Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,392 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. (49715 Views)

Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury / '29 Years Together, My Mum Is Still Looking At My Dad Like This' - Nigerian Lady / My Wife Denies Me Sex Just Because Her Mum Is Around. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by AgreatMan: 12:34pm On Feb 20, 2017
Op needs to calm down, someday when she is no more around, this same attitude you hate is what you would wish she was there to give. You will miss that attitude, n will blame yourself for it.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Nobody: 12:53pm On Feb 20, 2017
ABINTUK:

So funny i swear.....The question is, will she be able to use it?

Some people are just so difficult to please! Buy her an Android phone and she will start demanding for an iPhone once she sees someone else using it, some people are just like that and it could be as a result of greed, age related issues, hormonal imbalances, environmental factors, type of companies/associations one keeps and lack of self control etc.

The only way to deal with such situations is for one to provide only those things that are really essential.

You can also grant some wishes to make your loved one's happy but if such privileges are been abused through constant frivolous demands then you should draw the line.

5 Likes

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by EmmySparky(m): 1:00pm On Feb 20, 2017
This Op is grossly stupid and foolish...talking about ur parent publicly like this is a taboo...u dont know the gravity of wat u have done now till u have kids of ur own

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by ABINTUK(m): 1:09pm On Feb 20, 2017
EmmySparky:
This Op is grossly stupid and foolish...talking about ur parent publicly like this is a taboo...u dont know the gravity of wat u have done now till u have kids of ur own
Stop hiding in your little harmlet and feel you know better.. Travell a distance and get your head filled with some sense on how to deal with pressing issues in better climes. i say leave ur village.

11 Likes

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by EmmySparky(m): 1:16pm On Feb 20, 2017
ABINTUK:

Stop hiding in your little harmlet and feel you know better.. Travell a distance and get your head filled with some sense on how to deal with pressing issues in better climes. i say leave ur village.
i see...u also drag ur parents to public forums and publicly bombard them with all sorts of insultive words right?...continue...karma is definitely going to catch up with y'all ungrateful kids...u would one day have ur own kids...and hopefully they won't just say these things behind ur back but directly to ur face....mark my words...and for ur information...the places i have travelled to in my life time , i doubt if u would ever get there...

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Ilias2: 1:18pm On Feb 20, 2017
The thing is if you cannot cope with your mum.. how are you going to cope with your wife.the thing is many families with there peculiar problems.. u cannot fix your mum to be right. .. it the work of your dad and the more you get attach to trying to fix her the one you loose your senses...
Also watch your language ..if you cant at least pretend to filter your language on an open platfom like it... it very bad..no matter how bad she is... we still have far more worse mothers out here...

My advise get it together. ..u and ur siblings should sit down with her with ur dad... dont coreect her cos u will never win that battle... just tell her how u fell..that all...

4 Likes

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Ilias2: 1:20pm On Feb 20, 2017
EmmySparky:
i see...u also drag ur parents to public forums and publicly bombard them with all sorts of insultive words right?...continue...karma is definitely going to catch up with y'all ungrateful kids...u would one day have ur own kids...and hopefully they won't just say these things behind ur back but directly to ur face....mark my words...and for ur information...the places i have travelled to in my life time , i doubt if u would ever get there...

Stop using fire to kill fire. ..correct this fellow.. we are all humans. .. we pray he understands the way u do...

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by EmmySparky(m): 1:30pm On Feb 20, 2017
It just pains me to see people acting this way...its just so pathetic and irritating

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by coolpenny: 1:31pm On Feb 20, 2017
Don't be idle. Make a wise decision today. Invest that spare money in Donation Hub and reap your dividends in no time. Invest wisely.
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Nobody: 1:31pm On Feb 20, 2017
Annamma:
In what way? please explain i will really appreciate.

So you know your mum is sick and you can't be patient and understanding?

What sort of person are you and why do you think it was necessary to insult your mum on social media? Smh

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by BCISLTD: 1:32pm On Feb 20, 2017
Op ..you just described yourself growing up..imagine how she felt taking care of ur lame ass

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by SmartyPants(m): 1:33pm On Feb 20, 2017
You thought of committing suicide because of your mom's megalomania (as described by yo)?

Are you sure you are not the one in need of help?

5 Likes

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Nobody: 1:33pm On Feb 20, 2017
Annamma:
Hi fellow humans, my beloved mother is unknowingly forcing me to hate her. She has suddenly become megalomaniac.

She always want to have the final say in every issue not minding the feelings of others. She doesnt waste time to switch her allegiance and love to any of her children that has it big at the very moment..

She is in her 60s but always believe she knows the current things more than us. Immagine the torchlight Nokia phone we bought for her she cant even operate it well, but now telling us that we dont love her because we didnt buy android touchscreen phone for her to be browsing.
What is she going to browse? when she cant even communicate with english fluently.

You will teach her one thing for many months and even spend years doing serial correction for her, yet she wont get it right.

She is also very ungrateful... She lacks nothing as we timely assist her with upkeep allowances. My Dad still provide for all her daily needs too.

Nairalanders i cant even say much, infact i thought of committing suicide yesterday because of her unbearing attitude...

This megalomania is destroying the love i once had for her.
Pls what do i do as i have tried talking to her about this severally, only for the peaceful talks to snowball into a fiercing quarrell ofwhich it echo reaches the next day.

Pls what should i do?

Menopause.....

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Erngie(f): 1:34pm On Feb 20, 2017
Do anything for mama..make her stay happy..God might call her anytime, so that you won't regret the things you didnt do

4 Likes

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by actright2(m): 1:34pm On Feb 20, 2017
I doubt if this person had a proper upbringing. I'm sure you also wish to attain old age?

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Sultty(m): 1:34pm On Feb 20, 2017
Annamma:
Hi fellow humans, my beloved mother is unknowingly forcing me to hate her. She has suddenly become megalomaniac.

She always want to have the final say in every issue not minding the feelings of others. She doesnt waste time to switch her allegiance and love to any of her children that has it big at the very moment..

She is in her 60s but always believe she knows the current things more than us. Immagine the torchlight Nokia phone we bought for her she cant even operate it well, but now telling us that we dont love her because we didnt buy android touchscreen phone for her to be browsing.
What is she going to browse? when she cant even communicate with english fluently.

You will teach her one thing for many months and even spend years doing serial correction for her, yet she wont get it right.

She is also very ungrateful... She lacks nothing as we timely assist her with upkeep allowances. My Dad still provide for all her daily needs too.

Nairalanders i cant even say much, infact i thought of committing suicide yesterday because of her unbearing attitude...

Pls what do i do as i have tried talking to her about this severally, only for the peaceful talks to snowball into a fiercing quarrell ofwhich it echo reaches the next day.

Pls what should i do?
just know that 1 day u will b old and want love and attention from ur children. Whether u like it or not, ur mum i's ur mum
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Olufemiolaolu(m): 1:36pm On Feb 20, 2017
Annamma:

Pls what should i do?
Ur mum is ur mum no matter what. Keep on loving her & pray DAT God changes her kk. Agba bowa kan e. I.e you too will become old one day. Sow a good seed today.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Handsomecole(m): 1:37pm On Feb 20, 2017
Your problem is not new, to be sincere it's similar to what I'm experiencing with my mum in the same age bracket. She wants things done her own way and complains too much, well I see it as effects of old age ( though not all mums are like dat).
Well as for me. I try to mind my business and do what she asks me to do ( so far it has no effect on me) meaning so far it's not going to affect my decisions.
So do your own part as her daughter or son. Try and mind your business stop trying to please her. Just do what you know you are supposed to do. And also make plans to leave the house for her by marriage or relocating.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by obyrich(m): 1:37pm On Feb 20, 2017
Annamma:

My brother buying for her is not the problem. The problem is she wont even appreciate it.. she has more than 3 phones.
If you are a christian, stop contributing to your church forthwith until you buy it for her! It doesn't matter what she does with it. Buy the android phone for her.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by fpeter(f): 1:37pm On Feb 20, 2017
Annamma:

Just like that ?
Please from which angle are you coming from...

Its only God that knows the truth...
I have lost my mother, the person i see now is not my beloved mother i use to know.

You know in Nigeria we don't take mental health seriously. Have you considered inviting a Psychologist or Counselor to see her?
Moreover, you need to move out of the family home and give her some space. She may get better when she begins to miss you.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by KevMitnick: 1:37pm On Feb 20, 2017
toluine56:
She needs more love.
No she doesn't. He'll be patronizing her. He needs to tell her about her attitude. If she wasn't his biological mum, I'd have advised him to bolt.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Senorprinz(m): 1:38pm On Feb 20, 2017
just commit suicide and you'll be free from her forever.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Samsimple(m): 1:38pm On Feb 20, 2017
Some pple are looking for mother they couldn't find any...dis one is complaining ...as long as u still live under her roof she has the right to have a say in everything u do
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Shegzy8(m): 1:39pm On Feb 20, 2017
I guess this is bubu's fault again
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by konfused: 1:41pm On Feb 20, 2017
Your mum is going through issues associated with menopause.

What she needs more now is more loving words and care. Your dad needs to start doubling his ehmmm, effort per se.

She needs the D more now, that's what will tame her

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by health2wealth: 1:41pm On Feb 20, 2017
Just booking space. I might have something to say later
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 20, 2017
KevMitnick:

No she doesn't. He'll be patronizing her. He needs to tell her about her attitude. If she wasn't his biological mum, I'd have advised him to bolt.

He said she is sick so why shouldn't she be shown more love to make her happier or did your mum not show you were ill?
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Itulah(m): 1:41pm On Feb 20, 2017
Move out.
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by babyface224(f): 1:42pm On Feb 20, 2017
hmmm...no matter wat, jst try n understand her. pple av different ways of showing their love. she's in her 60's she needs attention. A friend of mine lost his mom, he cried for days while she was alive, he was always complaining about his mom nagging ways. d say she died, no one could console him. He found out all she needed was attention. She's ur Mom, give her d respect she deserves, if she's doing Some things dat u don't lyk, sit her down n talk to her or u include ur siblings to let her know the effect of her attitude.
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by proffemi: 1:42pm On Feb 20, 2017
EmmySparky:

Relax. Expecting people to bottle everything up usually leads to disaster (e.g., OP has already contemplated suicide). I see absolutely nothing wrong in asking for advice, and, yes, using strong language (if that is how s/he truly feels) as long as s/he remains anonymous. Either help him/her or move on.

6 Likes

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by sapientia(m): 1:43pm On Feb 20, 2017
Op... buy it for her.. if she needs iphone.. get it for her.. you dont know what passed through for you to be whp you are.. you cannot even pay her back.

Just wish mine is alive... Even she wants a phone that uses command line.. i go buy am. SHE IS MUM.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Reference(m): 1:43pm On Feb 20, 2017
Annamma:

Pls what should i do?

Your mum is in her 60's which means you are an adult but you talk and act like a child no wonder you are treated as such. If she was still providing for you will you have a choice or what phone you are gifted.

You are too old to be doing mummy and daddy's boy or girl and the journey ahead is one of psychological disaster. Better slam the phone down and go get a life. That you are even competing with your siblings that you have no future relationship is just pathetic. Tomorrow they will tell you how to bonk your partner.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How A Man Embarrassed His Wife In My Presence Today / "I Regret Divorcing My Former Husband, The Beating I Receive Now Is Worse" / Woman Gives Birth To Snake In Umuahia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.