Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,970 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State (11230 Views)

On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View / I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark / Movement For The Creation Of FESTAC STATE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by ektbear: 11:19pm On Apr 14, 2011

Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by ektbear: 11:20pm On Apr 14, 2011
I used to feel bad when I saw pictures like that. Now I shall look at them, think of Beaf, and smile. Who said all men are equal? Some deserve to be oppressed, subjugated, and enslaved.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by Beaf: 11:21pm On Apr 14, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

Beaf, could you explain why Ejoor, Obiomah, and various other Urhobos keep up with this claim that the Olu of Warri, an Itsekiri king, was originally titled Olu of Itsekiri? I took it at face value originally, but after further reading, it's clear that the claim is patently false. So why do they persist with that claim? What's their basis? I just want to know as an outsider. Is it just political propaganda?

Really, can you tell me where on Earth a king rules from purchased land? lol
Find out what Ode-Itsekiri is and where it is. Further, research its history. It is also easy to find out where the villages in Warri are; Obiomah for example, is an Agbassa man whose village is bang in the middle of Warri, so you can understand his perspective.

Anyways, I'm not in the least interested in devisive issues, except in discussion with my fellow Deltans.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by jason123: 11:23pm On Apr 14, 2011
I am disappointed in you Dapo. That was low . . . .
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by PhysicsMHD(m): 11:23pm On Apr 14, 2011
ekt_bear:

Heh. The insults have only hardened my heart.

Imagine, a man whose townsmen were hunted like animals and enslaved, a man whose only claim to fame is that he was born on a patch of land some dinosaurs died on millions of years ago thinks he is something. Smh.

May those who plunder and pollute your lands continue to do so. As they carted you away in ships to be sold as slaves, may they continue to ravage your land.

A fool that stumbles into luck and thinks that he made it himself. Smh.

Not to spoil a good fight, but this is really hitting below the belt in my opinion. He couldn't find anything to attack your state with other than it being more rural than his, or having less oil derived wealth than his, so you should hit back with something less objectionable than this.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by ektbear: 11:31pm On Apr 14, 2011
Sorry if you two were offended, I respect both of you.

I probably went too far.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by AljUche: 11:34pm On Apr 14, 2011
ekt_bear:

I probably went too far.

no u didn't

beaf is very annoying i can even piss on his grave right now grin grin wink
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by Beaf: 11:34pm On Apr 14, 2011
ekt_bear:

I used to feel bad when I saw pictures like that. Now I shall look at them, think of Beaf, and smile. Who said all men are equal? Some deserve to be oppressed, subjugated, and enslaved.

Thats the real you coming out, the primeval beast we know.
When did you ever feel bad? You have only displayed your primitive self for all for all to see; its the the reason, I don't wish you anywhere near any discussion of my state. Its not just in your words here or the pictures, its in your wicked posts all over NL.

You have always been one of those cold evil people that see the ND as a bread basket, because your state looks like an evil forest and you are an unintelligent clueless parasite that has no ideas about how to develop outside of brigandage and robbery.

Even with scenes like those in the pix, my state is a million times better than yours where animals greet you every morning. Its like living in a hole. grin
Dude, go home, throw coconuts, tame some daring goats and kwashiokored monkeys; your state needs you.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by PhysicsMHD(m): 11:35pm On Apr 14, 2011
Beaf:

Really, can you tell me where on Earth a king rules from purchased land? lol
Find out what Ode-Itsekiri is and where it is. Further, research its history. It is also easy to find out where the villages in Warri are; Obiomah for example, is an Agbassa man whose village is bang in the middle of Warri, so you can understand his perspective.

Anyways, I'm not in the least interested in devisive issues, except in discussion with my fellow Deltans.

Purchased land? Purchased from who?

I guess the issue here is the name of the (larger) city, not the king. The king's title is indeed Olu of Warri and always has been, contrary to Obiomah and Ejoor's statements. I guess the confusion arises because the rest of the settlements around the smaller city that is the center of the historical kingdom of Warri just took the name of the kingdom that was the power in the area, instead of taking a different name for the large parts of (modern) Warri that were not tied to that kingdom.

[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQ7EA4ona2qGaebL8cKcacCfbIFsbuDYjivHCn_EHkyN4KIuyQLw&t=1[/img]

"Regnum Awerri" (Kingdom of Warri), 1743.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by ektbear: 11:38pm On Apr 14, 2011
Heh. And he is already making me regret stepping back a bit grin

I'll restrain myself, though.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by jason123: 11:39pm On Apr 14, 2011
ekt_bear:

I probably went too far.

cool

Beaf:

Thats the real you coming out, the primeval beast we know.
When did you ever feel bad? You have only displayed your primitive self for all for all to see; its the the reason, I don't wish you anywhere near any discussion of my state. Its not just in your words here or the pictures, its in your wicked posts all over NL.

You have always been one of those cold evil people that see the ND as a bread basket, because your state looks like an evil forest and you are an unintelligent clueless parasite that has no ideas about how to develop outside of brigandage and robbery.

Even with scenes like those in the pix, my state is a million times better than yours where animals greet you every morning. Its like living in a hole. grin
Dude, go home, throw coconuts, tame some daring goats and kwashiokored monkeys; your state needs you.
Its okay. He did not mean it.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by jason123: 11:40pm On Apr 14, 2011
ekt_bear:

LOL. That is Beaf for you ooooo. grin grin
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by PhysicsMHD(m): 11:42pm On Apr 14, 2011
ekt_bear:

I probably went too far.

Thanks. No need to apologize to me, though, I've probably said more offensive things on here anyway. I just didn't want to see this discussion get too ugly, seeing as how you came in here genuinely wanting to know about Delta state and how it could be split to solve all the ethnic issues.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by ektbear: 11:43pm On Apr 14, 2011
I prefer to keep these types of things on an individual level rather than state/ethnic one. It would be like a poor homeless man in the USA talking sh1t to some rich businessman from naija. Imagine that homeless dude saying, "My country is richer than yours, blahblah." Naija businessman will then ask, "Who born you?"

Honestly, I should have just ignored him rather than descending into filth. But I strongly, strongly dislike this dude for his shameless dishonesty coupled with arrogant stupidity. If I ever met him in real life, I'm sure he and I would fight real quick. . .
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by Beaf: 11:44pm On Apr 14, 2011
ekt_bear:

Don't hold back. Let NL see your moral decay and evil mind. A true tree hopper!
Dude, don't hold back, cos I'm ready to crack you to bits.

People, behold the glorified baboon and counterfeit Lagosian, a true creature of the forest! grin grin grin grin

Laf go wound me o!
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by ektbear: 11:48pm On Apr 14, 2011
Anyway, back to Delta. I guess we were last at this question:

PhysicsMHD:

Beaf, could you explain why Ejoor, Obiomah, and various other Urhobos keep up with this claim that the Olu of Warri, an Itsekiri king, was originally titled Olu of Itsekiri? I took it at face value originally, but after further reading, it's clear that the claim is patently false. So why do they persist with that claim? What's their basis? I just want to know as an outsider. Is it just political propaganda?
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by Beaf: 11:56pm On Apr 14, 2011
ekt_bear:

I prefer to keep these types of things on an individual level rather than state/ethnic one. It would be like a poor homeless man in the USA talking sh1t to some rich businessman from naija. Imagine that homeless dude saying, "My country is richer than yours, blahblah." Naija businessman will then ask, "Who born you?"

Honestly, I should have just ignored him rather than descending into filth. But I strongly, strongly dislike this dude for his shameless dishonesty coupled with arrogant stupidity. If I ever met him in real life, I'm sure he and [size=14pt]I would fight real quick. . .[/size]

Definite sign of a bushman.  cool
Many of us are too civilised to fight. I'm sure you even go around biting kids, its the effect of living in trees. Have you been to the vet? I'm sure they can give you horse tranquilisers, cos nothing short will do for a partially evolved ape.

My state is better than yours, by a country mile. But here you are like a fool discussing how to split mine when the shrine like hole you come from is made up of vast stretches of forbiden forest and bad animals roming free.

. . .Counterfeit Lagosian wants to fight a civilised being. lol! You display all the signs of a primitive gravel eater, dude you should be in the zoo.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by ektbear: 12:16am On Apr 15, 2011
^-- Is this what you told the other little kids in your village school when they were beating the sh1t out of you? "I'm too civilized to fight"?

Your mother must have been really proud, knowing she raised an effeminate, preening sissy of a child.

Regarding "Partially-evolved". . . heh, it always used to crack me up when you had that AfroScienceCommunity signature. No wonder education in naija is bad, with half-educated pseudo-scientists and crackpots claiming to be authorities.

Oh well, I'm sure your folks did they best they could with the resources available to them. Not their fault they had a mentally deficient son. You can lead a (moronic) horse to water, but you cannot make it drink. . .
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by AljUche: 12:18am On Apr 15, 2011
ekt_bear:

^-- Is this what you told the other little kids in your village school when they were beating the sh1t out of you? "I'm too civilized to fight"?

Your mother must have been really proud, knowing she raised an effeminate, preening sissy of a child.

Regarding "Partially-evolved". . . heh, it always used to crack me up when you had that AfroScienceCommunity signature. No wonder education in naija is bad, with half-educated pseudo-scientists and crackpots claiming to be authorities.

Oh well, I'm sure your folks did they best they could with the resources available to them. Not their fault they had a mentally deficient son. You can lead a (moronic) horse to water, but you cannot make it drink. . .

dapo stop it

he is not intelligent at all but the more you post with him the more you put urself in his class
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by Beaf: 12:21am On Apr 15, 2011
ekt_bear:

Lol! Counterfeit Lagosian, making claims from the deepest bush.
How many trees do you jump to get home? Yet you wanna claim Lagos and open your smelly mouth to discuss the splitting of a civilised, rich and developed state for your ethnically bigoted reasons.

Please, as a matter of research; what does it feel like to come from a place that looks like a zoo and smells of your poo? grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by ektbear: 12:22am On Apr 15, 2011
Alj Uche:

dapo stop it

he is not intelligent at all but the more you post with him the more you put urself in his class

Truth. You are correct on both points. I definitely want to avoid the latter.

@Beaf: You are welcome to have the last word. I don't want to derail this thread any further; I shall return to discussing Warri.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by Kilode1: 12:23am On Apr 15, 2011
I really do not see anything wrong with an Urhobo "State" (State: as in political administrative block) distinct in its character, local laws and administrative responsibilities. I think we allow the idea of a State to scare us too much because we share Oil money monthly + of course the impact of colonial rule and the way Nigeria was created.

If Delta state communities can sort their issue out and create 100 counties out of that state, it will work as much as having 3 regions, the UK has almost 50 counties, which work like states in the Nigerian sense. I understand a lot of them were created out of the geographical boundaries of Old Kingdoms, some dating to pre-Norman rule. UK's Sussex county for example must have been split once or twice before into west and east, Cities get re-organized everytime in the US, We can do the same. why not?

Cities in the USA operate like Nigerian states, with Mayors and Councils in charge of everything from utilities to codes to independent School boards, there are thousands of them.

We have 774+ Local government in this country each with administrative heads and fake Lawmakers with no duties more that sharing money from Abuja. nonsense! same with our so called 36 states.

Why can't we have 250 Admin counties based on our languages, cultural affinity and shared history? what is the difference between 250 and 774+ or even 1000 or 10,000. Why stop at 36 or 774?

because we have shortsighted and corrupt leaders, who are themselves victims of a society bastardized by self hate and a legacy of subjugation and oppression from outsiders, both Home and foreign.

I tell y'all, we need a collective psychotherapy session.

Until we allow our people the right to self determination and enshrine egalitarian principles, we will never have peace in Nigeria. Urhobo homestate is in order, Europeans have it why shouldn't we?

Of course also because of free oil money + no true fiscal federalism. We will not get "it" until we get a revolution. lipsrsealed
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by ektbear: 12:32am On Apr 15, 2011
^--- Certainly some very good points you make.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by Beaf: 12:33am On Apr 15, 2011
ekt_bear:

Truth. You are correct on both points. I definitely want to avoid the latter.

@Beaf: You are welcome to have the last word. I don't want to derail this thread any further; I shall return to discussing Warri.

You are bloody daft. You don't want to derail the thread, yet you wish to discuss Warri? IQ = 4.
The thread is not about Warri, but those with fungal infections in their brains wouldn't realise it. You're better off fighting the rampant goats in your place, digging yams on your governors farm and sweating off the inferiority complex that makes you claim Lagos.

There are some researchers looking for semi-evolved monkey types. You should give them a bell, you never know, you might be rewarded with a banana.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by AljUche: 12:36am On Apr 15, 2011
Beaf:

You are bloody daft. You don't want to derail the thread, yet you wish to discuss Warri? IQ = 4.
The thread is not about Warri, but those with fungal infections in their brains wouldn't realise it. You're better off fighting the rampant goats in your place, digging yams on your governors farm and sweating off the inferiority complex that makes you claim Lagos.

There are some researchers looking for semi-evolved monkey types. You should give them a bell, you never know, you might be rewarded with a banana.

shut up
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by ektbear: 12:38am On Apr 15, 2011
Kilode?!:

Why can't we have 250 Admin counties based on our languages, cultural affinity and shared history? what is the difference between 250 and 774+ or even 1000 or 10,000. Why stop at 36 or 774?

Honestly, if LGs were not the weakest level of government, then I think a lot of problems would be solved. People wouldn't give a damn about which state they are in if LGs were not so impotent.

As you sort of imply, "true" federalism would center around LGs rather than even states.

Would anyone care about having say an Anioma state if most of the power in Delta State resided in the LGs, rather than the state? Probably not. Power isn't decentralized enough in this country.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by Beaf: 12:50am On Apr 15, 2011
ekt_bear:

Honestly, if LGs were not the weakest level of government, then I think a lot of problems would be solved. People wouldn't give a damn about which state they are in if LGs were not so impotent.

As you sort of imply, "true" federalism would center around LGs rather than even states.

Would anyone care about having say an Anioma state if most of the power in Delta State resided in the LGs, rather than the state? Probably not. Power isn't decentralized enough in this country.

Lol! If only you were half as intelligent as Kilode?! you would have made this post several pages back instead of posting according to your primitive ethnic bigotry. But you are a pathetic cavemen from a goat ridden clump of bushes, so no biggies. Its easy to see how having to subsist on raw cassava from a tender age can twist the mind.

. . .Counterfeit Lagosian! Na wa! grin
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by ektbear: 12:55am On Apr 15, 2011
Beaf, dude. . . we don't have cassava in the country I grew up in. Like, at least make up a story about me living in the projects and living on food stamps or something. . . it would be equally incorrect, but at least a better stereotype of where I grew up.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by jason123: 12:59am On Apr 15, 2011
@Beaf
Leave Dapo alone!!! Its okay.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by ektbear: 1:01am On Apr 15, 2011
^-- No, let him explain himself.

I think in his mind, he imagines that (like him) I grew up in an impoverished village somewhere. Parents struggling to makes ends meet, for example. But because his impoverished village was in Delta, he thinks he ate better than I did as a kid.

Problem is, the place where I grew up in wasn't even in naija. . .
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by Beaf: 1:02am On Apr 15, 2011
ekt_bear:

Beaf, dude. . . we don't have cassava in the country I grew up in. Like, at least make up a story about me living in the projects and living on food stamps or something. . . it would be equally incorrect, but at least a better stereotype of where I grew up.

First you lie that you're from Lagos, now you are suddenly ashamed to be Nigerian? shocked
Damn! Na wa for pretentious types with smelly arses! grin grin grin

We all know where you are from, and it looks like a godforsaken zoo in Nigeria's backyard; a place where cassava is a luxury. LOL!
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by Beaf: 1:06am On Apr 15, 2011
jason123:

@Beaf
Leave Dapo alone!!! Its okay.

I didn't start it, but I hear you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Soldiers Reopen Closed School In Borno (photo) / Police Arraign 29 Yoruba Nation Agitators In Ibadan / Ribadu Report: Sack, Prosecute Oil Minister — Labour, SNG, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.