Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe (70166 Views)

South Africa,ghana,kenya & African Countries Are More Developed Than Nigeria / Why Kaduna And Kano Combined Is More Developed Than The Southeast / Trump: "No Country More Beautiful Than Nigeria, And I Want To Visit" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by Gistpeeps: 3:01pm On May 04, 2017
President Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe, has said that his country is the “most highly developed country in Africa” after South Africa, even ahead of Nigeria and Egypt.

Mugabe stated this at the World Economic Forum on Africa in Durban, South Africa.

“After South Africa, I want to see what country has the level of development that you see in Zimbabwe.”

“We have over 14 universities and our literacy rate is over 90 [%] – is the highest in Africa.

“Yes, we have our problems… but we have resources, perhaps more than the average country in the world, is it gold, diamond, coal… and our agriculture is very viable and this year we will have a bumper harvest,” he said.

Zimbabwe is ranked 24th on the UNDP’s Human Development Index for Africa, and 154th in the world. Nigeria is in 152nd place.

http://www.gistpeeps.com/2017/05/zimbabwe-more-developed-than-nigeria-mugba.html

11 Likes

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by otimothy(m): 3:02pm On May 04, 2017
Age is finally catching up with this OLD MAN.

167 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by Greatigbos(f): 3:03pm On May 04, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by wydmag(m): 3:04pm On May 04, 2017
what do you expect! Nigeria and Zimbabwe both has Old and sick Presidents! plus they receive goats, cows and other livestock as collateral for loans in Zimbabwe's Bank

223 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by Oxtonguy: 3:05pm On May 04, 2017
Africans leader develop their country for context, not for neccesity this mentality is really dragging us behind. By the way who has him question that warrant that datum grin

5 Likes

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by littlewonders: 3:05pm On May 04, 2017
Don't blame him, he has been reading a lot of bad stories about Nigeria.

Me I think Namibians are more developed than our leaders.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by AkinPhysicist: 3:06pm On May 04, 2017
In the land of the blind...even a one-eyed man is KING. I no blame you mumube

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by AkinPhysicist: 3:06pm On May 04, 2017
cheesy
cool
Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by Rossikk(m): 3:10pm On May 04, 2017
Gistpeeps:
President Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe, has said that his country is the “most highly developed country in Africa” after South Africa, even ahead of Nigeria and Egypt.

Mugabe stated this at the World Economic Forum on Africa in Durban, South Africa.

“After South Africa, I want to see what country has the level of development that you see in Zimbabwe.”

“We have over 14 universities and our literacy rate is over 90 [%] – is the highest in Africa.

“Yes, we have our problems… but we have resources, perhaps more than the average country in the world, is it gold, diamond, coal… and our agriculture is very viable and this year we will have a bumper harvest,” he said.

Zimbabwe is ranked 24th on the UNDP’s Human Development Index for Africa, and 154th in the world. Nigeria is in 152nd place.

http://www.gistpeeps.com/2017/05/zimbabwe-more-developed-than-nigeria-mugba.html
You have 14 universities? Wow....But Nigeria has 250 sir.

So you are simply not in our league.

171 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by Vicolan: 3:12pm On May 04, 2017
I blame you nee ....When we are having someone like you in my country dt loves power and authority than his health....... Ur manhood still lives on mumu

5 Likes

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by Tolexander: 3:13pm On May 04, 2017
mtchew!

Who still takes Robert Mogabe serious?

He said this statement (South Africa is the only African country surpassing Zimbabwe in developmental ranking) in Durban, South Africa. He said this because he was in South Africa.
If he was not in South Africa, he would have said Zimbabwe is more developed than South Africa.

Robert Mogabe is a nonagenerian, one should expect some symptoms of old age from him.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by GEJPosterity: 3:13pm On May 04, 2017
BTW they have constant electricity and running water in their big cities in Zimbabwe. I visited a friend in Kewkwe recently (Kwekwe is to Zimbabwe what a city like Ado-Ekiti is to Nigeria), and for my 3 days there, the light did not blink. I also did not see a single generator.

Might want to chew on that before you laugh at Mugabe.

Nigeria is a lot worse than many of you realise.

382 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by jullty: 3:16pm On May 04, 2017
[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by thesicilian: 3:16pm On May 04, 2017
At this stage I'm inclined to believe that every country is more developed than Nigeria. Besides I have never been to Zimbabwe, so why should I doubt Mugabe's claims?

137 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by GEJPosterity: 3:17pm On May 04, 2017
Rossikk:
You have 14 universities? Wow....But Nigeria has 250 sir.

So you are simply not in our league.
Relative to their population, silly.

First of all, the number of universities in Nigeria (including those awaiting accreditation) is still 130 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_universities_in_Nigeria. I don't know which babalawo you conjured your delusional figures from.

14 universities to 12 million people is a much better ratio than 130 universities to 180 million people.

We're the ones who are not in their league.

223 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by GEJPosterity: 3:29pm On May 04, 2017
thesicilian:
At this stage I'm inclined to believe that every country is more developed than Nigeria. Besides I have never been to Zimbabwe, so why should I doubt Mugabe's claims?
You are a wise person.

74 Likes

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by omenkaLives(m): 3:37pm On May 04, 2017
cheesy

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by Amberon: 3:39pm On May 04, 2017
True

2 Likes

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 04, 2017
GEJPosterity:
BTW they have constant electricity and running water in their big cities in Zimbabwe. I visited a friend in Kewkwe recently (Kwekwe is to Zimbabwe what a city like Ado-Ekiti is to Nigeria), and for my 3 days there, the light did not blink. I also did not see a single generator.

So their big cities having constant electricity is what makes them more developed than Nigeria?

67 Likes

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by EmeeNaka: 4:30pm On May 04, 2017
He could be right.
Zimbabwe is not led by an illiterate
Also, Zimbabweans do not kill their citizens like ants, that's what development means.
Nigeria is a Zoo

101 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by GEJPosterity: 4:43pm On May 04, 2017
LastMumu:

So their big cities having constant electricity is what makes them more developed than Nigeria?

They also have running water, smooth, tarred roads all over their cities, subsidised social housing, 90%+ literacy and human development indices that are far superior to at least half of Nigeria. Their infrastructure stock was built by Europeans before majority rule happened in 1980 without a destructive civil war. They are also having a bumper harvest, meeting all their internal food needs with leftover to export - Nigeria is still importing garri and wheat and corn.

By all objective measures, Zimbabwe is a more developed country than Nigeria. Visit it and you will be shocked at how backward Nigeria actually is, relative to even the rest of Africa. It's only in the minds of delusional Nigerians who don't travel that Nigeria is some kind of great, important country. Nigeria is actually a backward, inconsequential West African British vassal state led by illiterates, where its most expensive high class neighbourhoods have open gutters, individual septic tanks, boreholes and diesel generators.

You need to get out more.

330 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by drss2(m): 4:44pm On May 04, 2017
mugabe said d gospel truth. nijeriya is notin but a big wilderness.
imagine if biafra is an independent con3 since 1970, we will be competing with south korea, not south africa.

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by Rossikk(m): 4:47pm On May 04, 2017
GEJPosterity:

Relative to their population, silly.

First of all, the number of universities in Nigeria (including those awaiting accreditation) is still 130 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_universities_in_Nigeria. I don't know which babalawo you conjured your delusional figures from.

14 universities to 12 million people is a much better ratio than 130 universities to 180 million people.

We're the ones who are not in their league.
Sure...I bet you'd never leave Nigeria to go live in Zimbabwe tho. Big mouth, little brain.

22 Likes

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by Ngokafor(f): 4:49pm On May 04, 2017
GEJPosterity:

...Leave Nigerians to keep deceiving themselves..Big for nothing country that uses generators as a source of power supply even in 21st century.such a shame.

121 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by GEJPosterity: 4:51pm On May 04, 2017
Rossikk:
Sure...I bet you'd never leave Nigeria to go live in Zimbabwe tho. Big mouth, little brain.
Before you insult me, you had better make sure you're not speaking to your intellectual superior, you this delusional pinhead. I am not your mate Rossikk, or whatever you call yourself. The only thing you are known for on this platform and elsewhere is for posting delusional nonsense, lies and half truths in pursuit of some equally delusional "Nigerianist" agenda. I'm not interested in your politics or whatever deep lying inferiority complex makes you so attracted to any conversation where the word "Nigeria" is mentioned. Whatever you are compensating for, you had better leave me out of it. I don't take kindly to being aggressed by the likes of you at all.

Do not do this again in your life.

152 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by Opakan2: 4:51pm On May 04, 2017
All thanks to the useless PhD holder who was busy making illegal millionaires with fake economic growth statistics

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by Rossikk(m): 4:51pm On May 04, 2017
GEJPosterity:

They also have running water, smooth, tarred roads all over their cities, subsidised social housing, 90%+ literacy and human development indices that are far superior to at least half of Nigeria. Their infrastructure stock was built by Europeans before majority rule happened in 1980 without a destructive civil war. They are also having a bumper harvest, meeting all their internal food needs with leftover to export - Nigeria is still importing garri and wheat and corn.

By all objective measures, Zimbabwe is a more developed country than Nigeria. Visit it and you will be shocked at how backward Nigeria actually is, relative to even the rest of Africa. It's only in the minds of delusional Nigerians who don't travel that Nigeria is some kind of great, important country. Nigeria is actually a backward, inconsequential West African British vassal state led by illiterates, where its most expensive high class neighbourhoods have open gutters, individual septic tanks, boreholes and diesel generators.

You need to get out more.
Shut up there. The GDP per capita of Zimbabwe is $970 per annum, compared to Nigeria's $2,750. You could not survive two days in Zimbabwe, with their food shortages, and shortages of basic goods and services. Before long, you will be crying to be returned to Nigeria. Idiot.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by forbizconnect: 4:54pm On May 04, 2017
Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by wristbangle: 4:56pm On May 04, 2017
drss2:
mugabe said d gospel truth. nijeriya is notin but a big wilderness.
imagine if biafra is an independent con3 since 1970, we will be competing with south korea, not south africa.

Hehehe dem don come again o! grin

Your sense of humour is even greater than Mugabe.

22 Likes

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by beberebe: 4:56pm On May 04, 2017
Oxtonguy:
We know, nw run along grin grin Funny people everywhere grin

Don't mind that old fool.....he didn't know that our Lagos is more developed than Zimbabwe.....
We afonjas are more civilized and educated in the whole of Africa?

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Another Girl Narrowly Escapes Being Lynched In Sokoto- Pic And Video / Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. / Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.