Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,125 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? - Events (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? (59511 Views)

What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? / How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? / Are You Bold Enough To Do Your Wedding With Any Of These Vehicles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Apr 14, 2017
IBreakRules:

have u ever counted #1m ?
Thrice ma nigga since I knew maself...and am still very young....young enough get to the rank of a Field Marshal some day grin
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Apr 14, 2017
geodemainguy:
Oshogho weed strong oo.
Bros, u don try ghana weed......ma God

Garri go turn cocaine for ur eye.....water melon go turn boobs
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Apr 14, 2017
Solowande:
Dasuki in the making
My broda, dasuki no pay again o......na Jonathan I dey wit now
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Ginaz(f): 10:18pm On Apr 14, 2017
Lol, I'm not a fan of huge stuff and I think the man that gonna marry me gonna be lucky.

I ain't on facebook,
Ain't on instagram
Ain't on I.G
Only on whatsapp grin I do things my way not cos people expect me to.

On my birthday my guy asked me what I wanted, I said honey cos I wanted to use it for facial treatment , he bought the honey for me and total cost was 3k. That was my first birthday gift since our 6years of dating cheesy I no get time and he kuku know though sometimes e dey pepper me say I no dey trouble am. sad I'm pretty independent, though I don't have money like that sha sad

I don't makeup( though I love lipsticks like crazy!), I don't go out. Expenses are just for body lotions and clothes and I'm good to go .

My marriage day chaiii, people will only see pictures. I only want my engagement party to be big, gonna invite our friends and family, then he pays my bride price which is 120 in my town. grin

After then I would loved to organize a small party at home. Maybe give them money to cook food or buy a full goat and share among themselves so dem no go worry me for night. grin

I have got no worries at all, the person to marry me got no worries too. Na who white and traditional marriage help? My mom's friend that had a whole town for her marriage, she's is in her father's house now instead of her husband's. undecided

Life no get duplicate, do your own style and make people do their own style.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by MabraO: 10:21pm On Apr 14, 2017
MicroBox:

My friend! Out of close to a million naira list i was giving, Nothing of her is included not even a lipstick. everything is for the family even the food they are going to cook is not included, that one is a separate fee...
humm! i have never seen a very greedy tradition like that until now.

Why do I think u sound just like my friend that's getting married next month?

Exactly wot he is gong tru
300k dowry for father
200k dowry for mother
100k dowry for grandma
50k dowry for youths
35 cartons of Eva wine
25 crates of coke
20 cartons of Star
20 cartons of gulder
15 cartons of malt
One Italian shoe for father with this pipe tobacco and umbrella 4 boxers nd 4 singlet
One shoe, lace, handbag 6 bra 6 pants for mother
At so on and so forth
Just family list oh

I wan die of laughter and anger that wot sorts of list is this
Only God knows wot I ll do if given such list sha

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by clems88(m): 10:21pm On Apr 14, 2017
chelseabmw:
My budget will be 6million .. Next Year hopefully I'll be s married man
I pity ur local government angry

1 Like

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Sleekyshuga(f): 10:24pm On Apr 14, 2017
PaperLace:

My dad handled the trad as usual na. We did the intro then bride price ceremony. The man was making the rules like it is his wedding. For where, the man went to invite the whole of their village. Came with 2 buses, then started demanding money for the bus there o.
Hahahahaha @ two buses and it's fee.. Imagine? His money don't pay for fees?

Anybody that can't use his/her TP to come for the trad. should wait for the white, and if my dad tries dragging them from the villa to whereever, nne, it's his case. He will pay their fares with his money undecided. The man can host people sha (guess that's a trait I picked from him cheesy).

I always heard MILs are the problem, you need grace extraordinaire to handle my FIL. The man is rude and uncouth, will talk to you like you're in primary school in public.

Oooops!! What's things like now? Any change? Everyday, I pray for good in-laws..

He wanted a specific drink for his people, special uniform (ankaras) special gifts, special food. Wanted us to buy Henessey and the likes to invite all his friends. Anyone you refuse to do, he will use his feeding money _then later come harass you for refund. cheesy My husband come dey follow am up strictly, he said I am the one hoarding the money.
Onye ukwu grin.. Your FIL sha cheesy..
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by happyheart(f): 10:24pm On Apr 14, 2017
[quote author=MabraO post=55575947]

Why do I think u sound just like my friend that's getting married next month?

Exactly wot he is gong tru
300k dowry for father
200k dowry for mother
100k dowry for grandma
50k dowry for youths
35 cartons of Eva wine
25 crates of coke
20 cartons of Star
20 cartons of gulder
15 cartons of malt
One Italian shoe for father with this pipe tobacco and umbrella 4 boxers nd 4 singlet
One shoe, lace, handbag 6 bra 6 pants for mother
At so on and so forth
Just family list oh

I wan die of laughter and anger that wot sorts of list is this
Only God knows wot I ll do if given such list sha
[/quote

Them wan open supermarket? Funny people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Mypeople2(m): 10:29pm On Apr 14, 2017
iyke649:
This is d kind of lady I'd like to hav as a wife. And to think u are from my tribe, am quite amazed and flabbergasted. I love d way u reason. U are really a wife material
Bro, carry go. Ask her out....now that it is hot
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Jazmiynne: 10:31pm On Apr 14, 2017
Davide470 I can see you on this thread... Boss you don de plan wedding ehn? cheesy
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by MabraO: 10:32pm On Apr 14, 2017
[quote author=happyheart post=55576036][/quote]

As in ehn sane question I asked him and his wife to.
Say even if I wan start beer biz I can't I no fit start with those list at once na small small

1 Like

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Humility017(m): 10:36pm On Apr 14, 2017
teemy:
mine was less than 10k. in less than an hour the state pronounced us married.
wow..so nice.
can u please give met
tips how u arrived at this with your apouse

1 Like

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by DavidEsq(m): 10:37pm On Apr 14, 2017
nnamdibig:

Lol,
You have mentioned Buhari twice this night here, abeg wetin the man do you pass the one wey all us they suffer??
Oh my, he did me shegey cry; real shegey cry. I can't sleep, I can't eat. sad. I do dis every day.

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Solowande(m): 10:40pm On Apr 14, 2017
TsaTrinity:
My broda, dasuki no pay again o......na Jonathan I dey wit now
ok NIA
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Humility017(m): 10:41pm On Apr 14, 2017
I really appreciate this thread... many a time I think of the need of having close to or over a #1M in place for a wedding party leaves me worried, don't even wanna go into a relationship because wedding which should be the next hurdle scare me

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by mhizv(f): 10:41pm On Apr 14, 2017
if it were up to me alone,there would be no reception whatsoever, after paying my bride price,get our marriage cert. that's all.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by davide470(m): 10:42pm On Apr 14, 2017
Jazmiynne:
Davide470 I can see you on this thread... Boss you don de plan wedding ehn? cheesy
Lol. grin grin

In this economy?
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Alezy(m): 10:48pm On Apr 14, 2017
bbeautylik:
As a lady, My culture demands I provide some of the things I will need including Television, Gas Cooker, Bed and wardrobe refrigerator and so on... My dad ended up spending about 1.5 million
what tribe is that please
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Jazmiynne: 10:49pm On Apr 14, 2017
davide470:
Lol. grin grin

In this economy?

Based on who you are, the economy has got nothing on you wink
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Eddygourdo(m): 10:54pm On Apr 14, 2017
mhizv:
if it were up to me alone,there would be no reception whatsoever, after paying my bride price,get our marriage cert. that's all.
talk true. What tribe are you. Seems this is a sign.
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by MaziOmenuko: 10:55pm On Apr 14, 2017
If your father in law is a titled man or a communal person (like mine), you can't restrict the number of people that will come. My fil asked me if he should chase away his friends when they come gor his daughters marriege because I insisted I wanted few family and friends. While I was arranging for 2 canopies for my trad, the man had already requested for 5 (na me go payoo). I drove to my wife's place and stocked up the fridge with those shoprite free bottled beers 2 days to my trad. By the time I came a day to the trad to drop the goat and yams, he and his cheerful friends had drank more than half of the beer I was planning to use for my wedding. That man na drunk I swear! I kukuma carry the goat back to my own place before they kill the poor thing and eat b4 the d-day.

I had collected list 3 months to my trad day and was buying the things gradually. Bags of rice (for the list and for cooking), vegetable oil, palm oil, clothing for me, wifey and for the in-laws etc. So I left Lagos with N500k and returned with N80k having sorted out lots of he thibgs in the list and clothing.

The trad was the main event, had upwards of 200 guests. Hired a caterer for the rice and salad while my in-laws took care of all the swallow. The list was reasonable, the main list from the community na die but my in-laws reviewed the list and made it easier (like 3 bags of rice was reviewed to 1, 100 tubers of yam was reviewed to 20, 40 litres of vegetable oil and palm oil were reviewed to 10 litres each etc).

So the 500k took care of feeding, canopies and chairs, list item (well, may not have totally taken care of the list items totally; This is where my own family came in, drag the ones dragable, dipped their hands in the pocket when it became necessary coupled with the fact that I had bought most things earlier) DJ, camera and other logistics.

You want to hear about the white wedidng? Marched to the altar on 25th Dec immediately after church service. 30mins top. No wedding card, no wedding gown (wifey didn't want to wear, just a nice milk-colored dinner gown) , no gift items, no reception. Everyone had Chrismas rice at home so I didn't border to cook. Shared canned malt to everyone and retired to the hotel with just 6 people, very close friends and family. We had enough to eat, drink, make merry, go for clubbing.

Next morning, we were on the next flight to Lagos to start the real marriage.

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by ozimec(m): 10:57pm On Apr 14, 2017
Sleekydee:
For Married Couples: HOW MUCH DID UR WEDDING COST YOU? AND ARE U PRESENTLY WISHING U SPENT MORE OR LESS...

For Singles: How much have u envisaged will be your budget for your wedding??

Oya over to you.

Mine can't be more than 150k. Not more than 50 guests. no operation feed the Nation. OFN
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Respect55(m): 11:01pm On Apr 14, 2017
Juliearth:
I would rather have a semi lowkey wedding so as to minimize cost...there is life after the wedding called marriage and that is what matters more.
See as I come love u
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by DavidEsq(m): 11:01pm On Apr 14, 2017
missmalachi:
Mine was a little above 3m n it ws 2014...am glad i had d wedding of my dreams n it did nt in anyway diminish my standard of living.

All thanks to my darling hubby .
Iffa tear u slap ehn. Wats the issue with "standard of living" not being diminished, wen it wasn't u who did the spending angry. Just look at this Agbaya. And to imagine that u use that brain as a wife. Chai!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Abumighty(m): 11:02pm On Apr 14, 2017
blovesther:
Though I'm not a man, I wouldn't want my husband to spend more than 500k for just 200 people angry angry angry
I don't want to go hungry and start counting ceiling after my wedding tongue
Brain Box

1 Like

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by An0nimus: 11:02pm On Apr 14, 2017
Sleekyshuga:

I am from the East but in my place, the lady and her people handles everything about the traditional with the man handling the white wedding plus our bride price is very tiny (doubt if its up to a thousand naira sef)..

IMO, weddings should be a joint effort. No matter how wealthy a man is, there should be something the girl's family should be able to provide/afford on that day though it still boils down to the kind of family you are getting married from..

My mum's dad, with all his wealth gave his daughter FOC, and warned her husband. 'The day you raise your hand on her, I collect my daughter back. She isn't for sale neither is she a slave.'

Sounds like Delta state
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Sleekyshuga(f): 11:04pm On Apr 14, 2017
An0nimus:

Sounds like Delta state
Abia State

1 Like

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by darlingnuel(m): 11:04pm On Apr 14, 2017
Stevengerd:
Hmm! I Own U A Can Of Malt
make it one carton
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by An0nimus: 11:06pm On Apr 14, 2017
I've always wanted a small wedding. Still do, but the day I stylishly told my mum this plan she replied with a straight face 'No be me and you' grin

Till then I guess

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by DavidEsq(m): 11:08pm On Apr 14, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
If your father in law is a titled man or a communal person (like mine), you can't restrict the number of people that will come. My fil asked me if he should chase away his friends when they come gor his daughters marriege because I insisted I wanted few family and friends. While I was arranging for 2 canopies for my trad, the man had already requested for 5 (na me go payoo). I drove to my wife's place and stocked up the fridge with those shoprite free bottled beers 2 days to my trad. By the time I came a day to the trad to drop the goat and yams, he and his cheerful friends had drank more than half of the beer I was planning to use for my wedding. That man na drunk I swear! I kukuma carry the goat back to my own place before they kill the poor thing and eat b4 the d-day.

I had collected list 3 months to my trad day and was buying the things gradually. Bags of rice (for the list and for cooking), vegetable oil, palm oil, clothing for the in-laws etc. So I left Lagos with N500k and returned with N80k. The trad was the main event, had upwards of 200 guests. Hired a caterer for the rice and salad while my in-laws took care of all the swallow. The list was reasonable, the main list from the community na die but my in-laws reviewed the list and made it easier (like 3 bags of rice was reviewed to 1, 100 tubers of yam was reviewed to 20, 40 litres of vegetable oil and palm oil were reviewed to 10 litres each etc).

So the 500k took care of feeding, canopies and chairs, list item (well, may not have totally taken care of the list items totally; This is where my own family came in, drag the ones dragable, dipped their hands in the pocket when it became necessary coupled with the fact that I had bought most things earlier) DJ, camera and other logistics.

You want to hear about the white wedidng? Marched to the altar on 25th Dec immediately after church service. 30mins top. No wedding card, no wedding gown (wifey didn't want to wear, just a nice milk-colored dinner gown) , no gift items, no reception. Everyone had Chrismas rice at home so I didn't border to cook. Shared canned malt to everyone and retired to the hotel with just 6 people, very close friends and family. We had enough to eat, drink, make merry, go for clubbing.

Next morning, we were on the next flight to Lagos to start the real marriage.

Wow! Bro, u have a really good family. Mine is made up of demons. I mean, real life demons. Especially my immediate family. Burned the house down, with everyone in it, several times, in my head.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Lady Made To Stand During Her Funeral (photo) / Man Who Invited Strippers To His Wedding Celebrates Birthday With Scary Cake / Nice Pictures Of Unique Cakes For Nigerian Traditional Weddings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.