Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? - Events (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? (59499 Views)

What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? / How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? / Are You Bold Enough To Do Your Wedding With Any Of These Vehicles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by sucobaba(m): 12:29am On Apr 15, 2017
happyheart:
No matter how much my man has to spend, we won't spend more than 400-500k for trad,court and white plus introduction sef.
We go to court on a wed with 2 witnesses each.He wears a suit he already has and I wear a payporte dress..lol
Friday morning, we sit in my bro's living room( dad no dey) As early as 7am. Bride price is paid and we take pics.. and then its straight to church. Wedding will be from 10-11am. No aso ebi but I will inform everyone of my colours for the day. Coffee brown and gold. No one will owe gbese cos of my wedding.
Thank God my church is fine.
The lawn will be decorated and my 30 guests( maybe less cos its a week day. People will be at work..lol)
I have just 2 siblings and 2 friends. My siblings spouses will bring the no to 6 , the other 11 will be from my extended family. My man will bring 15 people too=30.. Lol.
I have planned it down to the last item.
I will rent my wedding gown for 20 k,my man will rent his tux for 20k as well.
Food, drinks and cake "plus including "small chops= 100k.
The church is already decorated.. Lol..a few balloons here and there will brighten the place.
I love music so a good DJ for 30k. My cousin uncle sam is funny, he will be MC.
My aunty has lived in lagos long enough to know the job of the local mc for the trad. She cant tell me that all the aso ebi she has bought for years in Lagos na waste. She suppose dey observe.
My Nephew and nice will be ring bearer and little bride. No bridal train. My man's friend will be best man and one of my friends will be chief bridesmaid. Finish.
Finally it will be boldly printed on the iv, no gifts only cash. Lord knows we need the cash.. Lol
What else... Honeymoon suite.. All na inside the money.
We don't need cars, church near house.
Souvenirs go be bible...I will get 30 Bibles for 15k at bible house at eko.
Lol..i am damn serious o.
Let me goan call my man to come and read my plan. Lol
impressively detailed

to marry dey hungry me

4 Likes

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Nobody: 12:32am On Apr 15, 2017
If I were to hold a Church wedding (which is doubtful), it won't be a big event. There will be, at most, 60 guests. And the wedding expenses won't exceed N600k or $5k
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by asokid(m): 12:34am On Apr 15, 2017
Juliearth:
I would rather have a semi lowkey wedding so as to minimize cost...there is life after the wedding called marriage and that is what matters more.
baby lets do this.
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Onyemaboy(m): 12:36am On Apr 15, 2017
I spent 810,000 on wedding alone although i had a very simple wedding
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by MrRhymes101(m): 12:37am On Apr 15, 2017
DaniDani:
I love this topic so much. I and my queen are madly in love. Only money issues is the delay here. In this buhari era, #300,000 can't give me a traditional marriage talk less of wedding. For those that have wedded, tell us, let me double my hustling.
Lol when u guys are ready sha consider me for ur MC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3zNZfOwAvA
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by MrRhymes101(m): 12:39am On Apr 15, 2017
MicroBox:
April 22 remains a nightmare until when it's over..
My gal is not co-operating with me at all,keep inviting family and friends both offline and online it's like she don't understand that there is marriage after wedding.
She's busy choosing this and that while I m having difficult time sleeping and eating even when the food is served.
hahahahaha u guys have an MC yet? watch me
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by MrRhymes101(m): 12:45am On Apr 15, 2017
divinelove:
500 to 700k maximum

Do church wedding n trad same day

Dts my plans, though my fiancee wants it done separately n their family is insisting can u imagine angry angry angry
u are marrying the "family" Na so u should please them. watch me MC weddings sha so that when u r ready...
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by buffalowings: 12:46am On Apr 15, 2017
MVLOX:
I nd my fiance re planning for our marriage by December and we re not planning for something big our budget is 300k plus..... This is how we plan to make it work..... 1st all our clothing will be made by her based on the fact that not only is she a brain... A 2:1 graduate of business administration and management but also a very good fashion designer that makes both male and female wears. So she is gonna make all our clothing including her own wedding gown (expect my siut) which won't be white by the way even though she totally deserves to wear a white gown cuz she is a good babe a Virgin.... We both her. We will only have guests of not more than 150 pple. The smaller the better cuz Weda u invite the whole world pple will still come and say u didn't do well.... We want a European theme wedding were we celebrate with just few friends and family. OK so after the wedding talk and processes at our place of worship, a well packaged refreshment will be given to all guests as they step out of the place of worship meaning that there won't be any reception. It could end there but we may decide to further invite fewer friends and family to party a little at my dad's place later that night or evening.... Thats it as easy as that..... Marriage is more Dan the ceremony it's life Afta the ceremony that matters.
really

my brother
you will spend more than that

don't make me laugh
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by MrRhymes101(m): 12:50am On Apr 15, 2017
rose54321:
Mehn I would like a big wedding o, it happens only once in a lifetime(all things being equal).

The difference with me though, is that I'm striving to fund at least half of it.
So if you dream big, work hard to make it a reality.

There's absolutely nothing wrong in planning or hoping to have a big, flamboyant wedding, so long as you can afford it.
wow! neva thought a lady would see things from this angle. when u r ready, let me be a part of d flamboyant wedding ooo

1 Like

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by MVLOX(m): 12:58am On Apr 15, 2017
buffalowings:
really
my brother you will spend more than that
150 don't make me laugh
Bros read well..... Not more than 150 pple meaning it could even be less
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by nkemjacob2(m): 1:01am On Apr 15, 2017
TsaTrinity:
Am budgeting #100m
weti happen na the world u wan host
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by buffalowings: 1:03am On Apr 15, 2017
DavidEsq:

Iffa tear u slap ehn. Wats the issue with "standard of living" not being diminished, wen it wasn't u who did the spending angry. Just look at this Agbaya. And to imagine that u use that brain as a wife. Chai!
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by nkemjacob2(m): 1:03am On Apr 15, 2017
MicroBox:
April 22 remains a nightmare until when it's over..
My gal is not co-operating with me at all,keep inviting family and friends both offline and online it's like she don't understand that there is marriage after wedding.
She's busy choosing this and that while I m having difficult time sleeping and eating even when the food is served.
tell her the budget u have and seriously on ur budget no matter endless want.
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by buffalowings: 1:05am On Apr 15, 2017
menwongo:

I used to think that I have heard the craziest thing in this world until yesterday when someone asked me for NYSC past questions and this your foolish comment
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by SupaTee: 1:06am On Apr 15, 2017
DavidEsq:

Sori bro, I'm kinda lost. How cld I budget 200-300k if I want to spend 500? If I budget 200-300k, wen I actually want to spend 500k, wldnt I start planning within 500k? Practically speaking, u mean if I want to buy a goat and it wld cost me 25k, by ur comment, u mean I shld plan to buy the goat for 15k? Huh, for real?

He is telling u that there are unforseen circumstances that u have to prepare for as well.
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by nkemjacob2(m): 1:07am On Apr 15, 2017
my wedding strictly by invitation...i no want crowd.... i no wan spend high make i come drink garri after wedding....

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Ginaz(f): 1:12am On Apr 15, 2017
nkemjacob2:
my wedding strictly by invitation...i no want crowd.... i no wan spend high make i come drink garri after wedding....

Kikikikiki grin
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by sirfee(m): 1:25am On Apr 15, 2017
grin I am with you bruh...
nkemjacob2:
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by oluwakayd: 1:56am On Apr 15, 2017
Connecting People, Creating Wealth Get 100% (x2) of your Investments minimum of 10 mins and maximum of 7 days. FUNDERSKLUB is a platform for donation, Change your Live by joining FUNDERSKLUB. You do not need to refer anybody, we merge you ourselves automatically and you receive your payment to join click on this link http://www.fundersklub.com/
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Efewestern: 2:24am On Apr 15, 2017
menwongo:
Lol guys will now considered where to marry.
South south:1m
East:2m
North Central:50k
North:10k

Benue State in my mind

south south 1m ke, we have many ethnic groups here, in my culture it's very cheap, we don't sell our girls, you won't spend up to 40k except you want a big marriage.

am urhobo by the way, spending 1m for marriage is damn expensive, am not getting married anytime soon cous am young, but 1.2m, 1m e. tc no be small cash, to make money it's not easy.

maximum I can spend on wedding is 300k and I don't intend doing church wedding.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by teemy(m): 2:37am On Apr 15, 2017
Humility017:

wow..so nice.
can u please give met
tips how u arrived at this with your apouse
just walk to your local govt office to collect the form. wedding can take place 21 days or thereafter. agreement iskey
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by lovethchioma(f): 2:40am On Apr 15, 2017
iyke649:
This is d kind of lady I'd like to hav as a wife. And to think u are from my tribe, am quite amazed and flabbergasted. I love d way u reason. U are really a wife material
Thanks dear.... I just pray you'll find a good woman... and the rest will be history.
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by IBreakRules: 2:52am On Apr 15, 2017
TsaTrinity:

Thrice ma nigga since I knew maself...and am still very young....young enough get to the rank of a Field Marshal some day grin
Lol. Do have a happy married life in advance then Field Marshal.
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by BraniacX(m): 2:54am On Apr 15, 2017
blovesther:
Though I'm not a man, I wouldn't want my husband to spend more than 500k for just 200 people angry angry angry
I don't want to go hungry and start counting ceiling after my wedding tongue
but why should your husband be the sole spender?
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Aleora(f): 2:55am On Apr 15, 2017
blovesther:
Though I'm not a man, I wouldn't want my husband to spend more than 500k for just 200 people angry angry angry
I don't want to go hungry and start counting ceiling after my wedding tongue
I wonder the kind of wedding in this buhari era
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Aleora(f): 2:59am On Apr 15, 2017
Sleekydee:
What me i dont understand now is, is the girl not supposed to contribute et all for the wedding? whr does she and her family come in??
ladies contribute....There is no way the man will cater for it alone
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Aleora(f): 3:07am On Apr 15, 2017
Kingso23:
Already have a son with ma bae so I'm so not thinking about marriage anytime sooon
baby daddy

1 Like

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Aleora(f): 3:13am On Apr 15, 2017
nkemjacob2:
weti happen na the world u wan host
no oooo she wan invite Osama bin laden ND to pay him fit costike 70m....Lmao 100m indeed
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Aleora(f): 3:17am On Apr 15, 2017
The replies are encouraging expecially from the ladies ...But I really wish they are saying it from their heart....We know them.....One tin I can say is that Everytime my husband looks at me..He will have every reason to say I bless the day I met you...And for the wedding till then..All I want is a small,classy wedding...

1 Like

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by AreaFada2: 3:57am On Apr 15, 2017
We just overdo things in 9ja. Sew your coat according to your cloth. Copy nobody.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by nnamdibig(m): 4:21am On Apr 15, 2017
mecussey:

I dey tell u, I budget 600k...ended up spending 1m or more minus trad. We Nigerians make life difficult for ourselves sha. Oyibo no dey waste money for wedding.

We go just they spend unnecessarily on an event of about 4hrs. And the worst part is that your eye go open when everybody don go.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Nobody: 4:47am On Apr 15, 2017
We wan do only Traditional and court nko

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Lady Made To Stand During Her Funeral (photo) / Man Who Invited Strippers To His Wedding Celebrates Birthday With Scary Cake / Nice Pictures Of Unique Cakes For Nigerian Traditional Weddings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.