Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,815,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. (24383 Views)

APC Is The Only Party That Believes In Youths – Governor Bello / Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? / Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by bantudra: 2:30pm On Mar 26, 2017
you biafrans sef...behaving as if you are the second coming of jesus christ..who begged una to be saved....??
Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by enigma3000: 2:33pm On Mar 26, 2017
bantudra:

bob marley was a drug addict and was not a black man like me...the same way obama is not a black man..

bob marley was white...
was only quoting bob marley
just free ursef from political slavery
hv a nice day

2 Likes

Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by toofit007: 2:36pm On Mar 26, 2017
bantudra:

educate,,..stop insulting us the ol time..we deltans went to school just like you........

we didnt begged you to be saved...better stop now...
what do you mean when you said 'insulting us', do you know that there is different between 'people like you' and 'all of you' what i said was that we shall educated people like you; i never said we shall educate all of you. of course i know many of my niger delta brothers are educated and example is goodluck ebele jonathan. hence, i can never insult you people because it is not in my blood. shalom.

1 Like

Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by 1Rebel: 2:39pm On Mar 26, 2017
You guys should ignore this little kid. Hopefully, his parents would seize his phone and save us all from such sheer stupidity and proud ignorance.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by trendingsleek: 2:55pm On Mar 26, 2017
CARRY YOUR BIAFRA SOMEWHERE AND DONT DISTURB THE PEACE OF PEOPLE. DONT WAGE WAR, JUST CALL ALL YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS TO EAST PUT ROAD BLOCKS AT ONITSHA BRIDGE AND STAY THERE. WHEN YOU ARE TIRED REMOVE THE ROAD BLOCKS. INSTEAD OF BLAMING THE PRESIDENT HAVE U ASKED YOUR STUPID GOVERNORS TO PROVIDE THE NECESSARY THINGS FOR FOR? WERE THERE NOT ALLOCATIONS FOR EACH STATES? SOMEBODY DEY CORNER DEY CHOP UNA FUTURE UNA DEY HERE DEY SHOUT BIAFRA!!! CONFUSED AFONJAS
Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by Nobody: 3:55pm On Mar 26, 2017
The OP of this post is the reason why the Niger Delta is continually being exploited with little coming back to her communities. You are fool to believe in Nigeria.

I'm guessing you're not in the country or probably grew up with a silver spoon. You just dunno anything.

2 Likes

Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 3:57pm On Mar 26, 2017
KINGOFTHEEAST:
What is this afonja doing by this time of the night? I have said it and will continue saying it these people are evil when others sre sleeping they sre awake thinking and wishing evil for others who knows whether this op has not performed some spiritual quickies before coming online

How wonderful that Afonja has finally become your nightmare such that whoever from outside the yorubaland that speaks against your Biafra must be Afonja. What an achievement, that your dread of Afonja has succeeded in giving the flattinos brain desease.
Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by fratermathy(m): 4:30pm On Mar 26, 2017
Oniovo Bantudra,

Mavor? Yanji ihwo r'Igbo vwo biko. Ihwo na morue mamor. Vwo mlo obor a ta rawansie? Biko, yanjia wo vi Biafra r'ayen.

Dont speak for other tribes in Delta State. No one gave us that right. Speak only for Urhobo-Isoko, our people.

All the so-called Delta Igbos are Igbos after all and have a right to join their kin in any movement or country.

My problem is with Igbos or iPob adding non Igboid tribes to their Biafra. Urhobo-Isoko was never part of the original Biafra. Even the so-called Delta Igbos were not part of Biafra. So I see no historical, cultural, linguistic or political basis by which Urhobo-Isoko should join the Igbo struggle when we have ours.

So far, I've never seen any Urhobo/Isoko person that even sympathises with the Biafran cause. UPU, the mother union of all Urhobo people, has asserted Urhobo's stand in the matter. We were never, are not and can never be Biafrans.

Biafra is an Igbo struggle and if they want to achieve it, they shouldn't play Lugard and add uninterested and unrelated people.

The Urhobos have more affinity with Edo & Yoruba than Igbo. On Nigeria we stand. In Nigeria we remain.

Our many issues shall be addressed one day and should there be need for secession, we have our own voice for that and are capable of having our own Urhobo country!

This thread is definitely not needed. Don't speak for other groups at all. Delta is diverse and acknowledge it.

And @Bridget95: Urhobo is the largest tribe in Delta State with a population of at least 2m. We occupy Delta Central and Delta South. We have settlements in Edo, Bayelsa and Ondo States. After Ijaw, we come next as the second most populous tribe in the South South.

Uckennety & others: Becareful of how you insult people's tribes. The Internet never forgets. Igbos have shown Urhobos nothing but hate and spite. And these are the same people who want us in their Biafra by force. Just because you are larger than us doesn't make you more important. Tribalism is what is affecting the bulk of Igbos today and as long as you guys let that hate fester, your lot will never change in the nation!

I still appreciate Igbos like Amarabae who are sensitive to minorities and use their words carefully. Amara, and others like you, I say Ndewo! Enemies should not be created where there are none. Urhobos and Igbos have been neighbours, peaceful ones at that, from time immemorial. We have never claimed to be the same people or share the same goals. Let us all respect that. These online miscreants and tribalistic bigots are actually doing more harm than good and creating enemies of neighbours!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by Jodha(f): 4:37pm On Mar 26, 2017
No Niger Deltan support biafra.. We just dey look them.. After dem fight finish.. If dey succeed they'll go their own..

Then we'll rise up for our own... Niger Delta Republic..

It's only a fool that'll do things with an igbo man without his eyes open.. We all know the only reason they want us.. Is because of oil. .

We say NO to biafra.. We're not part of them..!

1 Like

Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by KINGOFTHEEAST: 4:51pm On Mar 26, 2017
BlakKluKluxKlan:

How wonderful that Afonja has finally become your nightmare such that whoever from outside the yorubaland that speaks against your Biafra must be Afonja. What an achievement, that your dread of Afonja has succeeded in giving the flattinos brain desease.
middle finger
Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by KINGOFTHEEAST: 4:52pm On Mar 26, 2017
Jodha:
No Niger Deltan support biafra.. We just dey look them.. After dem fight finish.. If dey succeed they'll go their own..

It's only a fool that'll do things with an igbo man without his eyes open.. We all know the only reason they want us.. Is because of oil. .

I smell afonja a Muslim one

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by Amarabae(f): 4:55pm On Mar 26, 2017
fratermathy:
Oniovo Bantudra,

Mavor? Yanji ihwo r'Igbo vwo biko. Ihwo na morue mamor. Vwo mlo obor a ta rawansie? Biko, yanjia wo vi Biafra ayen.

Dont speak for other tribes in Delta State. No one gave us that right. Speak only for Urhobo-Isoko, our people.

All the so-called Delta Igbos are Igbos after all and have a right to join their kins in any movement or country.

My problem is with Igbos or iPob adding non Igboid tribes to their Biafra. Urhobo-Isoko was never part of the original Biafra. Even the so-called Delta Igbos were not part of Biafra. So I see so historical, cultural, linguistic or political basis by which Urhobo-Isoko should join the Igbo struggle when we have ours.

So far, I've never seen any Urhobo/Isoko person that even sympathises with the Biafran cause. UPU, the mother union of all Urhobo people, has asserted Urhobo's stand in the matter. We were never, are not and can never be Biafrans.

Biafra is an Igbo struggle and if they want to achieve it, they shouldn't play Lugard and add uninterested and unrelated people.

The Urhobos have more affinity with Edo & Yoruba than Igbo. On Nigeria we stand. In Nigeria we remain.

Our many issues shall be addressed one day and should there be need for secession, we have our own voice for that and are capable of having our own Urhobo country!

This thread is definitely not needed. Don't speak for other groups at all. Delta is diverse and acknowledge it.

And @Bridget25: Urhobo is the largest tribe in Delta State with a population of at least 2m. We occupy Delta Central and Delta South. We have settlements in Edo, Bayelsa and Ondo States. After Ijaw, we come next as the second most populous tribe in the South South.

Becareful of how you insult people's tribes. The Internet never forgets. Igbos have shown Urhobos nothing but hate and spite. And these are the same people who want us in their Biafra by force. Just because you are larger than us doesn't make you more important. Tribalism is what is affecting the bulk of Igbos today and as long as you guys let that hate fester, your lot will never change in the nation!

I still appreciate Igbos like Amarabae who are sensitive to minorities and use their words well. Amara, and others like you, I say Ndewo!
I admire your writeup, we all should appreciate Nnamdi kanu for atleast putting the Northern oilwell cabals on nervous mode, but the issue of seccession is a delicate one, its like a project and need strong backup.
I travelled to Japan in 2012 with my boyfriend then(now my husband) in one of his business trips, I had to opportunity to visit one of their schools in the capital and love how they learn in Japanese, technological knowledge was fast transferred to them in local language.
that is the beauty of homogenous country and I will love that for the Igbos.
When i made this suggestion, they abused me in that thread.
I just left them. A woman's opinion to them is like a sacriliage.
Another thing is that you said that Igbos hate urhobos, that is a Lie!
why will Igbos hate you people? Pls lets stop promoting falsehood.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by Jodha(f): 4:58pm On Mar 26, 2017
KINGOFTHEEAST:
I smell afonja a Muslim one

You're mistaken..

yhu smell yhur sh_t..

Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by awesomeboi(m): 5:10pm On Mar 26, 2017
[quote author=bantudra post=54950656]

then they are not deltans...read my topic again...its time we draw a line,you south east,me south south...period
And wat is so special about ss
Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by durangokid: 5:14pm On Mar 26, 2017
bantudra:

he just told you...what do you want to hear??...

tell me any other black nation that comes close to the achievement of nigeria...i mean purely black...
Are you really sure you are telling yourself the truth
Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by durangokid: 5:21pm On Mar 26, 2017
bantudra:

we have the most strongest army among the black nations...

no other black nation comes near our achievements...
You are living in the past, you think BIAFRA is about fighting war, how old are you, I can see you are still thinking like under let me tell you mark it here before 8 years from now there will be BIAFRA, especially with the mistake of buhari arresting kanu

2 Likes

Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by durangokid: 5:22pm On Mar 26, 2017
bantudra:

we have the most strongest army among the black nations...

no other black nation comes near our achievements...
You are living in the past, you think BIAFRA is about fighting war, how old are you, I can see you are still thinking like under 15 let me tell you mark it here before 8 years from now there will be BIAFRA, especially with the mistake of buhari arresting kanu

4 Likes

Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by Ukaegbuagbaieni: 6:22pm On Mar 26, 2017
bantudra:
if you come from the area called south south or known as delta and believe in biafra,then you can not be a deltan..

you can not split yourself anyhow you like and call your self belonging to a region the same time..

its either you are south south or south east...you can not be both the same time.....

its getting very annoying that some igbos always say rubbish as ss and se..

ss is not toghether with the se...our different tribes is prove...

better stop it ones and for all.... angry
op you know you are a kid when you grow up you'll understand southeast and southsouth are one body. All hail Biafra

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by Bridget95(f): 6:26pm On Mar 26, 2017
fratermathy:
Oniovo Bantudra,

Mavor? Yanji ihwo r'Igbo vwo biko. Ihwo na morue mamor. Vwo mlo obor a ta rawansie? Biko, yanjia wo vi Biafra r'ayen.

All the so-called Delta Igbos are Igbos after all and have a right to join their kins in any movement or country.

My problem is with Igbos or iPob adding non Igboid tribes to their Biafra. Urhobo-Isoko was never part of the original Biafra. Even the so-called Delta Igbos were not part of Biafra. So I see so historical, cultural, linguistic or political basis by which Urhobo-Isoko should join the Igbo struggle when we have ours.

And @Bridget95: Urhobo is the largest tribe in Delta State with a population of at least 2m. We occupy Delta Central and Delta South. We have settlements in Edo, Bayelsa and Ondo States. After Ijaw, we come next as the second most populous tribe in the South South.

Uckennety & others: Becareful of how you insult people's tribes. The Internet never forgets. Igbos have shown Urhobos nothing but hate and spite. And these are the same people who want us in their Biafra by force. Just because you are larger than us doesn't make you more important. Tribalism is what is affecting the bulk of Igbos today and as long as you guys let that hate fester, your lot will never change in the nation!

I still appreciate Igbos like Amarabae who are sensitive to minorities and use their words carefully. Amara, and others like you, I say Ndewo! Enemies should not be created where there are none. Urhobos and Igbos have been neighbours, peaceful ones at that, from time immemorial. We have never claimed to be the same people or share the same goals. Let us all respect that. These online miscreants and triablistic bigots are actually doing more harm than good and creating enemies of neighbours!
I am hearing for the first time that urohbo-isoko is bigger than Ibibio-Efik ,Beni's, and any ethnic nationality in the southsouth apart from Ijaws. clap 4 ya self !

Igbos don't and have never had any confrontation with any beloved ethnic groups of the Niger Delta.we have shown them love from time immemorial. this is to clarify you on that misguided statement.

4 Likes

Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by mich24(m): 6:33pm On Mar 26, 2017
Agbaletu:
I have some friends from Umunede and they support Biafra. I don't think you are in the position to speak for the whole of Deltans.

He is not from any around niger delta
Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by Bridget95(f): 6:39pm On Mar 26, 2017
Jodha:

They told the ancestors of the so called SS that igbos needed their oil,they sabotaged and hated igbos until the North & SW took away all the oil wells and jobs.

Igbos rebounded after less than 50yrs and so of them still believe that oil is the answer to greatness of a country.

if a country can't produce what it uses but depends on depletable none renewable resources like oil,one day the oil will become useless or exhausted and their will be nothing to fall back on.

3 Likes

Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by fratermathy(m): 6:51pm On Mar 26, 2017
Bridget95:
I am hearing for the first time that urohbo-isoko is bigger than Ibibio-Efik ,Beni's, and any ethnic nationality in the southsouth apart from Ijaws. clap 4 ya self !

Igbos don't and have never had any confrontation with any beloved ethnic groups of the Niger Delta.we have shown them love from time immemorial. this is to clarify you on that misguided statement.

Yes. I am positive about that. Efik-Ibibio are separate groups and cannot be seen as one except they eventually unite. Bini is a micro-minority, even in Edo State. The most populated ethnic group in Edo is Esan, not Bini. I am not surprised that you don't know small facts like this.

Only Urhobo has 2m people estimated and the figures, in reality, is more than this. Isoko has 1m. Though many would separate them in the name of politics, we are historically, culturally and ethnolinguistically the same people. When combined, we have 3m in Delta State alone. The true figure would be somewhere around 5-6m if an honest census is undertaken.

Igbos have never shown love to Western Igbos, talk less of Urhobo-Isoko! As an Urhobo who grew up with Igbos as neighbours, I have always been indifferent towards Igbos but on joining Nairaland, I came to the harsh reality that Igbos hate Urhobos because we don't align with them. There is nothing nice an Igbo has said about Urhobos since I joined Nairaland. Even on ground, Igbos never attempt to extend hands of friendship and fellowship. They are content with annexing us and cursing us for speaking against it. Even on this thread, you and your cohorts have shown yourselves to be the true depiction of Igbo's apathy and hatred of Urhobos! Sadly, but honestly, that is how other ethnic groups will be treated in your Biafra. I can only pity for them because I know Urhobo will never share that grim fate.
Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by fratermathy(m): 7:00pm On Mar 26, 2017
Amarabae:
I admire your writeup, we all should appreciate Nnamdi kanu for atleast putting the Northern oilwell cabals on nervous mode, but the issue of seccession is a delicate one, its like a project and need strong backup.
I travelled to Japan in 2012 with my boyfriend then(now my husband) in one of his business trips, I had to opportunity to visit one of their schools in the capital and love how they learn in Japanese, technological knowledge was fast transferred to them in local language.
that is the beauty of homogenous country and I will love that for the Igbos.
When i made this suggestion, they abused me in that thread.
I just left them. A woman's opinion to them is like a sacriliage.
Another thing is that you said that Igbos hate urhobos, that is a Lie!
why will Igbos hate you people? Pls lets stop promoting falsehood.

I have heard and experienced hatred from Igbos, both online and in person, to know that the majority of Igbos are apathetic to Urhobos because we don't support secession. Many see us as extensions of the Edo/Yoruba and treat us as they would an "Afonja"!

This is not to say there aren't any non-tribalistic persons. After all, I cited you as one of such. If you are non-tribalistic, it implies that you are bound to associate more with non-tribalistic persons like yourself and you would not see or experience what I am saying. But trust me when I say 80% of Igbo youths, especially those that are online, have a deep hatred for Urhobos. This thread, and many others like this, can prove the point to you.

If Igbos have no hatred for Urhobos, when they see threads like this, they appeal to reason, rather than tribalism and insults. The Op revealed that he is an Urhobo, then Bridget95 and Uckennety, among others, took the opportunity to throw tantrums like children against the Urhobo people. This is not an isolated reaction. Many don't see beyond their ethnic group. For a group that wants other ethnicities in Biafra, Igbos are certainly too tribalistic and many are filled with hate. This is the main reason why even Igboid groups like Ikwerre and the Anioma are suspicious of Biafra. If you can't treat other ethnicities well in Nigeria, what will change when you get your Biafra? Or will the tribalists -which are in the high majority, I must add- be expunged from the newly found nation?

I am not being an Igbo hater here. You know I am saying the plain truth. I have repeated this point over and over again online and many Igbos, instead of addressing the issue, start attacking my person and the Urhobo nation as a whole. A people moved by emotions and sentiments must be dealt with carefully or else....
Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by Amarabae(f): 7:12pm On Mar 26, 2017
fratermathy:

I have heard and experienced hatred from Igbos, both online and in person, to know that the majority of Igbos are apathetic to Urhobos because we don't support secession. Many see us as extensions of the Edo/Yoruba and treat us as they would an "Afonja"!

This is not to say there aren't any non-tribalistic persons. After all, I cited you as one of such. If you are non-tribalistic, it implies that you are bound to associate more with non-tribalistic persons like yourself and you would not see or experience what I am saying. But trust me when I say 80% of Igbo youths, especially those that are online, have a deep hatred for Urhobos. This thread, and many others like this, can prove the point to you.

If Igbos have no hatred for Urhobos, when they see threads like this, they appeal to reason, rather than tribalism and insults. The Op revealed that he is an Urhobo, then Bridget95 and Uckennety, among others, took the opportunity to throw tantrums like children against the Urhobo people. This is not an isolated reaction. Many don't see beyond their ethnic group. For a group that want other ethnicities in Biafra, Igbos are certainly too tribalistic and many are filled with hate.

I am not being an Igbo hater here. You know I am saying the plain truth.
Social Media is not real life dear, That you had a misunderstanding with an Ipob should not be a reason of accusing Igbos of hatred.
Igbos and Ipob are not the same thing.
For example, you want to tell me that a lovely Elderly Teacher from Enugu will hate you if you tell her that you are an urhobo? Does it make any sense?
Dont have a lopsided view of an ethnic group just because of your misunderstanding with few people frnm the group.
And also, if you go to South East, 65% of SE people don't know who the urhobos are, believe me.
So there is no hatred for your people by Igbos.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by Ngozi123(f): 7:15pm On Mar 26, 2017
bantudra:

then stop including the south south to the south east the ol time...the delta igbos can migrate to the south east if they want,,nobody is stopping them...

So this is the crux of the matter; you land grabbers will not get an inch of Igboland so you better start focusing on your own land. I don't know why some people are so concerned about the Igbos... Are we now more important than your own people's problems?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by Bridget95(f): 7:16pm On Mar 26, 2017
fratermathy:

Yes. I am positive about that. Efik-Ibibio are separate groups and cannot be seen as one except they eventually unite. Bini is a micro-minority, even in Edo State. The most populated ethnic group in Edo is Esan, not Bini. I am not surprised that you don't know small facts like this.

Only Urhobo has 2m people estimated and the figures, in reality, is more than this. Isoko has 1m. Though many would separate them in the name of politics, we are historically, culturally and ethnolinguistically the same people. When combined, we have 3m in Delta State alone. The true figure would be somewhere around 5-6m if an honest census is undertaken.

Igbos have never shown love to Western Igbos, talk less of Urhobo-Isoko! As an Urhobo, I have always been indifferent to Igbo but on joining Nairaland, I came to the harsh reality that Igbos hate Urhobos because we don't align with them. There is nothing nice an Igbo has said about Urhobos since I joined Nairaland. Even on ground, Igbos never attempt to extend hands of friendship and fellowship. They are content with annexing us and cursing us for speaking against it. Even on this thread, you and your cohorts have shown yourselves to be the true depiction of Igbo's apathy and hatred of Urhobos!

Benin is the largest ethnic group in Edo.Esan,Owan and Estako, share almost equal numerical strength and Akoko Edo is the least.I have perfect knowledge of the SS and its people.That is that!

Ibibio as an ethnic nationality in Akwa ibom state has an overwhelming population far greater than urohbo let alone Efik present in Cross river is another huge ethnic group.You can see that you are extremely wrong by your assertion plus the millions you ascribe as numerical value of the urhobo population with about 2 LGAs according to your statement.
Your claim that igbos hate urhobo is wrong.you measure hate by actions.I can't remember any action by igbos across the Niger or in delta against urhobo.

3 Likes

Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by fratermathy(m): 7:16pm On Mar 26, 2017
Amarabae:
Social Media is not real life dear, That you had a misunderstanding with an Ipob should not be a reason of accusing Igbos of hatred.
Igbos and Ipob are not the same thing.
For example, you want to tell me that a lovely Elderly Teacher from Enugu will hate you if you tell her that you are an urhobo? Does it make any sense?
Dont have a lopsided view of an ethnic group just because of your misunderstanding with few people frnm the group.
And also, if you go to South East, 65% of SE people don't know who the urhobos are, believe me.
So there is no hatred for your people by Igbos.

Well, maybe I should limit the demography.

80% of Igbos ON THE INTERNET who have heard about the URHOBO people and especially our stand on Biafra, hate us!

Those that don't hate us simply don't know us. Many of them assume that all Deltans are Igbos.
Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by Amarabae(f): 7:25pm On Mar 26, 2017
fratermathy:

Well, maybe I should limit the demography.

80% of Igbos ON THE INTERNET who have heard about the URHOBO people and especially our stand on Biafra, hate us!

Those that don't hate us simply don't know us. Many of them assume that all Deltans are Igbos.
I doubt that. When delta is mentioned in South East, Warri/Sapele comes to mind, many SEners assume you urhobos to be Benin people.
The Igbo I know and the Igbo I am proudly don't have hate in the blood.
You formed your opinion based on the misunderstanding you had online.
Its lopsided.
Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by fratermathy(m): 7:26pm On Mar 26, 2017
Bridget95:
Benin is the largest ethnic group in Edo.Esan,Owan and Estako, share almost equal numerical strength and Akoko Edo is the least.I have perfect knowledge of the SS and its people.That is that!

Ibibio as an ethnic nationality in Akwa ibom state has an overwhelming population far greater than urohbo let alone Efik present in Cross river is another huge ethnic group.You can see that you are extremely wrong by your assertion plus the millions you ascribe as numerical value of the urhobo population with about 2 LGAs according to your statement.
Your claim that igbos hate urhobo is wrong.you measure hate by actions.I can't remember any action by igbos across the Niger or in delta against urhobo.

So in your bigoted mind, Urhobo has only two LGAs abi? Where did you get that information from? This shows you don't even know anything about the South! Now let me educate you a little bit:

Delta State has 5 ethnic groups and 3 senatorial districts. Anioma Igbos occupy ONLY Delta North of 9 LGAs. Ijaws and Itsekiris occupy PART of Delta South - 6 LGAs. Urhobos occupy ALL of Delta Central (Ethiope East, Ethiope West, Uvwie, Okpe, Udu, Ughelli North, Ughelli South, Sapele) and PARTS of Delta South (Warri South, Patani, Isoko South, Isoko North). Urhobos also occupy Sagbama in Bayelsa State (Ofoni town) and Ikpoba Okha in Edo State. Only Delta Central has a population of 1.6m. Delta South has 1.4m. Let us assume Urhobos have a quarter of Delta South's population, that would be equal to 2m and this figure is even a projected one because the reality is far from these political figures.

The entire Edo State has 4m population. Bini has less than 2m. Esan has about 2m, followed by Bini, Etsako, Afenmai, etc. Bini is nowhere near Urhobo population.

The Ibibio is a small ethnic group. What you think of as Ibibio is actually a cluster of Ibibio, Ananng, Oron, Eket (Ekid) and Uruan (Efik). They are related but NOT the same ETHNIC GROUP. When they come together as one, they beat Urhobo but they are not ONE. They don't see themselves as one and that may never change. So, as far as I am concerned Urhobo also beats them.

As for the show of hate, the fact that we are having this conversation and your quickness in undermining Urhobos is an example of Igbo hatred to the Urhobos!
Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by Bridget95(f): 7:29pm On Mar 26, 2017
fratermathy:

If Igbos have no hatred for Urhobos, when they see threads like this, they appeal to reason, rather than tribalism and insults. The Op revealed that he is an Urhobo, then Bridget95 and Uckennety, among others, took the opportunity to throw tantrums like children against the Urhobo people. This is not an isolated reaction. Many don't see beyond their ethnic group. For a group that wants other ethnicities in Biafra, Igbos are certainly too tribalistic and many are filled with hate. This is the main reason why even Igboid groups like Ikwerre and the Anioma are suspicious of Biafra. If you can't treat other ethnicities well in Nigeria, what will change when you get your Biafra? Or will the tribalists -which are in the high majority, I must add- be expunged from the newly found nation?

I am not being an Igbo hater here. You know I am saying the plain truth. I have repeated this point over and over again online and many Igbos, instead of addressing the issue, start attacking my person and the Urhobo nation as a whole. A people moved by emotions and sentiments must be dealt with carefully or else....
The first time I came across an urhobo person was when I visited delta state,ever since I stepped out of that area I have not come across any.
Many igbos at home and away have no either of urhobo let alone hating them.

We have no qualms about people who are themselves. we are loving and accommodating as well as understanding.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by fratermathy(m): 7:31pm On Mar 26, 2017
Amarabae:
I doubt that. When delta is mentioned in South East, Warri/Sapele comes to mind, many SEners assume you urhobos to be Benin people.
The Igbo I know and the Igbo I am proudly don't have hate in the blood.
You formed your opinion based on the misunderstanding you had online.
Its lopsided.

Would you blame me, and hundreds/thousands more of Urhobos, whose opinions concerning the hatred of Urhobos by Igbos have been birthed on the internet? You certainly can't! The Igbos we come in contact with mostly are those we see online and these are the ones that are quick to insult us, belittle us, denigrate us and annex us. When we speak out, they curse us and insult us. If that is not hate, I wonder what hate is.

It was interesting when I saw "The Igbo I know" because it confirms what I had said "If you are non-tribalistic, it implies that you are bound to associate more with non-tribalistic persons like yourself and you would not see or experience what I am saying"
Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by AgentSmith001: 7:35pm On Mar 26, 2017
fratermathy:
Oniovo Bantudra,

I still appreciate Igbos like Amarabae who are sensitive to minorities and use their words carefully. Amara, and others like you, I say Ndewo! Enemies should not be created where there are none. Urhobos and Igbos have been neighbours, peaceful ones at that, from time immemorial. We have never claimed to be the same people or share the same goals. Let us all respect that. These online miscreants and tribalistic bigots are actually doing more harm than good and creating enemies of neighbours!
. Mathias, you have spoken well.at least there is no anti-igbo meaning to what you posted.I like the new you Mathias keep it up bro

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

Osun Election: Ademola Adeleke Speaks, Warns INEC Against Tampering With Results / Buhari Orders CBN To Blacklist Importers Of Palm Oil, 42 Other Items / Bola Tinubu And Kashim Shettima Arrive Eagles Square (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 179
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.