Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,456 members, 7,812,395 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:43 PM

Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand (66704 Views)

The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) / Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa / The Olorogun Title Of The Urhobo/isoko People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Nixiepie(f): 11:10pm On Apr 10, 2017
hammerF:

Na today! We buku Oooo! Nothing Nothing! Na so we full ground...
carry go we dey ur back gidigba tongue
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by GodIsBiafran: 11:11pm On Apr 10, 2017
Lilimax:
I beg to disagree at OP, that popular exclamation "Ewooo" is a confirmed Igbo word and not warru slang as you claimed. BTW, I enjoyed you4 write up. smiley

Don't mind the shameless bigot

1 Like

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Nobody: 11:11pm On Apr 10, 2017
NNAMDICE:

THANK YOU MY SISTER THEIR MEN ARE SO LAZY THAT THEY STAY AT HOME AND THEIR WIFES WILL GO AND HUSTLE AND BRING MONEY TO FEED THEM,,I HAPPEN TO BE A GRADUATE FROM DELSU SO I HAVE LIVED WITH THEM AND I UNDERSTAND THEM...AND THEY CAN MARRY SO MANY WIFES LIKE THE FULANIS,,EVEN THE YOUNG ONES WITH NO JOBS...THATS WHY THEIR WOMAN ARE ALWAYS CRAZY ABOUT THE DELTA IGBOS THEY LIKE TO MARRY US

the reason why the Urhobos marry the delta igbos you quoted is wrong, obviously you need to do lots of work and searching.... i dey laff. I'm from a clan that has never married outside the trie for over 10 geenrations we no get complains, but we admire the delta igbos in ways you won'tunderstand, not the one u quoted, draw near to people and find out truths before u reach sudden judgements
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Nowenuse: 11:11pm On Apr 10, 2017
fratermathy:

Urhobo's position is well documented in numerous academic sources.

Anything you are saying now should be with cited authority.

The last ethnic census that was done in 1963 recognised well the larger population of Kanuris, Tivs and even Nupes ahead of Urhobos. You can verify. Since then, we have not had an ethnic census. So i wonder what statistics made Urhobo 5th largest in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by ahnie: 11:12pm On Apr 10, 2017
GodIsBiafran:
God forbid for we Ibos to identify with Warri. The same Itshekiris and Ijaws and Urhobo that are opposed to joining biafra! Tufiakwa!! I demand the OP to rectify that lie from his post. RIGHT NOW!!

We ror oshare leave matter as e bee.no bee by force to align.
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by NNAMDICE: 11:13pm On Apr 10, 2017
amiablesystems:

lol bro.. Yep I support the Biafra, one valid reason i support the igbos getting Biafra? I don't see a simple reason not to. As a matter of fact i regret we didnt join the civil war which i believe was a right course, take a look at the society is all well with Nigeria over 40 years after the civil war if the voice and purpose against the civil war was just?

YOU ARE TALKING MATUREDLY MY BROTHER....BUT TELL YOUR OVIE THAT
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Nobody: 11:13pm On Apr 10, 2017
Sanchez01:

You could have passed without your madness angry

The Kanuris were thought to be the fourth largest ethnic group, beating the Ijaw nation to the spot. There were controversies surrounding this in 2006, following Jonathan's emergence, one which many claimed tipped the Ijaws to the spot against the Kanuris. However, following the wake of of terrorism in Borno and other areas, the size of the ethnic group has dwindled. World atlas confirms this and even claim that Boko Haram is of Kanuri descent. Presently, the Kanuris make up just 4% of the country's population.

Urhobo is the fifth largest ethnic group with over four million people (according to the 2016 census). The number has increased dramatically over the past 10 years.
2016 census?
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by hammerF: 11:14pm On Apr 10, 2017
Nixiepie:
carry go we dey ur back gidigba tongue
I throway salute!

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by fratermathy(m): 11:14pm On Apr 10, 2017
NNAMDICE:

YOU ARE TALKIN RUBBISH ,FRUSTRATION ON WHAT?ON THIS URHOBO TRASH YOUR ARE TALKING ABOUT?
GUY BE RATIONAL..EVEN FOR FEDERAL LEVEL WE THE DELTA IGBOS HAVE MADE IMPACTS MORE THAN U GUYS,,,EVEN ENTERTAINMENT...,SPORTS ETC SO WHY SHOULD I BE FRUSTRATED..AM ONLY TRYING TO MAKE YOU SEE YOUR STUPIDITY

When I read your comments, I weep for the future of our nation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by GodIsBiafran: 11:14pm On Apr 10, 2017
ahnie:

We ror oshare leave matter as e bee.no bee by force to align.

angry Who is aligning with you? abeg park well angry
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by dragonking3: 11:14pm On Apr 10, 2017
GodIsBiafran:

unmitigated thrash - STAY OFF MY MENTIONS!
I opened this thread to see some nice comments only to view tribal clowns like you ranting up and down, so if you want wahala, you go carry wahala for your head. I get una time today.

3 Likes

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by do4luv14(m): 11:14pm On Apr 10, 2017
GodIsBiafran:
God forbid for we Ibos to identify with Warri. The same Itshekiris and Ijaws and Urhobo that are opposed to joining biafra! Tufiakwa!! I demand the OP to rectify that lie from his post. RIGHT NOW!!

dey dia dey deny ursef, wen kasala burst open fowl yansh, you go no

ISOKO WADO!!!!...

URHOBO WADOOO!!!!....

ONIOVO-ME WADOOOOO!!!...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Nobody: 11:15pm On Apr 10, 2017
Amarabae:
so men are talking, a woman should not talk? Or does the truth scare you?
lol... A feminist dectected... I also detected the sexists you quoted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by teebee22(f): 11:15pm On Apr 10, 2017
NNAMDICE:

THANK YOU MY SISTER THEIR MEN ARE SO LAZY THAT THEY STAY AT HOME AND THEIR WIFES WILL GO AND HUSTLE AND BRING MONEY TO FEED THEM,,I HAPPEN TO BE A GRADUATE FROM DELSU SO I HAVE LIVED WITH THEM AND I UNDERSTAND THEM...AND THEY CAN MARRY SO MANY WIFES LIKE THE FULANIS,,EVEN THE YOUNG ONES WITH NO JOBS...THATS WHY THEIR WOMAN ARE ALWAYS CRAZY ABOUT THE DELTA IGBOS THEY LIKE TO MARRY US
just look at your life. y the hate and bitterness. anyway it is your hate and bitterness. undecided[quote author=NNAMDICE post=55457421]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by hammerF: 11:15pm On Apr 10, 2017
@Nixiepie, how u take dey gbadu my Isoko swagger?
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Nobody: 11:15pm On Apr 10, 2017
GodIsBiafran:
Lol, i have many friends from delta ibo, trust me all of them dey claim warri.

3 Likes

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Nobody: 11:16pm On Apr 10, 2017
fratermathy:

Oshare, ekuoto vor r'Urhobo oyin vwon nurhe? Vwe we omo ri Biafra? Vwo me jomavwe yoton o! angry

Vwo da guono tota, tota komavwe. Ihwo'Urhobo guoni Biafra a!

bro i choose my path. I don't obey clannish rules, It's better to help the igbos achieve Biafra, speaking strategically, and from what i see in the Spirit, i will keep supporting Biafra, there's no need for the entire Niger Delta to be afriad of when i'm alive, if any yawa dey, una go knw say some ppl dey. We are watching, we are waiting, we are preparing... change is coming home soon..... prepare for the harvest, focus on our strengths than what another man can be if he's released, the igbos want the Biafra and they must get it...just as the Niger Delta wants resource control it equates the reason should get their independence, not the other way around. I knw the fear in most Urhobo's heart,but leave that out..there's nothing to be afraid of, no tribe can ever defeat us in a battle I swear it on my fada's grave, i didnt spend over 20 years studying Physics and Chemistry for nothing..

1 Like

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by fratermathy(m): 11:16pm On Apr 10, 2017
amiablesystems:

lol bro.. Yep I support the Biafra, one valid reason i support the igbos getting Biafra? I don't see a simple reason not to. As a matter of fact i regret we didnt join the civil war which i believe was a right course, take a look at the society is all well with Nigeria over 40 years after the civil war if the voice and purpose against the civil war was just?

You didn't answer ANYTHING I posted in Urhobo.

Ekuoto vo oyin vwo nurhe?
Answer this then we can talk.

1 Like

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by ahnie: 11:17pm On Apr 10, 2017
GodIsBiafran:

angry Who is aligning with you? abeg park well angry

Maybe them dey share money to join biafra...anyways no be fight...leave matter as he be.
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by dragonking3: 11:17pm On Apr 10, 2017
Favybloom:
So much hatred and tribalistic comments from non-deltans here (especially the so called delta ibos). You Nigerians be complaining about racism from whites and here in Nigeria you cannot respect and love other people's culture. Op did a fine piece of writing here. Why is it difficult for you dimwit Nigerians to accept and love others? You people will carry religion on top head but your hearts are dark. Everything on this article is true. You are proud of your tribe so why can't op be proud of his? Stupid tribalistic brain dead africans! No wonder the whites call you monkeys!
The people complaining are not delta igbos ..check again
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by GodIsBiafran: 11:17pm On Apr 10, 2017
charliboy654:

[s]Lol, i have many friends from delta ibo, trust me all of them dey claim warri.[/s]

angry unmitigated thrash from the pit of hell - don't ever quote me again in your pathetic life. angry
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by fratermathy(m): 11:18pm On Apr 10, 2017
amiablesystems:

bro i choose my path. I don't obey clannish rules, It's better to help the igbos achieve Biafra, speaking strategically, and from what i see in the Spirit, i will keep supporting Biafra, there's no need for the entire Niger Delta to be afriad of when i'm alive, if any yawa dey, una go knw say some ppl dey. We are watching, we are waiting, we are preparing... change is coming home soon..... prepare for the harvest, focus on our strengths than what another man can be if he's released, the igbos want the Biafra and they must get it...just as the Niger Delta wants resource control it equates the reason should get their independence, not the other way around. I knw the fear in most Urhobo's heart,but leave that out..there's nothing to be afraid of, no tribe can ever defeat us in a battle I swear it on my fada's grave, i didnt spend over 20 years studying Physics and Chemistry for nothing..

There's no point arguing for or against Biafra because everything you say is your opinion. My question is simple:

Ekuoto vo oyin vwon nurhe?

Ihwo ri Biafra vwo supportu na, vwo mlo obor ayen ruru ovi ri threadi nana. Kpani vwor mle e?
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by LOGDAN(m): 11:18pm On Apr 10, 2017
Nixiepie:
lol same here grin

Omote eve?
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by GodIsBiafran: 11:19pm On Apr 10, 2017
ahnie:

Maybe them dey share money to join biafra...anyways no be fight...leave matter as he be.

typical stupid zoogerian woman with no sense. We are talking emancipation and she is talking about sharing money - smdh

1 Like

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Nobody: 11:20pm On Apr 10, 2017
fratermathy:

There's no point arguing for or against Biafra because everything you say is your opinion. My question is simple:

Ekuoto vo oyin vwon nurhe?

Ihwo ri Biafra vwo supportu na, vwo mlo obor ayen ruru ovi ri threadi nana. Kpani vwor mle e?

we shall see, in due time.. i'm on my way.. yu think so... it will first start @ home.. we will see
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Nobody: 11:20pm On Apr 10, 2017
GodIsBiafran:

angry unmitigated thrash from the pit of hell - don't ever quote me again in your pathetic life. angry
guy u seems so bittered n angry. No be me do u o.
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by LOGDAN(m): 11:20pm On Apr 10, 2017
hammerF:

na all of us follow Oooo! how body? grin

I think say na only me Waka come before ozana
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by NNAMDICE: 11:20pm On Apr 10, 2017
fratermathy:

When I read your comments, I weep for the future of our nation.

OKAY E DON DEY PAIN YOU NOW ABI?TELL THIS TO THE OP BECAUSE HE STARTED IT ALL...I CANT BE HERE AND WATCH YOU GUYS TRY TO BE LITTLE MY PEOPLE..HE WOULD HAVE SIMPLE CARRIED ON HIS MESSAGE WITHOUT MENTIONING THE DELTA IGBOS...I UNDERSTAND HE WAS TRYING TO PROMOTE THE WARRI BRAND BUT BECAUSE HE TRIED TO BELITTLE US,THE MOTIVE OF HIS MESSAGE IS ALREADY DEFEATED

3 Likes 1 Share

fratermathy:

You didn't answer ANYTHING I posted in Urhobo.

Ekuoto vo oyin vwo nurhe?
Answer this then we can talk.

lol
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by fratermathy(m): 11:21pm On Apr 10, 2017
Nowenuse:
Wonderful thread afterall.

Warri is a city for minority tribes in Nigeria but the name and influence it has in Nigeria is so high and wonderful. Thanks to the Urhobos-Isokos, Itsekiris and Ijaws for doing this.

I also truly wish Warri to become an entertainment hub in Nigeria. Everything must not be centred in Lagos afterall.
However it really takes a very developed place to attract the settling of succesful artistes. Warri since it's not the state capital has been disadvantaged to an extent in that aspect. Only govt effort can take Warri to developed heights in order to compete nationally, if not, all Warri stars and talents will keep on relocating to Lagos and investing all there. It's quite sad.

You have spoken well bro. Warri needs development first. However, I am of the opinion that if something big can be situated in Warri (even if it's just its own share of the entertainment industry), more attention will follow. The government is not seeing the potentials in Warri now because nothing is happening.

I really hope and pray for the day when Warri or anywhere near it will regain its place as a capital, be it in a new Delta State or an Urhobo State! I know it will happen someday.
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by fratermathy(m): 11:22pm On Apr 10, 2017
Lilimax:
I beg to disagree at OP, that popular exclamation "Ewooo" is a confirmed Igbo word and not warri slang as you claimed in your article. BTW, I enjoyed you4 write up. smiley

I never said it isn't an Igbo word. I said Warri people use it and the way we pronounce it gives it a comic effect! In fact, many of the words in Nigerian pidgin are borrowed from all over!
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by afonjaheadhunt: 11:22pm On Apr 10, 2017
amiablesystems:

none of these guys are igbos, stop deciving yourself.. go to the anioma region tell them they are igbo and watch the look on their faces, stop deciving yourself, let people be who they are, if the SE wants biafra, an identity, then should Anioma not be left to decide her identity similarly?
afonja sha

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) / Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony / Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.