Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million (33460 Views)

BREAKING: EFCC Unfreezes Benue Govt’s Accounts. / 31 Suspects Put $11.4m In Patience Jonathan's Account (Photo) / Court Unfreezes 16 Accounts Belonging To Patience Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by Ubenedictus(m): 4:26pm On Apr 06, 2017
erico2k2:

Nop in a sane country the prosecutors would ha e to establish a case of fraud or corruption . Accused is to defend .
This isn't true! If you own huge properties that is disproportion to your income then, those properties may be forfieted in accordance with EFFCC ACT ART 19(1)A

2 Likes

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by eiknarf14(m): 4:27pm On Apr 06, 2017
Eazybay:

There are no charges against her bro.. The accounts were freezes in connection to a laundery ring.. She went to court to claim d accounts freezed belonged to her.

Thanks for tht *key* piece of information. If there wasn't any charges against her and she has shown substantial evidence in court then.....Voila
Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by goldedprince: 4:27pm On Apr 06, 2017
patience jonathan: judge take 30% and give me the balance. its better for us to share this money than for nigeria to take it. all the recovered looted funds, have you seen them do anything with it?
judge use your brain o......

judge: i think you got a point there. ok i will do just that. just appear in court for formality. i will unfreeze all the accounts.

patience jonathan: now nigerians will know that deris god ooooooooooooooo
Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by precious1967(m): 4:28pm On Apr 06, 2017
our judiciary ll reduce pmb's administration to powerless bull dog. eg. dasukigate, kanu, justice & mrs ademola etc. na wa o.
Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by OwoLee(m): 4:28pm On Apr 06, 2017
Nigerian judiciary sys is fuelling corruption among the citizens.Ibori was convicted in U.K. cos of Nigerian failed judiciary system...

2 Likes

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by lexy2014: 4:33pm On Apr 06, 2017
ephi123:

infact they should share it abeg cheesy

Ibori has properties in Knightsbridge, that is one of the most affluent neighbourhoods in London. There is something really wrong when people are defending these people either for religious or "my brother, my tribe" or monetary (BMC) reasons.
dear when u reason this country u will 4get 2 think of ur own future. 2 think that south Koreans could push their president out of office cos of ordinary bribe is amazing. just hustle ur own make God do 4 me as e do 4 all this big big people

2 Likes

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by ephi123(f): 4:35pm On Apr 06, 2017
lexy2014:
dear when u reason this country u will 4get 2 think of ur own future. 2 think that south Koreans could push their president out of office cos of ordinary bribe is amazing. just hustle ur own make God do 4 me as e do 4 all this big big people

I tell you, honestly, you've said it all. anyone waiting for govt is just wasting time.

2 Likes

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by freeze001(f): 4:38pm On Apr 06, 2017
First, the Nigerian jurisdiction is not the US. Secondly, the EFCC was under no compulsion to charge the defendants to court without sufficient evidence to sustain such charges. The implication was that hey ought to have concluded their investigation and been satisfied that they could clear every reasonable doubt and secure a conviction. The defendant is not expected to remain suspended , away from his job and subjected to public opprobrium while the EFCC is pussyfooting in an ongoing trial.

Furthermore, it would amount to descending into the arena of conflict for the judge to order more investigation whilst keeping the accounts frozen when the prosecution didn't ask for same. The prosecution moved the court and came ready to proceed with trial. If their evidence was insufficient then the judge will not do the job of the prosecution. He remains neutral as an arbiter of justice.

Finally, attempting to be condescending by claiming to be sorry for yourself is uncalled for. This is a forum for civil engagements.

Eruditor:

Intelligent sophistry.

There is such a thing as a judgement of sensitivity where the account remains frozen and not confiscated or returned to govt coffers. The rationale behind unfreezing the account because of a want of evidence supporting the accusation exposes the corruption in the judicial system.

In Virginia in 2013, a Mayor was forced to resign because his wife purchased an $8000 wristwatch. Had it been Nigeria, the argument would have been for the prosecution to provide evidence that $8000 was missing from somewhere and that it was transferred to the account of the Mayor. That just smacks off idiocy and lack of judicial competence.

Even if the prosecution cannot provide evidence that the sum of say N500M was missing from an account and could not trace how that sum was lodged in the account of one Justice Ademola, the very tenets of common sense should make the judge allow that account to remain frozen while investigations are ongoing. I mean, this is not some ExxonMobil CEO that can always prove his annual remunarations can get to that sum. This is a chief judge who tendered evidence about his remunerations and emoluments in a year and it did not exceed N25M yet this judge does not think it egregious that Justice Ademola has N500M in his account.

And you are here, using fine-sounding hogwash to bamboozle unsuspecting and sometimes asinine youths that the judgement is fair simply because you hate PMB.

I am sorry for you.

2 Likes

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by Buharimustgo: 4:41pm On Apr 06, 2017
sarrki:

Nigerian have a very long ride to go

In another news

A judge has over N500m in his account WITHOUT any other known business, a trial judge said it is NOT an evidence of corruption!

So does seeing 500million equate to corruption? Don't allow ur BMC salary remove ur sense of reasoning

2 Likes

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by eiknarf14(m): 4:42pm On Apr 06, 2017
BeardedMeat:
Lolzz...denial can't get you anywhere.

Guy I'm not in denial, you are ! ! !

I'm seating in my office right now, overlooking the English channels in Dover and the coast of France - Calais, maybe u need google to help you geo-locate where that is

1 Like

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 4:46pm On Apr 06, 2017
dunkem21:
Zombies won't like this cheesy

Who is the real zombie, You pray to have a country like US, UK, France etc, You keep blaming the Govt for not making things right and you still support those that brought us this far.. I know and i can bet my life your generation are not living the life they wanted but you think everything is right..

2 Likes

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by deomello: 4:47pm On Apr 06, 2017
do4luv14:

lozzz i do, but the truth mst be told, the EFCC jst jump on a case and vomp its in court without proper investigation,

and besides she had a right to her moni lik me and you do hav rights to ours, or is she the first first lady to hav such sums,

lets face it, the efcc Bleep up bad. Very bad,
cos if they indeed hav a case against her, they would have investigate the transection that lead to her having such sumz, before freezing and taking t to court,

i hav already seem the case as DOA period

EFCC actually is doing a wonderful job and performing beyond expectation especially with sound financial forensics they present before the judiciary.

Many of the cases are slam and dunk cases like this is where the money came from, this is where the money went and into whose account with forensic proof and testimonies from bank officials and so on. These are easy cases that the judiciary is tossing aside because of the same corrupt judiciary.

The fact that the corrupt judiciary is making bad and corrupt judgement doesn't mean the EFCC is not doing a great Job so stop confusing yourself.

How many of these corrupt people on trial have been able to explain where the funds in their accounts came from?

No matter what evidence you have or how good you are doing, you can not get sound and just judgement with corrupt judges making the final decisions.

1 Like

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by Ubenedictus(m): 4:48pm On Apr 06, 2017
BeardedMeat:
My friend quiet!!! He who alleges must prove! Too much telemundo in your empty skull already.
And you my friend are unaware of nigerian law specifically EFCC ART 18(3), which says that "the fact that an accused person is in possession of pecuniary resources or property for which he cannot satisfactorily account and which is disproportionate to his know sources of income..." is considered proof that d asset should be forfieted

3 Likes

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by rusher14: 4:49pm On Apr 06, 2017
eiknarf14:

I'm seating in my office right now, overlooking the English channels in Dover and the coast of France - Calais, maybe u need google to help you geo-locate where that is

These guys can't believe the people that fight for the goodness of Nigeria are not even dependent on the country for their livelihood.

They'll call you any dirty name they can come up with just to make themselves feel good.
Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 4:52pm On Apr 06, 2017
eph12:
Based on? Is this what we going to face till this administration is over?

The judiciary are not helping at all and wanna continue living in their corrupt ways..

The youths and masses of this Nation are in for a big Sh1t.

1 Like

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by eiknarf14(m): 4:53pm On Apr 06, 2017
rusher14:

These guys can't believe the people that fight for the goodness of Nigeria are not even dependent on the country for their livelihood.

They'll call you any dirty name they can come up with just to make themselves feel good.

Well someone already called me ignorant . . . Na them sabi book pass !!!

1 Like

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by Ubenedictus(m): 4:53pm On Apr 06, 2017
Eazybay:

Okay u love argument, dis should put it to rest.
Onus probandi I quid icit non equi negat that is to say, d burden of proof lies on he who proves not on he who denies.

Simple Justice template
EFCC ACT 18(3)

2 Likes

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 4:55pm On Apr 06, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

The judiciary are not helping at all and wanna continue living in their corrupt ways..

The youths and masses of this Nation are in for a big Sh1t.
The judiciary remains the last hope for the common man after the 8th assembly. Lets give it to the judiciary tongue

1 Like

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by Ubenedictus(m): 4:56pm On Apr 06, 2017
bobby56:

But Magu and his EFCC outfit does not have CONCRETE evidence(s) to prosecute these cases. You don't win a corruption/criminal case by mere MEDIA Propaganda, you must present genuine evidences and prove your case beyond every reasonable doubt. So friend, stop whinny over a lost case. BUHARI had only tried to whip up sentiments through his Anti-corruption crusade (while he steals the Nation blind- another ABACHA style) and pursue a refined version of decree 101 to hurl perceived enemies and political opponents into prison (and seized their monies), but that method had backfired because this is Democracy. No matter how fast evil can travel, TRUTH will always catch up with it.
The posession of disportionate wealth is itself proof needed EFCC 18(3)
Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by deomello: 4:57pm On Apr 06, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

Who is the real zombie, You pray to have a country like US, UK, France etc, You keep blaming the Govt for not making things right and you still support those that brought us this far.. I know and i can bet my life your generation are not living the life they wanted but you think everything is right..

Well said.

Many of these absurd posters and their warped comments are Igbos with twisted mentality against Nigeria.

There issue is Nigeria as a country and they wish nothing good for Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by BeardedMeat(m): 5:07pm On Apr 06, 2017
Ubenedictus:
And you my friend are unaware of nigerian law specifically EFCC ART 18(3), which says that "the fact that an accused person is in possession of pecuniary resources or property for which he cannot satisfactorily account and which is disproportionate to his know sources of income..." is considered proof that d asset should be forfieted
So why is Efcc losing all their cases? My fren, goan sidown!
Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by BeardedMeat(m): 5:08pm On Apr 06, 2017
eiknarf14:

grin grin angry angry God punish BMC! grin
Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by deomello: 5:12pm On Apr 06, 2017
BeardedMeat:
So why is Efcc losing all their cases? My fren, goan sidown!

The fact that corrupt judges are rendering corrupt judgements doesn't mean the efcc is not doing it's job correctly.

You should tell us why Nigerian Judges are on trial with millions of dollars in their bank accounts and under their bed.

1 Like

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by dnawah(m): 5:16pm On Apr 06, 2017
Mummy P mummy P God don answer my prayers.chie they don finaly release am.anything 4 me?
Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by deomello: 5:19pm On Apr 06, 2017
The EFCC had reportedly found that the bank accounts of a serving Justice held more than N2 billion. And when the EFCC summoned her to appear for interrogation, she rushed to court and obtained an order to stop the EFCC from acting on her case. She was later “compulsorily retired” by the NJC. The justice who prevented her interrogation, was one of the Judges arrested over the weekend, with $500,000 allegedly found in his bedroom. There have been reports that some of the Judges have been in on the act of selling judgments in Nigeria, so much it had become a pastime.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/justice-sale-judiciary-trial-allegations-bribery-amongst-judges-ravage-nation/

See how the NJC (Corrupt Judiciary Cabal) protect and shield themselves when caught red handed.

1 Like

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by eiknarf14(m): 5:22pm On Apr 06, 2017
BeardedMeat:
grin grin angry angry God punish BMC! grin

Whatever BMC means.... Not conversant with ur slangs guy

1 Like

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by do4luv14(m): 5:22pm On Apr 06, 2017
deomello:

EFCC actually is doing a wonderful job and performing beyond expectation especially with sound financial forensics they present before the judiciary.

Many of the cases are slam and dunk cases like this is where the money came from, this is where the money went and into whose account with forensic proof and testimonies from bank officials and so on. These are easy cases that the judiciary is tossing aside because of the same corrupt judiciary.

The fact that the corrupt judiciary is making bad and corrupt judgement doesn't mean the EFCC is not doing a great Job so stop confusing yourself.

How many of these corrupt people on trial have been able to explain where the funds in their accounts came from?

No matter what evidence you have or how good you are doing, you can not get sound and just judgement with corrupt judges making the final decisions.

should i add pervert to your name, wen will you wake up from sleep,

tell me wia you hear about the efcc doing such,

lets see the were investigating a minister abi its jona cousins, only Dem knows how they link the said sumz to her acct, and yet she had challenge Dem,or i stand to be correct,

so by befor you type anytin, check well ok?,

tootless bulldog called efcc
Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by goodluckebi(m): 5:25pm On Apr 06, 2017
Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by deomello: 5:42pm On Apr 06, 2017
do4luv14:

should i add pervert to your name, wen will you wake up from sleep,

tell me wia you hear about the efcc doing such,

lets see the were investigating a minister abi its jona cousins, only Dem knows how they link the said sumz to her acct, and yet she had challenge Dem,or i stand to be correct,

so by befor you type anytin, check well ok?,

tootless bulldog called efcc

Hard to understand your gibberish.

Lean how to formulate proper basic words.

1 Like

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by BeardedMeat(m): 5:44pm On Apr 06, 2017
eiknarf14:

Whatever BMC means.... Not conversant with ur slangs guy
grin Smdh!
Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by Mouthgag: 5:46pm On Apr 06, 2017
positivelord:
Magu the busybody master.... This Magu i entirely useless. Buhari should change that idiot asap. He keep winning on media and loosing in court.
Use your brain
Is it his fault?
You should give some credits...

1 Like

Re: Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million by BeardedMeat(m): 5:46pm On Apr 06, 2017
deomello:

The fact that corrupt judges are rendering corrupt judgements doesn't mean the efcc is not doing it's job correctly.

You should tell us why Nigerian Judges are on trial with millions of dollars in their bank accounts and under their bed.
Corrupt judges you say...are we not in change era? Where is Buhary's body language?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

MKO Abiola: Dele Momodu Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration / Afenifere: Osinbajo Practically Out Of Buhari’s Government / What Does The South West Offer Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.