Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? - Events (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? (59496 Views)

What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? / How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? / Are You Bold Enough To Do Your Wedding With Any Of These Vehicles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by idu1(m): 11:08pm On Apr 14, 2017
Jagabanmonerry:
Bros, I concurred with you, am vr sure we can possibly do that in our place. From ur moniker, I know u are from Okland.....

I am from Okland bro..

Etemeya

1 Like

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Humility017(m): 11:11pm On Apr 14, 2017
MISSCONGENIALITY:
I would like to have just the two immediate families and not more that 10friends of the couple during my time. Don't have time for crowd. I would prefer it to be simple if my future spouse approves it.
can I be that man..

please?
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by DavidEsq(m): 11:14pm On Apr 14, 2017
HARDDON:

He is very right. It is only dream that u shoot very high so that even if u dont hit it, you wud be very close. As for money n expenses n budget, we usually plan llow n leave room for exigencies.

Dont wait to learn d hard way gee
Tnx OG.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by MaziOmenuko: 11:24pm On Apr 14, 2017
DavidEsq:

Wow! Bro, u have a really good family. Mine is made up of demons. I mean, real life demons. Especially my immediate family. Burned the house down, with everyone in it, several times, in my head

Dude, are you okk?

Sleekyshuga:

Abia State

Wifey and I are both from Abia. After sorting out everything in the list, my father in law said to me, "did you see me collect any bride price? I didn't because I want you to use it and take care of my daughter. Anyday you lay your hands on her, I will come for you".

I looked at him like...dude relax, the items in the list are more expensive than any bride price you would have asked for...

Thank goodness I didn't say it out shaa.

8 Likes

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by yommy20(f): 11:27pm On Apr 14, 2017
I don't need crowd on my wedding day, I prefer going to registry and doing engagement only, not spending much. Based on strategic management

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by nwadiuko1(m): 11:28pm On Apr 14, 2017
Stevengerd:
Hmm! I Own U A Can Of Malt
hey
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by watered(m): 11:28pm On Apr 14, 2017
grin

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Sleekyshuga(f): 11:28pm On Apr 14, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

Wifey and I are both from Abia. After sorting out everything in the list, my father in law said to me, "did you see me collect any bride price? I didn't because I want you to use it and take care of my daughter. Anyday you lay your hands on her, I will come for you".

I looked at him like...dude relax, the items in the list are more expensive than any bride price you would have asked for...

Hahahahaha.. Well, like I said, it still depends on the family but then, I know outsiders pay more than the insiders..

Mazi is married cheesy? Congratulations. I use to follow your stories way back.. You made Literature section fun..
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by iyke649(m): 11:30pm On Apr 14, 2017
Mypeople2:
Bro, carry go. Ask her out....now that it is hot
Lolz.
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by mecussey(m): 11:30pm On Apr 14, 2017
nnamdibig:
I budgeted 800k for my wedding but ended up spending 1.2
It's very difficult to spend exactly what you budgeted.
If you want to spend 500k start planning with 200-300k if you want to spend 1M, start planning with 700k.
My opinion thou

I dey tell u, I budget 600k...ended up spending 1m or more minus trad. We Nigerians make life difficult for ourselves sha. Oyibo no dey waste money for wedding.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by mecussey(m): 11:32pm On Apr 14, 2017
MicroBox:
April 22 remains a nightmare until when it's over..
My gal is not co-operating with me at all,keep inviting family and friends both offline and online it's like she don't understand that there is marriage after wedding.
She's busy choosing this and that while I m having difficult time sleeping and eating even when the food is served.

Heyy...HBP is warming up here....keep talking to her about the life after wedding. I thank God for my wife oo, she understood that part better than me
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by menwongo(m): 11:34pm On Apr 14, 2017
BabaCommander:

I week married and you are publicly bad mouthing your wife already?
Only God knows what you are doing to her in private
The thunder that will fire you is doing a press up at Sambisa forest.
Ibu onye iberibe

I used to think that I have heard the craziest thing in this world until yesterday when someone asked me for NYSC past questions and this your foolish comment
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by mecussey(m): 11:35pm On Apr 14, 2017
Bigsteveg:
Only God knows why Nigerians love parties especially wedding so much. Personally, it's less than 50k. Just a 20 guest wedding.

my man, if u invite 20...pple go dey vex for you for road say u no invite them. Africa creating difficulty upandan.
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by DavidEsq(m): 11:37pm On Apr 14, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

Dude, are you okk?

Very ok jare. I've learned to manage and out em all in a freezer
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by bigtimemugu(m): 11:39pm On Apr 14, 2017
My weeding is on Tuesday 18th April, my budget was 500k ,bt right now i hav spent 700k nd its nt yet tuesday.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by watered(m): 11:39pm On Apr 14, 2017
DavidEsq:

Wow! Bro, u have a really good family. Mine is made up of demons. I mean, real life demons. Especially my immediate family. Burned the house down, with everyone in it, several times, in my head.
Everybody must not marry. I've always said it. Impregnate the lady, it's her parents that will be begging you to come for her by that time they must do your bidding. I'm not married because I'm still in the paper chase.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by MaziOmenuko: 11:40pm On Apr 14, 2017
Sleekyshuga:

Hahahahaha.. Well, like I said, it still depends on the family but then, I know outsiders pay more than the insiders..

Mazi is married cheesy? Congratulations. I use to follow your stories way back.. You made Literature section fun..

You are welcome. Had to marry b4 the thing finish wink

5 Likes

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by MaziOmenuko: 11:41pm On Apr 14, 2017
bigtimemugu:
My weeding is on Tuesday 18th April, my budget was 500k ,bt right now i hav spent 700k nd its nt yet tuesday.

This got my laughing out loud.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Apr 14, 2017
blovesther:
Though I'm not a man, I wouldn't want my husband to spend more than 500k for just 200 people angry angry angry
I don't want to go hungry and start counting ceiling after my wedding tongue

My sister 500k in this recession where price of everything have skyrocket. You get heart o. Am about getting married on 29th of this month and despite trying my best to make it small I have spent roughly 1.5m and will still spend at least 300k before that very day base on one or two miscellaneous expenses that will surely pop up. Well I love taste and quality sha, not quantity. Lolz
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by stancydg: 11:49pm On Apr 14, 2017
Your sister needs to see this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFLRZKhd4iQ

1 Like

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by mhizv(f): 11:49pm On Apr 14, 2017
Eddygourdo:
talk true. What tribe are you. Seems this is a sign.
lol am an urhobo. sign of what?
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Apr 14, 2017
nnamdibig:
I budgeted 800k for my wedding but ended up spending 1.2
It's very difficult to spend exactly what you budgeted.
If you want to spend 500k start planning with 200-300k if you want to spend 1M, start planning with 700k.
My opinion thou

You are very right about this bro. I love the way you think and how you reason

1 Like

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Apr 14, 2017
MicroBox:
April 22 remains a nightmare until when it's over..
My gal is not co-operating with me at all,keep inviting family and friends both offline and online it's like she don't understand that there is marriage after wedding.
She's busy choosing this and that while I m having difficult time sleeping and eating even when the food is served.

My brother na same shoe size me and you wear right now. Same thing am going through na you just talk. Mine is April 29th. I gallant even if na the full Warri wan come my wedding cheesy my advice to you on this is let her be okay. Do not pick up a quarrel with it. Anybody jollof rice nor reach chop that day will go home use head knack wall and dream bad dream.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by toye440: 11:56pm On Apr 14, 2017
blovesther:
Though I'm not a man, I wouldn't want my husband to spend more than 500k for just 200 people angry angry angry
Now hv spotted a wife material, wish she's my Yoruba nurse.
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by gen2lpat(m): 11:59pm On Apr 14, 2017
My own is just simple. #700k budget. I can so use my head even when my heart is overflowing with love.

Print card for 200 guest including all family members.

Round tables for all invited 200 guest.

A bouncer at the enterence of the reception.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Nobody: 12:00am On Apr 15, 2017
Sleekydee:
What me i dont understand now is, is the girl not supposed to contribute et all for the wedding? whr does she and her family come in??

If na this kind mentality you get then my brother nor just kukuma get the idea say u wan marry cheesy
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by StudentsNG: 12:07am On Apr 15, 2017
What a wise lady and how I wish every girl out there will be like you! We Nigerians keep living life we cannot afford. God bless your marriage.

happyheart:
No matter how much my man has to spend, we won't spend more than 400-500k for trad,court and white plus introduction sef.
We go to court on a wed with 2 witnesses each.He wears a suit he already has and I wear a payporte dress..lol
Friday morning, we sit in my bro's living room( dad no dey) As early as 7am. Bride price is paid and we take pics.. and then its straight to church. Wedding will be from 10-11am. No aso ebi but I will inform everyone of my colours for the day. Coffee brown and gold. No one will owe gbese cos of my wedding.
Thank God my church is fine.
The lawn will be decorated and my 30 guests( maybe less cos its a week day. People will be at work..lol)
I have just 2 siblings and 2 friends. My siblings spouses will bring the no to 6 , the other 11 will be from my extended family. My man will bring 15 people too=30.. Lol.
I have planned it down to the last item.
I will rent my wedding gown for 20 k,my man will rent his tux for 20k as well.
Food, drinks and cake "plus including "small chops= 100k.
The church is already decorated.. Lol..a few balloons here and there will brighten the place.
I love music so a good DJ for 30k. My cousin uncle sam is funny, he will be MC.
My aunty has lived in lagos long enough to know the job of the local mc for the trad. She cant tell me that all the aso ebi she has bought for years in Lagos na waste. She suppose dey observe.
My Nephew and nice will be ring bearer and little bride. No bridal train. My man's friend will be best man and one of my friends will be chief bridesmaid. Finish.
Finally it will be boldly printed on the iv, no gifts only cash. Lord knows we need the cash.. Lol
What else... Honeymoon suite.. All na inside the money.
We don't need cars, church near house.
Souvenirs go be bible...I will get 30 Bibles for 15k at bible house at eko.
Lol..i am damn serious o.
Let me goan call my man to come and read my plan. Lol

1 Like

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Nobody: 12:08am On Apr 15, 2017
bettercreature:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I don't have a cent at the moment,May God bless me before then grin grin grin grin grin

I hope when God finally bless you, you won't remember the number of gals you have written down you wanna knack at all cost forgetting the reason God picked ur call

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by StudentsNG: 12:10am On Apr 15, 2017
Ezigbo nwa!
My people said that "good women are scarce", especially in the Nigeria of today.

Ginaz:
Lol, I'm not a fan of huge stuff and I think the man that gonna marry me gonna be lucky.

I ain't on facebook,
Ain't on instagram
Ain't on I.G
Only on whatsapp grin I do things my way not cos people expect me to.

On my birthday my guy asked me what I wanted, I said honey cos I wanted to use it for facial treatment , he bought the honey for me and total cost was 3k. That was my first birthday gift since our 6years of dating cheesy I no get time and he kuku know though sometimes e dey pepper me say I no dey trouble am. sad I'm pretty independent, though I don't have money like that sha sad

I don't makeup( though I love lipsticks like crazy!), I don't go out. Expenses are just for body lotions and clothes and I'm good to go .

My marriage day chaiii, people will only see pictures. I only want my engagement party to be big, gonna invite our friends and family, then he pays my bride price which is 120 in my town. grin

After then I would loved to organize a small party at home. Maybe give them money to cook food or buy a full goat and share among themselves so dem no go worry me for night. grin

I have got no worries at all, the person to marry me got no worries too. Na who white and traditional marriage help? My mom's friend that had a whole town for her marriage, she's is in her father's house now instead of her husband's. undecided

Life no get duplicate, do your own style and make people do their own style.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Nobody: 12:11am On Apr 15, 2017
idu1:

Anything more than that I am not doing.

Na money I use rent hall for my wedding reception na u wan te do an entire wedding bro. I just dey look you

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Nweike1: 12:22am On Apr 15, 2017
blovesther:
God bless you and give you good husband in Jesus name

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Eziokwuegbuozoo: 12:23am On Apr 15, 2017
Bigsteveg:
Only God knows why Nigerians love parties especially wedding so much. Personally, it's less than 50k. Just a 20 guest wedding.
So you think is just for edible provisions? What about things like canopies, DJ and clothes you would wear with your wife? 50k can also do all of that and even more?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Lady Made To Stand During Her Funeral (photo) / Man Who Invited Strippers To His Wedding Celebrates Birthday With Scary Cake / Nice Pictures Of Unique Cakes For Nigerian Traditional Weddings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.