Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,827 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. (24399 Views)

APC Is The Only Party That Believes In Youths – Governor Bello / Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? / Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by fratermathy(m): 7:37pm On Mar 26, 2017
Bridget95:
The first time I came across an urhobo person was when I visited delta state,ever since I stepped out of that area I have not come across any.
Many igbos at home and away have no either of urhobo let alone hating them.

We have no qualms about people who are themselves. we are loving and accommodating as well as understanding.

Talk is cheap. Anyone can say anything. Igbo is the biggest ethnic group in the East and they should be our closest allies politically. However, is that the case? Has any Igbo or even IPOB which is quick to add Urhoboland to the struggle, visited any Urhobo town to hear from the people?

The Igbos online do more harm than good as well. You guys should really learn to talk and instead of insulting minorities, try to reason with them and give them logical reasons to show you are interested. Play the big brother role you think yourselves to be, instead of being the enemy.

1 Like

Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by Amarabae(f): 7:38pm On Mar 26, 2017
Bridget95:
The first time I came across an urhobo person was when I visited delta state,ever since I stepped out of that area I have not come across any.
Many igbos at home and away have no either of urhobo let alone hating them.

We have no qualms about people who are themselves. we are loving and accommodating as well as understanding.
exactly. After the war, the media launched a demonizing stereotypes about Igbos, it brainwashed many to have a negative opinion about Igbos even without having a real encounter with one.
Its their opinion sha.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by Amarabae(f): 7:40pm On Mar 26, 2017
fratermathy:

Talk is cheap. Anyone can say anything. Igbo is the biggest ethnic group in the East and they should be our closest allies politically. However, is that the case? Has any Igbo or even IPOB which is quick to add Urhoboland to the struggle, visited any Urhobo town to hear from the people?

The Igbos online do more harm than good as well. You guys should really learn to talk and instead of insulting minorities, try to reason with them and give them logical reasons to show you are interested. Play the big brother role you think yourselves to be, instead of being the enemy.
let me point out something. you are still confusing Igbo with Ipob in this ur reply to her! They are not the same.

1 Like

Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by fratermathy(m): 7:55pm On Mar 26, 2017
Amarabae:
let me point out something. you are still confusing Igbo with Ipob in this ur reply to her! They are not the same.

I get your point ma'am but how many Igbos aren't in IPOB? Whether in official capacity or not?

In any case, this is an overflogged horse.

All I want is for every group to interact harmoniously and respect the wishes of one another.

Hatred is never an option.

1 Like

Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by Bridget95(f): 7:55pm On Mar 26, 2017
fratermathy:

So in your bigoted mind, Urhobo has only two LGAs abi? Where did you get that information from? This shows you don't even know anything about the South! Now let me educate you a little bit:

Delta State has 5 ethnic groups and 3 senatorial districts. Anioma Igbos occupy ONLY Delta North of 9 LGAs. Ijaws and Itsekiris occupy PART of Delta South - 6 LGAs. Urhobos occupy ALL of Delta Central (Ethiope East, Ethiope West, Uvwie, Okpe, Udu, Ughelli North, Ughelli South, Sapele) and PARTS of Delta South (Warri South, Patani, Isoko South, Isoko North). Urhobos also occupy Sagbama in Bayelsa State (Ofoni town) and Ikpoba Okha in Edo State. Only Delta Central has a population of 1.6m. Delta South has 1.4m. Let us assume Urhobos have a quarter of Delta South's population, that would be equal to 2m and this figure is even a projected one because the reality is far from these political figures.

The entire Edo State has 4m population. Bini has less than 2m. Esan has about 2m, followed by Bini, Etsako, Afenmai, etc. Bini is nowhere near Urhobo population.

The Ibibio is a small ethnic group. What you think of as Ibibio is actually a cluster of Ibibio, Ananng, Oron, Eket (Ekid) and Uruan (Efik). They are related but NOT the same ETHNIC GROUP. When they come together as one, they beat Urhobo but they are not ONE. They don't see themselves as one and that may never change. So as far as I am concerned Urhobo also beat them.

As for the show of hate, the fact that we are having this conversation and your quickness in undermining Urhobos is an example of Igbo hatred to the Urhobos!

why should I undermine urhobo? what will i gain? My ethnic group belongs to the big three in Nigeria.

we are not comfortable with the jihad that has begun from Kaduna down to Benue and now in delta in the guise of Fulani herdsmen. Jihad is upon us,hence our out cry to be left alone the way it was as of old.

you have been fighting hard to justify your false claim that we hate urhobo because of their stance against the struggle.

we don't force people against their will.i think that whoever wants to remain with the caliphate that supports its army to aid and protect the third deadliest terror group according to the UN should be left alone.

Today an urhobo lecturer of Delta state university along with some children were murdered in the farm by this terror group.

it is a wake up call because state governments are powerless to this despicable acts.

I like calling things by their real names because that is wisdom.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by fratermathy(m): 8:00pm On Mar 26, 2017
AgentSmith001:
. Mathias, you have spoken well.at least there is no anti-igbo meaning to what you posted.I like the new you Mathias keep it up bro

They say if you look too deep into the abyss, you eventually become a part of it.

Hate has never helped anyone. It is sometimes difficult to preach love to some IPOB youths that have let hate eat up their heart in all entirety but I'll try to be better than them. At least, a few of you have been able to convince me that there are Igbos that are reasonable, objective and filled with love, rather than hate.

I cannot hate the entire ethnic group for the crimes of a few that we meet online. It's just so sad that many of those filled with hate are those that come online to propagate it.

Igbo remains a great nation with hardworking people who struggle for their rights anywhere they are. I respect that and greatly admire that. Sometimes I even wish Urhobos were more like that.

At the end of everything, let our humanity guild us all.

1 Like

Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by AgentSmith001: 8:05pm On Mar 26, 2017
fratermathy:

They say if you look too deep into the abyss, you eventually become a part of it.

Hate has never helped anyone. It is sometimes difficult to preach love to some IPOB youths that have let hate eat up their hate in all entirety but I'll try to be better than them. At least, a few of you have been able to convince me that there are Igbos that are reasonable, objective and filled with love, rather than hate.

I cannot hate the entire ethnic group for the crimes of a few that we meet online. It's just so sad that many of those filled with hate are those that come online to propagate it.

Igbo remains a great nation with hardworking people who struggle for their rights anywhere they are. I respect that and greatly admire that. Sometimes I even wish Urhobos were more like that.

At the end of everything, let our humanity guild us all.
. Oghene doh .God bless you my brother

you should also know that a secessionist organization has always been hated around the world so I understand ur hatred towards the Igbos .

5 Likes

Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by fratermathy(m): 8:08pm On Mar 26, 2017
Bridget95:
why should I undermine urhobo? what will i gain? My ethnic group belongs to the big three in Nigeria.

we are not comfortable with the jihad that has begun from Kaduna down to Benue and now in delta in the guise of Fulani herdsmen. Jihad is upon us,hence our out cry to be left alone the way it was as of old.

you have been fighting hard to justify your false claim that we hate urhobo because of their stance against the struggle.

we don't force people against their will.i think that whoever wants to remain with the caliphate that supports its army to aid and protect the third deadliest terror group according to the UN should be left alone.

Today an urhobo lecturer of Delta state university along with some children were murdered in the farm by this terror group.

it is a wake up call because state governments are powerless to this despicable acts.

I like calling things by their real names because that is wisdom.

At least, I admire the fact that you are no longer propagating deep hatred.

The Fulani herdsmen mafia is our common enemy in Nigeria and everyone must rise against it.

However, we should be careful not to hate the entire Hausa/Fulani ethnicity for the crimes of some misguided ones, the same way I can't hate Igbo for the statements made by some on the internet.

In tackling this Fulani herdsmen crisis in the country, we should be tactful and apolitical about it. If the FG has refused to do anything, we have to convince our representatives to present bills that will control these people. Personally, I have been following my HoA representative and he has been working hard to push Gov. Okowa to do something about the issue but the politics behind it is very strong. I sincerely hope we find a peaceful means to the issue or else violence may be used. After all, no group has a monopoly of violence.

That said, I like the fact that we have just agreed on something. This shows that Igbo and Urhobo, if we work together as mutual and equal allies, may be able to engage our common problems. Hatred shouldn't be allowed to fester.

It behoves the more enlightened and sensible Igbos to call the hate-mongers to order and isolate them so that they will see that they are alone in their hate. By supporting or ignoring them, you create the impression that you are all together in the hate against us.

1 Like

Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by Bridget95(f): 8:40pm On Mar 26, 2017
fratermathy:

The Fulani herdsmen mafia is our common enemy in Nigeria and everyone must rise against it.

However, we should be careful not to hate the entire Hausa/Fulani ethnicity for the crimes of some misguided ones, the same way I can't hate Igbo for the statements made by some on the internet.

In tackling this Fulani herdsmen crisis in the country, we should be tactful and apolitical about it. If the FG has refused to do anything, we have to convince our representatives to present bills that will control these people. Personally, I have been following my HoA representative and he has been working hard to push Gov. Okowa to do something about the issue but the politics behind it is very strong. I sincerely hope we find a peaceful means to the issue or else violence may be used. After all, no group has a monopoly of violence.

That said, I like the fact that we have just agreed on something. This shows that Igbo and Urhobo, if we work together as mutual and equal allies, may be able to engage our common problems. Hatred shouldn't be allowed to fester.

It behoves the more enlightened and sensible Igbos to call the hate-mongers to order and isolate them so that they will see that they are alone in their hate. By supporting or ignoring them, you create the impression that you are all together in the hate against us.
you seem not to have a grasp of my point. We have no hate for the ethnic groups of the delta.GEJ is an Ijaw man,we gave him 100% support. who would have thought that after the sabotage and stabbings we suffered during the civil war, from these people that we would support them in anything. But we did,till tomorrow the average igbo man loves and adores GEJ not because he transformed the SE into a paradise but because we see him as a brother. That is the igbo,he never forsakes his brother.

Do you know that Chukwuemeka Kaduna Nzeogu is from Delta state?Do you know that his acts in the 60s brought great repercussions to the igbo man? yet his people (some misguided and ill informed) deny us ? They have been over fed with junk lies about the igbos by some selfish and divisive ethnic nationalities for cheap political reasons. Yet we overlook all of that.

The hate you see on daily bases against the igbos for no justifiable reasons here on Nairaland and elsewhere is as a result of extreme propaganda perpetrated by ancestors of some misguided elements during the civil war over 40yrs ago.This bitter bile was handed over from generations past.

we igbos have nothing but love for the entire SS.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by paschu: 8:44pm On Mar 26, 2017
You seem to want harmony, but the fact that you see nothing wrong with this thread betrays an inner bias.

For example how else would you have reacted if this thread was created with the following title:

"Any Deltan Who Does Not Support Biafra Is Not A Deltan"

And then followed with the following rhetoric:

"...They should quickly migrate to South West, and leave Delta at once, or else...."

If you find the above statements offensive, then know that it's very hypocritical to expect anyone to reason with the creator of this thread.

In fact the OP is so messed up that he literally mocked a British jonalist (in another thread) who got pissed with political correctness after the recent terror attack in London. So the OP is basically unreasonable and mischievous.

So I'm kind of wondering why you did not follow your own advice and called your brother to order but rather endorsed this hateful thread, yet you expect love and appreciation in return.

fratermathy:

6 Likes

Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by Nobody: 8:57pm On Mar 26, 2017
fratermathy:

Yes. I am positive about that. Efik-Ibibio are separate groups and cannot be seen as one except they eventually unite. Bini is a micro-minority, even in Edo State. The most populated ethnic group in Edo is Esan, not Bini. I am not surprised that you don't know small facts like this.

Only Urhobo has 2m people estimated and the figures, in reality, is more than this. Isoko has 1m. Though many would separate them in the name of politics, we are historically, culturally and ethnolinguistically the same people. When combined, we have 3m in Delta State alone. The true figure would be somewhere around 5-6m if an honest census is undertaken.
[s]
Igbos have never shown love to Western Igbos, talk less of Urhobo-Isoko! As an Urhobo who grew up with Igbos as neighbours, I have always been indifferent towards Igbos but on joining Nairaland, I came to the harsh reality that Igbos hate Urhobos because we don't align with them. There is nothing nice an Igbo has said about Urhobos since I joined Nairaland. Even on ground, Igbos never attempt to extend hands of friendship and fellowship. They are content with annexing us and cursing us for speaking against it. Even on this thread, you and your cohorts have shown yourselves to be the true depiction of Igbo's apathy and hatred of Urhobos! Sadly, but honestly, that is how other ethnic groups will be treated in your Biafra. I can only pity for them because I know Urhobo will never share that grim fate.
[/s]

The day you stop being a hypocrite perhaps heaven will fall that day. Since I registered I have never seen anything good from you towards the Igbo. Only hate,hate and then some more hate. Infact you made me start to see the Urhobo in another light. You are just another hardcore tribalist so cry us the river Niger. Nansense.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by fratermathy(m): 9:29pm On Mar 26, 2017
paschu:
You seem to want harmony, but the fact that you see nothing wrong with this thread betrays an inner bias.

For example how else would you have reacted if this thread was created with the following title:

"Any Deltan Who Does Not Support Biafra Is Not A Deltan"

And then followed with the following rhetoric:

"...They should quickly migrate to South West, and leave Delta at once, or else...."

If you find the above statements offensive, then know that it's very hypocritical to expect anyone to reason with the creator of this thread.

In fact the OP is so messed up that he literally mocked a British jonalist (in another thread) who got pissed with political correctness after the recent terror attack in London. So the OP is basically unreasonable and mischievous.

So I'm kind of wondering why you did not follow your own advice and called your brother to order but rather endorsed this hateful thread, yet you expect love and appreciation in return.

Did you just say I endorsed this thread?

Why the lies?

Need I remind you of my very first comment on this thread?
Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by fratermathy(m): 9:31pm On Mar 26, 2017
iSlayer2:

The day you stop being a hypocrite perhaps heaven will fall that day. Since I registered I have never seen anything good from you towards the Igbo. Only hate,hate and then some more hate. Infact you made me start to see the Urhobo in another light. You are just another hardcore tribalist so cry us the river Niger. Nansense.

A glaring example of all I have been against!!! Amarabae and Bridget95, take note!

You claim I made you hate Urhobos yet fail to address what may have caused that, if it is even true.

Hatred is free but it eats you up slowly. Better let go of that hate you have for Urhobos!

There is NOTHING I have said on Nairaland that Igbos haven't said to Urhobos! NOTHING!!!
Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by Nobody: 9:37pm On Mar 26, 2017
[s]
fratermathy:

A glaring example of all I have been against!!! Amarabae and Bridget95, take note!

You claim I made you hate Urhobos yet fail to address what may have caused that, if it is even true.

Hatred is free but it eats you up slowly. Better let go of that hate you have for Urhobos!

There is NOTHING I have said on Nairaland that Igbos haven't said to Urhobos! NOTHING!!!
[/s]
Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by fratermathy(m): 9:41pm On Mar 26, 2017
Bridget95:
you seem not to have a grasp of my point. We have no hate for the ethnic groups of the delta.GEJ is an Ijaw man,we gave him 100% support. who would have thought that after the sabotage and stabbings we suffered during the civil war, from these people that we would support them in anything. But we did,till tomorrow the average igbo man loves and adores GEJ not because he transformed the SE into a paradise but because we see him as a brother. That is the igbo,he never forsakes his brother.

Do you know that Chukwuemeka Kaduna Nzeogu is from Delta state?Do you know that his acts in the 60s brought great repercussions to the igbo man? yet his people (some misguided and ill informed) deny us ? They have been over fed with junk lies about the igbos by some selfish and divisive ethnic nationalities for cheap political reasons. Yet we overlook all of that.

The hate you see on daily bases against the igbos for no justifiable reasons here on Nairaland and elsewhere is as a result of extreme propaganda perpetrated by ancestors of some misguided elements during the civil war over 40yrs ago.This bitter bile was handed over from generations past.

we igbos have nothing but love for the entire SS.

Do not absolve the Igbo of hate towards any ethnic group as you are implying. People may hate Igbos, as expected. But Igbos have a long list of tribes that it hates. Hausa is number one, followed by Yoruba. Edo and Urhobo have made way into the list as well, if we are to judge by the statements of online miscreants and hate propagandists!

You cannot fight hate with hate. If other ethnic groups hate you, locate the root source of that hatred and address it. It is never a thing of pride to be hated by everyone. Everyone cannot all be wrong at the same time. Something must be wrong. I think Igbos need to have a think-tank over this in order to secure your collective future as a people.

Quit saying Igbos have nothing but love for the South South. That is a big lie. Igbos care very little for the South except for obvious reasons. If at all they even show any inkling for care, it is for the Igboid groups, so spare me that sanctimonious BS.

Let's just end this conversation. It's headed nowhere. We have agreed on certain things and disagreed on a lot. My major standpoints remain:

1. Igbos/IPOB shouldn't add Urhobo to their struggle for any reason without first consulting with us
2. Igbos have never shown love or offered an olive branch to Urhobos
3. Igbos, especially those online, have created enemies of Urhobos due to their uncouth statements
4. Urhobos remain indifferent towards Igbos and the Igbo cause
5. Delta Igbos/Ijaws/Itsekiris are free to do whatever they want or even join Biafra. Urhobo has never agreed to that or showed sympathy to that cause.
6. You cannot use hate to fight hate. Because of this, I have resolved not to hate the great Igbo race. However, Igbos should realise that I am just one person. I can assertively tell you that many Urhobos are suspicious of Igbos mainly because of the things they read online, statements that Igbos make against us, and the act of adding Urhoboland to maps without consulting with us.

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by paschu: 9:53pm On Mar 26, 2017
Sorry, I did not notice your first post. But here's what I responded to:

If Igbos have no hatred for Urhobos, when they see threads like this, they appeal to reason, rather than tribalism and insults. The Op revealed that he is an Urhobo, then Bridget95 and Uckennety, among others, took the opportunity to throw tantrums like children against the Urhobo people.

I don't know how long you have been in this section, but I have seen your people literally threaten Igbos with genocide and boasted how your women poisoned our men during the war. See, just pretend to be an igbo person for a while, then go on and Google Igbo and see if you can stomach the sheer volume of igbophobia that shows up.

This country is no loger worth it.

fratermathy:

Did you just say I endorsed this thread?

Why the lies?

Need I remind you of my very first comment on this thread?

3 Likes

Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by OreMI22: 9:59pm On Mar 26, 2017
Who is a Deltan?

The one that swore Asaba isn't the state capital and even denied it of development for a while or the one that accepted asaba?

5 Likes

Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by paschu: 10:02pm On Mar 26, 2017
Can you explain what you meant at the bolded? That statement does not make any sense to me.

And by the way, do you have any idea how many times the igbos have been targeted for evil in this country, and other ethicities kept being indifferent? I guess you don't. And that's why you are insensitive enough to ascribe your tribe's igbophobic behaviors to online discourse.

fratermathy:

Do not absolve the Igbo of hate towards any ethnic group as you are implying. People may hate Igbos, as expected. But Igbos have a long list of tribes that it hates. Hausa is number one, followed by Yoruba. Edo and Urhobo have made way into the list as well, if we are to judge by the statements of online miscreants and hate propagandists!

You cannot fight hate with hate. If other ethnic groups hate you, locate the root source of that hatred and address it. It is never a thing of pride to be hated by everyone. Everyone cannot all be wrong at the same time. Something must be wrong. I think Igbos need to have a think-tank over this in order to secure your collective future as a people.

Quit saying Igbos have nothing but love for the South South. That is a big lie. Igbos care very little for the South except for obvious reasons. If at all they even show any inkling for care, it is for the Igboid groups, so spare me that sanctimonious BS.

Let's just end this conversation. It's headed nowhere. We have agreed on certain things and disagreed on a lot. My major standpoints remain:

1. Igbos/IPOB shouldn't add Urhobo to their struggle for any reason without first consulting with us
3. Igbos, especially those online, have created enemies of Urhobos due to their uncouth statements
5. Delta Igbos/Ijaws/Itsekiris are free to do whatever they want or even join Biafra. Urhobo has never agreed to that or showed sympathy to that cause.
6. You cannot use hate to fight hate. Because of this, I have resolved not to hate the great Igbo race. However, Igbos should realise that I am just one person. I can assertively tell you that many Urhobos are suspicious of Igbos mainly because of the things they read online, statements that Igbos make against us, and the act of adding Urhoboland to maps without consulting with us.

Thank you!

4 Likes

Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by fratermathy(m): 10:12pm On Mar 26, 2017
paschu:
Sorry, I did not notice your first post. But here's what I responded to:

I don't know how long you have been in this section, but I have seen your people literally threaten Igbos with genocide and boasted how your women poisoned our men during the war. See, just pretend to be an igbo person for a while, then go on and Google Igbo and see if you can stomach the sheer volume of igbophobia that shows up.

This country is no loger worth it.

You should know that some other ethnic groups create accounts and hide under Urhobo to cause havoc online.

Again, any Urhobo that threatens Igbo with genocide or boasted of poisoning Igbo men must have been provoked to say that. Just the way Igbos are provoked on a daily basis by people of other ethnicities, so also Urhobos are provoked by Igbos on a daily basis. We usually ignore such posts but every once in a while, you may encounter someone or another that reacts to the provocations and ends up creating more problems.

But take this from me: any self-proclaimed Urhobo that goes from thread to thread inciting Igbos and causing problems is definitely NOT an Urhobo. He may be a member of the many numbers of ethnicities that have problems with Igbos. Some of these people would use another ethnic group to create issues so that it would appear that Igbos are hated by everyone, even their closest neighbours.

My above point also implies that there are some members of other ethnicities that impersonate Igbos and make statements aimed at causing problems. However, how we, the known members of the ethnicity, respond to those statements is what matters. When I came to this thread, I used Urhobo and English to charge the Op (assuming he is an Urhobo) to leave Igbos and Biafra alone and focus on Urhobo. I expect Igbos to do the same to those (Igbo or impostor) who cause problems online and preach hate.

My charge to all is that we should learn to ignore certain provocations and return hate with love, or at least a passive interest. Hate cannot be used to fight hate else the world would be embroiled in war. Before our various ethnic identities, we are first humans! Let us appeal to that humanity in us and realise that insulting, denigrating, debasing or slamming other people's identity and ethnicity is nothing short of childishness, stupidity, illiteracy, and shows a lack of exposure, maturity and humanity.
Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by fratermathy(m): 10:23pm On Mar 26, 2017
paschu:
Can you explain what you meant at the bolded? That statement does not make any sense to me.

And by the way, do you have any idea how many times the igbos have been targeted for evil in this country, and other ethicities kept being indifferent? I guess you don't. And that's why you are insensitive enough to ascribe your tribe's igbophobic behaviors to online discourse.

Everyone cannot like you. In Delta State, Itsekiris hate Urhobos and vice versa. Ijaws hate Itsekiris and vice versa. So also with Igbos. Many ethnic nationalities dislike Igbos for a number of reasons, just as Igbos dislike them in return for a number of reasons.

This is not to say all Igbos, Urhobos, Itsekiris and Ijaws are caught in this circle of hate!!! Just that many of them, especially the untravelled or uneducated ones, exhibit the ethnic hatred.

Igbos have been targeted in the nation many times, I certainly agree with this but most are not because they are Igbos but mainly as a result of religious strife, especially in the North. Igbos represent Christianity in Nigeria and Northerners/Muslims who go on religious rampages are quick to use Igbos to count scores. The only real ethnically motivated violence against Igbos was in 1966 when Aguiyi Ironsi's coup was perceived as an Igbo coup against the Hausas.

We can also not zero out the fact that many Igbos also propagate hate themselves by the statements they make. This is true for the Igbos that are online. The present generation of Igbos need to understand a whole lot of things. Even if you achieve Biafra today, you will still stay and trade in Nigerian cities, and thus, establish diplomatic relations. Can you do so with hate?

Let's not talk too much because all these won't do much. The message has been passed. There is tribalism in Nigeria and it is shown by ALL ethnic groups. However, those who are enlightened should stand up against it when it is observed.
Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by Nobody: 10:35pm On Mar 26, 2017
It annoys me when I hear Urhobo and other tiny tribes shout 'WE DON'T WANT BIAFRA'.
Let me make it clear here that Biafra is for igbos and igbos alone, all igbos groups in SE and SS alone.
We don't want URHOBO.

3 Likes

Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by bantudra: 11:27pm On Mar 26, 2017
toofit007:
what do you mean when you said 'insulting us', do you know that there is different between 'people like you' and 'all of you' what i said was that we shall educated people like you; i never said we shall educate all of you. of course i know many of my niger delta brothers are educated and example is goodluck ebele jonathan. hence, i can never insult you people because it is not in my blood. shalom.

soo..i should be educated but jonathan not after loosing 1/3 of the territory he was in charge of to boko haram...
Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by bantudra: 11:29pm On Mar 26, 2017
1Rebel:
You guys should ignore this little kid. Hopefully, his parents would seize his phone and save us all from such sheer stupidity and proud ignorance.

thx for your insult..more reason that the delta can not join biafra... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by bantudra: 11:31pm On Mar 26, 2017
enigma3000:

was only quoting bob marley
just free ursef from political slavery
hv a nice day

what you have with bob marley...?? are you in love with him??..sometype of gay stuff??...
Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by bantudra: 11:38pm On Mar 26, 2017
trendingsleek:
CARRY YOUR BIAFRA SOMEWHERE AND DONT DISTURB THE PEACE OF PEOPLE. DONT WAGE WAR, JUST CALL ALL YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS TO EAST PUT ROAD BLOCKS AT ONITSHA BRIDGE AND STAY THERE. WHEN YOU ARE TIRED REMOVE THE ROAD BLOCKS. INSTEAD OF BLAMING THE PRESIDENT HAVE U ASKED YOUR STUPID GOVERNORS TO PROVIDE THE NECESSARY THINGS FOR FOR? WERE THERE NOT ALLOCATIONS FOR EACH STATES? SOMEBODY DEY CORNER DEY CHOP UNA FUTURE UNA DEY HERE DEY SHOUT BIAFRA!!! CONFUSED AFONJAS

thx...you explained it in a simple way...some officers killed people,the hausas,those morons in the north massackered innocent igbos,in return the moronns in the east,called igbos,want to get revenge till today..anybody that try to tell them all this madness started with some few criminals is labeled traitors..

what a bunch of rubbish..

i only care who started the killing first...those are the ones we suppose to prosecute,not a entire tribe..

we deltans want nothing to do with this madness...!!

leave the delta out of this madness!!!.... angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by AgentSmith001: 11:41pm On Mar 26, 2017
Fratermathy.you have spoken so well on this thread.in fact ur maturity drove away hate mongers out of the thread.

Oghene bless you and ur households

who knows,just maybe with the maturity you have shown here.I think there is light at the end of the tunnel. the urhobos might become one of our greatest ally in the so called SS

1 Like

Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by bantudra: 11:50pm On Mar 26, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:
The OP of this post is the reason why the Niger Delta is continually being exploited with little coming back to her communities. You are fool to believe in Nigeria.

I'm guessing you're not in the country or probably grew up with a silver spoon. You just dunno anything.

i rather believe in one nigeria than watch people die.....

lets be honest:
nobody is capable to marginalize igbos,no matter were they are in the world..

your way of thinking is blocking you,not realy others...
Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by bantudra: 11:53pm On Mar 26, 2017
BlakKluKluxKlan:

How wonderful that Afonja has finally become your nightmare such that whoever from outside the yorubaland that speaks against your Biafra must be Afonja. What an achievement, that your dread of Afonja has succeeded in giving the flattinos brain desease.

they made yorubas so popular its nearly unbelievable.....

i am urhobo,as if calling me afonja will make me stop saying my opinion..

as if yorubas have time to impersonate anybody online....

soooo...ridiculous....

2 Likes

Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by ehikwe22: 11:54pm On Mar 26, 2017
fratermathy:
Oniovo Bantudra,

Mavor? Yanji ihwo r'Igbo vwo biko. Ihwo na morue mamor. Vwo mlo obor a ta rawansie? Biko, yanjia wo vi Biafra r'ayen.

Dont speak for other tribes in Delta State. No one gave us that right. Speak only for Urhobo-Isoko, our people.

All the so-called Delta Igbos are Igbos after all and have a right to join their kin in any movement or country.

My problem is with Igbos or iPob adding non Igboid tribes to their Biafra. Urhobo-Isoko was never part of the original Biafra. Even the so-called Delta Igbos were not part of Biafra. So I see no historical, cultural, linguistic or political basis by which Urhobo-Isoko should join the Igbo struggle when we have ours.

So far, I've never seen any Urhobo/Isoko person that even sympathises with the Biafran cause. UPU, the mother union of all Urhobo people, has asserted Urhobo's stand in the matter. We were never, are not and can never be Biafrans.

Biafra is an Igbo struggle and if they want to achieve it, they shouldn't play Lugard and add uninterested and unrelated people.

The Urhobos have more affinity with Edo & Yoruba than Igbo. On Nigeria we stand. In Nigeria we remain.

Our many issues shall be addressed one day and should there be need for secession, we have our own voice for that and are capable of having our own Urhobo country!

This thread is definitely not needed. Don't speak for other groups at all. Delta is diverse and acknowledge it.

And @Bridget95: Urhobo is the largest tribe in Delta State with a population of at least 2m. We occupy Delta Central and Delta South. We have settlements in Edo, Bayelsa and Ondo States. After Ijaw, we come next as the second most populous tribe in the South South.

Uckennety & others: Becareful of how you insult people's tribes. The Internet never forgets. Igbos have shown Urhobos nothing but hate and spite. And these are the same people who want us in their Biafra by force. Just because you are larger than us doesn't make you more important. Tribalism is what is affecting the bulk of Igbos today and as long as you guys let that hate fester, your lot will never change in the nation!

I still appreciate Igbos like Amarabae who are sensitive to minorities and use their words carefully. Amara, and others like you, I say Ndewo! Enemies should not be created where there are none. Urhobos and Igbos have been neighbours, peaceful ones at that, from time immemorial. We have never claimed to be the same people or share the same goals. Let us all respect that. These online miscreants and tribalistic bigots are actually doing more harm than good and creating enemies of neighbours!
Do you know the history and culture of the so called "Delta Igbo"? Apart from in language, do you think you are closer to Edo than them? Who are you to declare them Igbos when majority of them say they are not Igbo? If you don't know anything about the so called delta Igbos, go to Agbor and research about their history, cultures and traditions, kingship, music and every other things. Forget whatever politically inspired tales you have heard in your area and go for research in places like Agbor
Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by bantudra: 11:56pm On Mar 26, 2017
fratermathy:
Oniovo Bantudra,

Mavor? Yanji ihwo r'Igbo vwo biko. Ihwo na morue mamor. Vwo mlo obor a ta rawansie? Biko, yanjia wo vi Biafra r'ayen.

Dont speak for other tribes in Delta State. No one gave us that right. Speak only for Urhobo-Isoko, our people.

All the so-called Delta Igbos are Igbos after all and have a right to join their kin in any movement or country.

My problem is with Igbos or iPob adding non Igboid tribes to their Biafra. Urhobo-Isoko was never part of the original Biafra. Even the so-called Delta Igbos were not part of Biafra. So I see no historical, cultural, linguistic or political basis by which Urhobo-Isoko should join the Igbo struggle when we have ours.

So far, I've never seen any Urhobo/Isoko person that even sympathises with the Biafran cause. UPU, the mother union of all Urhobo people, has asserted Urhobo's stand in the matter. We were never, are not and can never be Biafrans.

Biafra is an Igbo struggle and if they want to achieve it, they shouldn't play Lugard and add uninterested and unrelated people.

The Urhobos have more affinity with Edo & Yoruba than Igbo. On Nigeria we stand. In Nigeria we remain.

Our many issues shall be addressed one day and should there be need for secession, we have our own voice for that and are capable of having our own Urhobo country!

This thread is definitely not needed. Don't speak for other groups at all. Delta is diverse and acknowledge it.

And @Bridget95: Urhobo is the largest tribe in Delta State with a population of at least 2m. We occupy Delta Central and Delta South. We have settlements in Edo, Bayelsa and Ondo States. After Ijaw, we come next as the second most populous tribe in the South South.

Uckennety & others: Becareful of how you insult people's tribes. The Internet never forgets. Igbos have shown Urhobos nothing but hate and spite. And these are the same people who want us in their Biafra by force. Just because you are larger than us doesn't make you more important. Tribalism is what is affecting the bulk of Igbos today and as long as you guys let that hate fester, your lot will never change in the nation!

I still appreciate Igbos like Amarabae who are sensitive to minorities and use their words carefully. Amara, and others like you, I say Ndewo! Enemies should not be created where there are none. Urhobos and Igbos have been neighbours, peaceful ones at that, from time immemorial. We have never claimed to be the same people or share the same goals. Let us all respect that. These online miscreants and tribalistic bigots are actually doing more harm than good and creating enemies of neighbours!

okay....i just dont want calamities to befall us...
Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by ehikwe22: 12:06am On Mar 27, 2017
fratermathy:

Thank you!
I implore you to stop using this term "Delta Ibos". There is nothing like Delta Igbos. We have our political name which is Anioma but apart from that, each of us have our closely related ethnicity and we agreed to merge it into a new identity called Anioma. I as an Ika man doesn't have anything to do with Igbo hence it's rude to refer me with anything Igbo. There are only few Anioma towns with Igbo ancestry and these few also have some little Edo migrants. I can trace my ancestry back from 600 years and they're all Edo names up to my father's name. My own name is strictly Ika name and has nothing to do with Igbo. I'm not here to write much but I'm sure you've taken note.

2 Likes

Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by uckennety(m): 12:06am On Mar 27, 2017
ehikwe22:
Do you know the history and culture of the so called "Delta Igbo"? Apart from in language, do you think you are closer to Edo than them? Who are you to declare them Igbos when majority of them say they are not Igbo? If you don't know anything about the so called delta Igbos, go to Agbor and research about their history, cultures and traditions, kingship, music and every other things. Forget whatever politically inspired tales you have heard in your area and go for research in places like Agbor

Who are you to declare dem non-igbos

And how do you mean by majority of dem don't want to be igbos?

Mr just respect ur worthless self

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

2023: How APC Will Win Presidential Election, Reclaim Edo — Oshiomhole / Obioma: NECO Debunks Rumour Of Assassination, Says He Died Of Heart Failure In M / Edward Onoja Sworn In As Kogi Deputy Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.