Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million (33466 Views)

BREAKING: EFCC Unfreezes Benue Govt’s Accounts. / 31 Suspects Put $11.4m In Patience Jonathan's Account (Photo) / Court Unfreezes 16 Accounts Belonging To Patience Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by deomello: 3:28pm On Apr 06, 2017
do4luv14:

smh indeed, did you know how much was her pay as first lady,

not forgetting that she was our a deputy first lady, then first lady of a state, before becoming the first lady of our country add to dat her earnings before entering politics, its possible,

if you think otherwise i stand to b corrected

Do you even know how much we are talking about here?

You people do better than enough job defending corruption and corrupt people, even better than their acquired 100 SAN lawyers.

1 Like

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by ephi123(f): 3:29pm On Apr 06, 2017
do4luv14:

1.8b, you say, even forgettin that xchange rate was #250-280 per dollar Wey she was in power from state to federal level, and you are asking silly questions,

lets face it, you don't expect her to spend on foods and others after the budget provide for such, even the chefs cooks and domestic are paid for by the budget,

yet still you don't expect her to tell you wat she does with her moni , did you

I really really pity you, you know why? Because you don't pity yourself or the future of this country.

What rubbish food will cost millions not to mention billions?

Continue defending your oppressors who are frivolously looting your future away. Your business. Not mine.

2 Likes

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by mathy2p2: 3:29pm On Apr 06, 2017
Cisos Christ why such costly mistake , 5.9million dollar for one person

1 Like

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by able20(m): 3:32pm On Apr 06, 2017
ItsMeAboki:

Corruption seems to be winning.SMH.
Corruption has been winning since Shagari , OBJ and IBB Era . No be mama peace start corruption, no be she go end am.

1 Like

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by deomello: 3:33pm On Apr 06, 2017
AntiWailer:

You just described anarchy.

It happens when leaders fail.

So how is that different from me saying Buhari has Failed.

Demonstration is protected rights and not anarchy. Maybe you don't know the meaning of anarchy.

In Romania, their leaders created a law to shield and protect corrupt politicians, but PMB did not such thing, in fact he's doing more than any Nigerian leader to fight corruption and the fact that you have corrupt judiciary is not PMB's fault.

Stop mixing up what happened in Romania and in Nigeria.

PMB did not fail, you failed because you should be doing what the folks in Romania did to save your country.

Even if PMB failed? What are you going to do about it? Nothing but wail and shout on the internet.

2 Likes

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by ephi123(f): 3:34pm On Apr 06, 2017
lexy2014:
yes my dear cos we celebrate these people.do u remember scenes from ibori's return 2d country?large crowds came 2 welcome him 4 stealing and keeping their money in london.make dem share my own give me abeg

infact they should share it abeg cheesy

Ibori has properties in Knightsbridge, that is one of the most affluent neighbourhoods in London. There is something really wrong when people are defending these people either for religious or "my brother, my tribe" or monetary (BMC) reasons.

2 Likes

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by kenoc: 3:35pm On Apr 06, 2017
This development should serve as a lesson to efcc, icpc, dss etc. They should maintain some level of secrecy before bringing any corruption matter to the public. Medial trials may not bring victory at the court. Proper investigation should be carried out before going yo the press and even before arrest.

2 Likes

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 06, 2017
dunkem21:
Zombies won't like this cheesy
You that "like this" how much will you get from the money? Sheep.
Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by do4luv14(m): 3:41pm On Apr 06, 2017
ephi123:

I really really pity you, you know why? Because you don't pity yourself or the future of this country.

What rubbish food will cost millions not to mention billions?

Continue defending your oppressors who are frivolously looting your future away. Your business. Not mine.

there you go, as Shakespeare put it in one of his novels, misprision is a disease ,

wat am saying is that, she don't spend on food, and some other necessary things, that will makeup the base of as she came about such sums,

cos the budget provides for such,

infact n need dragging further, i had view the case as dead on arrival, period
Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by soldierdollar(m): 3:42pm On Apr 06, 2017
sarrki:

Nigerian have a very long ride to go

In another news

A judge has over N500m in his account WITHOUT any other known business, a trial judge said it is NOT an evidence of corruption!

E pain to marrow

1 Like

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by ephi123(f): 3:43pm On Apr 06, 2017
do4luv14:

there you go, as Shakespeare put it in one of his novels, misprision is a disease ,

wat am saying is that, she don't spend on food, and some other necessary things, that will makeup the base of as she came about such sums,

cos the budget provides for such,

infact n need dragging further, i had view the case as dead on arrival, period

If you don't see anything wrong with someone amassing 1.8 billion as a PUBLIC SERVANT in a country where minimum wage is N18,000, there is no point continuing this discussion, so yes, let's end it here.

1 Like

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by eiknarf14(m): 3:44pm On Apr 06, 2017
BeardedMeat:
Empty chest beater! Please goan sit down in a corner jaree! When has the state of osun become a sane clime? Mtcheew

Ur so off point.... this is the problem I hv with some people, they leave the issues at hand and start attacking personalities. Guy I hv never been to osun state, I don't even need to prove anything to you. Na u sabi lolzzzz
Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by Akiika: 3:44pm On Apr 06, 2017
Where did Patience Jonathan get $5.9 million from? What does she do? "Ko ni da fun judge naa'....literarily "It won't better for the Judge". Is it Buhari that will come to that courtroom to tell the judge to do the right thing? Justice Ademola was discharged and acquitted yesterday too. Wake up Nigerians, it is only by a forceful revolution that you can fix this problem

3 Likes

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by maasoap(m): 3:47pm On Apr 06, 2017
It is like our judges are back on track doing what they know how to do best. Isokay.
Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by maasoap(m): 3:49pm On Apr 06, 2017
soldierdollar:

E pain to marrow
We're in it together.

1 Like

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by eiknarf14(m): 3:49pm On Apr 06, 2017
Akiika:
Where did Patience Jonathan get $5.9 million from? What does she do? "Ko ni da fun judge naa'....literarily "It won't better for the Judge". Is it Buhari that will come to that courtroom to tell the judge to do the right thing? Justice Ademola was discharged and acquitted yesterday too. Wake up Nigerians, it is only by a forceful revolution that you can fix this problem

I tire oooo . . . and someone here is calling me ignorant, Nigerians need to wake up !!!!

1 Like

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by BeardedMeat(m): 3:50pm On Apr 06, 2017
eiknarf14:

Ur so off point.... this is the problem I hv with some people, they leave the issues at hand and start attacking personalities. Guy I hv never been to osun state, I don't even need to prove anything to you. Na u sabi lolzzzz
Lolzz...denial can't get you anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by do4luv14(m): 3:50pm On Apr 06, 2017
deomello:

Do you even know how much we are talking about here?

You people do better than enough job defending corruption and corrupt people, even better than their acquired 100 SAN lawyers.

lozzz i do, but the truth mst be told, the EFCC jst jump on a case and vomp its in court without proper investigation,

and besides she had a right to her moni lik me and you do hav rights to ours, or is she the first first lady to hav such sums,

lets face it, the efcc Bleep up bad. Very bad,
cos if they indeed hav a case against her, they would have investigate the transection that lead to her having such sumz, before freezing and taking t to court,

i hav already seem the case as DOA period

1 Like

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 06, 2017
Useless country! Useless government, even more hopeless and useless citizens that always support their oppressors!

1 Like

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by Eazybay(m): 3:52pm On Apr 06, 2017
eiknarf14:

Na I disagree . . . Typical case was someone who's house was busted for fraud here in the UK. Police found large cash and all kinds of expensive accessories in his house, wrist watches worth £75k upwards. Of cos wht do u think, everything was seized as proceeds of crime, its left for the defendant to prove in court what is what.

Okay u love argument, dis should put it to rest.
Onus probandi I quid icit non equi negat that is to say, d burden of proof lies on he who proves not on he who denies.

Simple Justice template

2 Likes

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by do4luv14(m): 3:54pm On Apr 06, 2017
ephi123:

If you don't see anything wrong with someone amassing 1.8 billion as a PUBLIC SERVANT in a country where minimum wage is N18,000, there is no point continuing this discussion, so yes, let's end it here.

lolzz dats wia you get it wrong, if a public servant is paid 18k, do you expect him/her to stay, wen private company are paying 100k, as leave and allowance,

wake up joor

1 Like

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by dfrost: 3:54pm On Apr 06, 2017
angry cry embarassed cheesy grin Feelings of nostalgia. For whatever you call yourselves (Z*** or W***), we are in for a big one in this country.
Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by Ubenedictus(m): 3:56pm On Apr 06, 2017
freeze001:

Having or possessing any sum of money is not automatically a crime. To establish any sum of money as a proceed of crime, the prosecution must prove what offence was committed that gave rise to that sum or in the case of the judge, must tie that sum to a particular case and the giver of such a sum. The prosecution will also need to show that the judgment given occasioned a miscarriage of justice which would otherwise have not occurred but for the said sum in his possession being claimed as some form of inducement.

I hope this helps u understand how the law works so you don't keep demonising the judiciary/courts. The EFCC and DSS are aware of the stringent requirements of the law but still fly off half-cocked then unlearned persons fill the space with undeserved sympathy and the erroneous belief that the court has condoned corruption.
In Nigerian anti corruption law, d prosecution only needs 2 prove that the wealth in question is above the means of d accused

1 Like

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by Eazybay(m): 3:57pm On Apr 06, 2017
ephi123:

I see many things wrong with it! She was NOT a public servant by d way. Lest I 4get, a lot of things are wrong with it but datz y my room is not d courtroom. The EFCC may have done a roughshod job. The problem here is, d present first lady would amass d same, and the one after
Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by ceejay80s(m): 3:59pm On Apr 06, 2017
ephi123:
$5.9 million, one person. Smh.
Nigeria has been unfortunate to have the greediest leaders ever.
A woman for that matter, how much does she earn?

1 Like

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by napoleon77(m): 4:00pm On Apr 06, 2017
sarrki:
Are we really fighting corruption?

Only God
can redeem this country

All the threes tiers of government are not serious

I weep for Nigerian massese

What about PMB?

1 Like

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by ephi123(f): 4:03pm On Apr 06, 2017
Eazybay:

I see many things wrong with it! She was NOT a public servant by d way. Lest I 4get, a lot of things are wrong with it but datz y my room is not d courtroom. The EFCC may have done a roughshod job. The problem here is, d present first lady would amass d same, and the one after

She is already amassing it, with all the designer gears she steps out in.

PEJ was a public servant (permanent secretary in the civil service) before she became the first lady.

3 Likes

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by kkboy(m): 4:07pm On Apr 06, 2017
A FINISHED COUNTRY

1 Like

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by eiknarf14(m): 4:13pm On Apr 06, 2017
Eazybay:

Okay u love argument, dis should put it to rest.
Onus probandi I quid icit non equi negat that is to say, d burden of proof lies on he who proves not on he who denies.

Simple Justice template

My next question is, has she been acquitted of the charges against her ?

1 Like

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by Eazybay(m): 4:22pm On Apr 06, 2017
eiknarf14:

My next question is, has she been acquitted of the charges against her ?

There are no charges against her bro.. The accounts were freezes in connection to a laundery ring.. She went to court to claim d accounts freezed belonged to her.

1 Like

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by bobby56(m): 4:22pm On Apr 06, 2017
deomello:

How many judges are currently on trial for corruption and collecting bribes from corrupt people and politicians to give favorable judgement?

Corrupt and bribe prone Judiciary is not Magu's fault. He's job is to provide evidence and prosecute so it's up to the judiciary to render judgement which is not Magu's job.

Face the judiciary for your own good.
But Magu and his EFCC outfit does not have CONCRETE evidence(s) to prosecute these cases. You don't win a corruption/criminal case by mere MEDIA Propaganda, you must present genuine evidences and prove your case beyond every reasonable doubt. So friend, stop whinny over a lost case. BUHARI had only tried to whip up sentiments through his Anti-corruption crusade (while he steals the Nation blind- another ABACHA style) and pursue a refined version of decree 101 to hurl perceived enemies and political opponents into prison (and seized their monies), but that method had backfired because this is Democracy. No matter how fast evil can travel, TRUTH will always catch up with it.

1 Like

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by Arnoldo(m): 4:25pm On Apr 06, 2017
sarrki:

Nigerian have a very long ride to go

In another news

A judge has over N500m in his account WITHOUT any other known business, a trial judge said it is NOT an evidence of corruption!
Aare afe babalola will make that 500m from 3 solid cases.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Babajide Sanwo-Olu, Femi Hamzat, Their Wives During APC Rally Today / I Need Oshiomhole's Services In Abuja- Buhari / Osun Disburses First Tranche Of Paris Club Refund Released By FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.