Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State (11233 Views)

On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View / I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark / Movement For The Creation Of FESTAC STATE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by Kilode1: 1:06am On Apr 15, 2011
ekt_bear:

Honestly, if LGs were not the weakest level of government, then I think a lot of problems would be solved. People wouldn't give a damn about which state they are in if LGs were not so impotent.

As you sort of imply, "true" federalism would center around LGs rather than even states.

Would anyone care about having say an Anioma state if most of the power in Delta State resided in the LGs, rather than the state? Probably not. Power isn't decentralized enough in this country.

Definitely true, personally, I will prefer no regions or even the current 6 regions with zero states, or keep the state if you want, but allow local admin. governments, cities, counties, villas, whatever you want to call it. As long as we have power decentralized to the smaller units nearer to the individual communities.

If they want to merge or split up further, then let them. As long as they can survive on whatever they produce, and whatever businesses they can attract. If they can't, no one will need to tell them to find some place to merge with.

Keep the Central Naija identity through defence, cental currency policies and Federal Universal Laws, but protect the local ones too as long as they do not violate the agreed-to laws. It is possible.

These by the way, are the same points a lot of sensible Nigerians had been making for decades now. We will all be alive to see what the next dispensation will bring.

Insha Allahu, Lagbara Eledua.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by ektbear: 1:13am On Apr 15, 2011
Beaf:

First you lie that you're from Lagos, now you are suddenly ashamed to be Nigerian? shocked

Damn! Na wa for pretentious types with smelly arses! grin grin grin

We all know where you are from, and it looks like a godforsaken zoo in Nigeria's backyard; a place where cassava is a luxury. LOL!
Beaf, there is nothing "Nigerian" about feeding kids cassava. It is a sign of deep poverty. It is quite unfortunate that this is all your family could afford to feed you. I was fortunate enough to grow up in a place where even the poorest of children get better food than that. I would suggest that you try to find more nourishing food for your own children, lest they end up as brain-damaged and sickly as you.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by ektbear: 1:16am On Apr 15, 2011
@Kilode?!: What steps concretely? Is a simple change of the revenue formula enough? Or are deeper constitutional changes needed?
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by Beaf: 1:21am On Apr 15, 2011
ekt_bear:

Beaf, there is nothing "Nigerian" about feeding kids cassava. It is a sign of deep poverty. It is quite unfortunate that this is all your family could afford to feed you. I was fortunate enough to grow up in a place where even the poorest of children get better food than that. I would suggest that you try to find more nourishing food for your own children, lest they end up as brain-damaged and sickly as you.

Exactly! But travelling through your place, all one see's are rocks, cassava farms and brave goats that sleep in the middle of the road in the afternoon. It looks like a zoo.
I am happy to see you engaging in a discussion about Delta state, which is infinitely more developed than yours; it should give you something to aspire to, instead of developing the primitive rock hopping skills essential for life in the wilderness.

Keep making claims, bro. Its the way of the confidence and morality impoverished; first you were a counterfeit Lagosian, but now that your arse has been broken, you're beginning to claim you aren't even Nigerian.

Dude, is all this due to an inferior complex? shocked
Nothing you do or say can change where you are from, or the sad part raw cassava has played in your life. grin grin grin
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by Nobody: 1:23am On Apr 15, 2011
you dont "eat" cassava for goodness sake. It has to be processed before being consumed.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by fstranger3(m): 1:25am On Apr 15, 2011
Beaf:

Exactly! But travelling through your place, all one see's are rocks, cassava farms and brave goats that sleep in the middle of the road in the afternoon. It looks like a zoo.
I am happy to see you engaging in a discussion about Delta state, which is infinitely more developed than yours; it should give you something to aspire to, instead of developing the primitive rock hopping skills essential for life in the wilderness.

Keep making claims, bro. Its the way of the confidence and morality impoverished; first you were a counterfeit Lagosian, but now that your arse has been broken, you're beginning to claim you aren't even Nigerian.

Nothing you do or say can change where you are from, or the sad part raw cassava has played in your life. grin grin grin
^^^

He has never claimed to be a Lagosian. Why do you keep repeating the same thing like some Aba made broken record. Beaf, did you not go to Olashore?
Why dont you behave like someone who had the best education stolen Naija oil money could buy.

Stop acting like a kid. Grow up man.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by ektbear: 1:25am On Apr 15, 2011
Beaf:

1) Are all Nigerians in Nigeria?
2) Did all Nigerians grow up in Nigeria?
3) Are all Nigerians as feckless and simpleminded as your parents that they'd continue to feed their children food not fit for animals, have their infants drink oil-polluted water,  making them weak, sickly and stunted?
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by fstranger3(m): 1:26am On Apr 15, 2011
tpiah!:

you dont "eat" cassava for goodness sake. It has to be processed before being consumed.

You just have to  put your dirty mouth, init?

Yes, people eat cassava raw

Ode lasan lasan!
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by Beaf: 1:26am On Apr 15, 2011
tpiah!:

You are right as far as most are concerned, but not for ekt_bears village, a place where life is lived under rocks and goats surprisingly challenge human beings.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by Nobody: 1:28am On Apr 15, 2011
fstranger3:

i just have to put my ancestor's dirty mouth, init?

Yes, people eat cassava raw

Ode lasan lasan!

eat it raw, f.ool, and see if you dont end up in a casket.

arindin oshi.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by Beaf: 1:29am On Apr 15, 2011
ekt_bear:

1) Are all Nigerians in Nigeria?
2) Did all Nigerians grow up in Nigeria?
3) Are all Nigerians as feckless and simpleminded as your parents that they'd continue to feed their children food not fit for animals, have their infants drink oil-polluted water, making them weak, sickly and stunted?

Lol! The counterfeit Lagosian is angggggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyy!!!!
Someone please call the vet! Its the rage of the unevolved!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by olaolabiy: 1:29am On Apr 15, 2011
ekt_bear:

3) Are all Nigerians as feckless and simpleminded as your parents that they'd continue to feed their children food not fit for animals, have their infants drink oil-polluted water,  making them weak, sickly and stunted?

This is so unlike Ekiti bear. Beaf, you've annoyed him.

A well-mannered guy.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by ektbear: 1:35am On Apr 15, 2011
ola olabiy:

This is so unlike Ekiti bear. Beaf, you've annoyed him.

A well-mannered guy.

Bleh. Another saying I should have remembered, "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

Enough, I am hopefully done here. I don't want to be viewed on the same level as this guy
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by olaolabiy: 1:38am On Apr 15, 2011
ekt_bear:

Bleh. Another saying I should have remembered, "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

Enough, I am hopefully done here. I don't want to be viewed on the same level as this guy

God bless you.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by Beaf: 1:41am On Apr 15, 2011
ekt_bear:

Lol! Go and pluck coconuts for your governor and clear goats from your streets. You've abused my parents and family over and over like the primitive bushman you are. I guess its something that comes naturally when you jump rocks, live in the forest and rub shoulders with wild animals in your place thats like a zoo.

I'm sure one can make loads of money from people paying to watch the cassava chumping, rock hopping spectacle thats your village. grin grin grin
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by ektbear: 1:44am On Apr 15, 2011
^-- You are welcome to the last word. Going to take all of my will-power, but I'll try my best to simply ignore you lest I say something else I'll regret.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by ektbear: 1:49am On Apr 15, 2011
Kilode, I await your response. . .
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by Beaf: 1:51am On Apr 15, 2011
ekt_bear:

^-- You are welcome to the last word. Going to take all of my will-power, but I'll try my best to simply ignore you lest I say something else I'll regret.

The Worlds worst dunce would regret almost everything you've said on this thread. It just shows where your cassava munching morals are.
Perhaps, you have received some degree of warning of what your mindless ethnic bigotry can bring. A lot of blood has been spilt in Warri, but for you its like discussing bags of garri.

Dude, you are damn primitive and posessed of a callous mind. Are you posting from jail by any chance?
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by Chubhie: 2:01am On Apr 15, 2011
@Beaf and ekt_bear both of you needs to grow up and quite acting like kids! Imagin fighting over state of origin? When guys like you both are building empires! Haba!
This is a small world. Men are watching. I expect you guys to please end this and shake hands over this please. Let the bigger man make the first move. One love brothers. We are all part of a single system.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by ektbear: 2:06am On Apr 15, 2011
Beaf:

The Worlds worst dunce would regret almost everything you've said on this thread. It just shows where your cassava munching morals are.
Perhaps, you have received some degree of warning of what your mindless ethnic bigotry can bring. A lot of blood has been spilt in Warri, but for you its like discussing bags of garri.

Dude, you are damn primitive and posessed of a callous mind. Are you posting from jail by any chance?
1) You are not one to lecture anyone on morals. Your beloved Ibori stole 3 billion+ from your state. . . you made it out to be nothing.
2) Beaf, again, were you dropped on your head as a child? Cassava isn't widely grown in North America, the continent I grew up on. Do you also ridicule people who grew up in Russia or Norway with cassava jokes   It only makes you look like a m0ron. If stereotypes-from-the-wrong-continent-and-country are in vogue, maybe I should ridicule you for spending too much time buying liquor from the Korean corner store in your neighborhood. Or for being a member of a Latino street gang?  grin
3) High speed internet access in jail? Also, since when did disliking and ridiculing an slowpoke like yourself become punishable by a jail term?
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by Kilode1: 2:06am On Apr 15, 2011
ekt_bear:

Kilode, I await your response. . .

I just got back here. I will attempt a reply shortly.

Check this out and do something if you can --> https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-367789.192.html

Edited
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by Beaf: 2:13am On Apr 15, 2011
ekt_bear:

1) You are not one to lecture anyone on morals. Your beloved Ibori stole 3 billion+ from your state. . . you made it out to be nothing.
2) Beaf, again, were you dropped on your head as a child? Cassava isn't widely grown in North America, the continent I grew up on. Do you also ridicule people who grew up in Russia or Norway with cassava jokes  It only makes you look like a m0ron. If stereotypes-from-the-wrong-continent-and-country are in vogue, maybe I should ridicule you for spending too much time buying liquor from the Korean corner store in your neighborhood. Or for being a member of a Latino street gang?  grin
3) High speed internet access in jail? Also, since when did disliking and ridiculing an slowpoke like yourself become punishable by a jail term?

If there was 3billion in your state, goats would have eaten it; its that primitive.
Hmm! It was counterfeit claims to Lagos first, now its North America! LOL!
How can anyone be so ashamed of their origin? Wetin pesin no go hear? I blame cassava! grin grin grin grin
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by ektbear: 2:24am On Apr 15, 2011
Beaf:

If there was 3billion in your state, goats would have eaten it; its that primitive.
Hmm! It was counterfeit claims to Lagos first, now its North America! LOL!
How can anyone be so ashamed of their origin? Wetin pesin no go hear? I blame cassava! grin grin grin grin
1) Ultimately, it would be more nourishing for the goats to eat the $3 billion+ than a goat in human form in your boy Ibori to eat the money and carry it to Dubai. At least the fertilizer produced from the cash would help agriculture  grin
2) Do you not understand the concept of a person growing up a place (or heck, continent) other than their self-identified state of origin?
3) You do realize that cassava doesn't grow in North America, right?
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by Beaf: 2:29am On Apr 15, 2011
ekt_bear:

1) Ultimately, it would be more nourishing for the goats to eat the $3 billion+ than a goat in human form in your boy Ibori to eat the money and carry it to Dubai. At least the fertilizer produced from the cash would help agriculture  grin
2) Do you not understand the concept of a person growing up a place (or heck, continent) other than their self-identified state of origin?
3) You do realize that cassava doesn't grow in North America, right?

Stop straining to distance yourself from your origins, you're overtasking your cassava addled mind. Lets not forget that it evolved for the specific tasks of goat catching and running through the bush at high speed. grin
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by AljUche: 2:36am On Apr 15, 2011
Beaf:

Stop straining to distance yourself from your origins, you're overtasking your cassava addled mind. Lets not forget that it evolved for the specific tasks of goat catching and running through the bush at high speed. grin

can't u shut up
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by fstranger3(m): 2:38am On Apr 15, 2011
^^^

The ediot Beaf is annoying as hell

I wish i could meet him in real life and beat the shyyt out of that real-life-coward turn internet-gangster

What a poooosie!
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by ektbear: 2:40am On Apr 15, 2011
Beaf:

LWKMD grin grin grin grin grin

You grew up in a country where cassava is produced in large amounts, I grew up in a country where it is not even feasible for cassava to grow. . . and probably illegal to import it in its raw form. Yet I am the one who is "cassava addled."

Aggressive stupidity; that is the only way to characterize you. I'm glad that God made you the way you are though; you've provided me with hours of entertainment  grin grin grin
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by Beaf: 3:00am On Apr 15, 2011
^
You're lucky its time for the Shanhai F1 first practice. I would have beaten eggs out of your rusty bigoted arse.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by fstranger3(m): 3:02am On Apr 15, 2011
^^^

Internet Mafioso grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I fear ooooooo
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by ektbear: 3:07am On Apr 15, 2011
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by EzeUche(m): 3:25am On Apr 15, 2011
I see Beaf has been battling the Yoruba Mafia on this thread as well. One man taking them all.
Re: Request For The Creation Of An Urhobo State by jason123: 3:52am On Apr 15, 2011
EzeUche:

I see Beaf has been battling the Yoruba Mafia on this thread as well. One man taking them all.
Daft as usual. . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Phillip Effiong Jnr On Biafra...bbc / Senate Considers 32 Constitutional Amendments / FG Moves To Combat Money Laundering, Terrorists’ Financing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.