Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) (46441 Views)

Chief Denied Entry Into A Plane In Enugu Because Of His Traditional Attire / Algerian Woman Denied French Citizenship Over Refusal For Handshake - BBC / Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by AlphaStyles(m): 7:33pm On Mar 10, 2017
ThatPuffPuffBae:
she wanted the baby to be born American,I'm assuming

see sense lol up Trump
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 10, 2017
EgunMogaji:

That's not the story I heard.

She was turned back in Dubai at a USA immigration point there in Dubai. She was never in the USA.

We have USA immigration pre-clearance sites in some places in the world:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-02-13/u-s-border-extends-to-dubai-tempting-travelers-drained-by-wait

The pre-clearance process ensures that passengers wouldn't need to go through inspection by CBP officers at a US airport.
I hope the Trump administration establishes a pre-clearance section at the MMIA cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by ttmacoy: 8:03pm On Mar 10, 2017
Classic lol

BUTCHCASSIDY:

Really

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by MrsAnyanwu(f): 8:19pm On Mar 10, 2017
mayoor15:
Do what exactly, America does not allow pregnant women into the country, this isn't a Nigerian issue, I guess she wanted to beat immigration that was why she tried entering through Dubai.....shikena
when did dis one start, they allow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by mayoor15(m): 8:31pm On Mar 10, 2017
MrsAnyanwu:
when did dis one start, they allow
Years back ma'am, they discovered people especially Africans come to the US just to give birth for the citizenship with some not able to cater for the bills, so they stopped issuing visas to pregnant women, those that get it are those who can prove that even if d bill is a million dollars they can foot it, though not sure of this cos I don't work in US embassy, that explains why the woman couldn't get a direct visa and had to find her way to Dubai with the expectation that she can enter US from Dubai
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by RaptorX: 8:46pm On Mar 10, 2017
And this same Yankee that we are breaking our neck to get to, the black Americans who are even citizens don't really give a fvck about the country and a lot of them actually want to relocate back to Africa. What an irony.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by MrsAnyanwu(f): 9:01pm On Mar 10, 2017
mayoor15:
Years back ma'am, they discovered people especially Africans come to the US just to give birth for the citizenship with some not able to cater for the bills, so they stopped issuing visas to pregnant women, those that get it are those who can prove that even if d bill is a million dollars they can foot it, though not sure of this cos I don't work in US embassy, that explains why the woman couldn't get a direct visa and had to find her way to Dubai with the expectation that she can enter US from Dubai
wow well said, thank you my Son!!!!
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by Nobody: 9:07pm On Mar 10, 2017
mile12crises:
Kpele..... woman was eyeing 'American citizen by birth'

Only to get Dubai citizenship
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by Beautyaddy: 9:16pm On Mar 10, 2017
Yes you are quite right. However not many people will believe that the US is no longer what it used to be like 20 years ago. It's still being overshadowed by its old glory.

Canada is where the rush for Citizenship should be now and most women are not even aware of the great country. Better social benefits like medical, school, support for mothers and the list goes on.

RaptorX:
And this same Yankee that we are breaking our neck to get to, the black Americans who are even citizens don't really give a fvck about the country and a lot of them actually want to relocate back to Africa. What an irony.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by Nobody: 9:24pm On Mar 10, 2017
CFCman:

The pre-clearance process ensures that passengers wouldn't need to go through inspection by CBP officers at a US airport.
I hope the Trump administration establishes a pre-clearance section at the MMIA cheesy

The airlines do a mini pre-clearance of sorts but you're right it would be helpful and a major cost savings in this Buhari times.

I've seen people yanked from flights before at LOS and I suspect was because the airline got an alert not to board them. They do scan your passport and send it ahead to border agents from LOS.
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 10, 2017
mayoor15:

She had a valid USA visa actually, Dubai was just stopover. No airline would carry you from LOS to any USA POE without a valid visa.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by amanikondo: 9:34pm On Mar 10, 2017
Aburi001:
Trump might not complete his tenure, someone can quote me

Go kill am.
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by amanikondo: 9:39pm On Mar 10, 2017
Beautyaddy:
Yes you are quite right. However not many people will believe that the US is no longer what it used to be like 20 years ago. It's still being overshadowed by its old glory.

Canada is where the rush for Citizenship should be now and most women are not even aware of the great country. Better social benefits like medical, school, support for mothers and the list goes on.

Lol. See professor. That Canada is the place we want you all to keep going. Go and enjoy the social benefits until the country bankrupt.

US does not even want old glory. We will give it to anyone that wants it.
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by mayoor15(m): 9:41pm On Mar 10, 2017
EgunMogaji:

She had a valid USA visa actually, Dubai was just stopover. No airline would carry you from LOS to any USA POE without a valid visa.
Even if you claim she had a valid visa then she lied to them before they issued her the visa, she went to forced labour according to her friend meaning premature birth, since the baby is still in an incubator it means the baby was born probably around 7 months, according to her friend also, she incurred outrageous expenses, this confirm d fear of Americans and the reason why they reject pregnant people visas...Bottom line is she wanted to prove smart and beat the system but her juju wasnt done perfectly.....
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by Nobody: 9:53pm On Mar 10, 2017
mayoor15:
Even if you claim she had a valid visa then she lied to them before they issued her the visa, she went to forced labour according to her friend meaning premature birth, since the baby is still in an incubator it means the baby was born probably around 7 months, according to her friend also, she incurred outrageous expenses, this confirm d fear of Americans and the reason why they reject pregnant people visas...Bottom line is she wanted to prove smart and beat the system but her juju wasnt done perfectly.....

You should probably read the Punch article that I linked.
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by mayoor15(m): 10:13pm On Mar 10, 2017
EgunMogaji:

You should probably read the Punch article that I linked.

Don't get what you are trying to prove but fact is somethings are printed black and on paper, she was pregnant and had insufficient funds same with the man who travelled with his wife according to your article do what the fuss all about, we Nigerians bring shame on ourselves, must we give birth abroad or what?
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by Nobody: 10:14pm On Mar 10, 2017
EgunMogaji:

The airlines do a mini pre-clearance of sorts but you're right it would be helpful and a major cost savings in this Buhari times.

I've seen people yanked from flights before at LOS and I suspect was because the airline got an alert not to board them. They do scan your passport and send it ahead to border agents from LOS.
Right
I believe all airlines, when boarding passengers on a direct flight to the US, are required to send the passenger manifest to DHS.
So, DHS probably ran the person's name thru a watchlist, and got a match.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by Nobody: 10:25pm On Mar 10, 2017
SmartMugu:

We don't know. We've been dealing with leadership issues since I was a toddler. Nigeria is indeed blessed, the decision makers just need to be smarter than they are now.
Sometimes I wish all these politicians could be replaced by expatriates from other countries for just two years in an experiment, Nigeria will be completely transformed leveraging her internal resources, no need for loans.
Rather, we end up voting same old people back in, with their old ideas and thats all they know and impose on to us the new generation - formerly promised to be leaders of tomorrow.

So no light at d end of d tunnel or no tunnel?
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by Nobody: 10:53pm On Mar 10, 2017
mayoor15:
Don't get what you are trying to prove but fact is somethings are printed black and on paper, she was pregnant and had insufficient funds same with the man who travelled with his wife according to your article do what the fuss all about, we Nigerians bring shame on ourselves, must we give birth abroad or what?

Trust me on this, I got nothing to prove to you so stop getting agitated.

Yes, I must give birth abroad and never in Nigeria wink

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by mayoor15(m): 12:00am On Mar 11, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Trust me on this, I got nothing to prove to you so stop getting agitated.
Yes, I must give birth abroad and never in Nigeria wink
If I may ask why?
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by shamecurls(m): 1:01am On Mar 11, 2017
mayoor15:

Outrightly false!

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by Nobody: 1:21am On Mar 11, 2017
mayoor15:
If I may ask why?

I lived in the US and giving birth in Nigeria will cause a hardship for me. I would be forced to go and register a birth at the US Embassy and they may start nonsense stuff like asking for DNA.

PS: And my employer is a hospital, so birth in the USA = $0 versus birth in Nigeria = N0+ grin
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by alobright17(m): 1:28am On Mar 11, 2017
RaptorX:
na junkies go wan leave us come Africa.especially Naija where steady power supply, good roads,water,security e.t.c are all prohibited.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by aariwa(m): 1:39am On Mar 11, 2017
CFCman:

Hahahaha Nigerians will infiltrate and and make it ineffective
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by alobright17(m): 2:09am On Mar 11, 2017
donsteady:
We need to quickly take action to end this madness. If possible have some USA citizens return at the point of entry just to send a message to Trump that he does not have monopoly of madness. Send at list 100 US citizens back in 24 hours and he will get the message clear. Tit for tat
Professor of law please take action now. Don't allow the US to take us for granted. Enough is enough. Do you all Nairalander a agree with me?
So you really type this? How much looted money from Usa do we have in Nigeria? How many of their own has been rushed here for Treatment,Do they give testimony in the church for getting naija Visa,How many Hollywood members do resides in Naija,do Usa need Naira to empower their economy?,How many us citizens are in Naija hustling? Nigeria should send back 100 us Citizens in retaliations to an obvious smart act gone wrong by an individual ?So how many Usa citizens are here, maybe one million ? The act never started this current regime so why calling Trump? You don't want them to take you for granted,you want them to fold their arms and watch Nigerians run them down like Nigeria abi? You want to teach Usa a lesson ?even bigger better and respectable countries need usa despite anything,How many Usa hustlers will shout and say yes they became somebody because he was hustling in the street of Lagos e.t.c.....next thing is for you to say that Nigerians are the ones that developed US of A.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by mikolo80: 2:12am On Mar 11, 2017
ovokooo:
A Twitter user @damie_thompson claims her friend who had a layover at Dubai enroute the US was denied entry into the US despite having a valid visas and had travelled multiple times. According to the twitter user, the woman was pregnant and even gave birth to a premature baby while in Dubai. Read her tweets from bottom up.

Source: http://ovoko.com.ng/pregnant-nigerian-woman-denied-entry-us/

anchor baby things
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by Shukran(f): 3:01am On Mar 11, 2017
gypsey:
Absolutely! %1000 correct! my partner is an immiga officer here in the UK and she tells me that it doesn't matter what kinda entrance visa any one has appart from diplomats it is always her/ their decision as an immiga officer/ officers who enters the country, infact she also tells me that she can refuse some one entry for no reason; some times just because she feels like it or she didn't like the way they look grin( secret lipsrsealed) so yes you are on point.

Abeg tell them
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by Nobody: 3:04am On Mar 11, 2017
aariwa:
Hahahaha Nigerians will infiltrate and and make it ineffective
You know our people well cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by Nobody: 3:57am On Mar 11, 2017
alobright17:
na junkies go wan leave us come Africa.especially Naija where steady power supply, good roads,water,security e.t.c are all prohibited.

I've never met any AA that has a dying passion to move to Nigeria.

Come on vacation? Yes. Relocate? No.

Even me sef wonder why I'm choosing to retire to Ibadan. When I can retire to South America.
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by mayoor15(m): 6:25am On Mar 11, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I lived in the US and giving birth in Nigeria will cause a hardship for me. I would be forced to go and register a birth at the US Embassy and they may start nonsense stuff like asking for DNA.

PS: And my employer is a hospital, so birth in the USA = $0 versus birth in Nigeria = N0+ grin
Yours is understandable, but why will a Nigerian leave his country just to give birth in the US cos he wants a citizenship, last time I checked St. Nicholas Hospital is still one of d best and many other hospitals like that....
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by ttmacoy: 7:44am On Mar 11, 2017
Many of the African Americans who want to move to Africa are those especially from the inner city who haven't been able to get over the past history of slavery and racism and somehow believe moving back to motherland will give them a better life.

Many a times they are sorely mistaken as I've spoken to some and I told one of he denounced his citizenship I would pay his ticket to Nigeria and let's see how he fares.

I told him all this one you commit crime and go to jail with tv etc. In Nigeria Na Kiri Kiri get you if you don't get burnt in the streets with tire first. No food stamps, no section 8 housing etc that you take for granted here and still keep complaining because you fail to apply and develop yourself.

I am not claiming America is perfect for the black man, but in today's America racism is not the biggest issue and can't hold you back. Lack of fathers resulting in kids with no direction , no discipline and no respect for authority is the biggest issue holding African Americans back.

For me, I would take America over Canada any day. I know Canada gives benefits etc but I always strive to earn more than benefit thresholds even while in the UK and that is something I am proud of. In terms of career options, earning power etc Canada just doesn't hold up to the US, but if you are after a fairly low income steady life then maybe Canada would be better.

I don't think Canada can sustain the liberal policies for too long and the more people flood there due to Trudeau's open policy the watered down those so called benefits will be.

I work for one of the major consulting firms and once on a project with some Canadian team members they confirmed there is a massive difference in salary between the states and Canada for the same firm, and there is just a lot more scope for project variety and career options.

I don't ever see myself trading the US for Canada. It will result in a massive drop in income and standard of living for me and less options.

All this said that is my personal preference and not a US is better than Canada or via versa argument. This is a very relative decision based on your preference, expectations etc.

RaptorX:

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by Nobody: 8:40am On Mar 11, 2017
ttmacoy:

I don't think Canada can sustain the liberal policies for too long and the more people flood there due to Trudeau's open policy the watered down those so called benefits will be.

I work for one of the major consulting firms and once on a project with some Canadian team members they confirmed there is a massive difference in salary between the states and Canada for the same firm, and there is just a lot more scope for project variety and career options.

I don't ever see myself trading the US for Canada. It will result in a massive drop in income and standard of living for me and less options.

All this said that is my personal preference and not a US is better than Canada or via versa argument. This is a very relative decision based on your preference, expectations etc.

Trudope would be kicked out in the next election. He has no idea of the hardship people are going through. The millenials that voted massively for him cos of his boyish looks and promise to legalize marijuana are already regretting...Concerning the liberals flawed open door policies...Canada has very limited good jobs, but plenty part time low skilled jobs. Jobs are becoming very scarce...This is a country of only 36million people spread accross a massive land...If Canadians are finding it hard to secure jobs, how would immigrants be able to obtain one to fend for their families?...The lucky Canadians with US citizenship are moving south to the US to take up jobs.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady Holds On To The Brake Of The Bus For A Driver To Fight An Agbero (photos) / Ogun State To Provide Electric Okada For Public Transportation. / Speeding Bus Crashes Into A Betting Shop, Destroys Everything Inside. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.