for a long period of time which means it is possible for those in hell to adapt to the pain.

Me:

Nigga you for real!? Was that a question?
To slap someone dey hungry me when I started reading it.

You saved yourself at the very end grin
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by drnoel: 8:21pm On Feb 13, 2017
innoken:

As you are for commenting with an insult. Vent your anger on the op and stay off my post...if you can't simply read with an open mind.

With all due respect sir, I am not one of those Children on NL that insult people I don't know or know. All I said was about ur myopia, anyways if that comment ruffled ur feathers then I withdraw it but u really should comment with some logic behind ir words not illogical

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by UyiIredia(m): 8:23pm On Feb 13, 2017
tohpahz:
How can u tell wat I am nd wat I'm not
What am I missing? Why did you imply doubt about prayer in your posts.

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by innoken(m): 8:26pm On Feb 13, 2017
drnoel:

With all due respect sir, I am not one of those Children on NL that insult people I don't know or know. All I said was about ur myopia, anyways if that comment ruffled ur feathers then I withdraw it but u really should comment with some logic behind ir words not illogical
You just earned my respect sir. I thought about your words later and really I must say... There is sense in it..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by TAEpiphany: 8:41pm On Feb 13, 2017
It's funny that you are this funny... grin

So science and proven facts have always worked a 100% at all times? oh wow, i wonder why some still die after following science and proven concepts. Damn, one would have thought not a single soul would die from malaria since the discovery of anti-malaria drugs.....
You ask someone to prove something, they say they got healed after praying. Then you come with some scientific hogwash on why they are dimwits... Unlike doctors , they believed they administered prayers and ailment disappeared , bottom line the "AILMENT DISAPPEARED" whether it was as a result of what the doctors administered to the buttocks of our poster up there or that they believed it was as a result of prayers...truth is you both don't have enough evidence to back it up, other that the reference to the medical journal(which is very disputable) and they their reference to faith . Hey, the body could just have corrected itself, but we would never know. Now you can argue from now till the end of life, fact still remains, you or the poster cannot prove that their case was solved by your hypothesis up there and they cannot also prove it was solved by prayers.......but umm never mind.

realmindz:

Pls don't be this funny.

Scientific facts have been proven and tested beyond books and they are open for reviews and updates.

Can you say same of your bible with ancient falacious tales and still arrogantly rejects corrections and modernisation, yet they cant stand scrutiny and tests.

we see science working, we see its works, results and progress in the betterment of human lives. can you say the same of holy books?

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Setaje(f): 8:42pm On Feb 13, 2017
realmindz:

A truly powerful God would have created the universe at an instant.

How did we count the 7 days when days came after creation?

Are u thinking Madam?

A day is the earth rotation using the sun as reference point. are u thinking with me?
so tell me what is a day in space?

The supposed Yaweh creating the universe is supposed to be beyond the boundary of the universe.

But you have your Yaweh hovering over the surface of the waters on one tiny planet earth whose size is insignificant in the galaxy not to talk of the universe.

Pls don't relegate your thinking capacity in this 21st century to those of ancient cave men who knew nothing of science and wrote your bible

If you cannot address me properly don't quote me. What do u mean am I thinking? That's how u atheist become offensive wiv other people's views. You cannot pass your comment wiv out getting on someone's nerves. Abeg swerve.
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by UyiIredia(m): 8:45pm On Feb 13, 2017
Akin1212:

Not all religions involve a belief in God though. Buddhism for example.

Akin1212:

- Nobody can seek God outside a religion, Jesus established the importance of Church, Mohammed did for Mosque and other religions established for their worship places. If there is anything you practise and seek God from, it's called a religion. .

Wrong. Deists seek God outside of religion. They see God in
Nature.
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by HardMirror(m): 8:48pm On Feb 13, 2017
CatfishBilly:

The thread is about prayers failing patients at death's door, not the efficacy of medicine.
Today you shall come to the realization that religious people are stvpid. You will get arguments that do not make any sense. You will get insulted above all you will most likely give up on the ever discussing anything that requires above average intelligence with religious folks.

5 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by HardMirror(m): 8:57pm On Feb 13, 2017
Eaugusta:

OP will come back here to testify the power of prayers
Why not wait till u get a terminal illness or you have a family or friend who does. Something like cancer in the malignant stage. Then come back to tell me about prayers cheesy

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by HardMirror(m): 9:06pm On Feb 13, 2017
Setaje:

If you cannot address me properly don't quote me. What do u mean am I thinking? That's how u atheist become offensive wiv other people's views. You cannot pass your comment wiv out getting on someone's nerves. Abeg swerve.
Madam answer realmindz's questions or are they too advanced for ur intelligence level? Stop playing victim just because you don't have the capacity to understand or answer a query

2 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Setaje(f): 9:08pm On Feb 13, 2017
HardMirror:

Madam answer realmindz's questions or are they too advanced for ur intelligence level? Stop playing victim just because you don't have the capacity to understand or answer a query

Oga mind your business
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by HardMirror(m): 9:12pm On Feb 13, 2017
Sexina851:

You should be asking yourself why you think god exists.

2 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by realmindz: 9:18pm On Feb 13, 2017
Setaje:

I think I've lived long enough to understand that people get bitter when they are faced with facts they can't handle. people hate truths that hurts, they rather delight themselves in self deciet and beliefs.

If I've said u were making sense with the 7 days b.s, you would ve smiled behind your moniker, but madam, think....The most valuable gift you have lies in your head not in the so called holy books

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

Private jet: Apostle Johnson Suleman finally speaks / Adeboye & Oyedepo At Pentecostal Fellowship Of Nigeria (pics) / Apostle Suleman Mourns Sammie Okposo; Calls Out Pastors Who Judged Late Singer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.