Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,673 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Nigerians Urge Ali To Wear Customs Uniform - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Urge Ali To Wear Customs Uniform (23653 Views)

Wearing Customs Uniform Will ‘belittle’ Ali’s Army Achievement - Retired General / List Of Senators That Mandated Customs Boss, Hammed Ali To Reappear In Uniform / Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Urge Ali To Wear Customs Uniform by bettercreature(m): 3:08pm On Mar 17, 2017
PqsMike:
Hmmm

I doubt if that man will wear custom uniform...
Can't wait to see him on uniform though.

Meanwhile

Few thousands of Naira can get you a design like this

Contact me:
That ugly design wont get you a job.Post another one
Re: Nigerians Urge Ali To Wear Customs Uniform by PqsMike: 3:10pm On Mar 17, 2017
bettercreature:
That ugly design wont get you a job.Post another one

Thanks for the comment sir
Re: Nigerians Urge Ali To Wear Customs Uniform by Nobody: 3:17pm On Mar 17, 2017
he represents an organization, collects salaries, but he is not proud of the uniform. He is an iddiot.
Re: Nigerians Urge Ali To Wear Customs Uniform by Qyubee(m): 3:27pm On Mar 17, 2017
Jolar101:

His job is includes wearing of uniform when being demand by employers (Nigerians and constitution)
The executive (president) is his employer, tho he can be summoned by the senate. The senate here is not the law, the can make n send to d president 4 ratification. I personally think trying to persuade tha man to put on the uniform goes beyond what they see right in the eyes of the law...it's vendetta!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Urge Ali To Wear Customs Uniform by jayben(m): 3:27pm On Mar 17, 2017
HAH:
Yes, he must wear the uniform or he resigns there is no law that said former military men should not were other uniforms apart from their ego

No wonder he only got retired as a colonel with this attitude, the only thing that is makin him be so stubborn is his closeness to PMB ca you imagine this man refuses , respect his supervising minister.

I colonel is equivalent of level 14 civil servant not even up to assistant directors but he is so pompous
mumu, do you have a colonel in your family? go pick up the form,train and become one. ode

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Urge Ali To Wear Customs Uniform by inforesource: 3:30pm On Mar 17, 2017
Re: Nigerians Urge Ali To Wear Customs Uniform by roeb1987(m): 3:45pm On Mar 17, 2017
Ali, if u don't want trouble wear ur uniform or face the concequencies. he who have ear...
Re: Nigerians Urge Ali To Wear Customs Uniform by Nobody: 3:47pm On Mar 17, 2017
Qyubee:

The executive (president) is his employer, tho he can be summoned by the senate. The senate here is not the law, the can make n send to d president 4 ratification. I personally think trying to persuade tha man to put on the uniform goes beyond what they see right in the eyes of the law...it's vendetta!
I demand him to appear before the senates with his uniform. He is being fed with my taxes.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Urge Ali To Wear Customs Uniform by uzuede4(f): 3:50pm On Mar 17, 2017
sarrki:
Which Nigerians?
I wanted to ask the same question.
Re: Nigerians Urge Ali To Wear Customs Uniform by Qyubee(m): 4:18pm On Mar 17, 2017
Jolar101:

I demand him to appear before the senates with his uniform. He is being fed with my taxes.
grin
Re: Nigerians Urge Ali To Wear Customs Uniform by bizzibodi(m): 4:40pm On Mar 17, 2017
d senate left d major & was expending energy on d minor,none of them is talking about d useless custom paper policy for old cars.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Urge Ali To Wear Customs Uniform by airex(m): 5:11pm On Mar 17, 2017
marysyviabrown:
so uniform is now Nigeria problem?
Its part of the problems cos it signifies disobedience to the laws of the land.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Urge Ali To Wear Customs Uniform by airex(m): 5:12pm On Mar 17, 2017
able20:

Only the reasonable Nigerians .
U just spoke my mind.
Re: Nigerians Urge Ali To Wear Customs Uniform by suremanpatriot: 5:27pm On Mar 17, 2017
...an so what is he wearin? Caftan na mallam uniform na?
so you wan arres the man for not wearin uniform? Whic section? Which law? His a human being with rights ooo,you can only remove him from chair grin grin
Re: Nigerians Urge Ali To Wear Customs Uniform by sherif4owo(m): 5:32pm On Mar 17, 2017
yeye senate... they dont even know where to exercise their strength... waste of effort

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Urge Ali To Wear Customs Uniform by Nobody: 5:34pm On Mar 17, 2017
maxiuc:
#Alimustwearuniform

Ali is now a man, Simbi self don become grandma. Wetin you want make Ali carry uniform dey do at his age? Abeg make una free Ali biko

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Urge Ali To Wear Customs Uniform by lereinter(m): 5:34pm On Mar 17, 2017
sleazy5:
He has to wear that uniform. His failure to wear the NCS uniform is an insult to Nigerians and an insult to NCS.

no its not an insult to me

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Urge Ali To Wear Customs Uniform by Codes151(m): 5:41pm On Mar 17, 2017
Only a fool would beg another fool to do what is right! Fool.
Re: Nigerians Urge Ali To Wear Customs Uniform by oyiboeru(m): 9:25pm On Mar 17, 2017
THE CUSTOM UNIFORM SAGA BY THE NIGERIAN SENATE. .

I wish to refer all those who have been commenting on the Custom Uniform debate to take time out to read Sections 1-4 of the Nigerian Customs Service Board Act which creates the Nigerian Customs Service Board and the constitution thereof as well as the Customs and Excise Management Act to appreciate the time wasting exercise of the Senate that has unfortunately distracted itself from the main substance of the issue which is the retroactive policy on payment of duties on vehicles and has concentrated on a time wasting , pedestrian and non issue of wearing uniforms by the CG.

I am still waiting for anyone including the Senate to refer us to any general policy guidelines made by the Nigerian Customs Service Board that prescribes that the CG must wear uniforms.

In fact by the provisions of Section 2 of the Act, anybody can be appointed as CG including a person seconded from any arm of the Civil Service . It doesn't have to be a career officer.

And do our Senators and all know that the duties of the Board under the Customs and Excise Act are in two parts?

Do they know what the Excise duties entail?

Do they know that border and port control and duties assessment and collection are only an integral part of the functions of the service?

Do they know that it also has inspectorate responsibilities over factories and industrial complexes?

Do they know it has powers over some elements of aviation with powers to even impound ships and aircrafts?

Do they know that it also must grant licences for the production of spirits and beers?

Do they know that No brewery or distillery can manufacture beer or spirits in Nigeria without licence from the Board of Customs?

Are they aware that It also has powers to make regulations regulating the manufacture of Tobacco .?

And above all, about half of its work force doesn't even wear uniforms especially those on Excise duties.

The CG is therefore not an enforcement officer alone, but also a regulator and licencing body.

He is not obliged by law to wear uniform.

Please let us support our assertions with the law setting up the Customs and Excise and its functions.

Which law prescribes that anybody in the Customs should wear uniforms. As Comptroller General, he is the Vice Chairman of the Board and Finance Minister is the Chairman. Would she also wear uniform?

He is not obliged to wear uniform because his schedule of duties does not require him to so do. Neither can he be compelled to do so.

The Senate is misdirected in this case. Instead of facing the real issue of the retroactive directive on duty payment for imported cars, they are here busy chasing inanities and leaving the substance.

They will come out bruised.

Dr Olu Agunloye was Corp Marshal of FRSC, he didn't wear uniform to work. Roli Bode George as DG of NDLEA and her Executive Chairman don't wear uniform to work. She adorned it only occasionally out of choice and not because she was compelled or obliged to so do and for ceremonials.

Lanre Ipinmisho was DG of NDLEA and didn't wear uniform.

Retired AIG Oyakhilome was DG of NDLEA and he never wear their uniform.

General Bamaiyi was Chairman of NDLEA, he didn't wear their uniform either. Neither did AIG Fulani Kwajafa.
The current DG too doesn't wear any uniform.
The pioneer Director of Customs, Mr Diyan and his predecessor didn't wear uniform too.
It was Dr Bello who was a Veterinary Surgeon before his appointment as DG who first wore the uniform . He was never in the Customs before his appointment.

They were all political appointees to the offices.

So why the hullabaloo about a non issue as pedestrian by the Senate.

The Senate promulgated the laws under which he operates, why is it so difficult for them to invoke their own law setting up the Customs to deal with the issue rather than all the playing to the gallery as we have so far seen.

I have not heard any of the throats bursting senators make any reference to any law or guidelines that the DG of Customs has flouted by his refusal to wear uniform

I believe that is not too much for them to refer themselves and the citizens to the relevant laws or regulations. They should invoke the law rather than distracting the Customs from doing its work.
Enough of the comedy.
Re: Nigerians Urge Ali To Wear Customs Uniform by ShineGrace(m): 10:44pm On Mar 17, 2017
Hameed Ali. He should be relieved of his appointment instead of pampering him. Hameed Ali you are a bunch disgrace
Re: Nigerians Urge Ali To Wear Customs Uniform by martooski(m): 5:53am On Mar 18, 2017
sarrki:
Which Nigerians?

It seems sentiment has taken over u completely....

I shall put u in my prayers.... Even though I know that someone is paying you for all ur comments...
Re: Nigerians Urge Ali To Wear Customs Uniform by gemale(m): 9:30pm On Mar 18, 2017
xkid1:

Nigerians urge Ali to wear Customs uniform-Vanguard news

Just when I think some Nigerians can descend no lower on the rung of stupidity' ladder, they surprise me. It's like a lot of us suffer from acute ADHD. We are so easily distracted from the topic at hand and often resort to chasing shadows & leaving the main issue. Our incompetent Senate, sensing this are now using it to engage in battle of egos or just blatantly throwing the fact that the welfare of the average Nigerian ranks rock bottom on their to do list in our faces. How would the man wearing his uniform or not affect the outcome of the reason he was summoned by the Senate? Whether he appears in Agbada, suit, babariga, George wrapper or kente cloth is immaterial. The main thing is for him to appear & answer those questions they want to ask him. Are these supposed to be the things they should be dragging? Is that why we pay them those exorbitant, jumbo salaries & allowances? This is what happens when you have underworked & overpaid individuals in the corridors of power. They look for the most trivial issues & make a big deal of it. Doesn't this situation bear resemblance to the story of Nero fiddling whilst Rome burnt in flames?
http://saharareporters.com/2017/03/16/our-senators-must-wear-uniforms-%E2%80%93-abimbola-lagunju
Re: Nigerians Urge Ali To Wear Customs Uniform by gemale(m): 9:38pm On Mar 18, 2017
oyiboeru:
THE CUSTOM UNIFORM SAGA BY THE NIGERIAN SENATE. .

I wish to refer all those who have been commenting on the Custom Uniform debate to take time out to read Sections 1-4 of the Nigerian Customs Service Board Act which creates the Nigerian Customs Service Board and the constitution thereof as well as the Customs and Excise Management Act to appreciate the time wasting exercise of the Senate that has unfortunately distracted itself from the main substance of the issue which is the retroactive policy on payment of duties on vehicles and has concentrated on a time wasting , pedestrian and non issue of wearing uniforms by the CG.

I am still waiting for anyone including the Senate to refer us to any general policy guidelines made by the Nigerian Customs Service Board that prescribes that the CG must wear uniforms.

In fact by the provisions of Section 2 of the Act, anybody can be appointed as CG including a person seconded from any arm of the Civil Service . It doesn't have to be a career officer.

And do our Senators and all know that the duties of the Board under the Customs and Excise Act are in two parts?

Do they know what the Excise duties entail?

Do they know that border and port control and duties assessment and collection are only an integral part of the functions of the service?

Do they know that it also has inspectorate responsibilities over factories and industrial complexes?

Do they know it has powers over some elements of aviation with powers to even impound ships and aircrafts?

Do they know that it also must grant licences for the production of spirits and beers?

Do they know that No brewery or distillery can manufacture beer or spirits in Nigeria without licence from the Board of Customs?

Are they aware that It also has powers to make regulations regulating the manufacture of Tobacco .?

And above all, about half of its work force doesn't even wear uniforms especially those on Excise duties.

The CG is therefore not an enforcement officer alone, but also a regulator and licencing body.

He is not obliged by law to wear uniform.

Please let us support our assertions with the law setting up the Customs and Excise and its functions.

Which law prescribes that anybody in the Customs should wear uniforms. As Comptroller General, he is the Vice Chairman of the Board and Finance Minister is the Chairman. Would she also wear uniform?

He is not obliged to wear uniform because his schedule of duties does not require him to so do. Neither can he be compelled to do so.

The Senate is misdirected in this case. Instead of facing the real issue of the retroactive directive on duty payment for imported cars, they are here busy chasing inanities and leaving the substance.

They will come out bruised.

Dr Olu Agunloye was Corp Marshal of FRSC, he didn't wear uniform to work. Roli Bode George as DG of NDLEA and her Executive Chairman don't wear uniform to work. She adorned it only occasionally out of choice and not because she was compelled or obliged to so do and for ceremonials.

Lanre Ipinmisho was DG of NDLEA and didn't wear uniform.

Retired AIG Oyakhilome was DG of NDLEA and he never wear their uniform.

General Bamaiyi was Chairman of NDLEA, he didn't wear their uniform either. Neither did AIG Fulani Kwajafa.
The current DG too doesn't wear any uniform.
The pioneer Director of Customs, Mr Diyan and his predecessor didn't wear uniform too.
It was Dr Bello who was a Veterinary Surgeon before his appointment as DG who first wore the uniform . He was never in the Customs before his appointment.

They were all political appointees to the offices.

So why the hullabaloo about a non issue as pedestrian by the Senate.

The Senate promulgated the laws under which he operates, why is it so difficult for them to invoke their own law setting up the Customs to deal with the issue rather than all the playing to the gallery as we have so far seen.

I have not heard any of the throats bursting senators make any reference to any law or guidelines that the DG of Customs has flouted by his refusal to wear uniform

I believe that is not too much for them to refer themselves and the citizens to the relevant laws or regulations. They should invoke the law rather than distracting the Customs from doing its work.
Enough of the comedy.
My brother, I salute your wisdom & non sentimental stance on this issue. I wish those ignorant Nigerians defending this distraction would borrow a leaf from your page & get informed instead of allowing themselves to be played as fools by those vagabonds in power.
Re: Nigerians Urge Ali To Wear Customs Uniform by akinszz: 6:54am On Mar 19, 2017
HAH:
Yes, he must wear the uniform or he resigns there is no law that said former military men should not were other uniforms apart from their ego

No wonder he only got retired as a colonel with this attitude, the only thing that is makin him be so stubborn is his closeness to PMB ca you imagine this man refuses , respect his supervising minister.

I colonel is equivalent of level 14 civil servant not even up to assistant directors but he is so pompous
you know nothing about this man, this man once told Ibb that if it's goat that wins an election that they should let the goat to rule... he said so in 1993 election. the issue of wearing uniform is baseless as far as I'm concerned. they should tackle the real issue. what has uniform got to do with competence... the man ( a 504 Peugeot car user) didn't lobby to become the CG of customs, but he was appointed as an administrator to flush out the dirt in the service and is doing wonderfully well.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wike Wins 2023 Political Titan Award / LP Leaders Used By Ex-Generals To Topple Democracy - Soyinka / Death Threats For Corpers And INEC Staff Ahead Of Ondo Election (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.