Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,578 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu (45537 Views)

Jega: Prediction On Nigeria’s Breakup May Be Fulfilled (Punch) / "Buhari May Cause Nigeria’s Breakup" – Frederick Fasehun / Buhari Can Be Impeached Over Magu – Senator Okurounmu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by Danialuone: 8:13pm On Apr 22, 2017
A fool old man .@ 57
Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by Onwardvic(m): 8:14pm On Apr 22, 2017
nNEOo:

Not everyone can roll tongue for Ass sake....it a discontinued morphological variation for crypt sake angry

lol
Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by engrchykae(m): 8:16pm On Apr 22, 2017
gberra:

Igbos are breeding dumb kids nowadays. The freest & fairest election was in 1993. Unfortunately it was annulled by IBB.

Igbos are daft undecided
do you call 1993 joke an election?ibb supposed to have conducted that joke in April and not in june because he supervised the most expensive joke of the century. he allowed it to be free in order to laugh at nigerians and their chosen president.1993 wasnt an election because the evil genius was just having fun with our r

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by Noneroone(m): 8:17pm On Apr 22, 2017
Aragon:
The Igbos were the only ones Courageous? enough to take up arms and fight for Independence. And that was partly because it was Led by a Military Man with Billions to fund the War. Today, Nigeria has a Professional Military and Billionaires Love each others and might as well Kill their Families before lifting hand to touch each other. Again with over 500 Different languages, Tribes, people and Cultural how will the Country be shared? As we all know nobody wants any one Tribe to Boss over another. Not even a Single Village in Nigeria is United like that, they always see Difference and why that People shouldn't Boss over them. So how is this Break up going to come about? Ooopss I guess on the pages of Nairaland, Facebook, Instagram or Nigerian news papers. Make una they create una Illusion Countries while some bright youths are using the agricultural Revolution to become Millionaires daily.
see delusions

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by tutudesz: 8:18pm On Apr 22, 2017
technicallyrich:

Exept u are from Edo you can join your dirty yoruba brothers.i m from south south and I say we are joinin biafrans
Will you shut up your useless month!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by gberra: 8:18pm On Apr 22, 2017
mmsen:

Greedy how? Because they want their own country?

How is that greedy?
phreakabit:

At least we aren't filthy subhumans. . . Like some people I know
You always wanted Everything.
You want out YET pressing for a #1trillion in damages plus Add-ons in assets & other tangibles from the FG. ..Na only you outta 300 sabi better thing?

IPob will fail.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by MrEverest(m): 8:19pm On Apr 22, 2017
0b10010011:
Make dem allow the Easterner's leave abeg!

Make we decongest the West and North!

Dem go pay for Visa, Work-Permit and Land use charge as foreigners. Make we see who go tire first.

All of there wards across the remaining Nigerian University will pay as international students and workers will be taxed as foreigners.

Dem go see wetin dem no expect! No be same Lagos Airport and Apapa port go be there source of livelihood? grin

You are so naive! The moment Nigeria breaks up, the ports of P.Harcourt, Ibaka, Onitsha, Calabar will be used & Apapa/tin can becomes moribond! Enugu & P.H airports will be used for international flights and not MMAI or NAIA! A lot of universities both government & private will spring up to cater for increased demand etc. Stop being deluded, Lagos & Abuja are what they are because of the ZOO. BREAK UP IS INEVITABLE!!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by mmsen: 8:21pm On Apr 22, 2017
gberra:
You always wanted Everything.
You want out YET pressing for a #1trillion in damages plus Add-ons in assets & other tangibles from the FG. ..Na only you outta 300 sabi better thing?

IPob will fail.

Me?

I'm not 'IPOB' but I understand why they want what they want.

They want their own country, they're not asking anyone for anything but the right to self-determinatio. They're not asking for money.

As to the 1 trillion on damages - how much money is being spent on reconstruction in the north east to repair self-inflicted damage?

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by discusant: 8:21pm On Apr 22, 2017
0b10010011:

Make point! Am telling u reality!

80% of your lots will still indirectly pay tax to Nigeria in the eventuality of a break-up!

You still dont know what's at stake!

You are on foolish blackmail. You have no idea of the population of Biafra. Less than 0.01% of Biafrans live in, or have business and landed property in the SW and northern regions.

Northern Nigeria has used unfriendly environment of Islamic sharia criminal codes and Boko Haram violence to chase out most southerners from northern Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by BetaThings: 8:22pm On Apr 22, 2017
MrEverest:
You are right. I would have loved the whole South to emerge as one country so we can retain our huge market and a progressive force of like minds but the problem is the eternal mutual distrust between Igbos & Yorubas. Nigeria will surely divide but the form the breakaway republics will take is not yet entirely defined. The times ahead promises to be interesting. The North will one day beg the South to accept true federalism but by then it would be too late!

What about the Muslims in the South, particularly in Yorubas, that some people on Nairaland always employ "user-true identity/mind reader" to identify as blacklegs and hold accountable for all the evils in the South

Will they now be loved and treated fairly given the intense hate for the North that is being projected to the Muslims in the South

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by holythug(m): 8:22pm On Apr 22, 2017
Nigeria has been a fraud since 1914, Lord Lugard was an a$$hole who saw and merged people with great differences and unwillingness to stay together.

now look at 1914, remove the 1 in front and read the numbers from back to front...

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by CioAngels(f): 8:22pm On Apr 22, 2017
helinues:
Okunrounmu should go and sit down somewhere. He was a senator during Osoba's first term. He lost woefully to unknown person cos he didn't perform.

His failure then does not have any relationship with his call now for breakup, or has it?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by 0b10010011: 8:24pm On Apr 22, 2017
MrEverest:
You are so naive! The moment Nigeria breaks up, the ports of P.Harcourt, Ibaka, Onitsha, Calabar will be used & Apapa/tin can becomes moribond! Enugu & P.H airports will be used for international flights and not MMAI or NAIA! A lot of universities both government & private will spring up to cater for increased demand etc. Stop being deluded, Lagos & Abuja are what they are because of the ZOO. BREAK UP IS INEVITABLE!!!

grin grin grin

You watch too much Nigerian movies!

All you listed can not be achieved in 2 decades. You think your lots will leave Western Universities? You believe it's easy for an international fight or Cargo ship to head straight to a newly exist port or Airport? grin

You re funny!
Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by fuckpro: 8:24pm On Apr 22, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
Any power that want to break this country shall be broken.God bless Nig
... Please go make love to your cattle ... You are less a human

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by juman(m): 8:24pm On Apr 22, 2017
The only thing needed by this country is sensible leader.
But we have bad system that prevents capable and sensible individuals from reaching the pinnacle of the country's leadership.

Hence break up is inevitable.
Consistence senseless leadership = country break up.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by tutudesz: 8:25pm On Apr 22, 2017
MrEverest:
Break up is inevitable but stop adding south south to your plan,because we are forming our own country too.
Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by Adiwana: 8:29pm On Apr 22, 2017
duni04:

Bros we don't need any of these things you're highlighting. We already have strictures in place to deal with our needs. Every democracy is an evolution of ideals and governance. Our democracy is evolving. The only thing we need is more accountability, less corruption and more responsibility. We need our public officers to be more accountable. We need our law and order with police and security reforms. We need to devote resources where they are needed. But restructuring or all these other nonsense that these disgruntled elements are spewing. Jobs, more hospitals and schools, zero corruption from our public officers and an economy that works. That's all.
Lies.Our Democracy is evolving & still we can't conduct a simple LG election without having to kill one another.All is kept readinv from you is "We Need" and honestly we have been needing to stay as "1" from Independence to now&Nothing has been forthcoming.We love deceiving ourselves in this country
Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by 0b10010011: 8:30pm On Apr 22, 2017
discusant:

You are on foolish blackmail. You have no idea of the population of Biafra. Less than 0.01% of Biafrans live in, or have business and landed property in the SW and northern regions.

Northern Nigeria has used unfriendly environment of Islamic sharia criminal codes and Boko Haram violence to chase out most southerners from northern Nigeria.

If check and analyse my previous and subsequent point, you will realize I nailed it. It's not far from the bitter truth.

Majority of your lots in the West and North won't return. They rather live as non-immigrants in Nigeria than return home.
Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by MarieSucre(f): 8:30pm On Apr 22, 2017
Igboesika:
Sometimes I laugh when some people think that this country would last for ages. If we are divided like this just after 57 years of independence, then what would happen in the next 100 years when people must have been highly exposed and enlightened.
?

The earlier we go our separate ways now and avoid more killings, hatred, unpatriotism and marginalisation, the better.
Nigeria is just postponing the inevitable.
As for Nigeria to last for centuries.. IT'S VERY IMPOSSIBLE. I repeat .. IT'S IMPOSSIBLE !!.

I pity some poor people on this forum shouting " one Nigeria ", your own case would be worst because , you are creating more problems for your children and generation to come. You and your children have no place to run to when things gets out of hand, unlike the rich ones that can easily fly out of this contraption when things are becoming unbearable for them which has started happening already.

Imagine some people getting furious when you address them as Nigerians...
What is left if not disintegration ?.
Let's stop deceiving ourselves and call a spade a spade. We are not united and can never be.

Well like a marriage that is shaky and on the brink of breakup, the husband and wife region of Nigeria must learn to live with each other.
Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 22, 2017
mmsen:

That's a foolish proposition.

Divide the country politically but completely weaken the FG so that it does not matter where the president is from.

Simple question - has Nigeria ever moved forward under a northern president?

Why should the rest of the country be subjected to the kind of awful leadership that has made the north such a disgrace?
My friend,u are saying d northerners are oppressing u,u thinking like dis because u d minority,d northerners are the majority in the country,how will u feel if an American rule Nigeria or how will u feel if King in ur village is an outsider.Just sit down n think like d northerners,how can d minority rule us wen we are d majority.Dats how all human thinks
Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by theophorus(m): 8:33pm On Apr 22, 2017
...Nigeria will break up, that I know.

I also know that the Southeasterner are Shouting on the street but I don't see them preparing for it. unlike their "ewedu eating neighbors" who are already setting the infrastructures and machinery in place.

SOUTHEAST PEEPS SHOULD KEEP ON INSULTING OTHERS, BUT WHEN IT HAPPENS E GO CLEAR FOR THEIR (SOUTHEAST) EYES.

#I speak as someone in the known.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by BABANGBALI: 8:34pm On Apr 22, 2017
Abeg make the thing do fast o, I don tire with one nation

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by gberra: 8:35pm On Apr 22, 2017
mmsen:

Me?

I'm not 'IPOB' but I understand why they want what they want.

They want their own country, they're not asking anyone for anything but the right for self-determination - they're not asking for money.

As to the 1 trillion on damages - how much money is being spent on reconstruction in the north east to repair self-inflicted damage?

Now you have to detour to the NE?. .. Would you agree that SouthEast senators & reps are the most imbecilics one could never have imagined?.. 16years at NASS leadership with the luxury of two Southern presidents.. And now you talking NE? Forget it bro, IPob is doomed.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by almarthins(m): 8:35pm On Apr 22, 2017
successmatters:

What Ojukwu saw early in the morning, Awolowo couldn't see in the afternoon.

What Nnamdi Kanu saw in the evening, some people from the south west are still arguing it till this night! grin

The blind leading the blind and yet they claim to see. My friend go and seat down! All this na over hype fallen and yet to fall heroes are history's tragic mistakes. The arogance of the east makes their course void. Each region shld get it right and stop blaming one region for their plight.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by mmsen: 8:38pm On Apr 22, 2017
Sterix10:

My friend,u are saying d northerners are oppressing u,u thinking like dis because u d minority,d northerners are the majority in the country,how will u feel if an American rule Nigeria or how will u feel if King in ur village is an outsider.Just sit down n think like d northerners,how can d minority rule us wen we are d majority.Dats how all human thinks

If the majority rule stupidly, as northerners do, then they should not be allowed to impact on the affairs of the progressive parts of the country.

Run the country as a federation but do not allow them to spoil the good work being done in the south.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by BigBrother9ja: 8:38pm On Apr 22, 2017
[s]
successmatters:

What Nnamdi Kanu saw in the evening, some people from the south west are still arguing it till this night! grin
[/s]
Complete Fûckery

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by Allann(m): 8:39pm On Apr 22, 2017
Noneroone:
what is this one talking? Was it not enahoro of the action group that moved a motion for self rule when the north were clamouring for an extention of colonial rule? Yorubas are experts in history revisionism.

Enahoro moved for independence, and the north resisted because they felt they were educationally disadvantaged and might be oppressed. So Nigeria had to wait for 4years to address that concern.

Then based on this and other anticidents, Awolowo also felt that it would be dangerous to leave the north as a region(since politics is the game of number and the north had been unduly favoured by the British), despite the fact that they were not homogeneous in anyWay. He saw the danger of domination. Your people were too arrogant to see any danger. Rather they formed an alliance and blackmailed Awo into submission. Six years was too late for your people to wake up, and somebody was talking of One Ojukwu waking up in the morning to see what Awo didn't see.

Go and read history with open mind bros .

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by lemolemo: 8:40pm On Apr 22, 2017
Father let that break away from the parasites come oh lord. Each tribe will be richer and happier an independent nation. Bigger countries are known to be politically powerful but poor economically. Nations in Europe are examples of the smaller you are the better things are for the populace. Only the United State have such big population and better economically.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by BigBrother9ja: 8:40pm On Apr 22, 2017
Igboesika:
Sometimes I laugh when some people think that this country would last for ages. If we are divided like this just after 57 years of independence, then what would happen in the next 100 years when people must have been highly exposed and enlightened.
?

The earlier we go our separate ways now and avoid more killings, hatred, unpatriotism and marginalisation, the better.
Nigeria is just postponing the inevitable.
As for Nigeria to last for centuries.. [s]IT'S VERY IMPOSSIBLE. I repeat .. IT'S IMPOSSIBLE !![/s].

I pity some poor people on this forum shouting " one Nigeria ", your own case would be worst because , you are creating more problems for your children and generation to come. You and your children have no place to run to when things gets out of hand, unlike the rich ones that can easily fly out of this contraption when things are becoming unbearable for them which has started happening already.

Imagine some people getting furious when you address them as Nigerians...
What is left if not disintegration ?.
Let's stop deceiving ourselves and call a spade a spade. We are not united and can never be.
If we don't celebrate that in your life time, we will after your demise.
Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by mmsen: 8:40pm On Apr 22, 2017
gberra:
Now you have to detour to the NE?. .. Would you agree that SouthEast senators & reps are the most imbecilics one could never have imagined?.. 16years at NASS leadership with the luxury of two Southern presidents.. And now you talking NE? Forget it bro, IPob is doomed.

Why are the South East senators the most imbecilic when it is the north that languishes in poverty?

Why should I not talk about the north east? Money that is not being generated in the north east is being wasted in the north east because of destruction caused by people of the north east. But you think it is wrong for people in the South East to request compensation to damage caused in their region by external forces?

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by maafen: 8:49pm On Apr 22, 2017
successmatters:

SHUT GO AND READ NIGERIA'S HISTORY. Or better still go and sleep
Awolowo saw this coming but Azikiwe didn't
Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 22, 2017
Go through the comments and you'll agree Nigeria just have to break up. There's so much mutual hate between the ethnic groups making up the entity called Nigeria.

Whether or not we like it, Nigeria must be restructured or it will eventually break up. I honestly pray for the restructuring.

The North is a huge drag on the rest of the country.

If a people can't live together peacefully, they should go their separate ways. It's common sense.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

The 2nd Video Of Governor Ganduje Receiving Bribe Released By Daily Nigerian / Woman Spotted Sleeping At NASS Inauguration (Photos) / My Second Name Is 'Trouble' — Wike Reacts To Senator Wamako Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.