Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million (33467 Views)

BREAKING: EFCC Unfreezes Benue Govt’s Accounts. / 31 Suspects Put $11.4m In Patience Jonathan's Account (Photo) / Court Unfreezes 16 Accounts Belonging To Patience Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by agbangam: 2:28pm On Apr 06, 2017
drss2:
just becos ur entire village inhabitants have never seen N500 million doesn't mean other pipul cannot earn N500 million legitimately.

By doing wat Is she dangote or Ifeanyi Uba, wat company or business does she own?
She was only a Persec. and first lady.
So how did she come to own 5million dols
God has abandoned dis nation.

1 Like

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by brenister10: 2:28pm On Apr 06, 2017
After all the initial gra-gra

8 Likes

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by eiknarf14(m): 2:30pm On Apr 06, 2017
erico2k2:

Nop in a sane country the prosecutors would ha e to establish a case of fraud or corruption . Accused is to defend .

Na I disagree . . . Typical case was someone who's house was busted for fraud here in the UK. Police found large cash and all kinds of expensive accessories in his house, wrist watches worth £75k upwards. Of cos wht do u think, everything was seized as proceeds of crime, its left for the defendant to prove in court what is what.

1 Like

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by AmaechiLinus(m): 2:30pm On Apr 06, 2017
Mama peace

There's God ooo
Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by owooba: 2:31pm On Apr 06, 2017
LET'S STOP WEEPING FOR NIGERIA AND START REBRANDING NIGERIA, THE PEOPLE IN GOVERNMENT CAN'T NEVER OUT NUMBER THE MASSES IF EVERYONE COME TOGETHER. WE CAN OVER COME ALL THIS SUFFERING AND SMILING SYNDROME THEY EFFECTED ON THE POOR MASSES. #STAND WITH ME#NEW CAMPAIGN

1 Like

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by Sermwell(m): 2:32pm On Apr 06, 2017
eiknarf14:

In a sane climate, its the accused who should be proving the source of the money not the prosecutor. Naija has a VERY LONG WAY TO GO ! ! !
Please stop this public display of ignorance! In sane climes, it he who asserts that must prove! If you claim that the money in my bank account is stolen money, the onus is on you to prove that the money was actually stolen, and the prove must be beyond reasonable doubt! The accused need not prove anything! That's how it is in sane climates like you mentioned!

9 Likes

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by magoo10(m): 2:32pm On Apr 06, 2017
This should have been done long time ago except for wickedness ,jealousy and evil. A woman that was the wife of a deputy governor ,governor, vice president and president surely should have such money and even more .she doesn't have to steal it, there 1001 people including foreigners that can give her such monies.

11 Likes

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by rusher14: 2:32pm On Apr 06, 2017
dunkem21:
Zombies won't like this cheesy

We don't like it.

Now we encourage Buhari and all in government to take the treasury for themselves.

After all it is not a crime.
Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by jasedu60: 2:32pm On Apr 06, 2017

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by tuscani: 2:33pm On Apr 06, 2017
ojun50:
Ok oh
u think say Na Benin u dey for hear grin grin
Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by Bollinger(m): 2:34pm On Apr 06, 2017
dunkem21:
Zombies won't like this cheesy

This is why you live in a dilapidated society. Smh.
Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by eiknarf14(m): 2:34pm On Apr 06, 2017
Sermwell:

Please stop this public display of ignorance! In sane climes, it he who asserts that must prove! If you claim that the money in my bank account is stolen money, the onus is on you to prove that the money was actually stolen, and the prove must be beyond reasonable doubt! The accused need not prove anything! That's how it is in sane climates like you mentioned!

Anyway na una money . . . Hahahaha make una de their de look them. Yimu

1 Like

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by Splashme: 2:35pm On Apr 06, 2017
Ezenwammadu:
Another techincal knock out from the judiciary to media trial.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by damola311: 2:35pm On Apr 06, 2017
sarrki:
Are we really fighting corruption?

Only God can redeem this country

All the threes tiers of government are not serious

I weep for Nigerian massese

You should ask the President that, Is he really fighting corruption? or corruption is fighting back?

Anyone who believe in any bullshit corruption fight is senseless, watch as this administration go as the most corrupt admin because people will be thinking they are saint but they are stealing with integrity.

9 Likes

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by burkingx(f): 2:35pm On Apr 06, 2017
sarrki:

Nigerian have a very long ride to go

In another news

A judge has over N500m in his account WITHOUT any other known business, a trial judge said it is NOT an evidence of corruption!

7 Likes

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by updatesflow: 2:37pm On Apr 06, 2017
Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by YelloweWest: 2:37pm On Apr 06, 2017
sarrki:

In another news

A judge has over N500m in his account WITHOUT any other known business, a trial judge said it is NOT an evidence of corruption!
It's takes more than money in acc to prove corruption. Dose the judge have access to public funds?? The answer is NO!

Today I have millions in my account without any business. I'm also not a thief!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by BeardedMeat(m): 2:38pm On Apr 06, 2017
eiknarf14:

In a sane climate, its the accused who should be proving the source of the money not the prosecutor. Naija has a VERY LONG WAY TO GO ! ! !
My friend quiet!!! He who alleges must prove! Too much telemundo in your empty skull already.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by effty(m): 2:39pm On Apr 06, 2017
sarrki:

In another news

Buhari's #500000 was a gift, right? Your brain is having a hard reset.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by burkingx(f): 2:40pm On Apr 06, 2017
sarrki:

...You too lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by ipreach: 2:41pm On Apr 06, 2017
Iamwrath:
Bet why ?

Which judge unfroze it and why ?? does that mean the other 1Trn account with fidelity will be unfrozen as well ?

I am not understanding this anymore

Stop crying please

4 Likes

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by dallyemmy: 2:41pm On Apr 06, 2017
Na so Ibori case be. Maybe make we send them go UK courts for fresh trial. If lawyer go night school na so e dey be.

3 Likes

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by naijaboy756: 2:43pm On Apr 06, 2017
sarrki:

shut up..... comedian!

How much of OUR OYEL MONEY did Buhari spend in London?

7 Likes

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by eiknarf14(m): 2:43pm On Apr 06, 2017
BeardedMeat:
My friend quiet!!! He who alleges must prove! Too much telemundo in your empty skull already.

I dont even watch that s****t. As we speak, I'm on my £380 per day job, typing from my work computer right now.

1 Like

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by eiknarf14(m): 2:44pm On Apr 06, 2017
dallyemmy:
Na so Ibori case be. Maybe make we send them go UK courts for fresh trial. If lawyer go night school na so e dey be.

God bless you jare . . .

2 Likes

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by naijaboy756: 2:45pm On Apr 06, 2017
damola311:

You should ask the President that, Is he really fighting corruption? or corruption is fighting back?

Anyone who believe in any bullshit corruption fight is senseless, watch as this administration go as the most corrupt admin because people will be thinking they are saint but they are stealing with integrity.
Well said

My prayers is that the new administration to take over in 2019 will probe Buhari and his ministers.

The world will be shocked

6 Likes

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by achieverme(m): 2:45pm On Apr 06, 2017
sarrki:

Amechi stole rivers state's money to fund bubu's election, you didn't cry then. Why are you crying this time? Is it because the news isn't in favour of your preferred corrupt politicians?

9 Likes

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by doctokwus: 2:45pm On Apr 06, 2017
Benbellamor:
Magu should remain there as Chairman, Nobody will tell presidency to remove him untill they lose All pending Cases, The drama just started grin grin grin grin
That is the aim.
I beg u to just contemplate this:Patience Jonathan has no known biz venture but has equivalent of N2b in her account and a judge says it rightfully belongs to her.Dont u think it's POSSIBLE the judgement was bought or a telephone call put across to the judge( by people that can determine how far he climbs the judicial ladder) so as to rubbish d competence of Magu by those forces hellbent on seeing him removed as EFCC boss?

1 Like

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by Reference(m): 2:46pm On Apr 06, 2017
The money will still finish and she will return to her former status. That is certain. That is a law. Stolen money always finds its way home leaving the thief naked and humbled.

2 Likes

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by wildchild1: 2:46pm On Apr 06, 2017
Judiciary

Check my signature for your football jerseys (take advantage of the Easter promo)
Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by otokx(m): 2:47pm On Apr 06, 2017
Innocent until proven guilty.

5 Likes

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by Eruditor: 2:48pm On Apr 06, 2017
freeze001:

Having or possessing any sum of money is not automatically a crime. To establish any sum of money as a proceed of crime, the prosecution must prove what offence was committed that gave rise to that sum or in the case of the judge, must tie that sum to a particular case and the giver of such a sum. The prosecution will also need to show that the judgment given occasioned a miscarriage of justice which would otherwise have not occurred but for the said sum in his possession being claimed as some form of inducement.

I hope this helps u understand how the law works so you don't keep demonising the judiciary/courts. The EFCC and DSS are aware of the stringent requirements of the law but still fly off half-cocked then unlearned persons fill the space with undeserved sympathy and the erroneous belief that the court has condoned corruption.

Intelligent sophistry.

There is such a thing as a judgement of sensitivity where the account remains frozen and not confiscated or returned to govt coffers. The rationale behind unfreezing the account because of a want of evidence supporting the accusation exposes the corruption in the judicial system.

In Virginia in 2013, a Mayor was forced to resign because his wife purchased an $8000 wristwatch. Had it been Nigeria, the argument would have been for the prosecution to provide evidence that $8000 was missing from somewhere and that it was transferred to the account of the Mayor. That just smacks off idiocy and lack of judicial competence.

Even if the prosecution cannot provide evidence that the sum of say N500M was missing from an account and could not trace how that sum was lodged in the account of one Justice Ademola, the very tenets of common sense should make the judge allow that account to remain frozen while investigations are ongoing. I mean, this is not some ExxonMobil CEO that can always prove his annual remunarations can get to that sum. This is a chief judge who tendered evidence about his remunerations and emoluments in a year and it did not exceed N25M yet this judge does not think it egregious that Justice Ademola has N500M in his account.

And you are here, using fine-sounding hogwash to bamboozle unsuspecting and sometimes asinine youths that the judgement is fair simply because you hate PMB.

I am sorry for you.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Osun Disburses First Tranche Of Paris Club Refund Released By FG / BUhari Promises To Open Calabar To Rest Of The Country / Boko Haram Releases More Chibok Girls To DSS - NewsExpressngr.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.