Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,516 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? (39043 Views)

Help:- This Happening To my Laps After Sex with my Boyfriend [picture] / Is My Nigerian Husband And His Family Scamming Me!!! / Two Half-Nude Ladies Beat Me Mercilessly In My Boyfriend's House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Cooleasy(m): 9:58pm On Mar 22, 2017
Anonymous1234:
I want to start this post by saying PLEASE do not judge my situation. (I'll try to be brief. Please ask questions if you have any)

So almost 2 years ago I met a guy online. He was from Nigeria but he was here in the states. No green card. He had a job but lost it later in our relationship. Super sweet. Very attentive. We hit it off immediately, talked and text on the phone all day everyday for about a month.

Then out of the blue he starts acting shady then I came to find out he had a girlfriend. We stopped talking for maybe 2 weeks but started back up again as friends (he told me that he wasn't with her anymore, I believed him) and eventually we became "exclusive" we moved in together.

Since we've been together he has cheated on me several times with multiple different women. I would find him on dating sites messaging women I've found Facebook messages, if messages, text messages. Most of them the women never responded to. Some of them did. Some of them he revealed his real name to and some he gave a fake name. Every time I would out information he would apologize cry, beg, plead for me to forgive him and take him back and I did every time.

I later found out that he was a scammer. He pretended to be other people online. Sometimes men sometimes women to get them to send him money. He would scam people on eBay making up fake PayPal invoices and taking the product and never giving them the money for it.

His friends also have taken people's credit cards and swiped them. He somehow got a hold of people's bank info etc. (I've now come to understand this to be 419 scamming) I never saw any of the money, meanwhile I was working and taking care of us.

Whenever we went out I paid for everything. Vacations. Birthdays. Literally everything. He never pressured me to marry him or asked me for large sums of money. He would ask for money for his bus card or phone bill. Small things like that. I loved him. I supported him. I wanted to help him. I wanted him to do better and be better. I wanted him to change so badly but he never did.

Cut to 2 months ago. I find out he's been cheating again. And in my house. I kick him out, we break up. He's apologizing he's crying he seems genuinely sorry promises to change the whole bit..

The minute I have him another chance he flipped the script. Started acting shady. Was telling me one thing and doing the complete opposite. He would tell me he still loves me and still wants to be with me etc.

cut to 2 days ago I find out on Snapchat that he's in a new relationship and "in love" and taking trips with this girl.

Mind you just last week he wanted to still work things out with me. I'm completely over it now. My question is was I apart of the scam? Or was this just a typical case of dealing with an unfaithful man? I knew he was a scammer. I begged him to stop but he wouldn't but for whatever reasons I never thought he would scam me.

You have been dealing with a hopelessly unfaithful man; a chronic and pathological lier and an incurable con man. He was only using you and he took plenty of advantage of your patient and forgiving nature.
Learn from this and never make this type of mistake again.
If you allow him back into your life, I will beat you.

1 Like

Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Mar 22, 2017
ojlifa:
i am asking now tell me how you make your own as you claim,bear in mind i am tried to detected lies

None of your business.
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by OgbeniSamm(m): 10:00pm On Mar 22, 2017
Anonymous1234:
I want to start this post by saying PLEASE do not judge my situation. (I'll try to be brief. Please ask questions if you have any)

So almost 2 years ago I met a guy online. He was from Nigeria but he was here in the states. No green card. He had a job but lost it later in our relationship. Super sweet. Very attentive. We hit it off immediately, talked and text on the phone all day everyday for about a month.

Then out of the blue he starts acting shady then I came to find out he had a girlfriend. We stopped talking for maybe 2 weeks but started back up again as friends (he told me that he wasn't with her anymore, I believed him) and eventually we became "exclusive" we moved in together.

Since we've been together he has cheated on me several times with multiple different women. I would find him on dating sites messaging women I've found Facebook messages, if messages, text messages. Most of them the women never responded to. Some of them did. Some of them he revealed his real name to and some he gave a fake name. Every time I would out information he would apologize cry, beg, plead for me to forgive him and take him back and I did every time.

I later found out that he was a scammer. He pretended to be other people online. Sometimes men sometimes women to get them to send him money. He would scam people on eBay making up fake PayPal invoices and taking the product and never giving them the money for it.

His friends also have taken people's credit cards and swiped them. He somehow got a hold of people's bank info etc. (I've now come to understand this to be 419 scamming) I never saw any of the money, meanwhile I was working and taking care of us.

Whenever we went out I paid for everything. Vacations. Birthdays. Literally everything. He never pressured me to marry him or asked me for large sums of money. He would ask for money for his bus card or phone bill. Small things like that. I loved him. I supported him. I wanted to help him. I wanted him to do better and be better. I wanted him to change so badly but he never did.

Cut to 2 months ago. I find out he's been cheating again. And in my house. I kick him out, we break up. He's apologizing he's crying he seems genuinely sorry promises to change the whole bit..

The minute I have him another chance he flipped the script. Started acting shady. Was telling me one thing and doing the complete opposite. He would tell me he still loves me and still wants to be with me etc.

cut to 2 days ago I find out on Snapchat that he's in a new relationship and "in love" and taking trips with this girl.

Mind you just last week he wanted to still work things out with me. I'm completely over it now. My question is was I apart of the scam? Or was this just a typical case of dealing with an unfaithful man? I knew he was a scammer. I begged him to stop but he wouldn't but for whatever reasons I never thought he would scam me.

My sister, I suspect that nigga's love voodoo is working on u big time...and if u think it's not working, my sister run and never look back, just run!
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 22, 2017
Anonymous1234

i really feel your pains dear.... but believe me according to what u just said. he is a real lover boy. but he loves u.

cut the story short.... he cant change cus he is husttling and trying to hit big. i can bet this with u. he is a guy who wish to do right things but cant cus he's not ready for that.

dont fake your love, if u truly love him. try and help him go through a rehab but if u cnt just leave him and i pray GOD will provide for u pretty soon.

at least help him. he might change

i wish i can share some stories with u... it will change ur perceptions

drabeey was HERE
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Tgold1(m): 10:00pm On Mar 22, 2017
Damibiz:
Once a game boy,alway a game boy,that dude according to my observation nd ur write up,he will never change,he may for some time bt once he is broke or around his friendz,u knw na Temptation aye....i get them typez as friendz

lol, baba why na?

yo7 got then types as friends

meaning if you're broke or around your friends too Temptation aye will set in.... baba na you o
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Omoluabi16(m): 10:01pm On Mar 22, 2017
bla bla bla bla..bla. You know he's cheating on you, you've found countless evidence. you also know he's a scammer. So what do you want us to do?? keep living in denial.
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 22, 2017
Next time it is going to be FBI knocking on your door...
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by seangy4konji: 10:08pm On Mar 22, 2017
You are a ride or die chick and all you need to do is show the guy 100 percent loyalty in everything...

You got a real G with you and deep down you like the soldier...things can change later when things are settled in his brain ie making enough cash to go legit and he will never forget his ride or die chick...

make him reason...i think you deserve better from him also from all you put up with...

Thats a real soldier you got there mi lady...once he changes

Only God can make him leave you...
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Pebcak: 10:08pm On Mar 22, 2017
Anonymous1234:

If you are truly in US like you claim and you live together and he's into fraud then i can bet you ll have questions to answer whenever he's picked up especially if he's dumb enough to use your address for some transaction. When you commit fraud in the US because nobody is talking does not mean they don't know, they building your criminal record file, and waiting for tons of evidence to get you nailed also there is always a bigger thieve they are after but when that that come they pick him up with a big pile of paper work and you ll be roped in though if you convince them good enuf the DA can offer you a deal to go free if you agree to testify. Right now you have all reasons to get away and get away fast if need be go to the nearest police station and get a restraining order case close. Thank me later

1 Like

Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by OTEGA1: 10:09pm On Mar 22, 2017
Y don't u report him to d police? if he is caught u will be held responsible for housing a criminal..

Run for ur dear life one day u will find out ur house has been sold den u will come cry online.

Delete him and let him go and call police to be aware of him so he can come back home and not give bad name to genuine people like me who have good and clear intentions..........
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Emekus92(m): 10:09pm On Mar 22, 2017
quote author=Anonymous1234 post=54837181]I want to start this post by saying PLEASE do not judge my situation. (I'll try to be brief. Please ask questions if you have any)

[/quote]
To me he don't lov u. he is using u as a shade to protect himself, to lay cover of his crimes. He's actions are what scammers do they are with u because they want to achieve somtin using u or frm u. I advice u to chase him out and mov on wit ur life. He never had positive intention for u
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Claessique1(f): 10:10pm On Mar 22, 2017
Anonymous1234:

My dear, Move on. It's a Red flag already. Meaning STOP
That guy isn't ready to change, imagine what he does for a living!!! That's a lazy dude and not a potential Man.
Why disturb your sleep over this. ??.??
You are seeing visible proof already, which apparently is a good thing.
What else do you need............ Dont fall for any cock and bull story or crocodile tears....
You deserve someone better.
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Oladimix: 10:11pm On Mar 22, 2017
U played the lead role in the SCAM movie.
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Mar 22, 2017
amiablesystems:
@Anonymous1234 do you see his attitude ideal for a long term partner?

You have the answer, listen to your soul. dnt wait for validation for whats within your own soul.

Wish u all d best, my lady.

We are no longer together. And I am going to keep it that way
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Mar 22, 2017
Cooleasy:

You have been dealing with a hopelessly unfaithful man; a chronic and pathological lier and an incurable con man. He was only using you and he took plenty of advantage of your patient and forgiving nature.
Learn from this and never make this type of mistake again.
If you allow him back into your life, I will beat you.

Lol! I won't. "If you allow him back into your life, I will beat you" sounds exactly like something my friends would say lol

2 Likes

Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by toogbasky(m): 10:20pm On Mar 22, 2017
Let me hustle small, I wud marry you, you where Neva a part of his scam, he just cudnt stuck his cassava on his pants and stick wit a real woman
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Nairaboi(m): 10:23pm On Mar 22, 2017
northvietnam:

lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Stupid bitches..

u will be friend zoning Decent guys around you and u want to Date C Ronaldo's twin online..

God will punish all of u one by one
Na so, straight and simple. I love ur simplicity my man, makes two of us. . .
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by jabojafa(m): 10:24pm On Mar 22, 2017
northvietnam:
OK I didn't read before I Comment..
I have gone through ya write up and I want to advise u now...

Men don't like possessive women...

If he's a scammer, which obviously he is..
try and get him a decent job.. that will occupy his time..

lady don't you know he has a family in Nigeria to take care of
and he can't do that from the peanut he gets from you.

if u love him, support his Scamming ministry..
but always advise him with love and respect...

Most G boys in naija and Malay.. their girl friends gives them that support they need
go to South Africa, Vietnam, Cambodia, Indo, their ladies even go to jail cuz they are dating Nigerian Drug pushers... and they know but will hardly snitch on the nigga or bad mouth him...

I know of a guy that spent so much money just to get his Vietnam girl friend out of jail..
cuz he said the girl was too supportive...

She's in Lagos now with two kids, yes a Vietnamese...

it got to a point in my life and I stopped going to church...
My girl begged me like for ever to start going to church... now na me dey wake her up every Sunday... after ironing her clothes Oooo...

I know of a guy that stopped smoking cuz any time he lights a cigarette, the girl will also light hers... if he stops, the girl will also stop..

she said any day I catch you smoke, I will light my own and smoke too..
the nigga no longer smokes again..

my point is

support him no matter what, with time he will change
if na ur sista u go advice to kontinu supportin a scammer and a serial cheat?
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by ojlifa: 10:42pm On Mar 22, 2017
arrogant hustler,i learnt something which i would share arrogant people usually do not have anything either up stairs other wise,they are usually the best only in there own eye. abeg leave alhaji alone

ZarZar:

None of your business.
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Mar 22, 2017
ojlifa:
arrogant hustler,i learnt something which i would share arrogant people usually do not have anything either up stairs other wise,they are usually the best only in there own eye. abeg leave alhaji alone

Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by gurulord1: 10:46pm On Mar 22, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
You gals like yahoo boys nah,why are you complaining?..
You won't understand this if you've not been there before, is not about loving yahoo boys.

Have you ever have love for someone and fell in love with her that you are ready to pardon all her/his faults in life and just wish he/she could just have senses to know what u sincerely mean to him. No, you've not. I have been there as a guy, and it can be most painful, that was exactly what it was. I just had to encouraged myself.. But today I'm rewarded by equal magnitude of such love and adventure by my present spouse- though I almost lost her if not for her patience.

This dude may be having a fill day today but would soon regret it all , and would be confronted by same measure meted to that damsel, who genuinely loved him.

To the damsel, I know this is not easy, even as you may thing you have resolved within you. You just have to forgive this guy genuinely and wish him well , while forgeting him and move on, for someone far more better than this dude is at the coner there praying and waiting to reward u with love.so that you do not miss him when he eventually comes around you. Pray that his patience be sustain while you are yet to notice him, because he will be a real gift to you. Never regret all the goodies you showered to that dog, you will be so surprise at your own turn, just keep positive mentality.

Some times some things happen so that you could appreciate the real deal when it comes.
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by babyfaceafrica: 10:48pm On Mar 22, 2017
gurulord1:

You won't understand this if you've not been there before, is not about loving yahoo boys.

Have you ever have love for someone and fell in love with her that you are ready to pardon all her/his faults in life and just wish he/she could just have senses to know what u sincerely mean to him. No, you've not. I have been there as a guy, and it can be most painful, that was exactly what it was. I just had to encouraged myself.. But today I'm rewarded by equal magnitude of such love and adventure by my present spouse- though I almost lost her if not for her patience.

This dude may be having a fill day today but would soon regret it all , and would be confronted by same measure meted to that damsel, who genuinely loved him.

To the damsel, I know this is not easy, even as you may thing you have resolved within you. You just have to forgive this guy genuinely and wish him well , while forgeting him and move on, for someone far more better than this dude is at the coner there praying and waiting to reward u with love.so that you do not miss him when he eventually comes around you. Pray that his patience be sustain while you are yet to notice him, because he will be a real gift to you. Never regret all the goodies you showered to that dog, you will be so surprise at your own turn, just keep positive mentality.

Some times some things happen so that you coulhttp://punchng.com/black-market-operators-lose-as-naira-trades-at-n400dollar/d appreciate the real deal when it comes.
lolz.....you very funny and judgemental.. Who says I have not ?..well na you sabi
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by scott83: 10:51pm On Mar 22, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Fawklicant: 10:53pm On Mar 22, 2017
Anonymous1234:

The situation meaning our relationship and him being unfaithful. I'm just realizing he's not your typical "Bleep boy" it's way worse. Way deeper. I couldn't see it when we were together because I loved him so much and I wanted to help him be a better person. He would cry to me and tell me how he didn't want this for himself. And I felt bad but now I know it was all apart of the scam. I've never met a person who could fake tears and emotions like that. He's a psychopath

First rule of the dating game. Never assume you can change your partner, especially a cheat or a liar. Conmen are on a whole different scale. They are an embodiment of lies, dishonor, infidelity, and any vice you can think of. They are snakes, they can backstab anyone anytime.
Druggies are better because they live by code. They seldom snitch and can be very dangerous.
So bae, take heart and move on. You've just been had.

Another one bites the dust...

1 Like

Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Naijazure: 10:57pm On Mar 22, 2017
Sowi ooh,

Wish I had you to me, story would have been different!

Shit happens, get over it...!
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by jbhill(m): 11:01pm On Mar 22, 2017
IZIT BECAUSE I LOVE U?
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by ang4156(f): 11:09pm On Mar 22, 2017
Just be glad to be rid of him. As many have commented, you could have gotten yourself in some legal trouble dealing with him. Years ago, I almost married a Nigerian who lived here in the US. I would not call him a yahoo boy because my experience happened way before 1994, lol. Anyways, he opened up accounts in my name without my permission and passed some bad checks. I did not press charges; I left him and had to pay off thousands of dollars in credit card debt. But scammers are worldwide; I meet one (American) on a dating website years ago, but that is another story. Your experience will be a memory, chin up, hang in there.
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Flintstone06(m): 11:09pm On Mar 22, 2017
northvietnam:
OK I didn't read before I Comment..
I have gone through ya write up and I want to advise u now...

Men don't like possessive women...

If he's a scammer, which obviously he is..
try and get him a decent job.. that will occupy his time..

lady don't you know he has a family in Nigeria to take care of
and he can't do that from the peanut he gets from you.

if u love him, support his Scamming ministry..
but always advise him with love and respect...

Most G boys in naija and Malay.. their girl friends gives them that support they need
go to South Africa, Vietnam, Cambodia, Indo, their ladies even go to jail cuz they are dating Nigerian Drug pushers... and they know but will hardly snitch on the nigga or bad mouth him...

I know of a guy that spent so much money just to get his Vietnam girl friend out of jail..
cuz he said the girl was too supportive...

She's in Lagos now with two kids, yes a Vietnamese...

it got to a point in my life and I stopped going to church...
My girl begged me like for ever to start going to church... now na me dey wake her up every Sunday... after ironing her clothes Oooo...

I know of a guy that stopped smoking cuz any time he lights a cigarette, the girl will also light hers... if he stops, the girl will also stop..

she said any day I catch you smoke, I will light my own and smoke too..
the nigga no longer smokes again..

my point is

support him no matter what, with time he will change
Change again!!! No oh
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by solidman59(m): 11:21pm On Mar 22, 2017
Anonymous1234:

My friend, you were really really part of the scam. I really hope you are over him though. even a blind man can see that the guy is a cheat and will dump you after milking you dry...
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Gfish: 11:22pm On Mar 22, 2017
Anonymous1234:
He never pressured me about marriage. He never asked for large sums of money like they typically do in these situations so I was confused. My heart was in it 100% but my gut was telling me to RUN and I'm glad I left. I feel bad for the. Ew girl because she probably has no idea what she's dealing with.

No he is not scamming you.....OLODO! The Gee the use you big time dey chill, feed and keep warm till him hammer big time or get a better offer.
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Mar 22, 2017
Fact: Most men cheat but no man will disrespect the woman he truly loves; if he's bringing strange women to your home, it's disrespect hence no love....please cut your losses and move on.
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Abagworo(m): 11:28pm On Mar 22, 2017
Anonymous1234:

You were part of the scammed. Those "419ers" are very mean and use different "magas" to solve different problems. Some are for sex while others are for mare recharge cards and feeding. Even their marriage is scam and they can even defraud their wives, parents and siblings.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Layefa Beauty: I Was Sexually Harassed By A Lecturer, A Reverend (Video) / Would You Date A Girl Your Brother Slept With? / Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.