Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,495 members, 7,812,530 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand (66720 Views)

The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) / Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa / The Olorogun Title Of The Urhobo/isoko People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by NNAMDICE: 10:51pm On Apr 10, 2017
fratermathy:

Why so pained man?

Take it easy. Your time to shine is already beckoning!

THAT IS YOUR BUSSINESS I AM ONLY MAKING MY POINT AND DEFENDING MY TRIBE,BUT THOSE WHO HAVE MINGLED WITH THE ISOKOS AND URHOBOS WILL UNDERSTAND BETTER WHAT I MEAN

2 Likes

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Nobody: 10:51pm On Apr 10, 2017
Amarabae:
I don't think that Urhobos or Isokos are not the 5th largest tribe in Nigeria.
Kanuris are more populated than Urhobos.
Btw Nice thread.

no ma, it's on record on various writings across Nigeria the Urhobos are the fifth largest in the country ma... verify..
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by fratermathy(m): 10:53pm On Apr 10, 2017
nengibo:

Are they more than the Efik/Ibibio/Annang peoples

These people, collectively, may be able to challenge Urhobo's population.

However, they have never agreed that they are one people. They waste no time in informing anyone who wants to hear that they are different ethnic groups. When seen as different, their numbers, individually, do not rival that of Urhobos. However, when they come together as a single people, we may have a contender and I strongly believe that we will still win.

However, this is not a competition or contest. Just enjoy the thread and leave the rest for Nigeria to solve. We are all minorities, after all!
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Nobody: 10:53pm On Apr 10, 2017
GodIsBiafran:
God forbid for we Ibos to identify with Warri. The same Itshekiris and Ijaws and Urhobo that are opposed to joining biafra! Tufiakwa!! I demand the OP to rectify that lie from his post. RIGHT NOW!!

stop being a wimp. the Urhobo's have divisions from time memorial. I'm Urhobo and believe in the actualization of the Biafra. take it easy

1 Like

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by fratermathy(m): 10:55pm On Apr 10, 2017
NNAMDICE:

THAT IS YOUR BUSSINESS I AM ONLY MAKING MY POINT AND DEFENDING MY TRIBE,BUT THOSE WHO HAVE MINGLED WITH THE ISOKOS AND URHOBOS WILL UNDERSTAND BETTER WHAT I MEAN

Don't be so pained bro. I understand your frustration, I really do. I have been where you are right now. That was when I was 14/15 or thereabout. I outgrew it finally. I have hope and faith that you would outgrow yours too.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by fratermathy(m): 10:56pm On Apr 10, 2017
amiablesystems:

stop being a wimp. the Urhobo's have divisions from time memorial. I'm Urhobo and believe in the actualization of the Biafra. take it easy
Oshare, ekuoto vor r'Urhobo oyin vwon nurhe? Vwe we omo ri Biafra? Vwo me jomavwe yoton o! angry

Vwo da guono tota, tota komavwe. Ihwo'Urhobo guoni Biafra a!
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Nobody: 10:56pm On Apr 10, 2017
Amarabae:
you are the one embarrasing Igbos here, oh you mean Ipob progress? Has reality dawn on you bunch of jokes that the urhobos, isokos etc are not interested in ipob agitation?
Who will oppose Igbos if they agitate for a country for the Igbos only?
stop all these tyranical mentality..

Many of the emerging Younger generation in the Niger Delta believe the igbos should choose how they want to live, hence the neccessity of the Biafra, it isn't as it's widely speculated that all in the Niger Delta oppose the biafra,i do not.. and will continue to support itso God will deliver Nigeria from the contraption it currently is..

1 Like

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Nowenuse: 10:56pm On Apr 10, 2017
Amarabae:
I don't think that Urhobos or Isokos are not the 5th largest tribe in Nigeria.
Kanuris are more populated than Urhobos.
Btw Nice thread.

Correct. OP fratermathy take note. Urhobos cannot be the 5th largest ethnic group. No way are Urhobos more than Kanuris or Tivs. Even tribes like Nupe, Gbagyi and Igala likely outnumber Urhobo.

4 Likes

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Nixiepie(f): 10:57pm On Apr 10, 2017
hammerF:

na all of us follow Oooo! how body? grin
follow where?

Body dey inside cloth oo bros
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by NNAMDICE: 10:57pm On Apr 10, 2017
fratermathy:

I guess the below answers you:

THANK YOU MY SISTER THEIR MEN ARE SO LAZY THAT THEY STAY AT HOME AND THEIR WIFES WILL GO AND HUSTLE AND BRING MONEY TO FEED THEM,,I HAPPEN TO BE A GRADUATE FROM DELSU SO I HAVE LIVED WITH THEM AND I UNDERSTAND THEM...AND THEY CAN MARRY SO MANY WIFES LIKE THE FULANIS,,EVEN THE YOUNG ONES WITH NO JOBS...THATS WHY THEIR WOMAN ARE ALWAYS CRAZY ABOUT THE DELTA IGBOS THEY LIKE TO MARRY US
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by fratermathy(m): 10:58pm On Apr 10, 2017
Nowenuse:

Correct. OP take note. Urhobos cannot be the 5th largest ethnic group. No way are Urhobos more than Kanuris or Tivs. Even tribes like Nupe, Gbagyi and Igala likely outnumber Urhobo.

Urhobo's position is well documented in numerous academic sources.

Anything you are saying now should be with cited authority.
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by dragonking3: 10:58pm On Apr 10, 2017
The way this tribal thing is getting out of hand on this forum is a thing of concern. Look at the beautiful write up done by the OP only to allow the tribalistic bigots to derail this thread.
Seun, Lalasticlala, myndd44 you guys really need to address this issue and find a lasting solution to this unwanted behavior. It is getting too much and out of hand .. Serial tribalistic should get their IP address permanently banned.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Nobody: 10:59pm On Apr 10, 2017
afonjaheadhunt:
if this thread is for urhobo-isokos why mention Igbo's and if those groups are identified as a distinct ethnic group who are the Igbos you referred to in your post that identity with warri.? And why did Mr president tag, Godwin Emifele, as Igbo, how about tony Elumelu, Pat Utomi, Ngozi Iwela, Kachukwu, Your Governor Ifeanyi Okowa are they not Igbo too, ? The truth is you actually wish they were a distinct group from the Igbo's, but sorry that is your loss...

none of these guys are igbos, stop deciving yourself.. go to the anioma region tell them they are igbo and watch the look on their faces, stop deciving yourself, let people be who they are, if the SE wants biafra, an identity, then should Anioma not be left to decide her identity similarly?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Nobody: 10:59pm On Apr 10, 2017
Efewestern:

lolz.. it's not easy to please everybody oniovo. the thread was free from any tribal sentiment..

but to let peace reign, just remove ukwuani and ika and replace with igbo. na there the problem they come.

grin grin ..

lalasticlala

tell the ukwuani and ika this and yu go cause riot o. i no dey

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by fratermathy(m): 10:59pm On Apr 10, 2017
NNAMDICE:

THANK YOU MY SISTER THEIR MEN ARE SO LAZY THAT THEY STAY AT HOME AND THEIR WIFES WILL GO AND HUSTLE AND BRING MONEY TO FEED THEM,,I HAPPEN TO BE A GRADUATE FROM DELSU SO I HAVE LIVED WITH THEM AND I UNDERSTAND THEM...AND THEY CAN MARRY SO MANY WIFES LIKE THE FULANIS,,EVEN THE YOUNG ONES WITH NO JOBS...THATS WHY THEIR WOMAN ARE ALWAYS CRAZY ABOUT THE DELTA IGBOS THEY LIKE TO MARRY US

Your outbursts remind me of someone I used to know. He was so full of hate and pain. He hated everyone but himself. In fact, he's now suffering from chronic schizophrenia.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by hammerF: 11:00pm On Apr 10, 2017
Nixiepie:
follow where?

Body dey inside cloth oo bros

Isoko waado! grin

I be original Isoko boy. Dem go fear! Where dem dey! Ipob!
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by nengibo: 11:01pm On Apr 10, 2017
Sanchez01:

You could have passed without your madness angry

The Kanuris were thought to be the fourth largest ethnic group, beating the Ijaw nation to the spot. There were controversies surrounding this in 2006, following Jonathan's emergence, one which many claimed tipped the Ijaws to the spot against the Kanuris. However, following the wake of of terrorism in Borno and other areas, the size of the ethnic group has dwindled. World atlas confirms this and even claim that Boko Haram is of Kanuri descent. Presently, the Kanuris make up just 4% of the country's population.

Urhobo is the fifth largest ethnic group with over four million people (according to the 2016 census). The number has increased dramatically over the past 10 years.
All these butthurt Igbos, dat can't live without mentioning the Izon apu, don't worry it will soon be wazo bo lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by hammerF: 11:03pm On Apr 10, 2017
In fact, the Delta Igbos are beginning to identify with the Warri brand as it is now.

@Fratermathy, i like dis comment. dont take it too far though! Every Naija man can identify with the Warri brand as a bad ...from the naija. tongue

1 Like

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Nixiepie(f): 11:03pm On Apr 10, 2017
hammerF:

Isoko waado! grin

I be original Isoko boy. Dem go fear! Where dem dey! Ipob!
grin nice

E be like say we plenty here sef
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Nobody: 11:03pm On Apr 10, 2017
nkemdi89:
Warri is a great place, as a proud deltan I love to identify with them, that aspect of pidgin English I am trying to minimize my speaking, because have observed it creates an impression of one being rude, academically backward especially when communicating with people from other regions. The slogan warri no dey carry last indirectly has negative effects on the people as most of them are lazy and are always looking for short cut to success. If an urhobo man dupes you, you will understand that an IBO man is learning, that's why the anioma people refer to them as urhobo wayo. The op is a passionate urhobo man who has the love for his people, warri people should keep pride aside and develop other hidden potentials in them.

Ma i advise not to quit pidgin saying it denotes rudeness, when i speak English people can't pick up.Aha yu know how we are when we really wanna speak, so to put things in slow gear and function at the level of others i speak thrashy english and pidgin most times...
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by dragonking3: 11:04pm On Apr 10, 2017
fratermathy:

This is something that they can easily say. I have done what you said.

I hope this makes frontpage though. I've sent it to be published on other platforms too.
Although we disagree otobo issue, I will say don't edit anything. Anyone who is not happy with the write up can go and jump into the ocean

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by NNAMDICE: 11:04pm On Apr 10, 2017
fratermathy:

Don't be so pained bro. I understand your frustration, I really do. I have been where you are right now. That was when I was 14/15 or thereabout. I outgrew it finally. I have hope and faith that you would outgrow yours too.

YOU ARE TALKIN RUBBISH ,FRUSTRATION ON WHAT?ON THIS URHOBO TRASH YOUR ARE TALKING ABOUT?
GUY BE RATIONAL..EVEN FOR FEDERAL LEVEL WE THE DELTA IGBOS HAVE MADE IMPACTS MORE THAN U GUYS,,,EVEN ENTERTAINMENT...,SPORTS ETC SO WHY SHOULD I BE FRUSTRATED..AM ONLY TRYING TO MAKE YOU SEE YOUR STUPIDITY

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by dragonking3: 11:06pm On Apr 10, 2017
GodIsBiafran:
angry Seun. Please don't bring this thread to front-page. The OP has not FULLY apologized for his anti-Igbo bigotry. angry
Oga, open another thread and let's us discuss the anti Igbo bigotry you are talking about because the only bigot here is you. angry angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by hammerF: 11:07pm On Apr 10, 2017
Nixiepie:
grin nice

E be like say we plenty here sef

Na today! We buku Oooo! Nothing Nothing! Na so we full ground...
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Nowenuse: 11:07pm On Apr 10, 2017
Wonderful thread afterall.

Warri is a city for minority tribes in Nigeria but the name and influence it has in Nigeria is so high and wonderful. Thanks to the Urhobos-Isokos, Itsekiris and Ijaws for doing this.

I also truly wish Warri to become an entertainment hub in Nigeria. Everything must not be centred in Lagos afterall.
However it really takes a very developed place to attract the settling of succesful artistes. Warri since it's not the state capital has been disadvantaged to an extent in that aspect. Only govt effort can take Warri to developed heights in order to compete nationally, if not, all Warri stars and talents will keep on relocating to Lagos and investing all there. It's quite sad.

1 Like

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 10, 2017
fratermathy:

Oshare, ekuoto vor r'Urhobo oyin vwon nurhe? Vwe we omo ri Biafra? Vwo me jomavwe yoton o! angry

Vwo da guono tota, tota komavwe. Ihwo'Urhobo guoni Biafra a!

lol bro.. Yep I support the Biafra, one valid reason i support the igbos getting Biafra? I don't see a simple reason not to. As a matter of fact i regret we didnt join the civil war which i believe was a right course, take a look at the society is all well with Nigeria over 40 years after the civil war if the voice and purpose against the civil war was just?

4 Likes

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by jullty: 11:07pm On Apr 10, 2017
lipsrsealed tongue

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by teebee22(f): 11:07pm On Apr 10, 2017
;Dproudly wafarian. abeg carry go.
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Nobody: 11:09pm On Apr 10, 2017
NNAMDICE:

lol speak for yourself... come over to my crib and come see me work,.. Lol

1 Like

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Lilimax(f): 11:09pm On Apr 10, 2017
I beg to disagree at OP, that popular exclamation "Ewooo" is a confirmed Igbo word and not warri slang as you claimed in your article. BTW, I enjoyed you4 write up. smiley

1 Like

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by GodIsBiafran: 11:10pm On Apr 10, 2017
dragonking3:
[s]Oga, open another thread and let's us discuss the anti Igbo bigotry you are talking about because the only bigot here is you.[/s] angry angry

unmitigated thrash - STAY OFF MY MENTIONS!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) / Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony / Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.