Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,087 members, 7,818,260 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

American Ridicules Lagos From The Air - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / American Ridicules Lagos From The Air (12735 Views)

Prof. Yemi Osibanjo Clears The Air About APC Kano Rally Photo He Tweeted / PDP Ridicules Buhari's Ill-health With Funny Cartoon / CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Ridicules Lagos From The Air by gidson12(m): 2:05pm On Jan 05, 2010
hey take it easy guys, the white guy just aired his observation, i know that there  are some beautiful places in lLagoswhich he might not have seem, but this is just a guy making his observation from a landing plane, so its not wat should bother u, their are some airports that are situated at some outskirt of some major cities so it would be lame if some body tries to judge a city from the outskirt of the town, from a landing plane
Re: American Ridicules Lagos From The Air by annie7(m): 2:16pm On Jan 05, 2010
DON'T MIND THAT STUPID AMERICA THAT VIDEO SOME GETTO PART OF LAGOS AND HE WAS SAYING LAGOS IS NOT GREENWISH.
YOU KNOW SM PLACES DAT SUROUNDED MMA ARE MOST GETTO NEIBORHOOD.
WHEN YOU ARE IN A PLANE  OR ON AIR  AND YOU ARE LANDING AT MMA, YOU WILL VE TO PASS TRU EITHER IKOTUN/IGANDO,IJEGUN,OSHODI AND ENVIRONS DAT SUROUND MMA.
SO I DONT BLAME THE GUY, HAD IT BEEN HE VIDEO SOMEWHERE LIKE IKOYI OR V. I, HE WOULD HV HAD ANOTHER REPORT TO GIVE ABT LAGOS.

PL'S NAIRALAND PPL HOW CAN I POST MY OWN TOPIC FOR PPL TO SHARE VIEWS.
Re: American Ridicules Lagos From The Air by vislabraye(m): 2:37pm On Jan 05, 2010
When you observe lagos from the air, it's not that pleasant, Molue busses here and there, rusty roofs and many unpleasant sites.

But if you observe Lagos at night from a high rise especially in places like Ikoyi, you would fall in love witn the city. As long as you do so when there is light. grin
Re: American Ridicules Lagos From The Air by harpo(m): 2:58pm On Jan 05, 2010
Guys!! Guys!! Guys!!! please take it easy, THE FACT [/i]is that the place is like a shit hole, [i]FACT most of you will go abroad and love the way their own cities and towns look like, FACT you will all love it more than NAIJA.

Please, you all should wash your eyes with the truth and stop this stupid patronizing fanatism and face the FACTS
Re: American Ridicules Lagos From The Air by Kay17: 3:37pm On Jan 05, 2010
typical nigerian response, try to shout down at the truth. it simply means there is a lot to be done.
Re: American Ridicules Lagos From The Air by ziga: 3:43pm On Jan 05, 2010
I dont know why people are like this. I've been to small countries in the west with little or nothing better thatn Nigeria whose nationals will always be contented with their homeland,

if you dont appreciate what you have, no matter how far you go in life, other people will never respect you as an individual.

I appreciate the uniqueness of Nigeria, and everyday i understand the problems of Nigeria more and more.

I don't blame the person who made the video. The internet and youtube has allowed all sorts of retards to expose their ignorance.

I only feel sorry and dissappointed at those justifying his purpose. What is wrong with having rusty roofs! I guess it is also not cool to drive an old rusty car!

I bet a lot of people in support of this stupid video have rusty roofs over their house.

Empty barrels make the loudest noise.
Re: American Ridicules Lagos From The Air by pappilo(m): 3:48pm On Jan 05, 2010
Wow! At 1:34 I can see my house. All the AK city people suppose sabi this area.
Re: American Ridicules Lagos From The Air by Hauwa1: 3:49pm On Jan 05, 2010
lastpage, those pple burning stuff in europe might be burning some old papers or small things unlike the ones being burnt in niaja. i was in nig recently too, oh God!!! the landing area shocked me. a whole international airport, from landing, walking to baggage pickup, the baggage pickup, toilets lipsrsealed and the pple outside etc was something that shocked me. a really sad sight!

so many pple waiting outside, why is that so?
Re: American Ridicules Lagos From The Air by sultaan(m): 3:50pm On Jan 05, 2010
I was in Lagos in Dec, and saw exactly what was described in the video.
If you have travelled to other countries and look down at cities, you'll see a layout of roads and houses in organized manner.
Tarred highways, green space , lawn buildings.

In Lagos the houses are built so close to each other all you see is the rusted roof with baskets, all form of antennas and  buckets on top of the buildings. Brown paths with visible potholes from inside the plane, the state cold be considered as an early stage of a squalor.

Right now the best thing they could come up with are those Akoka tree seedlings Fashola planted by the road.

You need to see people dash across Lagos Abeokuta express road from Ikeja to Iyana Ipaja .I was terrified in the car If I had driven, would have killed more than a few people.To top it off, the roads are not divided into lane, just get in middle of highway and drive.
Re: American Ridicules Lagos From The Air by sultaan(m): 4:06pm On Jan 05, 2010
There are those who have never been out of the country, so I can't be harsh on them if there milestone is only an inch long, and when they get a yardstick of improvement, they fell life could never get better. You aim to be with the best, now the society is still trying to cach up with the 80's + cell phones.

Nigeria got to this point by people being optimistic with where they are and not where they should be.

You should be realistic with where you are, and optimistic with where you should be.

And where Nigeria should be got lost between 7-point agenda, and 1-point agenda to hold on to power grin
Re: American Ridicules Lagos From The Air by gidson12(m): 4:21pm On Jan 05, 2010
really, oooh lets all worship those who've been outside naija, they are gods cos they've been to heaven and back undecided
Re: American Ridicules Lagos From The Air by sultaan(m): 4:49pm On Jan 05, 2010
Lets also say our prayers for those who never left the tree. Some day they will walk straight like other humans.
Re: American Ridicules Lagos From The Air by GL(f): 5:09pm On Jan 05, 2010
the video isn't that bad, he's just stating his observations. they aren't exactly false anyway, maybe except that there's definitely grass outside the airport. can't comment on how the airport grass is cut, anything is possible in nigeria.

btw, does anyone know the name of the part of Lagos he showed?

gidson12:

really, oooh lets all worship those who've been outside naija, they are gods cos they've been to heaven and back undecided

sultaan:

Lets also say our prayers for those who never left the tree. Some day they will walk straight like other humans.

grin grin grin
Re: American Ridicules Lagos From The Air by oge4real(f): 5:12pm On Jan 05, 2010
I would have surported the American, but jugding from his comments on you-tube, I guess he is just an arrogant ignoramus specie!
Re: American Ridicules Lagos From The Air by naijaking1: 5:58pm On Jan 05, 2010
Once again, for people who missed my earlier example: if you have a piece of leaf on your teeth after lunch, and unknown to you, it really looks so bad that people are either shying away from you, avoiding you, or even clearly running for dear life away from you and your stinking teeth.
Faced with this problem, now someone tells you, hie Mr XYZ, you have a piece of nasty looking leaf on your teeth.

Based on attitude, philosophy, and understanding, your response would be:
A. You fool, who told you to look at my teeth?
B. You have seriously insulted me for remarking about my teeth
C. Thanks for telling me, I'll get rid of the leaf ASAP
D. The tone of voice, the look on your face, and the way you moved your finger as you were telling me about the leaf made me so angry that I'm going to let it stay put, no matter what.
E. What business do whitemen like you have with my oral hygiene?
F. ---removes the leaf, now that the leaf is gone, I would appreciate if you could be more discreet about my oral hygiene next time.
G. The leaf, the mouth, the teeth are all mine, why should butt into my business?
Re: American Ridicules Lagos From The Air by tundewoods(m): 6:12pm On Jan 05, 2010
naijaking1:

Once again, for people who missed my earlier example: if you have a piece of leaf on your teeth after lunch, and unknown to you, it really looks so bad that people are either shying away from you, avoiding you, or even clearly running for dear life away from you and your stinking teeth.
Faced with this problem, now someone tells you, hie Mr XYZ, you have a piece of nasty looking leaf on your teeth.

Based on attitude, philosophy, and understanding, your response would be:
A. You fool, who told you to look at my teeth?
B. You have seriously insulted me for remarking about my teeth
C. Thanks for telling me, I'll get rid of the leaf ASAP
D. The tone of voice, the look on your face, and the way you moved your finger as you were telling me about the leaf made me so angry that I'm going to let it stay put, no matter what.
E. What business do whitemen like you have with my oral hygiene?
F. ---removes the leaf, now that the leaf is gone, I would appreciate if you could be more discreet about my oral hygiene next time.
G. The leaf, the mouth, the teeth are all mine, why should butt into my business?

I love your analogy and think that we are un necessarily making a big fuss to this folks amateur video undecided !
Re: American Ridicules Lagos From The Air by NIGboi(m): 6:26pm On Jan 05, 2010
nothing new in what the video. the dude should go back to where he came from abeg. jobless man.
Re: American Ridicules Lagos From The Air by Krayola(m): 6:26pm On Jan 05, 2010
haha. . That video caught only a small bit of Lagos. One can fly over parts on NYC and not see a larger spread of greenery. This, IMO, is much ado about nothing. Not that Lagos doesn't have issues (big ones), but that that video isn't anything to go by. It's just some guy saying his own. .  .the guy isn't an authority on anything (maybe he is, but WE don't know) and his opinion is no more valid than the next man's.
Re: American Ridicules Lagos From The Air by gidson12(m): 6:39pm On Jan 05, 2010
sultaan:

lets forgive our brother here cos he's been pathologically afflicted with an irreparable degree of inferiority complex on contact with a white man, forgetting he's been climbing trees, i politely leave him to his mental illness
Re: American Ridicules Lagos From The Air by boyt1: 7:32pm On Jan 05, 2010
cool cool Green or yellow, they love our mineral resources no matter what colour. so its not a big deal
Re: American Ridicules Lagos From The Air by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 05, 2010
Can't blame the dude.
Lagos ain't exactly heaven, so why the protest?
Re: American Ridicules Lagos From The Air by BlueMagic2(m): 8:29pm On Jan 05, 2010
Don't know why some people are so myopic & ignorant. Even the Governor Fashola of Lagos state knows that the state is one big mess, that he is trying to clean up & improve upon. Must it take a white man for people to know that Lagos being Nigeria's commercial nerve center is one big shithole. I grew up in Lagos all my life but lets face fact, the place is dirty, very dirty, polluted, overpolluted, overcrowded etc. So some of you need to shut the bleep up & face the facts! If not for Mallam El Rufai, i bet Abuja would have turned out like Lagos, but only time will tell sad cry Eko ni baje!
Re: American Ridicules Lagos From The Air by suxes2005(m): 8:40pm On Jan 05, 2010
Dnt mind them. corruption is far more increasing in dia country compared 2 ours.

SHALOM
Re: American Ridicules Lagos From The Air by JUO(m): 8:44pm On Jan 05, 2010
that video is real not formulation
Re: American Ridicules Lagos From The Air by Theblessed(f): 10:33pm On Jan 05, 2010
Kay 17:

typical nigerian response, try to shout down at the truth. it simply means there is a lot to be done.

[b]Do you mind them doing their silly BLIND PATRIOTISM that's got them no where except the bottom of the pile.  These blind patriots should travel out and see the world maybe, the cataracts that caused their blindness in the first place would begin to scale off one by one and, enable them see the blessings God has showered Nigeria with that has been denied, for so long.

Nigeria is a sophisticated country but, most of its people are too backward hence, lack of development and the never-ending hardship/sufferings people have to endure in this country.  Nigerians do not understand that they can only change the situation in our country by acting against the current trend instead of supporting it.  Example, is this silly blind patriotism over someone's expressive views about unsuitable conditions in Lagos that are unworthy of a big name like ours - a giant of Africa.  Instead of the ignorants to condemn the conditions and set up a campaign to change things, they are protecting the inevitable, SHAME!!!!!!!
[/b]
Re: American Ridicules Lagos From The Air by Kilonso: 11:39pm On Jan 05, 2010
suxes2005:

Dnt mind them. corruption is far more increasing in dia country compared 2 ours.

SHALOM

The point is corruption is everywhere, but you should know where it is worse by the standard of the masses living
Re: American Ridicules Lagos From The Air by sultaan(m): 11:45pm On Jan 05, 2010
gidson12:

lets forgive our brother here cos he's been pathologically afflicted with an irreparable degree of inferiority complex on contact with a white man, forgetting he's been climbing trees, i politely leave him to his mental illness

Let us pull a brother's head out of whatever butt hole he's been kissing.
Brother needs some fresh air, brain cells dead from sniffing all them crap grin

The area in question should be Ikeja/ Mafoluku

Do you expected anything better from a western outsider who is coming into Nigeria for first time.His only point of reference is his own neighbourhood, and the tree people the show on National Geographic(they still ask me about Lions).The guy didn't see trees nor what  he considers a neighbourhood.
Re: American Ridicules Lagos From The Air by tureal(m): 2:34am On Jan 06, 2010
There is nofin wrong with been PATRIOTIC,, afterall the Americans are proud to be an American, the British is proud to be british so why can't we be proud of who we are and think of a way to develope the nation togather,, ,, and stop trying to be who we not,, some Nigerians travel out and now see Nigeria as a slum as no be here dey born dem,, nonsence
Re: American Ridicules Lagos From The Air by Nobody: 3:25am On Jan 06, 2010
But in a big developing country like Nigeria, in today's world, it would be a big shock if we didn't have slums.

Here's the capital of India below, Mumbai. India is hailed as some sort of ''shining light'' by the western media, who, while quick to highlight African problems, never show the world the true situation in  Asia.

Mumbai, India 

[img]http://ethicsoup.typepad.com/.a/6a00e554e81be3883401156faa6108970c-800wi[/img]

Sao Paulo, Brazil

I don't see much by way of ''greenery'' in these places, and they've got more than their fair share of shacks.

So we're not alone in this thing. Let us just try to get things better without  assuming foolishly that everywhere else is so much better than Nigeria.
Re: American Ridicules Lagos From The Air by Kobojunkie: 4:01am On Jan 06, 2010
ROSSIKE:

But in a big developing country like Nigeria, in today's world, it would be a big shock if we didn't have slums.
So we're not alone in this thing. Let us just try to get things better without assuming foolishly that everywhere else is so much better than Nigeria.
a) The video DOES NOT even show you the slums in Lagos. If you drove through the area, you would understand why people admit he did say it as it is. It LOOKs like the slums but it is not of the areas considered slums in Lagos

b) That everyone else has them IS NO REASON why we should allow them continue to exist in our own space.
Re: American Ridicules Lagos From The Air by Nobody: 5:44am On Jan 06, 2010
the man and his supporters on this thread should go and film other slums in other countries and show us the feedback from citizens who saw the video.

Did he (and the rest of you) expect to see Buckingham place or why so much grouchiness.

The man is so bush. If the thought of grass being cut by hand is a problem for him then why is he travelling out of his village.
Re: American Ridicules Lagos From The Air by sage(m): 6:04am On Jan 06, 2010
all the guys wey dey vex for the guy dey make me laugh.

Nigerians as usual. The truth hurts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu's Phone Number / You Can’t Remove Ekweremadu, PDP Dares APC Senators / Terver Akase Escapes Death In Motor Accident (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.