Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Amaechis Port Harcourt! - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechis Port Harcourt! (46181 Views)

The Truth Behind Amaechis' Travail / What Could Be Running In The Mind Of Amaechis' Wife (picture)? / The Amaechis (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by phantom(m): 4:53pm On May 26, 2011
dare2think:

In your view, is their any Gov, aside from Fashola, that you feel is trying his best to serve his people?

grin grin grin grin, good question, you see the problemmy man save your breath, i am beginning to imagine the rot lagos used to be before this man came along.it must have been so bad cos these people are mentally traumatised, i swear!! grin grin
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by EkoIle1: 6:10pm On May 26, 2011
dare2think:

In your view, is their any Gov, aside from Fashola, that you feel is trying his best to serve his people?

We are talking about Fashola, you are free ask me that irrelevant, silly and pointless question the minute I start talking about other governors.
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by ezeagu(m): 7:05pm On May 26, 2011
Eko Ile, shut up and go and lick arse on another thread, this is a thread about Amaechi, not Fashola. No one cares about your opinions any more which is probably why you're here looking for attention, because people are ignoring you. Envious troll.
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by somze(f): 2:57pm On May 27, 2011
phantom:

where in PH and for how long did you stay, and which roads did you use??
Came in from International Airport (not been in PH for a while so don't know the names of new routes), stopped at some police checkpoint that had this "garage roofing" found in homes. Finally came out of a road beside the Air Force Base (Garden city Airport). I notice along the route from the international airport to the city airport no completed roads. We had to share same lane with cars coming in the opposite direction, roads were filled with potholes and bad spots. Come on to Aba Expressway - Rumuola junction under the overhead and some other spots along the way towards old GRA you find bad spots.

Ikwerre Road - From UST to Rumokuta, Agip Rumueme Raod towards NAOC and the estate . . . etc.

I can't remember being on any major road that didn't have issues. Was totally disappointed. It seems to all be under construction, abandoned or just bad. Some roads have been in the same under construction state for 4 years now. Haba.

I have heard of his renovations of public schools but roads and development in the capital city are not one of his strong points.
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by dare2think: 4:36pm On May 27, 2011
Eko Ile:

I don't think so. Fashola is doing a great job while[b] the other [/b] one is incompetent and spending more money with little to show for it.

what Fashola is doing is based on Lagos state's yearly budgets, but [b]Rivers state's
yearly budget is higher than Lagos state, so why is it that this is all the ugly and aimless crap you have to show for all that money for just 5 million people against Lagos state's 18 million people

Obviously, there is some mago mago going on or your hero is just plain a lousy, clueless and incompetent administrator.

Based on the above facts alone, you really should be mad, not jumping all over the place with some silly mediocre and roadside pictures,[/b]

dare2think:

Eko Ile:

We are talking about Fashola, you are free ask me that irrelevant, silly and pointless question the minute I start talking about other governors.

undecided

Bigotry is affecting the way you reason. Not cool.

By the way I'm a fan of fashola as well, I only asked a simple question.
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by mbulela: 5:19pm On May 27, 2011
I just wish Fshola will do something about the filth in Lagos.
However, i think it is more about the people than the govt.
Still something can be done.
The state is unbelievably dirty.
No suburb is exempted in the refuse competition.
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by jason123: 5:26pm On May 27, 2011
mbulela:

I just wish Fshola will do something about the filth in Lagos.
However, i think it is more about the people than the govt.
Still something can be done.
The state is unbelievably dirty.
No suburb is exempted in the refuse competition.

The population density of the state is the main cause of the "filth". About 30yrs back, it was not like this. I guess Nigerians love making babies grin cheesy.
But on a real, its hard to keep an over populated city clean. Though he can do better, I will not blame him if he falls short in the cleanliness aspect of his administration.
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by phantom(m): 5:58pm On May 27, 2011
somze:

Came in from International Airport (not been in PH for a while so don't know the names of new routes), stopped at some police checkpoint that had this "garage roofing" found in homes. Finally came out of a road beside the Air Force Base (Garden city Airport). I notice along the route from the international airport to the city airport no completed roads. We had to share same lane with cars coming in the opposite direction, roads were filled with potholes and bad spots. Come on to Aba Expressway - Rumuola junction under the overhead and some other spots along the way towards old GRA you find bad spots.

Ikwerre Road - From UST to Rumokuta, Agip Rumueme Raod towards NAOC and the estate . . . etc.

I can't remember being on any major road that didn't have issues. Was totally disappointed. It seems to all be under construction, abandoned or just bad. Some roads have been in the same under construction state for 4 years now. Haba.

I have heard of his renovations of public schools but roads and development in the capital city are not one of his strong points.
alright thanks for clearing that up, now i guess you must have used the owerri road from the airport (which is billed for reconstruction and expansion) and must have connected the G.U ake road at a roundabout further further down, now that GU ake road was the nightmare odili built that terminates at the airforce flyover(that you mentioned), You would have noticed amaechi is reconstructing that road from the roundabout along owerri road up till airforce flyover at an amount far more than what was initially used including the terrible eliozu flyover along the same axis, ikwerre road is undergoing reconstruction too with underground drainages from education uptill rumuokoro, the education to UST portion is complete(refer to pixes above) UST to rumuokoro is sure to come(they are just renovating the median and fixing street lights on that segment), Summaryikwerre road is ahuge construction site now, thats why it appeared the way it did to you, i live in PH and driving along aba road from airforce to old GRA is far from being a hassle, bad spots under rumuola bridge, yes, but along the other stretch, no!
, and please for the record amaechi is not renovating schools, the man practically tore down those embarassing schools and put up completely new ones
Pray tell, which roads have been on construction for four years?, rumuola-rumuokwuta is complete, slaughter-oginigba is complete, NTA choba is almost complete, so which ones?
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by EkoIle1: 10:07pm On May 27, 2011
ezeagu:

Eko Ile, shut up and go and lick arse on another thread, this is a thread about Amaechi, not Fashola. No one cares about your opinions any more which is probably why you're here looking for attention, because people are ignoring you. Envious troll.

Na so the tin pain you reach? Ndo, drink small water to make u feel better. Abrg enjoy the ugly pictures of roadside, and ugly bridge.

You fit come over to the link below to refresh your eyes with beta and uplifting pictures when the ugly pictures taya ya eyes,

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-674518.512.html

Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by ezeagu(m): 10:33pm On May 27, 2011
Is that a picture of an Ijaw boat?
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by phantom(m): 9:17pm On Jun 03, 2011
getting ready for the sports festival, stadium 1,

Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by phantom(m): 9:18pm On Jun 03, 2011
stadium 1(main stadium)

Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by phantom(m): 9:20pm On Jun 03, 2011
1.2nd stadium
2.pool facility

Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by DisGuy: 5:28am On Jun 04, 2011
Are you sure thats the latest pictures? The sports festival will be holding ending of this month!!!!!!

Why is the swimming outdoors?
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by phantom(m): 11:27am On Jun 04, 2011
Dis Guy:

Are you sure thats the latest pictures? The sports festival will be holding ending of this month!!!!!!

Why is the swimming outdoors?
these are old pictures i took a while back, dont know what it looks like now though,
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by Fvckpussi: 4:18pm On Jun 24, 2011
Amaechi means well, but the fact that he is surrounded by all manner of crooks is his biggest problem. The monorail would have been a great idea, but they are bleeping it up big time. My company is a contractor to the Monorail people, but they have been unable to pay us because monorail has been owing them for almost a year. Each time we are told that the governor and General Ukpo who is the MD of Monorail, have fallen out because Ukpo has been unable to fulfill his part of the agreement, and because of that, most of the project is now at a standstill. I just wonder how and why Amaechi gave Ukpo all that money, about 11 billion naira, without being sure whether Ukpo could raise his own part of almost 40 billion.

Sorry to spoil ur enthusiasm, but that monorail is a long, long time coming.
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by Fvckpussi: 4:20pm On Jun 24, 2011
I also learnt that they are not paying there staff salary for some time now
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by phantom(m): 7:45pm On Jun 24, 2011
^ grin grin grin grin grin yes and you just happened to stumble on this thread that was probably on the sixth page, clap for yourself, pray tell,whats your companys name? Clown!
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by phantom(m): 10:25am On Jul 24, 2011
agip flyover(update),  almost done, rivigo seemed to have gotten their acts right and built a lovely flyover, , notice how under the flyover is broken down and flooded, but this hopefully will be sorted out with the UST-rumuokoro ikwerre road reconstruction,

Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by phantom(m): 10:28am On Jul 24, 2011
pix 2-4, state school,rupokwu,

Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by phantom(m): 10:44am On Jul 24, 2011
state school, rupokwu

Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by phantom(m): 10:47am On Jul 24, 2011
GU ake road(airforce-ikwerre road), Under construction

Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by phantom(m): 10:51am On Jul 24, 2011
GU ake road, RCC is handling this, after their good job on slaughter-oginigba(refer to earlier pix)we are sure this will be of equally good or better quality, notice the drainage in the first pix, gives you an idea to high the road will be raised,

Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by phantom(m): 1:42pm On Jul 24, 2011
Stadium road, dualisation is nearing completion, drainages too,

Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by phantom(m): 1:46pm On Jul 24, 2011
Stadium road, Still under reconstruction

Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by otokx(m): 3:07pm On Jul 24, 2011
We are suffering in Port Harcourt; the construction work has refused to end 4 years after and no end in sight in the next 4 years.
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by phantom(m): 4:54pm On Jul 24, 2011
^^^^please tell us the ones they started 4 yrs ago that they have not completed, grin grin
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by otokx(m): 5:30pm On Jul 24, 2011
rumuokuta - choba road
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by phantom(m): 6:12pm On Jul 24, 2011
^TRUE, that one is a failure IMO, i cant point to anyother,can you?
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by EkoIle1: 3:19am On Jul 25, 2011
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by phantom(m): 8:47am On Jul 25, 2011
^^^i love your pix, grin grin grin grin, but you re spamming my thread angry
Re: Amaechis Port Harcourt! by phantom(m): 8:52am On Jul 25, 2011
circular rd, GRA phase 4, demolishing houses that were built on a canal to make way for drainage, infact fantasies(fast food joint) had to be pulled down in its entirety,

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Throwback: Ojukwu, Buhari And Ngige Rock Igbo Native Attire / Kogi Prosecution: Saraki Scolds Dino Melaye: "Behave Like An Elder" / Nigerian Soldiers: We Are Under-Equipped And Out-Numbered - CNN (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.