Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,834 members, 7,828,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? (39080 Views)

Help:- This Happening To my Laps After Sex with my Boyfriend [picture] / Is My Nigerian Husband And His Family Scamming Me!!! / Two Half-Nude Ladies Beat Me Mercilessly In My Boyfriend's House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by wristbangle: 9:17pm On Mar 22, 2017
I don't know why you are asking this question from us when it's obvious he is scam and a cheat but I won't blame you as girls like them "bad".
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by KKKWHITE(m): 9:19pm On Mar 22, 2017
Look for someone else while its still early .
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by blaqroy: 9:19pm On Mar 22, 2017
The ans is he i scamming you too, he doesn't ask you for much because you gives him free nack and accommodate him.... Don't ever accepted his proposal and never you confide in any of his friends
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by ajalaolanr(m): 9:19pm On Mar 22, 2017
Anonymous1234:
I want to start this post by saying PLEASE do not judge my situation. (I'll try to be brief. Please ask questions if you have any)

So almost 2 years ago I met a guy online. He was from Nigeria but he was here in the states. No green card. He had a job but lost it later in our relationship. Super sweet. Very attentive. We hit it off immediately, talked and text on the phone all day everyday for about a month.

Then out of the blue he starts acting shady then I came to find out he had a girlfriend. We stopped talking for maybe 2 weeks but started back up again as friends (he told me that he wasn't with her anymore, I believed him) and eventually we became "exclusive" we moved in together.

Since we've been together he has cheated on me several times with multiple different women. I would find him on dating sites messaging women I've found Facebook messages, if messages, text messages. Most of them the women never responded to. Some of them did. Some of them he revealed his real name to and some he gave a fake name. Every time I would out information he would apologize cry, beg, plead for me to forgive him and take him back and I did every time.

I later found out that he was a scammer. He pretended to be other people online. Sometimes men sometimes women to get them to send him money. He would scam people on eBay making up fake PayPal invoices and taking the product and never giving them the money for it.

His friends also have taken people's credit cards and swiped them. He somehow got a hold of people's bank info etc. (I've now come to understand this to be 419 scamming) I never saw any of the money, meanwhile I was working and taking care of us.

Whenever we went out I paid for everything. Vacations. Birthdays. Literally everything. He never pressured me to marry him or asked me for large sums of money. He would ask for money for his bus card or phone bill. Small things like that. I loved him. I supported him. I wanted to help him. I wanted him to do better and be better. I wanted him to change so badly but he never did.

Cut to 2 months ago. I find out he's been cheating again. And in my house. I kick him out, we break up. He's apologizing he's crying he seems genuinely sorry promises to change the whole bit..

The minute I have him another chance he flipped the script. Started acting shady. Was telling me one thing and doing the complete opposite. He would tell me he still loves me and still wants to be with me etc.

cut to 2 days ago I find out on Snapchat that he's in a new relationship and "in love" and taking trips with this girl.

Mind you just last week he wanted to still work things out with me. I'm completely over it now. My question is was I apart of the scam? Or was this just a typical case of dealing with an unfaithful man? I knew he was a scammer. I begged him to stop but he wouldn't but for whatever reasons I never thought he would scam me.

Hi, many are the signs we ignore even if they stare us in the eyes. You got the answer to your question therein your post...
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by tempest01(m): 9:19pm On Mar 22, 2017
I sense a white woman behind this post.

Annonymous1234 my advise to you is to terminate the relationship now you can still pick up pieces of your life and get something going with it. You can hardly change someone and from your write up, it is obvious you are one of the scams.

I only see this relationship ending one way. And it would be good for you to be strong and end it up right now. There are good people around you that will treat you well just looking for a chance for you to give the green light.
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 22, 2017
Hey,
why bring it here asif you don't know what's good for u,
Or you want us to decide for u?
If you feel he's d guy for u then stick with him but if u having the oda feeling pack your loads and take the next bus.
The world is full of guys so why worried over someone who u feel doesn't worth the stress.
Women sef
Person wey get cap no get head
Person wey get head no get cap.
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 22, 2017
Babe you are one of his mugus. You're not a mugu ooo. But to him, that's what you are. Please deal with him
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Avater0147(m): 9:21pm On Mar 22, 2017
don't worry,just be patient with him..some day he go blow..if one top up hacking fit enter,una suffer don end..being a scammer is not a bad job beside now then girls they love pass now
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by otitokoroleti: 9:21pm On Mar 22, 2017
Anonymous1234:

I wish it was fake. But it's the 100% truth. It sounds like a movie. I feel like I'm living in the twilight zone but believe me there is NOTHING fake about this story. Nothing.
DUMP HIS SILLY ASS & BE HAPPY, OR CONTINUE WITH HIM & GET YASELF JAILED!
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by praisekeyzz(m): 9:21pm On Mar 22, 2017
Oga gerrout jor
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Cutie09(m): 9:22pm On Mar 22, 2017
You are being scammed you are being mug he has cheated on you you forgive him cheated again you kicked him out and is likely you'll take him back well look.for other guys that will.respect you not cheating on you.

Unless you can't believe you have him maybe you are older than the guy here in abroad things are done 50 50 no one will.be paying for everything. Unless on special occasions like birthdays but holiday rent bills is 50 50
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Julivas(m): 9:22pm On Mar 22, 2017
Sit him down and asked him whether this is the way he wants to live his life. Ask him what he wants to stop all those bad acts. Through his responses, you can either help him or ĺet him go. In all be careful with yourself.
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 22, 2017
Anonymous1234:
I want to start this post by saying PLEASE do not judge my situation. (I'll try to be brief. Please ask questions if you have any)

So almost 2 years ago I met a guy online. He was from Nigeria but he was here in the states. No green card. He had a job but lost it later in our relationship. Super sweet. Very attentive. We hit it off immediately, talked and text on the phone all day everyday for about a month.

Then out of the blue he starts acting shady then I came to find out he had a girlfriend. We stopped talking for maybe 2 weeks but started back up again as friends (he told me that he wasn't with her anymore, I believed him) and eventually we became "exclusive" we moved in together.

Since we've been together he has cheated on me several times with multiple different women. I would find him on dating sites messaging women I've found Facebook messages, if messages, text messages. Most of them the women never responded to. Some of them did. Some of them he revealed his real name to and some he gave a fake name. Every time I would out information he would apologize cry, beg, plead for me to forgive him and take him back and I did every time.

I later found out that he was a scammer. He pretended to be other people online. Sometimes men sometimes women to get them to send him money. He would scam people on eBay making up fake PayPal invoices and taking the product and never giving them the money for it.

His friends also have taken people's credit cards and swiped them. He somehow got a hold of people's bank info etc. (I've now come to understand this to be 419 scamming) I never saw any of the money, meanwhile I was working and taking care of us.

Whenever we went out I paid for everything. Vacations. Birthdays. Literally everything. He never pressured me to marry him or asked me for large sums of money. He would ask for money for his bus card or phone bill. Small things like that. I loved him. I supported him. I wanted to help him. I wanted him to do better and be better. I wanted him to change so badly but he never did.

Cut to 2 months ago. I find out he's been cheating again. And in my house. I kick him out, we break up. He's apologizing he's crying he seems genuinely sorry promises to change the whole bit..

The minute I have him another chance he flipped the script. Started acting shady. Was telling me one thing and doing the complete opposite. He would tell me he still loves me and still wants to be with me etc.

cut to 2 days ago I find out on Snapchat that he's in a new relationship and "in love" and taking trips with this girl.

Mind you just last week he wanted to still work things out with me. I'm completely over it now. My question is was I apart of the scam? Or was this just a typical case of dealing with an unfaithful man? I knew he was a scammer. I begged him to stop but he wouldn't but for whatever reasons I never thought he would scam me.
better run for your life and forget about him ,even if he scammed you ,forget about it and just move on,because the day he would be caught for his evil deeds he may want to go down(jail) together with you and not alone,he's a snake and you should try as much to flee from him as you can
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by smartty68(m): 9:23pm On Mar 22, 2017
Doxie69:
How can I find my way to the house of assembly as a member
Chai! NairaLander and offkey comments

Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by kcowen(m): 9:23pm On Mar 22, 2017
My sister come, I say come, don't be afraid, come closer. Oya kneel down!!! Repeat after me, my father, my father, my father, whosoever swallowed my sense , oya vomit it now , oya begin to shout vomit !!! , vomit !!! , vomit !
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by davinchecodes(m): 9:23pm On Mar 22, 2017
Anonymous1234:

Since we've been together he has cheated on me several times with multiple different women. I would find him on dating sites messaging women I've found Facebook messages, if messages, text messages. Most of them the women never responded to. Some of them did. Some of them he revealed his real name to and some he gave a fake name. Every time I would out information he would apologise cry, beg, plead for me to forgive him and take him back and I did every time.

For starter's he's a serial con man
/ scammer and probably a yahoo guy.
Does he have any job?
I bet No.
He's just milking you.
He's a cheater for sure
I would recommend you leave him asap.
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by MuskElon: 9:24pm On Mar 22, 2017
Op run!

You're only a means to an end to him.

And yes, he's been scamming you all along.

Run!!
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by missfrancess(f): 9:24pm On Mar 22, 2017
what do u know about Love.your dating a Ghana burger Run before maggot start to come out from your kitten
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Funkybabee(f): 9:25pm On Mar 22, 2017
ohhhhhhhh all this yeye lover girl done start
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Cutie09(m): 9:26pm On Mar 22, 2017
Julivas:
Sit him down and asked him whether this is the way he wants to live his life. Ask him what he wants to stop all those bad acts. Through his responses, you can either help him or ĺet him go. In all be careful with yourself.

He won't stop trust me unless he repent and become a born again Christian or born again Muslim
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Mar 22, 2017
Anonymous1234:

I supported him. I was there for him. I encouraged him to do better. Be better. But there comes a time where a person CAN NOT continue to love and support someone who isn't doing the same for you or themselves. I gave him all of me. My love, my loyalty, affection, EVERYTHING and he took it all, used me up until he couldn't use me anymore and walked away without a care in the world. I loved him and was there for him at his lowest point and even THAT wasn't enough for him to be honest and loyal to me. Enough is enough. Now I'm left to pick up the pieces by myself.

I can see the sincerity in your heart... it is really sad to see a honest person scammed.

As some have advised you, he is a cheat and a con man. Stay away from him so as not to get into a bigger mess.

Leave him to Karma. Continue to be good and sincere, i pray and hope you get the man you truly deserve.

Take care. Time will heal your wounds. He isn't worth being sad over.
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by alex81(m): 9:28pm On Mar 22, 2017
ah! my dear what are u waiting for

fleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

with immediate alacrity

without looking back
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Tyche(m): 9:28pm On Mar 22, 2017
What is past is past. never go back. Not for excuses. Not for justification, not for happiness. You are what you are, the world is what it is.

Mario Puzo, The Last Don
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by pokipoki: 9:28pm On Mar 22, 2017
Anonymous1234:

Why are you in friendship with someone who character is questionable?
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by whizcartel(m): 9:29pm On Mar 22, 2017
My dear... he was. Soon as he hits the jackpot, he gon dump your ass for another mugu beyotch. and when the money is gone. he gonna come to you, crying his sorry ass out. Be wise girl. #womanpower
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by saajus: 9:29pm On Mar 22, 2017
No need to ask, he's a Smooth Operator
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by Bobo419: 9:30pm On Mar 22, 2017
Hi Anonymous1234,

I trust you're finding solace at this time.

If you don't mind my moniker, (a name I jokingly chose but may look suspicious in regards to the discussion at hand) I have some few thoughts to share with you.

The guy was scamming you. Pure logic. He however wasn't after your money but the shelter you provided. That's your purpose. He was trying to play safe with you. Get shelter from you then money from the other people he message.

I also feel you did no wrong in trusting a man you're in love with. You loved him, you trusted him. God bless your heart dear.

Finally, I'll like to point out that some Nigerians are Scammers. However, not all of us are. We're good people, well cultured and downhearted. A few, here and there, soil our name.

I do hope you find love again. More especially with a good Nigerian.

Thanks for sharing your story.

Regards,
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by coolsegun2002: 9:30pm On Mar 22, 2017
There are two breeds of Yoruba demons...

1)Yoruba demon by default :these are the types that actually kinda love u but somehow they just wanna cheat once in a while to show that they are that boss man..and to remind them selves they are still handsome and sharp any day...the extra flings are just fun

2)Yoruba demon by trainning: this one's never fall in love..the perfect smooth criminal,dangerously handsome,each lady they meet is a project to execute, they will make u love them, mess up ur mind... get you twisted all in side... even when u finally find the strength to let go, you will still be wondering if you are the one that's at fault or him and mayb there's something you could have done to make them change.

This OP is just too unlucky she jammed number 2.....

its one of those things in the sinful world of dating...u have to be an extremely lucky chic not to jam a Yoruba demon in your life time.

Once again...pele..
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by obataokenwa(m): 9:31pm On Mar 22, 2017
You're dating a criminal. I'm sorry for u
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by elexjojo745(m): 9:31pm On Mar 22, 2017
I'm also here in the US kindly forget about that dude and let's meet!!! I have a good job
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by abdulaz: 9:32pm On Mar 22, 2017
This mayeh is still in love.
Re: Was My Boyfriend Scamming Me? by eliabah12(f): 9:33pm On Mar 22, 2017
Anonymous1234:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How My House Maid Ayo Turned To Be My Sex Buddy / Beautiful Pre-Wedding Photos Of A Nairalander at Ikogosi Warm and Cold Spring / Dollarface Peters Traditional Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.