Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,869 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State (11229 Views)

On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View / I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark / Movement For The Creation Of FESTAC STATE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by ektbear: 1:44am On Apr 14, 2011
Delta might be better compared to what Southern Nigeria would have been if it'd never been merged with the Northern protectorate.

I don't really agree with you that Delta State is a failure, Obiagu1. Imperfect, yes.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by Beaf: 1:47am On Apr 14, 2011
ekt_bear:

Delta might be better compared to what Southern Nigeria would have been if it'd never been merged with the Northern protectorate.

I don't really agree with you that Delta State is a failure, Obiagu1. Imperfect, yes.

It is not nearly a failure, neither is it imperfect. In fact, it is like heaven compared to your state, which is just like continous dense forest.
You like to claim Lagos, but we all know its fake.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by Beaf: 1:48am On Apr 14, 2011
sbeezy8:

theres no itsekiri person in warri who doesnt have urhobo relative and vice versa

Word. cool
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by Obiagu1(m): 1:52am On Apr 14, 2011
ekt_bear:

I[b] don't really agree with you that Delta State is a failure, Obiagu1.[/b] Imperfect, yes.

I didn't say Delta was a failure. It's just a bunch of people pretending to love themselves as we do in our "peaceful" Nigeria but wouldn't hesitate to deny others any opportunity due to them if they have the chance.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by Beaf: 1:54am On Apr 14, 2011
sbeezy8:

lol beaf thinks dpp is to urhobo LOL. but from the pics they post during the campaign shiot looks crazy takin boats from one village to another that def aint the part i went to.

the urhobos were arguing that hes not doing anything in urhobo areas

Im not in delta state but from what my cuzzos say its like hes the best  lipsrsealed lmfao

I said DPP is too Urhobo, because I dont want any ethnically biased party taking over affairs in Delta, it would just upset things and right now we are building and healing.

Your cousin is right that Great Ogboru is the best (he sponsored Okah's coup and it took off from his factory in Ikorodu), but he's in the wrong party. He's better off in PDP.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by jason123: 2:01am On Apr 14, 2011
ekt_bear:

#

That is the truth.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by ektbear: 2:04am On Apr 14, 2011
Obiagu1:

I didn't say Delta was a failure. It's just a bunch of people pretending to love themselves as we do in our "peaceful" Nigeria but wouldn't hesitate to deny others any opportunity due to them if they have the chance.
Hehe. Fair enough. Much of Nigeria is based upon lies.

Beaf:

It is not nearly a failure, neither is it imperfect. In fact, it is like heaven compared to your state, which is just like continous dense forest.
Yes, Delta State is wealthier than my Ekiti State. I don't think that makes it any better/superior. . . just essentially random luck.

You like to claim Lagos, but we all know its fake.
I don't "claim" Lagos. I am not an indigenous Lagosian. I am Yoruba. However, I want to see Yorubaland successful. Lagos is a critical part of the success of Yorubaland in general.

Look, I'm not sure if you think there is some sort of competition going on between you and I. There really is not. And I mean that in both ways the statement can be interpreted, heh.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by Beaf: 2:55am On Apr 14, 2011
ekt_bear:

Yes, Delta State is wealthier than my Ekiti State. I don't think that makes it any better/superior. . . just essentially random luck.

It isn't just wealthier. It is far wealthier, far more developed, and we tend to be far less bigoted and closed minded than you are. We are that way, not out of random luck, just as you are the way you are not out of random luck as well.

Look, I'm not sure if you think there is some sort of competition going on between you and I. There really is not. And I mean that in both ways the statement can be interpreted, heh

In what way would a shrimp compete? Like a coward, you go making jibes about me in tiny print, from thread to thread; so you get whats coming when you bring your ignorance my way. Especially when you bring your pseudo-superiority to a bear on the affairs of a much more successful state than yours. Bloody insulting.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by AljUche: 3:09am On Apr 14, 2011
Beaf:

It isn't just wealthier. It is far wealthier, far more developed, and we tend to be far less bigoted and closed minded than you are. We are that way, not out of random luck, just as you are the way you are not out of random luck as well.

In what way would a shrimp compete? Like a coward, you go making jibes about me in tiny print, from thread to thread; so you get whats coming when you bring your ignorance my way. Especially when you bring your pseudo-superiority to a bear on the affairs of a much more successful state than yours. Bloody insulting.

shut up
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by ektbear: 3:20am On Apr 14, 2011
Beaf:

It isn't just wealthier. It is far wealthier, far more developed,
Agreed, your state is wealthier than mine. I don't think anyone has disputed this.

and we tend to be far less bigoted and closed minded than you are.
Who is this "we", and who is this "you"? What data do you have to support this hypothesis? How does one measure "bigoted" or "closed minded" quantitatively?  grin grin grin

We are that way, not out of random luck, just as you are the way you are not out of random luck as well.
Nah, it is random luck. Some dinosaurs chose to die in your particular patch of land many millions of years ago and not mine. It wasn't as if you caused it.

In what way would a shrimp compete?
You are correct. You (a shrimp) cannot compete with me.

Like a coward, you go making jibes about me in tiny print, from thread to thread;
Beaf, don't flatter or lie to yourself. I made a single jab at you in tiny print. A joke for the reader of my posts. That to you indicates some fear of you? grin Someone I ridicule on a daily basis, in a casual and familiar way, I am afraid of? Are you sure that is not contempt, rather than fear? In any case, it will not stop, whether you like it or not.

so you get whats coming when you bring your ignorance my way.
Which ignorance? And what is this "coming"? Am I supposed to be insulted or offended by you?

Especially when you bring your pseudo-superiority
You are welcome to think that there is something "pseudo" about it, just as I believe it to be a fact. Tis a free world; we are all entitled to our own beliefs.

to a bear on the affairs of a much more successful state than yours. Bloody insulting.
I can comment on the affairs of Delta State; whether it is wealthier than my own or not is irrelevant. If anyone chooses to view it as an insult. . . their problem, not mine.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by Beaf: 3:27am On Apr 14, 2011
^
You are only superior to your own smelly shyte.
I'm sure your village is in the trees and peopled with hunters as well. lol
A Bushman claiming Lagos out of a groaning inferiority complex! Lagos! Lagos! Yada ya! yet you come from ropey hamlet where goats have right of way and men hop through trees. grin grin grin

Delta state is wealthier than yours because the people aren't all mouth and zero balls. They actually do their bit; of the 10 richest people in Nigeria, 5 are from Delta state. We own half the Nigerian press and banks.
Instead of developing your state, you go about mouthing off on those that are better by a country mile.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by sbeezy8: 3:29am On Apr 14, 2011
Don't mind beaf I saw the pics of delta south mainly ijaws as well as some itsekiri  villages and that shit has nothing. on villages if you gotta trvel by boat from village to village its not worth living there
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by sbeezy8: 3:32am On Apr 14, 2011
I'd rather walk in grassland then travel by boat everywhere in delta south of warri dis beaf guy doesn't kno that much about delta state you cannot even compare delta to ekiti or any other state on actually land I'm gonna upload a pic for you to see
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by Beaf: 3:36am On Apr 14, 2011
sbeezy8:

Don't mind beaf I saw the pics of delta south mainly ijaws as well as some itsekiri  villages and that poo has nothing. on villages if you gotta trvel by boat from village to village its not worth living there

lol. Thats like someone saying they've been to Ikorodu or Egbeda and saw nothing of Lagos. Funny stuff!
Dude, when travel by road in Delta and do the same in eku bears state there is something of a culture shock at the vast tranches of forest, sheer numbers of goats and their boldness. Its a miracle of backwardness, and the clown is mouthing a state that is infinitely better.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by Beaf: 3:41am On Apr 14, 2011
sbeezy8:

I'd rather walk in grassland then travel by boat everywhere in delta south of warri dis beaf guy doesn't kno that much about delta state you cannot even compare delta to ekiti or any other state on actually land I'm gonna upload a pic for you to see

A pic of what? grin
I promise not to compare that pic to anything in Warri, Asaba, Sapele or Ughelli. LOL!!!

Lets compare eku bears BEST pic to Aladja, Oghara, Mosoga etc. grin grin
Laf go kill me today o!
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by ektbear: 3:53am On Apr 14, 2011
Beaf:

^
You are only superior to your own smelly shyte.
I'm sure your village is in the trees and peopled with hunters as well. lol
My village in the trees? Peopled with hunters? Are you really sure you want to go down this route? When likely your own village was the prime target of slave raiders? Loaded into ships and sold off for cowrie shells?  grin grin grin Again, are you sure you want to do this?

A Bushman claiming Lagos out of a groaning inferiority complex!
Beaf. . . dude. Insults like that might be offensive to others, but not to me. This "bushman" likely has made more money over the past few years than you, despite still being in school. I don't even want to bring up educational levels (and quality) and future prospects for earnings either. If being a "Bushman" means far higher wealth and social status in 10-15 years time than whatever you will achieve in your life. . . then long live the bush grin

Lagos! Lagos!
When on earth have I claimed Lagos? I am a Yoruba man. A Yoruba man showing love for Lagos is no different from an American showing fondness for DC. . .

Yada ya! yet you come from ropey hamlet where goats have right of way and men hop through trees. grin grin grin
Coming from this "hamlet" doesn't seem to have negatively affected my wealth and earnings potential. I guess this is this is the beauty of raw intelligence and a good work ethic. You can be wealthier than a man whose sole claim to fame is some dinosaurs dying on his patch of land millions of years ago.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by Beaf: 4:02am On Apr 14, 2011
ekt_bear:

My village in the trees? Peopled with hunters? Are you really sure you want to go down this route? When likely your own village was the prime target of slave raiders? Loaded into ships and sold off for cowrie shells?  grin grin grin Again, are you sure you want to do this?
Beaf. . . dude. Insults like that might be offensive to others, but not to me. This "bushman" likely has made more money over the past few years than you, despite still being in school. I don't even want to bring up educational levels (and quality) and future prospects for earnings either. If being a "Bushman" means far higher wealth and social status in 10-15 years time than whatever you will achieve in your life. . . then long live the bush grin
When on earth have I claimed Lagos? I am a Yoruba man. A Yoruba man showing love for Lagos is no different from an American showing fondness for DC. . .
Coming from this "hamlet" doesn't seem to have negatively affected my wealth and earnings potential. I guess this is this is the beauty of raw intelligence and a good work ethic. You can be wealthier than a man whose sole claim to fame is some dinosaurs dying on his patch of land millions of years ago.

Lol! inferiority complex written all over you!
"My school, my money, my this, my that," yet you claim a state which is not yours. . . Symptoms of a tiny d.i.c.k. grin grin grin
Dude, you are from a hamlet where goats are bolder than men, I've been through your ends na. Thats where I was shocked to see goats sleeping in the middle of the road and chewing stuff. . . in the afternoon!!! Damn!
I'm sure you don't even need training to work in a circus, such things come naturally after feeding on raw cassava and akamu as a baby, instead of breas't milk.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by ektbear: 4:23am On Apr 14, 2011
Beaf:

Lol! inferiority complex written all over you!
"My school, my money, my this, my that," yet you claim a state which is not yours. . . Symptoms of a tiny d.i.c.k. grin grin grin
Dude, you are from a hamlet where goats are bolder than men, I've been through your ends na. Thats where I was shocked to see goats sleeping in the middle of the road and chewing stuff. . . in the afternoon!!! Damn!
I'm sure you don't even need training to work in a circus, such things come naturally after feeding on raw cassava and akamu as a baby, instead of breas't milk.
1) When have I claimed to be from Lagos State? Or claimed the state in any way?
2 Beaf, if you have an attractive wife, sister, or female relative, we can have her measure the length, width, and girth of my d1ck. Don't worry, we'll spend several days making sure she gets it exactly correct. After we finish, she can then report back her findings to you and satisfy your effeminate curiosity.
3) I grew up in a first world country. You grew up drawing water and eating fish from an oil-polluted creek. Who is more likely to be malnourished and emaciated, resembling a skeleton, between the two of us? Likely your poor feeding as a child is why you display so much stupidity. . . drinking kerosene is not good for a child's development  grin
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by PhysicsMHD(m): 8:38pm On Apr 14, 2011
ekt_bear:

Why is population size the basis for a state, though? They are considered a distinct ethnic group, and a pretty large part of Delta seems to be their historic territory. Why is their state considered non-viable?

Population is the basis for a state because not every one of Nigeria's many distinct ethnic groups can just be accorded their own state merely for being distinct. There has to be an actual reason/problem. Until the Itsekiri start being actually marginalized it would just be division for the sake of division.

Warri is the only major flashpoint, I thought?

Warri is pretty big though. Didn't Beaf say the Urhobo have 80% of Warri? I don't know if the Ijaw and Itsekiri would agree with that Urhobo figure. They might have Itsekiri and Ijaw estimates for the amount of Warri that each group occupies.

Also, I'm sure there are probably a few other ethnic "border" areas where things could get heated.

I never understood this type of stuff personally. Igbo is Igbo, is it not? Why would they seek to be dominating each other. Just implement something like zoning if it such a big deal. People are too divisive and shortsighted, imo

It is. I don't really understand the division among the leaders, but I bet that if it was put to a vote today, a decision by referendum among the actual people would easily favor the creation of Anioma state with or without any guarantees of power for this or that Igbo sub-group.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by ektbear: 9:26pm On Apr 14, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

Population is the basis for a state because not every one of Nigeria's many distinct ethnic groups can just be accorded their own state merely for being distinct. There has to be an actual reason/problem. Until the Itsekiri start being actually marginalized it would just be division for the sake of division.
I do agree that "division for the sake of division" is bad. So no need to divide anything up unless someone is asking for it and it is necessary. My point is that Itsekiriland is still a viable state within the Nigerian context despite its small population.

Warri is pretty big though. Didn't Beaf say the Urhobo have 80% of Warri? I don't know if the Ijaw and Itsekiri would agree with that Urhobo figure. They might have Itsekiri and Ijaw estimates for the amount of Warri that each group occupies.
So yeah, you'd need an accurate census, documentation of who owned what historically, etc. But once you have that, shouldn't be hard to partition the city.

Also, I'm sure there are probably a few other ethnic "border" areas where things could get heated.
None are nearly as economically important as Warri, so shouldn't be deal-breakers.

It is. I don't really understand the division among the leaders, but I bet that if it was put to a vote today, deciding by a referendum among the actual people would easily favor the creation of Anioma state with or without any guarantees of power for this or that Igbo sub-group.
Probably true.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by PhysicsMHD(m): 9:49pm On Apr 14, 2011
ekt_bear:

So yeah, you'd need an accurate census, documentation of who owned what historically, etc. But once you have that, shouldn't be hard to partition the city.

That's easier said than done. Based on the kind of claiming that was going on after the Warri crisis, I doubt that it wouldn't be hard to partition the city.

See here for example:

http://www.waado.org/Warri/Obiomah.html

There are many more articles full of claims and counter claims about Warri.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by EzeUche(m): 10:07pm On Apr 14, 2011
Give us Anioma state with Asaba its capital. The Ndigbo do not interfere in the fractious fighting that is involved in Delta state, because our borders are clearly outlined. I am so happy Warri does not exist near our territory to be honest.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by ektbear: 10:27pm On Apr 14, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

That's easier said than done. Based on the kind of claiming that was going on after the Warri crisis, I doubt that it wouldn't be hard to partition the city.

See here for example:

http://www.waado.org/Warri/Obiomah.html

There are many more articles full of claims and counter claims about Warri.

That looks like a mess. Smh. Yeah I dunno. . . almost on an Israeli level of messiness
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by ektbear: 10:39pm On Apr 14, 2011
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by komekn(m): 10:43pm On Apr 14, 2011
Beaf,

Just one concern it sems you have omitted the eastern uhrobo = Isoko can you explain? Otherwise in principle i can agree even if the modalities are very complicated.

Black gold is never given up without a bloody fight.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by Beaf: 10:55pm On Apr 14, 2011
ekt_bear:

1) When have I claimed to be from Lagos State? Or claimed the state in any way?
2 Beaf, if you have an attractive wife, sister, or female relative, we can have her measure the length, width, and girth of my d1ck. Don't worry, we'll spend several days making sure she gets it exactly correct. After we finish, she can then report back her findings to you and satisfy your effeminate curiosity.
3) I grew up in a first world country. You grew up drawing water and eating fish from an oil-polluted creek. Who is more likely to be malnourished and emaciated, resembling a skeleton, between the two of us? Likely your poor feeding as a child is why you display so much stupidity. . . drinking kerosene is not good for a child's development  grin

Poor wretched thing from the bush! King of shyte with big dreams. You wanna come from Delta now. LOL!
After passing through your state, I don't blame you for claiming Lagos and wishing you could come from elsewhere. It can't be easy on the psyche to hail from the back of beyond, from between rocks!

Its a place where goats are kings, the best houses are made of mud and the scenery is like a shrine for human scarifice. Dude, your state is one of the most wretched, poverty stricken and cursed places in Nigeria. Why you think you can badmouth others is a mystery.

Damn! What can you boast of aside from hunters and PhD's that live in the bush? grin
Its sad, but you have to pick up your cutlass, clear through the forest of shyte and develop your own state. But you slavishly claim Lagos. . . a true sign of unadulterated inferiority and bewildering d1cklessness.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by Beaf: 11:00pm On Apr 14, 2011
komekn:

Beaf,

Just one concern it sems you have omitted the eastern uhrobo = Isoko can you explain? Otherwise in principle i can agree even if the modalities are very complicated.

Black gold is never given up without a bloody fight.

How can I forget my homeland? I created the article at the time so many sections were clamouring for states (December, 2009), whereas there is no current state that is self sufficient; its all about sharing money that comes out of the enslavement of minorities.
I really am not interested in an Urhobo state, this article was more like a call for true federalism.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by ektbear: 11:05pm On Apr 14, 2011
More evidence of kerosene guzzling as a youth. You can keep lying and add Delta, Zimbabwe, and Kenya as places I claim that I am from. I'm proud of Ekiti State. That it is poor doesn't mean it is inferior. It certainly doesn't mean I am inferior. . . I'm likely a better man than you in every way.

Anyway, keep insulting my state. Insults are irrelevant, so long as you continue to pay tribute until all the resources are drained from your land.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by jason123: 11:07pm On Apr 14, 2011
Dapo and Beaf, you guys are funny. . . . grin grin grin
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by ektbear: 11:15pm On Apr 14, 2011
Heh. The insults have only hardened my heart.

Imagine, a man whose townsmen were hunted like animals and enslaved, a man whose only claim to fame is that he was born on a patch of land some dinosaurs died on millions of years ago thinks he is something. Smh.

May those who plunder and pollute your lands continue to do so. As they carted you away in ships to be sold as slaves, may they continue to ravage your land.

A fool that stumbles into luck and thinks that he made it himself. Smh.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by PhysicsMHD(m): 11:16pm On Apr 14, 2011
Beaf, could you explain why Ejoor, Obiomah, and various other Urhobos keep up with this claim that the Olu of Warri, an Itsekiri king, was originally titled Olu of Itsekiri? I took it at face value originally, but after further reading, it's clear that the claim is patently false. So why do they persist with that claim? What's their basis? I just want to know as an outsider. Is it just political propaganda?
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by Beaf: 11:16pm On Apr 14, 2011
ekt_bear:

More evidence of kerosene guzzling as a youth. You can keep lying and add Delta, Zimbabwe, and Kenya as places I claim that I am from. I'm proud of Ekiti State. That it is poor doesn't mean it is inferior. It certainly doesn't mean I am inferior. . . I'm likely a better man than you in every way.

Anyway, keep insulting my state. Insults are irrelevant, so long as you continue to pay tribute until all the resources are drained from your land.

You should be at home farming to help your state, getting goats off the road and getting houses out of the tree's. You never know what hardwork can bring, instead of hailing yourself as a counterfeit Lagosian. lol!
At least you can speak English, so you should be able to help a lot of hunters change their life style. The 21st century is not the time for grown men to waste their lives in hot pursuit of antelopes, barefoot, in the forest and over rocks. Some of those trap setters could turn out good, instead of losing all their teeth at 36 from hard life. . . Can you imagine a babe without teeth? lol!!!!

Pesin go wound o! grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Deputy Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached / My Best Not Good Enough Yet – President Buhari Admits / Border Closure : No Going Back Says Immigration Comptroller General.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.