Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,909 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Amaechis Port Harcourt! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechis Port Harcourt! (46177 Views)

The Truth Behind Amaechis' Travail / What Could Be Running In The Mind Of Amaechis' Wife (picture)? / The Amaechis (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by Chyz2: 5:49am On Jan 25, 2011
alj harem:

because they are not,, i think that is very simple your you and others to understand,.,,.,.,. just because my surname is Ciroma, are you going to call me hausa undecided  NO

so they are not,, simple smiley

Please can I have a real answer? You said "they are not Igbo", i just want to know how come? I understand the whole name thing,but because EzeUche's name is Uche, does that make him Igbo? and if not, what makes him Igbo?
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by aljharem(m): 5:52am On Jan 25, 2011
Chyz*:

Please can I have a real answer? You said "they are not Igbo", i just want to know how come? I understand the whole name thing,but because EzeUche's name is Uche, does that make him Igbo? and if not, what makes him Igbo?

now you are talking, what defines igbo

i think we should go and ask our elders undecided because ngwa, ika, ikwerri, delta ibo etc are saying they are not igbo undecided

we need to ask our elders who igbos are undecided
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by EzeUche2(m): 5:53am On Jan 25, 2011
People tend to forget that there are Aro-Ikwerre. The Aro have settled with Ikwerre long ago. And continue to have such hybrids. I will claim Port Harcourt as a home away from home. My birthplace if Port Harcourt. I speak the Ikwerre dialect. That makes me Port Harcourt to the core.  grin
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by johndoe200: 5:54am On Jan 25, 2011
Port Harcourt, is a mixed city, the original part of the city was not identified with any tribe. As the city grew it expanded to encompass Ikwere villages which were then incorporated into it. As the price of property rose more "cheap" Ikwere land was acquired to build houses.  

So there are non indigenous Nigerians who actually live in Ikwere villages and think they live in Port Harcourt.

As to Ibo or not, these are ideas which others like to propagate, and argue about especially on NL.
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by aljharem(m): 5:55am On Jan 25, 2011
EzeUche_:

People tend to forget that there are Aro-Ikwerre. The Aro have settled with Ikwerre long ago. And continue to have sch hybrids. I will claim Port Harcourt as a home away from home. My birthplace if Port Harcourt. I speak the Ikwerre dialect. That makes me Port Harcourt to the core.  grin

well go, i think you should leave a room space for me because i also will move to port harcount smiley
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by Chyz2: 5:56am On Jan 25, 2011
alj harem:

i think we should go and ask our elders undecided because ngwa, ika, ikwerri, delta ibo etc are saying they are not igbo undecided

Is anambra clans Igbo? are Imo clans Igbo and how about Enugu and Abia? Also, I am from Delta state(Anioma) and whe are Igbo so don't add us to the group you just listed, thank you. wink
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by ChinenyeN(m): 5:57am On Jan 25, 2011
alj harem:

no it is not an ijaw town

it is an ikwerri town, which i know they are not igbo,.,.,., or are they ?
Chyz*:

They are not? Huh, I didn't know that.I was always told that was an Igbo town.You learn something new everyday.What makes them not igbo though?
alj harem:

because they are not,, i think that is very simple your you and others to understand,.,,.,.,. just because my surname is Ciroma, are you going to call me hausa undecided  NO

so they are not,, simple smiley
Chyz*:

alj harem:

Chyz*:

Is anambra clans Igbo? are Imo clans Igbo and how about Enugu and Abia? Also, I am from Delta state(Anioma) and whe are Igbo so don't add us to the group you just listed, thank you. wink
Odo nunu!? Enough Already.
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by Chyz2: 6:00am On Jan 25, 2011
ChinenyeN:

Chinenye, why did i have a feeling u were lurking around. Its just a friendly debate that brings out history,we already know the answer. Join if you like cool
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by johndoe200: 6:00am On Jan 25, 2011
This thread has bee derailed by the[b] tribal nuts[/b] once more. Why can't you guys give it a rest?

alj harem started it, probably cos there is nowhere in his desert lands that can compete.

alj harem what's up no camels to hump?
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by aljharem(m): 6:01am On Jan 25, 2011
Chyz*:

hmmm chyz,, i think you do not get it

some of you ngwa and delta ibo claim to be igbos while others don't

i brought out trends to Ateketen to while if delta ibos are igbos ==== and he noticed they claim otherwise

ok i still have one about the ikwerri gotten from jason123
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by aljharem(m): 6:02am On Jan 25, 2011
ChinenyeN:

ok i will stop smiley
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by aljharem(m): 6:03am On Jan 25, 2011
johndoe200:

This thread has bee derailed by the[b] tribal nuts[/b] once more. Why can't you guys give it a rest?

alj harem started it, probably cos there is nowhere in his desert lands that can compete.

alj harem what's up no camels to hump?
i do not see anything tribal about the post above undecided

all we are aguring about is port harcount that's all,,,, what is tribal about that undecided did you see any insult or otherwise undecided
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by Chyz2: 6:04am On Jan 25, 2011
alj harem:

hmmm chyz,, i think you do not get it

some of you ngwa and delta ibo claim to be igbos while others don't

i brought out trends to Ateketen to while if delta ibos are igbos ==== and he noticed they claim otherwise

ok i still have one about the ikwerri gotten from jason123

Some of the people in imo,anambra,and ebonyi claim that they are not Igbo. Jason, barely knows about the itsekiri(sorry jason forgive me) so why would i need his word on the ikwerres?
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by johndoe200: 6:04am On Jan 25, 2011
Chyz*:

Chinenye, why did i have a feeling u were lurking around. Its just a friendly debate that brings out history,we already know the answer. Join if you like cool

That is not what this thread is about. Can't you take your debate to another thread, or most you contaminate everything you touch? You guys are like a virus.
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by aljharem(m): 6:05am On Jan 25, 2011
Chyz*:

Some of the people in imo,anambra,and ebonyi claim that they are not Igbo. Jason, barely knows about the itsekiri(sorry jason forgive me) so why would i need his word on the ikwerres?

do not worry chyz lets not derail this trend

it a discussion for another time smiley
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by EzeUche2(m): 6:05am On Jan 25, 2011
johndoe200:

That is not what this thread is about. Can't you take your debate to another thread, or most you contaminate everything you touch? You guys are like a virus.

And you are a buffoon for questioning me. I do not have patience for those who mock me. You hold your tongue next time boy. Do I make myself clear?
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by Chyz2: 6:08am On Jan 25, 2011
alj harem:

do not worry chyz lets not derail this trend

it a discussion for another time smiley

Yo Alj harem, i was about to let u have it, lol grin. But alright i'll drop it. cool
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by johndoe200: 6:12am On Jan 25, 2011
EzeUche_:

And you are a buffoon for questioning me. I do not have patience for those who mock me. You hold your tongue next time boy. Do I make myself clear?

Where I come from we don't get angry at mentally deranged people. We pity them and try and get them help. I have already advised you to get help have I not?
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by EzeUche2(m): 6:15am On Jan 25, 2011
johndoe200:

Where I come from we don't get angry at mentally deranged people. We pity them and try and get them help. I have already advised you to get help have I not?

I could care less where you come from, but where I come from, a person who makes an accusation should provide facts that back up that statement. If he doesn't, well. . . we all know what happens to those who bear false witness.
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by ChinenyeN(m): 6:16am On Jan 25, 2011
Chyz*:

No, I'm not going to join. I was only around because of someone's use of "Igu Ochha" as opposed to "Igwe Ocha", which prompted me to read further.
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by Abagworo(m): 11:41am On Jan 25, 2011
johndoe200:

These things are not what RIVERS STATE needs. What WE want is for there to be more than ONE city in the state.

If Amaechi really had the interest of the state at heart he would have tried to build A new town/city in each senatorial district. he could then place all these new buildings in them.

All he is doing is just helping his semi ibo brothers. Thank God the FG has understood the issue and is building a new city outside PH.

PH is your "hometown"? I doubt that seriously.

Some corrections.

1) Rivers State government under Amaechi are the ones building the new PHC and not FG.

2)It is not right to address anybody as semi-Ibo.

3)Amaechi is not involved in ethnic politics

I tend to concur with you on the need for more distinct cities in Rivers state.Omoku is a growing town that has enough land and already hosts a lot of multi-national firms.Bori is another prospective town that can be upgraded.I think in the next phase Bori or Omoku should be tackled.
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by Abagworo(m): 11:47am On Jan 25, 2011
For those claiming ownership of Port-Harcourt,you need little corrections.It is highly cosmopolitan but the aborigines belong to two major ethnic blocks of Igbo and Ijaw.They identify themselves as distinct ethnicities of Okrika and Ikwerre.
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by asscend: 3:08pm On Jan 25, 2011
Please when is this project expected to be completed?
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by johndoe200: 3:37pm On Jan 25, 2011
Abagworo:

Some corrections.

1) Rivers State government under Amaechi are the ones building the new PHC and not FG.

2)It is not right to address anybody as semi-Ibo.

3)Amaechi is not involved in ethnic politics

I tend to concur with you on the need for more distinct cities in Rivers state.Omoku is a growing town that has enough land and already hosts a lot of multi-national firms.Bori is another prospective town that can be upgraded.I think in the next phase Bori or Omoku should be tackled.

As I said in my post "A NEW CITY" not another PHC. This is being funded by the FG.

It is located in another LG, a site in or near Ogoni Land was chosen.

Most definitely Amaechi is involved in ethnic politics. I am surprised that you can say something like that.
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by asscend: 5:08pm On Jan 25, 2011
Let this project be completed first as it will work as a pilot scheme for other cities.

Also the idea of building new cities in place of PH is good however you dont necessrily have to build, you link two cities together by providing easy access through roads and trains.

You will be amazed at how people will flock to these towns and in a short while it will become a city in its own right.

Remember that places like Obibo where all villages but with easy access people began to move there, so also it will be for other towns.
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by phantom(m): 7:37pm On Apr 12, 2011
Garden city community sports center,

Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by phantom(m): 7:39pm On Apr 12, 2011
Iv-Consult designs – in cooperation with Hollandia and Arcelor Mittal – a new sports stadium in the city of Port Harcourt in Nigeria. This ‘Sports Bowl’ is part of the sport village ‘Garden City Community Sports Centre’, financed by the County of River State. In the village all possible sports will be present.
Sports Bowl is approximately 150 x 300 meters. The galleries are made of concrete and about 15 meters high. A steel canopy roof with a span of 40 meters and one support in the middle will be placed on top of the concrete. The complete canopy consists of 8 separate sections, which are made of framework trusses and purlins. All parts will be assembled with bolts on the spot.
Transportation, logistics and assembly of the trusses are a big challenge, because many kilometers of steel profiles and thousands of parts have to be shipped from The Netherlands to Nigeria. Sport Bowl has to be finished in 2011.

Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by phantom(m): 7:41pm On Apr 12, 2011
getting ready for the national sports festival,

Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by phantom(m): 7:43pm On Apr 12, 2011
garden city sports centre cont.d,

Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by DisGuy: 5:53pm On Apr 19, 2011
any update?
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by ezeagu(m): 11:44pm On Apr 27, 2011
The monorail is being built steadily.
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by ezeagu(m): 12:00am On Apr 28, 2011

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

'My First Political Poster Then' - Fayose Shares Throwback Photo / Udom: Fake Soldiers Arrested In Akwa Ibom Released On Orders From Above / Throwback: Ojukwu, Buhari And Ngige Rock Igbo Native Attire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.