Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State (11235 Views)

On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View / I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark / Movement For The Creation Of FESTAC STATE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by Chyz2: 4:09am On Apr 15, 2011
jason123:

Daft as usual. . . .

^^^Daft indeed
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by jason123: 4:23am On Apr 15, 2011
Chyz*:

^^^Daft indeed
Thanks for acknowledging the daftness you and Ezeuche display here daily. . . . grin
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by ektbear: 4:27am On Apr 15, 2011
Beaf:

^
You're lucky its time for the Shanhai F1 first practice. I would have beaten eggs out of your rusty bigoted arse.

When you return, we can continue grin I enjoy this.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by Kilode1: 5:33am On Apr 15, 2011
ekt_bear:

@Kilode?!: What steps concretely? Is a simple change of the revenue formula enough? Or are deeper constitutional changes needed?

For me it has to go deeper than revenue sharing, we need to put this current constitution in a shredding machine. Nigeria is currently an entitlement sharing company with pseudo-unity phrases like "federal character" and "power rotation" all because the center is where the loot is.

Concrete steps will have to be debated on and negotiated, but I can make a safe bet that Most Nigerians are not opposed to a debate neither are they opposed to a constitutional conference that will discuss the restructuring of Nigeria. The opposers are our oppressors, the same military-politician-business elites who know their influences will reduce in a decentralized Nigeria.

Concretely, we can do a referendum or plebiscite for people to choose if they want counties or cities based on language and culture, or regions, it should be open-ended with clear rules so those who can't decide quickly can join anytime they choose. But they must guarantee the freedom of every Nigerian to live anywhere, do business, vote and be voted for. Local laws will be obeyed as long as they do not violate national ones.

Eku, I don't have a blueprint of every detail beyond broad ideas(if I do, I may not release it until I'm ready to get my face on a ballot paper or raise an army  cool

There are cities in the US where you cannot buy alcohol on Sundays, while some allow prostitution in smaller counties, some will probably shoot you. So we can likewise allow communities to retain their culture and local character while competing with others. enough of this one style fits all, one state fits all nonsense.

New cities or counties can be administered locally and differently but based on approved national benchmark standards. i.e we can't let you sacrifice children to your local god lol. You can marry them off at 14 (if you live in Zamfara) but maybe not at 9.

This kind of self-determination will be discussed and agreed to. I tell you, as soon as the money leaves the center, only the brave and idealistic will aspire to become president. It will be a lot of work with little financial reward for the lazy. All these looters will rather start businesses. Lol

Read this https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-627373.32.html#msg7950251

Notice what Bola Ige said in his letter? (paragraph 7 of Ige to Obj) Notice how OBJ is vehemently opposed to restructuring and true federalism? Go figure.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by ektbear: 8:55pm On Apr 15, 2011
^-- Good post.

LMAO @ this tho:

Eku, I don't have a blueprint of every detail beyond broad ideas(if I do, I may not release it until I'm ready to get my face on a ballot paper or raise an army  cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors / The Resurgent Niger Delta Republic- Igbo Viewpoint / Dasukigate: Buhari’s Close Friend, Jafaru Isa Returns N170m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.