Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. (49738 Views)

Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury / '29 Years Together, My Mum Is Still Looking At My Dad Like This' - Nigerian Lady / My Wife Denies Me Sex Just Because Her Mum Is Around. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Seunjungle(m): 2:37pm On Feb 20, 2017
How do the people know that the writer is a man? The person must be a female.

You're a real omo ale and a fool for exposing your mum here.
Will you say because your mum cannot drive a car you won't buy her one when your financial ability is good to buying her one?
She cannot operate a simple Nokia phone now denied her of getting her android? Omo ale ni e!
Now that you're denying her of what she want from you and she eventually died of thinking that you guys have neglected her...you will now be calling friends and families for he funeral abi?

Some wish that their mothers can come back to life but not possible. While you are rubishing your own. Be careful guy, do what you're suppose to do for her for this is your best period of making her your queen.
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Feb 20, 2017
Annamma:
In what way? please explain i will really appreciate.
I understand what u are saying, but as a Nlder,you don't come here to seek advise on pressing issue, cos many here na satify weyrey(mad ppl) my advice, do your best for your mum, and ignore her complain . don't visit her often, but if you have #10 send it to her, whether she appreciate is not your problem, but taken care of her is your responsibility. There are mothers like that, don't be surprise old age is effecting her.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Nobody: 2:41pm On Feb 20, 2017
Seunjungle:
How do the people know that the writer is a man? The person must be a female.

You're a real omo ale and a fool for exposing your mum here.
Will you say because your mum cannot drive a car you won't buy her one when your financial ability is good to buying her one?
She cannot operate a simple Nokia phone now denied her of getting her android? Omo ale ni e!
Now that you're denying her of what she want from you and she eventually died of thinking that you guys have neglected her...you will now be calling friends and families for he funeral abi?

Some wish that their mothers can come back to life but not possible. While you are rubishing your own. Be careful guy, do what you're suppose to do for her for this is your best period of making her your queen.
must you drop all that insult

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by kkboy(m): 2:43pm On Feb 20, 2017
Try and get that Music "Sweet Mother" by Prince Nico Mbarga. Below is the lyrics which will humble you.

Lyrics to "Sweet Mother"
Sweet mother I no go forget you
for the suffer wey you suffer for me.

Sweet mother I no go forget you

When I dey cry, my mother go carry me--she go say,
'my pikin', wetin you dey cry ye, ye,
stop stop, stop stop make you no cry again oh."

When I won sleep, my mother go pet me,
she go lie me well well for bed,
she cover me cloth, sing me to sleep,
"sleep sleep my pikin oh."

When I dey hungry, my mother go run up and down.
she go find me something when I go chop oh.

Sweet mother I no go forget you for the suffer wey you suffer for me

When I dey sick, my mother go cry, cry, cry,
she go say instead when I go die make she die.

O, she go beg God,
"God help me, God help, my pikin oh."

If I no sleep, my mother no go sleep,
if I no chop, my mother no go chop, she no dey tire oh.

Sweet mother I no go forget you,

You fit get another wife, you fit get another husband,
but you fit get another mother? No!

And if I forget you, therefore I forget my life and the air I breathe.

And then on to you men, forget, verily, forget your mother,
for if you forget your mother you've lost your life.
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 20, 2017
Erngie:
Do anything for mama..make her stay happy..God might call her anytime, so that you won't regret the things you didnt do
eh eh sweet mother replay abi
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by VeniJu: 2:47pm On Feb 20, 2017
Annamma:
Hi fellow humans, my beloved mother is unknowingly forcing me to hate her. She has suddenly become megalomaniac.

She always want to have the final say in every issue not minding the feelings of others. She doesnt waste time to switch her allegiance and love to any of her children that has it big at the very moment..

She is in her 60s but always believe she knows the current things more than us. Immagine the torchlight Nokia phone we bought for her she cant even operate it well, but now telling us that we dont love her because we didnt buy android touchscreen phone for her to be browsing.
What is she going to browse? when she cant even communicate with english fluently.

You will teach her one thing for many months and even spend years doing serial correction for her, yet she wont get it right.

She is also very ungrateful... She lacks nothing as we timely assist her with upkeep allowances. My Dad still provide for all her daily needs too.

Nairalanders i cant even say much, infact i thought of committing suicide yesterday because of her unbearing attitude...

This megalomania is destroying the love i once had for her.
Pls what do i do as i have tried talking to her about this severally, only for the peaceful talks to snowball into a fiercing quarrell ofwhich it echo reaches the next day.

Pls what should i do?
Sorry to say, even though death is inevitable and no one wishes another death, i can see that you will jump for joy and thank God whenever you hear that your mum is dead.. Though, mothers can be primitive at times, i so much love mothers that i already hate you for calling your mother ''ungrateful''
There are people out there who wishes to even have the worse woman as a mother.
Children like you are the reasons why some women abort babies who will end up dragging them to the public and calling them names.
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by willibounce1(m): 2:51pm On Feb 20, 2017
Onyochejohn:
I understand what u are saying, but as a Nlder,you don't come here to seek advise on pressing issue, cos many here na satify weyrey(mad ppl) my advice, do your best for your mum, and ignore her complain . don't visit her often, but if you have #10 send it to her, whether she appreciate is not your problem, but taken care of her is your responsibility. There are mothers like that, don't be surprise old age is effecting her.

It's as simple as that. If you have the money to buy her what she wants, fine.. . And If you don't, shut up and tell her you dont have. Your mother wont put a gun to your head to buy her stuffs. Give her what you sincerely have and move on. Not coming on NL to tell us rubbish and how your mother cannot even speak fluent English. Should any sensible person be saying that. If the OP is frustrated then what should the father(husband) do? The man for don kill him wife na
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by chiefojiji(m): 2:51pm On Feb 20, 2017
without looking ur moniker, I know d tribe u are from. u have said all this things about your own mama, and u said u don't want to talk much about her!

well my candid advice for you is, since you are loosing d love u use to have for her, just buy #50 soole( dos in lagos will know), and help her with it.

dos buying dere mama mansion, dos it mean say na all d rooms inside d mansion dere mama must sleep

u con buy torchlight fone for her, and u come fell so comfortable to tell us here say she no fit operate am!!!

I wish I fit see u face to face, d kien slapping I go borrow ur face lasan, na pop dem go put for ur face.

person wey get head no get cap, person wey get cap, no get head.

#ilove my mama, rip to her!!!!

make I see wetin d moniker below go post....
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by DavidEsq(m): 2:53pm On Feb 20, 2017
Hector09:
Bro i fell ur pain, my mum is like that thou she's 40 yr, bt she nage alot, nothing pleases her, always comparing u with other guys, thou am just 23yrs bt i hate her. To be honest
Ppl think all mothers are the same (nice and deserving of unconditional love). If they cld just step into oda ppl's shoes, dey wld realise that they have all dis while been judging odas from their pin-hole opinions. I've seen women that encourage their daughters into local prostitution, so the ladies cld buy dem good tinz of life.......abeg I no fit talk. Pls let's not forget the story of a mother somewr in Anambra or so, who went to drink beer at a bar and left her toddlers at home and they got burnt to death. Her neighbours all said s is in the habit of abandoning her kids. The mere fact that she gives birth to u doesn't guarantee motherly love. Motherly love is learned, not injected by hormones tru child birth.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Erngie(f): 2:53pm On Feb 20, 2017
Martin124:
eh eh sweet mother replay abi
I no even remember the sweet mother song/lyrics. Na just truth wey i talk from my mind
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Mzposh001: 2:56pm On Feb 20, 2017
I understand, I'm not a victim but I watched my mom endure wat ure going thru for almost 20yrs.she wants to know exactly how much she earns, how much remains in her acct if she gives her money,and to make it worse,the last time I went to visit her on a break, she took it out on me for one week because my mom sent her 20k,not knowing how much she earns. she grumbles and complain about everything.words can't say it all, sometimes she would whine about how she raised me when my mom couldn't after the divorce with my dad and now she wants to snatch me from her, lolz... she will try to make me hate her and get angry if I decide to go spend my break with my mom. she actually took me in for 6yrs and felt that's enough for me to start acknowledging her as my mom instead of granny.but above all my mom still loves her and wouldn't have me talk about all these things no matter what.... so I think the fact that we are family means we just have to tolerate in love.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by shukudi(m): 3:00pm On Feb 20, 2017
Annamma:
Hi fellow humans, my beloved mother is unknowingly forcing me to hate her. She has suddenly become megalomaniac.

She always want to have the final say in every issue not minding the feelings of others. She doesnt waste time to switch her allegiance and love to any of her children that has it big at the very moment..

She is in her 60s but always believe she knows the current things more than us. Immagine the torchlight Nokia phone we bought for her she cant even operate it well, but now telling us that we dont love her because we didnt buy android touchscreen phone for her to be browsing.
What is she going to browse? when she cant even communicate with english fluently.

You will teach her one thing for many months and even spend years doing serial correction for her, yet she wont get it right.

She is also very ungrateful... She lacks nothing as we timely assist her with upkeep allowances. My Dad still provide for all her daily needs too.

Nairalanders i cant even say much, infact i thought of committing suicide yesterday because of her unbearing attitude...

Pls what do i do as i have tried talking to her about this severally, only for the peaceful talks to snowball into a fiercing quarrell ofwhich it echo reaches the next day.

Pls what should i do?
Dear OP, I feel ur pain. There is a guy from Osu, currently on vacation @ ilesha prison. He has a good xperience on things like this. Lalasticlala or seun can hlp u wt his contact. Consult him nd u wl be free forever.
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Nobody: 3:02pm On Feb 20, 2017
Annamma:

Pls what should i do?

You have used too much harsh words on her. Is she not your mom? You dont need bringing her down. When you were young she gave up everything to give you life, dont be an ingrate. Buying her android wont kill you. Remember you too will become old one day. It is not everything you hear you give a reply too. Be guided, be wise. Takia

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Originalsly: 3:03pm On Feb 20, 2017
Annamma:
I'm not a teenager, but a 30yrs old adult in all ramifications.
Bro....I thought you were a teenager. As an adult.... one who knows your mom is suffering from a form of mental illness... you should know how to handle the situation. By coming here to say all this... and even saying that you contemplated suicide because of this makes me believe you are suffering from another form of mental illness. This your reaction is not normal. I suggest you go see a psychiatrist. .... the same one that diagnosed your mom.... and yes...I know you know nothing is wrong with you.
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by emerged01(m): 3:04pm On Feb 20, 2017
Hmm,i feel your pain bro. When I told my mum that I'm willing to help her to rearrange her room,i thought she will appreciate it never knew na fight go end am. E get how person dey relate with old woman o. I let her see reasons I need to throw away some old stuffs, na there enter am. My old mama no gree o I think say na play but after sometimes I realised say she mean am. I just leave her o but just change few things. No be small thing, you don't need to hate her just play along with her.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Nobody: 3:04pm On Feb 20, 2017
Annamma:

Just like that ?
Please from which angle are you coming from...

Its only God that knows the truth...
I have lost my mother, the person i see now is not my beloved mother i use to know.
your mother is getting old, If you have ever loved her,this is the time to prove it and be patient and tolerant, I have stayed with a grandmother before so I know how annoying they can be and all their claim of being wiser even to current events, but looking back I find it funny instead of letting it irritate me, let her have the phone and teach her how to operate it,even tease her with it, don't wait to honour her when she is no more and kill cows,your tone is even disrespectful, you don't bring such things to a public domain with this tone, if someone was to use this tone fir her,how will you feel?

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Reference(m): 3:11pm On Feb 20, 2017
As far as I am concerned the only orders an adult takes from a parent relates to a vison handed down to be pursued, such that could not be accomplished by the parent. Phones and candy floss are not issues of life....but they threaten to take this man's life. Haba. Nigerians and materialism. Drop the Nokia and move on abeg and set yourself free from small mindedness.
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Feb 20, 2017
Annamma:

Pls what should i do?

It's a mental sickness setting in. She may need appointment with a psychiatric doctor.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Nobody: 3:17pm On Feb 20, 2017
Annamma:

Pls what should i do?

The mistake your mum made was not aborting

My friend just lost her mum and i know how she would wish to be you, to have a mum who annoys her. you are a self centered attention wh0re..
You lack love and are a mean spirited thug..
I pity any woman that marries or dates you for a man who cant love his own mum is incapable of loving another woman..

I am sure if your gf comes to open a thread here about how mean you are it would say alot...
You are unfit to have mum.. the problem isnt your mum its you.. from all you posted shows how dark your heart is...

You have no conscience or respect

Do us all a favor and commit suicide -pls
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by mondee02(m): 3:18pm On Feb 20, 2017
Hector09:
Bro i fell ur pain, my mum is like that thou she's 40 yr, bt she nage alot, nothing pleases her, always comparing u with other guys, thou am just 23yrs bt i hate her. To be honest

People won't just understand. all they'll ever say is respect your mum, respect your mum, respect your mum claiming to be good children but won't know what you're going through. some mothers are unbearable, nagging and comparism are my mum's hubby.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Katyusha(m): 3:20pm On Feb 20, 2017
willibounce1:

Your father is a drunkard. Wretched MF. Spending money on your mother is problem. But your type will buy iPhone 7 for your girl friend. Anoufia.
Am sorry for your kids.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by shumuel(m): 3:23pm On Feb 20, 2017
Annamma:

My brother buying for her is not the problem. The problem is she wont even appreciate it.. she has more than 3 phones.

Op, believe you me, you are not alone.

Please buy her the phone or send her the money and get someone young around her (thats if she is not staying with any of you) to take her to one of the phone sale's outlet and chose the one she wants herself and buy also let that person teach her how to use the phone.

Most mothers are very unbearable when they get old, i call it their ''Ugly and Old Phase'' she is probably doing all that to get attention from you her children, don't forget to add Data to the phone, but avoid her on social medias especially Facebook because when she has been well trained to use the phone and also browse on it, she might bring family matters to the public, the best thing to do is to teach her how to play games, that is what is working for me now; my mum compete in online games with her old friends all day and when she is tired she calls us all on phone to narrate how she is the champion and ask after us, after that she eats and sleeps, no more disturbing of anyone, so buying her that phone would do you good, infact you would be happy you did. Wishing you best of luck grin

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by brendachizzy(f): 3:23pm On Feb 20, 2017
my mum used to be like that. Tho, hers was as a result of an illness, you know that feeling of not been able to do things you usually do? That was exactly how she felt but little me didn't get it. Thought she was overbearing until she passed on. If you should ask me one thing I would like to do if given a chance, I would say, give me that time so as to show her more love.

Then my dad, where do I start from? But I learnt something. He wasn't that way from the beginning, and so whenever he starts his wahala my mind goes to the fact that he's aging. At some point I jokingly told him "dad, you talk too much these days, that's a sign of old age, it's time to give you grandkids to keep yourself busily talking". He laughed. Sometimes, when these old parents of ours become strong headed, it's best to give them their way. Make them realize they were wrong after all.

So op, if she wants Android, give her. By the time she misses calls for a day or two, she would call you to take it back. Give her whatever and bear in mind she wasn't that way from the beginning.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Nobody: 3:24pm On Feb 20, 2017
u knw wat??....
jxt hug ur mother Nd tel her "uwar ki"...
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by ephi123(f): 3:25pm On Feb 20, 2017
OP, if you were the one in her shoes, how would YOU want to be treated? Apply that same approach to your mum.

Mothers are very precious, and I'm sorry to say but your tone of voice about your mum is quite disrespectful, no mother deserves that.

I also don't understand the whole "I will kill myself" - how will that solve the problem?

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Senorprinz(m): 3:26pm On Feb 20, 2017
byrron:

Lol!

That approach will only create more emotional and health related crises, it will also break his/her mom's heart forever and she will live with that guilt for the rest of her life.

Your advice is hereby overruled

the op already contemplated suicide, i was only helping it to make up it's mind.
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Taiwx(m): 3:30pm On Feb 20, 2017
DIKEnaWAR:
. You well so?

Ayam not surecheesycheesycheesy
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by willibounce1(m): 3:36pm On Feb 20, 2017
Katyusha:
Am sorry for your kids.

Am sorry for your parents if you still have any.
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by NevetsIbot(m): 3:37pm On Feb 20, 2017
Hector09:
lol. All of una dey talk.... If I talk my momsi's own ehn, she's 48 o buh ifI just tell you guys.... Bomb go blast

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Nobody: 3:44pm On Feb 20, 2017
Senorprinz:

the op already contemplated suicide, i was only helping it to make up it's mind.

You help someone that is suicidal by talking them out of it as well as helping them see reasons why carrying out such act can never be a solution to their problem(s).
By helping someone with suicidal thoughts to make up their mind and carry out the act automatically makes you culpable even though you didn't commit the act but you facilitated the act by failing to stop it from happening.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"I Regret Divorcing My Former Husband, The Beating I Receive Now Is Worse" / Pastor, Funke Adejumo Teaches Women How To Be Sexy For Their Husbands At Night / Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.