Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,782 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu (45543 Views)

Jega: Prediction On Nigeria’s Breakup May Be Fulfilled (Punch) / "Buhari May Cause Nigeria’s Breakup" – Frederick Fasehun / Buhari Can Be Impeached Over Magu – Senator Okurounmu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by Dee60: 7:42pm On Apr 22, 2017
There is nothing wrong with Nigeria staying as one. The only problem is that we have had a generation of leaders, north, south,east and west, who sowed the seed of discord for their own personal gains. Like every seed sown, if you water it the seed will germinate and grow. That is what has hapenned. It is now left for a new generation of Nigerians to decide, either to continue to water and feed that seed/plant or to uproot it!

I have friends from different parts of the country. I have no problems with them. Lootocarcy and a very faulty democracy that we practice has divided us. If there is no loot again, you will see that Nigerians would not mind to unite and work together. Lootocracy that is deeply entrenched in the society is the problem.

The North is clinging to power all because they want the loot. If there is no loot they will go back to grow groundnuts. Those in the East or West who have had power, ask me what they did with it! Dont ask me because you know - Governors have looted their states dry. Even in a state as small as Ogun, there is division - what causes it? Clamour for power as access to the wealth of the State.

Lootocracy has bred in us vey abysmallly low rate of productivity. No one wants to work, but everyone wants to be rich.

Dividing us does not solve all problems. The truth be told, if there is Biafra or Odua state today, another clamour will start, and another division, and another rat race, and another dog eat dog. We had 12 states and things worked better. Out of clamour for power we grew to 36 and the dog eats dog continues. Jonatahn set up a conference and most went there to ask for states and for more states.

The senator who spoke, like several other senators have had a tstae of leadership - what did they use it for? Their generation ought to first admit that they failed us, and to repent. Nigeria had a great promise, but those we chose as leaders bungled it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by uwalakathankgod(m): 7:43pm On Apr 22, 2017
Ovamboland:

The America you are quoting had their own version of ipob and civil war before they could knock sense into the skull of separatist by the force of arms. Try your luck you might do better than the American Igbos

fool at 57

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by LorDBolton(m): 7:44pm On Apr 22, 2017
What do you stand to gain from nigerias break up?
Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by Kpokom: 7:44pm On Apr 22, 2017
helinues:
Okunrounmu should go and sit down somewhere. He was a senator during Osoba's first term. He lost woefully to unknown person cos he didn't perform.

YOU ARE THE WORST IDIOT IN LIFE

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by mmsen: 7:45pm On Apr 22, 2017
Opakan2:

in your small mind now you've made sense..

The problem with your people is greed, you can't eat your cake and still have it.

While you're here forming intelligent, your politicians are running to APC for crumbs from Federal govt. but you'll cry about yorubas as if you came to this world together

Nonsense! No more juicy position for igbos like it was under GEJ. Everyone to your tent now

As if Igbos are the only greedy people in Nigeria?

Why do idiots keep repeating that nonsense?

Was Abacha Igbo? Is OBJ Igbo?

And what 'juicy positions' are you speaking of? And why should a community care about one person in a position of authority? Surely the smart thing should be for a call for greater regional/state autonomy and absolute control of resources?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by mmsen: 7:45pm On Apr 22, 2017
LorDBolton:

What is gained in staying anchored to the useless north?

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by technicallyrich(m): 7:46pm On Apr 22, 2017
YelloweWest:
Hmmm.

Niger Delta will be on its own. We are not joining biafra!
Exept u are from Edo you can join your dirty yoruba brothers.i m from south south and I say we are joinin biafrans

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by 0b10010011: 7:46pm On Apr 22, 2017
Israelconcepts:
FACT! I am not ethnic bigot. ..The north is dragging us backward.. Thank you Mr Senator for speaking my mind...

How? Make a point?
Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by 0b10010011: 7:48pm On Apr 22, 2017
technicallyrich:

Exept u are from Edo you can join your dirty yoruba brothers.i m from south south and I say we are joinin biafrans

grin grin grin

You said "You" from South-South and. Still said "We"

Speak for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by bilazego(m): 7:48pm On Apr 22, 2017
[quote author=successmatters post=55807087]

He didn't perform because the laws he met are completely flawed. Nobody can perform with these set of antiquated laws made TI favor a few. How successful is your current "sinator"?[/

Don't mind that beef!
Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by Mrchippychappy(m): 7:49pm On Apr 22, 2017
Funny thread, Three different views on this thread: some people want progress, some people want us to be held back and some people think by being held back we are actually making progress.

[img]https://uldissprogis.files./2016/02/mental-slavery-defined.jpg[/img]

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 22, 2017
I don't like this topic but when I read wat d man said completely,i understood d message,am not in support of IPOB or divided Nigerian,i think d solution is dat we need to amend our constitution,divide the country politically into north,South,East and West,Let Presidential candidates at times b from the north,then d next south,den East,finally west repeatedly.Unless their won't b Peace,i mourn for Nigeria,seriously I mourn for Nigeria but don't worry,vote for me in d future,i will change Nigeria
Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by Iamzik: 7:51pm On Apr 22, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
Any power that want to break this country shall be broken.God bless Nig

Any power that doesn't want this country to be restructured to various self-sustaining regions having a ceremonial President (in the Spirit of true federalism) and a single parliament on part-time legislators without jumbo pay...where each region contribute from its wealth to the centre rather than waiting for FAC.... That power is already broken. Amen

Let the east expand their commerce and industry
Let the south south use their oil money
Let the west enjoy education and trade
And let the North excel in agriculture

Until then, this idea of collecting tax from the south east/south west/ north and oil money from the south south to redistribute to non productive states will not work. Many states are not economically viable depending on the center to pay common salary.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by Brushless: 7:52pm On Apr 22, 2017
helinues:
Okunrounmu should go and sit down somewhere. He was a senator during Osoba's first term. He lost woefully to unknown person cos he didn't perform.

Does that mean he should not air his own view?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by mmsen: 7:53pm On Apr 22, 2017
Sterix10:
I don't like this topic but when I read wat d man said completely,i understood d message,am not in support of IPOB or divided Nigerian,i think d solution is dat we need to amend our constitution,divide the country politically into north,South,East and West,Let Presidential candidates at times b from the north,then d next south,den East,finally west repeatedly.Unless their won't b Peace,i mourn for Nigeria,seriously I mourn for Nigeria but don't worry,vote for me in d future,i will change Nigeria

That's a foolish proposition.

Divide the country politically but completely weaken the FG so that it does not matter where the president is from.

Simple question - has Nigeria ever moved forward under a northern president?

Why should the rest of the country be subjected to the kind of awful leadership that has made the north such a disgrace?

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by MrEverest(m): 7:57pm On Apr 22, 2017
RosaConsidine:

Right - then in a Southern Nigeria, you think the smaller tribes - the Efiks, the Ijaws, and all the rest of them won't eventually start claiming marginalization by the larger tribes i.e Igbos and Yorubas?
How will anybody or ethnic groups wether big or small feel marginalized when every part will control its resources and develop at its own pace?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by phreakabit(m): 7:57pm On Apr 22, 2017
These are melodious tunes inducing rapturous emotions.
God bless you Senator!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by Igboesika: 7:58pm On Apr 22, 2017
LorDBolton:
Uncountable!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by gberra: 7:58pm On Apr 22, 2017
PresidentRich:

America fought to end human slavery.
Be careful not to start quoting people for what you know nothing about.

The smiling one smiley
Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by puremind1: 7:58pm On Apr 22, 2017
ChimaAdeoye:

Bros, when the time comes, some people will want to keep the south by force and a few bullets will be exchanged.

I just want the south to keep getting ready and meeting with stakeholders to iron out a workable constitution for a true Federalism to thrive in the south.

If southern Nigeria were a country, it's human development index will rival Brazil or Argentina.
Do not mind the foolish Femi. What was his contribution towards actualizing the break up when the fool was a sinator? What did he do during the last conference designed by the the Otuoke looter? Wha did the buffon do when the report was submitted to the otuoke robber? Forget these fools, they only shout break up when the source of illegal wealth begins to dry up. Was the fool shouting break up during the clueless otuoke regime when he went to the conference to earn millions with the conference designed to fail ab initio? He is only shouting for recognition and perhaps wants PMB to convene another one to reinforce his dwindling wealth. I can not be deceived by these thieves again!!!
Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by Adebowale89(m): 7:59pm On Apr 22, 2017
CplusJason:
Lmfao! grin

They can sell their destiny for a plate of Ewedu filled with toilet flies.

must u insult a tribe to make your point

NB: u guys shud take your time, I won't take it seeing some bombastic elements that doesn't worth it, insulting my tribe&the peoples

all the politicians are aware of the possible division of Nigeria or true federalism but they don't know how soon, it would be. let everybody bear their fathers name

northern govt
south eastern govt
southwest govt
south south govt- let these people enjoy the resources of their land
Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by fuck419: 8:00pm On Apr 22, 2017
By my time, it's time. Even the host of heaven is in support. Nobody, and i repeat nobody can stop the break up of this illegal union. Let sheep live with sheep and let beasts live amongst beast.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by phreakabit(m): 8:01pm On Apr 22, 2017
ChimaAdeoye:

Bros, when the time comes, some people will want to keep the south by force and a few bullets will be exchanged.

I just want the south to keep getting ready and meeting with stakeholders to iron out a workable constitution for a true Federalism to thrive in the south.

If southern Nigeria were a country, it's human development index will rival Brazil or Argentina.

THERE IS NO AND WILL NEVER BE A UNITED SOUTHERN FRONT!
The moment you get that figured out the better for you.
A delusional dream will sink faster than a bag of gold coins, once it set sail.
Simple truth.
Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by Noneroone(m): 8:03pm On Apr 22, 2017
Allann:

I know you don't know that Nigeria could have gotten her independence in 1956 But for the fear of domination by other tribes nursed by the north. They held other tribes down till their fear was addressed.

I also know that you don't know that Awolowo insisted that Yoruba would not support one Nigeria independence until the north was broken into smaller regions.

My sister, go and find out the position of your people at the two occasions. Then you will know who woke up late, and claiming morning by mid day.
what is this one talking? Was it not enahoro of the action group that moved a motion for self rule when the north were clamouring for an extention of colonial rule? Yorubas are experts in history revisionism.
Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by gberra: 8:03pm On Apr 22, 2017
mmsen:

As if Igbos are the only greedy people in Nigeria?

Why do idiots keep repeating that nonsense?

Was Abacha Igbo? Is OBJ Igbo?

And what 'juicy positions' are you speaking of? And why should a community care about one person in a position of authority? Surely the smart thing should be for a call for greater regional/state autonomy and absolute control of resources?
Igbos are greedy Buffoon.
Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 22, 2017
duni04:

Bros we don't need any of these things you're highlighting. We already have strictures in place to deal with our needs. Every democracy is an evolution of ideals and governance. Our democracy is evolving. The only thing we need is more accountability, less corruption and more responsibility. We need our public officers to be more accountable. We need our law and order with police and security reforms. We need to devote resources where they are needed. But restructuring or all these other nonsense that these disgruntled elements are spewing. Jobs, more hospitals and schools, zero corruption from our public officers and an economy that works. That's all.

This, your perspective is accurate but you are analyzing the problems within the box, you are in the box and the politicians are in the box, that is why they do not see the clear picture. To fix a system, you MUST first of all, step outside the system and look at it it from OUTSIDE of the Box.

Corruption is a fancy name for stealing of public funds in the public sphere. Yet Stealing means stealing among the masses. You MUST remember or know, that you can only steal funds when there is no planning and a framework to build the blueprint on the framework on. There are no structures, Yes, I make bold to challenge Nigerians, to proof One Single Structure in our country.

We use Political Parties to gain our Personal Aim as well as vested interest of an elite few, then the next minute you dump the party when it is no longer serving your interest, ...underline the word...YOUR INTEREST. And there is no structural regulation that says, YOU CAN NOT DECAMP, You must stay in that Party to build a structure, make sure that Party exist in the consciousness of the people. And if that party has erroneous constitution, then the Excos of that party holds a referendum and FIX that problem. That is one.

Two; The Institution of Security you call the Police are just bribe collecting outfits, making returns to DPO, Commissioner of Police and IG. There is no training what so ever, and the Police men are so poor and wretched and depend on superiors, bribes and even the corrupt FG for survival. It is NOT supposed to be so. Police Funds are supposed to be on black budgets not regulated by Politicians, because they use the budgetary allocations to corrupt the entire force and the personnel, making them work on their commands. This is wrong.

Listen, I have no time to write cos I have a lot to do, if I want to write on Nigeria, you will either travel to Europe and move your entire family out, or you will relocate and build mansions in your village and live there like a country of your own. Invariably, you could decide that there is no hope, and take your life into your hands and create and manufacture everything a human being need to have happiness. The last, is what I decided to do, and I am not even aware of Nigeria news except on Nairaland here and I do not read the nonsese threads about BBN, cos you all are crazy celebrating absolute nonsense when your mates are busy inventing the next washing machine.

I am out of here men, Nigeria is sick.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by phreakabit(m): 8:05pm On Apr 22, 2017
gberra:

At least we aren't filthy subhumans. . . Like some people I know

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by mmsen: 8:07pm On Apr 22, 2017
gberra:

Greedy how? Because they want their own country?

How is that greedy?

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by Kemperor: 8:10pm On Apr 22, 2017
Afonjas will not like these

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by Aragon: 8:10pm On Apr 22, 2017
The Igbos were the only ones Courageous? enough to take up arms and fight for Independence. And that was partly because it was Led by a Military Man with Billions to fund the War. Today, Nigeria has a Professional Military and Billionaires Love each others and might as well Kill their Families before lifting hand to touch each other. Again with over 500 Different languages, Tribes, people and Cultural how will the Country be shared? As we all know nobody wants any one Tribe to Boss over another. Not even a Single Village in Nigeria is United like that, they always see Difference and why that People shouldn't Boss over them. So how is this Break up going to come about? Ooopss I guess on the pages of Nairaland, Facebook, Instagram or Nigerian news papers. Make una they create una Illusion Countries while some bright youths are using the agricultural Revolution to become Millionaires daily.
Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by PresidentRich: 8:11pm On Apr 22, 2017
ColonelDrake:

My friend stop lying. biafrauud fought for oil, to keep and control the oil rich minority regions. biafraaud war was about the oil in the Niger delta. I don't expect you to accept but deep down you know the truth. greedy Fools.
As Earth2Metahuman said, Yorubas have been the most vocal regarding regionalism. he asked you to mention some of your leaders who are vocal but you couldn't mention anyone but an inconsequential riffraff who couldn't find his voice on biafrauud during gej's administration. The nnamdi fool who only remembered biadraug after his otuoke hero lost the election. You fool no one
let there be referendum today and I can bet my scrotum that y'all will vote to stay in Nigeria because one Nigeria favours you the most .

I wish y'all can be confined to alaigbo and run your import based economy
lwkm! You bet your scrotum! Then, please advocate for Biafrexit and Let the BIAFRANS go and suffer.
laughing at some of your unguarded statements.

Yoruba and Hausa today can say Nigeria is blessed because they have the Igbos among them.

Go to Benin republic(filled with Yorubas),Niger republic(filled with Hausa) compare the duo with Equatorial Guinea(With a little Igbo Ethnic group) you will say "GOD I thank you for giving us The Igbos"

Nigeria is blessed not because of oil, we have oil but today the populace are suffering. Oil is more of a c*se than blessing.

out of 7 Igbo states{Enugu, Imo, Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Delta(Anioma people)and River State(Ikwere rich in oil)} there are five oil producing states(Anambra, Imo, Delta(Anioma), Abia and Rivers(Ikwere).

These are blessed and their Land is flowing with milk and honey.
Afonjas should let them be. Because they have sustained Africa and Britain from 1903(when coal was discovered in Enugu state) till now.

GOD has blessed Africa and Nigeria through the Igbos...they are GOD's own people. Don't curse them! If you do, you are cursing yourself.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by RosaConsidine: 8:12pm On Apr 22, 2017
MrEverest:
How will anybody or ethnic groups wether big or small feel marginalized when every part will control its resources and develop at its own pace?

Remember what they say about the road to hell? This thing you are saying - is it impossible to achieve in Nigeria? If yes, why?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Nigerians Can Now Buy And Sell Electricity (2 MW Minimum) - Fashola / Five Things Buhari’s Latest Appointments Tell Us About His Next Cabinet / Certificate Saga: Withdraw From Presidential Race, PDP Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.