Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,273 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu (45535 Views)

Jega: Prediction On Nigeria’s Breakup May Be Fulfilled (Punch) / "Buhari May Cause Nigeria’s Breakup" – Frederick Fasehun / Buhari Can Be Impeached Over Magu – Senator Okurounmu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by Igboesika: 9:56pm On Apr 22, 2017
BabaAduras:

Like I earlier said, you Igbos did not learn anything from the civil war. When there is a break away, it is always "to your tent, o ye Israel". You will be so persecuted that you will have no choice than to pack all you can take along with you and relocate to Biafra. Ask old enough Igbo people that were in Lagos pre civil war.

Maybe you are too young to understand the impact and really of breaking off from Nigeria. I know for a fact that almost the whole properties in the then Idi-Araba in Lagos belonged to Igbos, Ojukwu's father like some other rich Igbo men owned estates in Ikoyi. These properties were never returned to the pre-war owners.

So be careful and be mindful of what you ask for.
This is 21st century not 50years ago.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by Allann(m): 9:58pm On Apr 22, 2017
Noneroone:
i should be asking what ur point is. You claimed awolowo's wanted the north broken into more regions as a condition for accepting indepedence but that is in contrast with what history says. Awolowo's party moved a motion for self rule while the north even resisted independence. Can a party run two conflicting agenda at the same time? Is there any formal action which proves your claims? Pls dont even hide your lack of point on the claim of rudeness.

Ok. Ordinarily I should refer you to the 1959 constitution build up. But for the sake of clarity I will address it here.

Prior to Amalgamation of 1914, all manner of people were grouped into 2 protectorates (North and South) with lopsided statistics in favour of the north, but the south had advantage in education. By 1946 when the south was broken into 2, and Nigeria now had 3 regions, the north now had additional population advantage over the other 2regions. But it did not become an issue as we were moving towards independence together.

But then, when Enahoro moved the motion for independence in 1956, and the north raised concerns over what should have been a balancing advantage for the south, it became a source of concern for the West in particular. So, Awo said if it's about the issue of domination, the north also should be broken into regions. This will ensure that the northern population would be broken down into the regions., and the fear of domination by any tribe would be settled as there would be no dominant region but all with fairly equal population. That was the position of Awo in 1959 or Yoruba would not be part of the new Nigeria. But Zik thought he could manipulate the north, and together with the north they suppressed Awo and wished that fear away.

And today Awo is vindicated!

Modified

The actual submission of Awo was that Nigeria should be broken into (smaller components ) states before independence to address the fear of domination by the region that has population advantage (as politics is a game of numbers), and to also give the minorities voice.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by successmatters(m): 10:00pm On Apr 22, 2017
Abagworo:
There can't be break up without war and there will never be peace after the war and subsequent wars upon wars. The issue at hand is the paradigm shift in 2015 which has brought an end to the old order and they are using every means possible to create chaos under different guises from cattle rustlers to Fulani herdsmen to IPOB to pipeline vandalism. Their finances will soon be strangulated completely as they are presently gasping for breath.

Fulani man claiming IMO state. Continue to deceive IMO people.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by Alexis11: 10:05pm On Apr 22, 2017
successmatters:

What Ojukwu saw early in the morning, Awolowo couldn't see in the afternoon.

What Nnamdi Kanu saw in the evening, some people from the south west are still arguing it till this night! grin

KANU was not ready for Biafra. If was, he wouldn't have drawn so much attention to himself with his hate speeches and violence against the Yorubas.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by kidcaptain2010(m): 10:05pm On Apr 22, 2017
helinues:
Okunrounmu should go and sit down somewhere. He was a senator during Osoba's first term. He lost woefully to unknown person cos he didn't perform.

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by Leebeedo(m): 10:06pm On Apr 22, 2017
helinues:
Okunrounmu should go and sit down somewhere. He was a senator during Osoba's first term. He lost woefully to unknown person cos he didn't perform.

Face the message and forget about the messenger

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by Nwakaumu(m): 10:07pm On Apr 22, 2017
BabaAduras:

Like I earlier said, you Igbos did not learn anything from the civil war. When there is a break away, it is always "to your tent, o ye Israel". You will be so persecuted that you will have no choice than to pack all you can take along with you and relocate to Biafra. Ask old enough Igbo people that were in Lagos pre civil war.

Maybe you are too young to understand the impact and really of breaking off from Nigeria. I know for a fact that almost the whole properties in the then Idi-Araba in Lagos belonged to Igbos, Ojukwu's father like some other rich Igbo men owned estates in Ikoyi. These properties were never returned to the pre-war owners.

So be careful and be mindful of what you ask for.
now ve exposed the truth that yoruba are thieves just like awo-ole(thief)-owo(money)=Awo the money thief,who stole biafran with his 20 pound policy.so you stole igbo properties in lagos and yet you people are the poorest tribe in lagos after hausa.yoruba are pathological liars;I thought you people said you secured igbo properties in lagos and handed them over to them when they returned.lazy parasites go and get a job and stop lazying around looking for Igbo properties to steal.learn from what happened to the chief criminal,Awo-Ole owo:he took aba made rat poison and died miserably.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by Caramelemperor: 10:10pm On Apr 22, 2017
There are far more stvpid people in this country than people who have sense....too many people are always thinking of how to destroy, break or end things rather than thinking about how to build. When a typical Nigerian doesn't know how to solve a problem, he/she imagines that the best solution would be to destroy the entire system without wasting time. #MentalLaziness

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by successmatters(m): 10:12pm On Apr 22, 2017
Alexis11:

KANU was not ready for Biafra. If was, he wouldn't have drawn so much attention to himself with his hate speeches and violence against the Yorubas.

What did he say that is not the truth?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by RosaConsidine: 10:15pm On Apr 22, 2017
Nigeria's breakup is inevitable...... Yet he ran for,won and served as a senator in the same Nigeria whose breakup is inevitable.

Okay.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by CurrentSamuel(m): 10:17pm On Apr 22, 2017
Ovamboland:

The America you are quoting had their own version of ipob and civil war before they could knock sense into the skull of separatist by the force of arms. Try your luck you might do better than the American Igbos

American civil war was because South needed to hugely legalize slavery it was not because they didn't believe in America or because because things were not working...If it was so they would have divided without forcing them to stay....remember when Abraham said to Johnson Davis give me a better reason why you sort to secced .nd also remember that the southern state were Also allowed to go what caused the war was that South after leaving started attacking northern axis
Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by kidcaptain2010(m): 10:18pm On Apr 22, 2017
ZombieTAMER:

It will be done peacefully
Break up is the only solution
The thieving politicians wil be totally against it as the status quo favours them

But we will smile at the end

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by toye440: 10:19pm On Apr 22, 2017
successmatters:

What Nnamdi Kanu saw in the evening, some people from the south west are still arguing it till this night! grin
miserable bigot. Snake, ppl like this r d ones agitating for Biafra but they would never step their foot on d soil, but choose to die in Lagos yet u hv d wits to talk abt d west.
pls remember DAT d sun rises in d East and sets in d west. muturu, note that u comparing Awoo intelligence to that Biafra warlord who ran away and left alot of Igbo's to die is an insult; or comparing Nnamdi KANU to any Yoruba hero is not just an Insult but an affront on d Yoruba ppl, and must b addressed.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by geekay4real(m): 10:25pm On Apr 22, 2017
helinues:

Dats not an issue, the issue is marginalization is becoming unbecoming in this country and this can never make Nigeria united.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by fof1: 10:27pm On Apr 22, 2017
helinues:

SO HE LOST DUE TO NON PERFORMANCE AND SO HE CAN NOT TALK WHAT HE SEES OR FEELS ABI? VERY SHAMEFUL OF U.GO AND HIDE UR FACE IN DERISION AND PITY.U R A DEFEATED FOE & FOOL

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by Alexis11: 10:29pm On Apr 22, 2017
unclejb2:
Where are those Yoruba slaves. Una people don dey see and say the truth. Biafra is at hand

How are Yorubas slaves? can you explain?
Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by BabaAduras: 10:35pm On Apr 22, 2017
Nwakaumu:
now ve exposed the truth that yoruba are thieves just like awo-ole(thief)-owo(money)=Awo the money thief,who stole biafran with his 20 pound policy.so you stole igbo properties in lagos and yet you people are the poorest tribe in lagos after hausa.yoruba are pathological liars;I thought you people said you secured igbo properties in lagos and handed them over to them when they returned.lazy parasites go and get a job and stop lazying around looking for Igbo properties to steal.learn from what happened to the chief criminal,Awo-Ole owo:he took aba made rat poison and died miserably.

Like I earlier said, be mindful and be careful of what you ask for.

I mentioned Idi-Araba and Ikoyi so it will bring it your forefront. If it will please you, the same happened in Portharcourt township.My father lost his house in Portharcourt town like many Yorubas and Igbos to the same civil war. When I got a job with NLNG, He took me to the house and warned me never to build properties in Portharcourt.

You do not know the implication of breaking away. You can seat in cozy comfortable room and be talking on social media about breaking away from Nigeria. I am just warning you of the realities of what you are asking for.

I worked 18 years with NLNG but because of my fathers warning, I refused to buy any property in PHC. Many of friends in Shell, Chevron, etc, have sold off their properties in PHC and relocated the families to the west or abroad. What am I telling you, we are better prepared for breakup than you Igbos are.

You can lash out at we Yourubas all you like and all you want. Face reality - Igbos are not ready for break-up. Ask yourself how many rich Yorubas or rich Hausa/Fulanis have heavy investments in the east? Ask the same question of your rich Igbos. And ask how many of your rich and elites Igbo are supporting the Biafran aspiration.

Face reality.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by mikolo80: 10:38pm On Apr 22, 2017
ramdris:
Bring it on!

Frankly speaking ehn, I don't really mind breaking up Nigeria so far it will be done without firing a single bullet...
which magic. unless oil become irrelevant
Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by mikolo80: 10:39pm On Apr 22, 2017
Igboesika:
Sometimes I laugh when some people think that this country would last for ages. If we are divided like this just after 57 years of independence, then what would happen in the next 100 years when people must have been highly exposed and enlightened.
?

The earlier we go our separate ways now and avoid more killings, hatred, unpatriotism and marginalisation, the better.
Nigeria is just postponing the inevitable.
As for Nigeria to last for centuries.. IT'S VERY IMPOSSIBLE. I repeat .. IT'S IMPOSSIBLE !!.

I pity some poor people on this forum shouting " one Nigeria ", your own case would be worst because , you are creating more problems for your children and generation to come. You and your children have no place to run to when things gets out of hand, unlike the rich ones that can easily fly out of this contraption when things are becoming unbearable for them which has started happening already.

Imagine some people getting furious when you address them as Nigerians...
What is left if not disintegration ?.
Let's stop deceiving ourselves and call a spade a spade. We are not united and can never be.
they should disintegrate na. shebi it's by mouth they will leave. till oyel finish bo

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by mikolo80: 10:40pm On Apr 22, 2017
Ebenstyles:

[b]SOURCE: http://www.thekalabaris.com/2017/04/22/nigerias-breakup-is-inevitable-senator-okurounmu/

because him no see fertiliser moni tif again. bastard Yoruba man

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by BabaAduras: 10:47pm On Apr 22, 2017
Igboesika:

Stop kidding yourself, face reality. Igbos will lose out badly if there is a breakup of Nigeria now.

You can quote me, the Ijaws will never join Biafra.

You will lose out badly in Lagos, Abuja and Portharcourt. I am not so conversant with north, so I do not know how establish Igbos are in Kano, Kaduna, but I am sure you will lose badly there too.

So be careful and mindful of what you are asking for.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by BermudaTriangle(m): 10:49pm On Apr 22, 2017
successmatters:

What did Ojukwu see ? Nonsense talk. Ojukwu was a victim of circumstance and was faced with no other option than what he did.
He saw but failed woefully to conquer so what was the essense of his vision other than self-destruct and mass suicide ? Stop swimming in delusions.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by Sweetnik22(f): 10:53pm On Apr 22, 2017
kuchikau1:
i can neva date/marry a woman wey blood dey comot frm ur big toto every 28 days.
So u still never receive sense all this while undecided I pity ur
m lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by BermudaTriangle(m): 10:55pm On Apr 22, 2017
Igboesika:
Sometimes I laugh when some people think that this country would last for ages. If we are divided like this just after 57 years of independence, then what would happen in the next 100 years when people must have been highly exposed and enlightened.
?

The earlier we go our separate ways now and avoid more killings, hatred, unpatriotism and marginalisation, the better.
Nigeria is just postponing the inevitable.
As for Nigeria to last for centuries.. IT'S VERY IMPOSSIBLE. I repeat .. IT'S IMPOSSIBLE !!.

I pity some poor people on this forum shouting " one Nigeria ", your own case would be worst because , you are creating more problems for your children and generation to come. You and your children have no place to run to when things gets out of hand, unlike the rich ones that can easily fly out of this contraption when things are becoming unbearable for them which has started happening already.

Imagine some people getting furious when you address them as Nigerians...
What is left if not disintegration ?.
Let's stop deceiving ourselves and call a spade a spade. We are not united and can never be.

Nigeria is more divided now than in the pre-66 era. Disintegration is a foregone conclusion in the spritual realm. Soon we may face the danger of people linching elites in their regions who are opposed to disintegration.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by BermudaTriangle(m): 10:57pm On Apr 22, 2017
drss2:
nations ar formed by pipul of similar culture n background coming togeda into a union like wat happend in america. not like d fake one forced fully joined togeda by federick lugard.
nobody in america need to sing "one america" every day like d case in dis cess-pit cos every american feel he/she is part of america. their patriotism to america as citizens was not by force, it came naturally. why will america not develop like it is today u can't force patriotism on pipul who do not see demselves as nijeriyans.
americans live as a united nation, free to practice their religion in peace, unlike northern nijeriya were christians ar persecuted n massacred daily cos of their faith. Americans have a sense of nationhood wia every american matters whether d pesin is from alaska or hawaii. thus every american is proud to be an american. dis is how nations ar formed. can d same be said for nijeriya definately not.
compare d rise of nations from europe to america n u will see nijeriya's problem. dat some pipul have to beg nijeriyans to live as "one nijeria" every single day for d past 50 years goes to show dat d con3 itself is not one.
d massacres currently going on all ova d con3 especially middle belt by terrorist who feel d con3 belongs to dem is by far enough reason for d con3 to break. who will want to live with unrepetant murderers as one nijeriya God forbid!
nijeriya's disintegration is inevitable. as it was in former yugoslavia, USSR n sudan, so shall it be in nijeria.

Obituary for Mr. English. RIP.
Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by clickwtB(m): 11:01pm On Apr 22, 2017
Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by Alfranco(m): 11:02pm On Apr 22, 2017
drss2:
nations ar formed by pipul of similar culture n background coming togeda into a union like wat happend in america. not like d fake one forced fully joined togeda by federick lugard.
nobody in america need to sing "one america" every day like d case in dis cess-pit cos every american feel he/she is part of america. their patriotism to america as citizens was not by force, it came naturally. why will america not develop like it is today u can't force patriotism on pipul who do not see demselves as nijeriyans.
americans live as a united nation, free to practice their religion in peace, unlike northern nijeriya were christians ar persecuted n massacred daily cos of their faith. Americans have a sense of nationhood wia every american matters whether d pesin is from alaska or hawaii. thus every american is proud to be an american. dis is how nations ar formed. can d same be said for nijeriya definately not.
compare d rise of nations from europe to america n u will see nijeriya's problem. dat some pipul have to beg nijeriyans to live as "one nijeria" every single day for d past 50 years goes to show dat d con3 itself is not one.
d massacres currently going on all ova d con3 especially middle belt by terrorist who feel d con3 belongs to dem is by far enough reason for d con3 to break. who will want to live with unrepetant murderers as one nijeriya God forbid!
nijeriya's disintegration is inevitable. as it was in former yugoslavia, USSR n sudan, so shall it be in nijeria.

There was no form of Social Contract among the nations that fomed the Nigerian country unlike the UK or US. Those harping one Nigeria as divine got it wrong like Lugard. No arguments...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by BermudaTriangle(m): 11:05pm On Apr 22, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
Any power that want to break this country shall be broken.God bless Nig

Pharaoh of Egypt, Goliath of the Philistines, Senacherub of Assyria, Haman of Babylon, Og of Bashan, Sihon of Amori and the Medianites were more powerful than the collectivity of the north but were annihilated by the I AM THAT I AM who is going to break Nigeria up the way a pack of cards scatters. It would seem like a dream to you.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by Igboesika: 11:11pm On Apr 22, 2017
BabaAduras:

Stop kidding yourself, face reality. Igbos will lose out badly if there is a breakup of Nigeria now.

You can quote me, the Ijaws will never join Biafra.

You will lose out badly in Lagos, Abuja and Portharcourt. I am not so conversant with north, so I do not know how establish Igbos are in Kano, Kaduna, but I am sure you will lose badly there too.

So be careful and mindful of what you are asking for.
As long as Nigerians in diaspora are doing well In their various businesses without any form of harassment from their host, Biafrans in Nigeria doing their businesses in Nig shouldnt be a problematic issue as well.
Unless if Nig would be in a state of anarchy after Biafrans must have gained their independence ( who knows) . Same thing applicable to foreigners that have investments in Nigeria. They are being protected by Nig law.

Again, excluding Port Harcourt from Biafra is laughable. You can go there and confirm about their opinion on Biafran issue. I wouldn't want to argue about that and other things you listed above.

Lastly, Biafran issue is not an igbo affairs that's why their last president wasn't an Igbo man.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by tex25: 11:20pm On Apr 22, 2017
High time we call a spade a spade!
Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by Mintek: 11:22pm On Apr 22, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
Any power that want to break this country shall be broken.God bless Nig

Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu by morounkola(f): 11:27pm On Apr 22, 2017
History ALWAYS has a way of repeating itself
Igboesika:

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Bianca Ojukwu Stuns At Adaure Igbo Women Event In Uk(photos) / The 2nd Video Of Governor Ganduje Receiving Bribe Released By Daily Nigerian / Woman Spotted Sleeping At NASS Inauguration (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.