Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe (70171 Views)

South Africa,ghana,kenya & African Countries Are More Developed Than Nigeria / Why Kaduna And Kano Combined Is More Developed Than The Southeast / Trump: "No Country More Beautiful Than Nigeria, And I Want To Visit" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by Gerrard59(m): 8:22pm On May 04, 2017
neocortex:

Sorry to burst your bubble Zimbabwe has a higher poverty rate(70%) than Nigeria(30%),
if not for South Africa which serves as the London for Zimbabweans, the poverty would
have been worse.

And Gejproperity comments were pure sentiments, I challenge him to list the Zimbabwe
cities he has visited.
I can also visit FCT and declare Nigeria as a highly developed country.

And if Nigeria were to be Somalia, you will be in a UN refugee camp waiting for your next meal.
Development isn't a question of things, it is a question of people.

He did.

Unfortunately, you have not responded to my comment on electricity. I said South of Nigeria, are there not refugee camps North of the Niger?

Who mentioned things? Yes, it the people, as no one has been able to tell me why a country that is almost 57 years old cannot provide her citizens with constant power thereby reducing earning power and productivity. Why will someone be sentimental for something everyone sees? To tell you why I am pissed off, I have not seen electricity for ONE WEEK. It has been generators since and yet I am told bills have to be paid for what I did not see. Something other countries (in Africa) play with, yet we are among the highest producers of gas in Africa.

10 Likes

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by ollah2: 8:24pm On May 04, 2017
donborg:
listen to yourself then come back and ask me again ok......olodo 1 of afonja

Exactly what some members said, some people can't just have a brilliant argument devoid of iinsults.You need your head checked.
Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by adimsmt: 8:25pm On May 04, 2017
GEJPosterity:

They also have running water, smooth, tarred roads all over their cities, subsidised social housing, 90%+ literacy and human development indices that are far superior to at least half of Nigeria. Their infrastructure stock was built by Europeans before majority rule happened in 1980 without a destructive civil war. They are also having a bumper harvest, meeting all their internal food needs with leftover to export - Nigeria is still importing garri and wheat and corn.

By all objective measures, Zimbabwe is a more developed country than Nigeria. Visit it and you will be shocked at how backward Nigeria actually is, relative to even the rest of Africa. It's only in the minds of delusional Nigerians who don't travel that Nigeria is some kind of great, important country. Nigeria is actually a backward, inconsequential West African British vassal state led by illiterates, where its most expensive high class neighbourhoods have open gutters, individual septic tanks, boreholes and diesel generators.

You need to get out more.

Please tell our people the gospel truth.

3 Likes

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 04, 2017
AceSkillz01:

Not that simple.

In most major standard of living indices, Zimbabwe IS in fact, better. I would happily move to about 94% of the other countries in the world too, if I were to be afforded full citizen's rights. Mathematically, that's a smart move based on statistics. Their standards of living are all higher than Nigeria's.

I notice we Nigerians feel insulted pretty quickly. Embrace the bitter truth and the pain that comes with it. That will motivate us to improve.

With all our machismo and braggadocio, look where we are cry

It always hard to talk sense into those who are not ready to learn.

Canada has higher standard of living than usa, Has more universities per head than usa, has bigger landmass, and higher purchasing power, plus they are always looking for foreigners compared to usa.

If they give you a choice to pick between canada and usa, which one will you pick?

By those standards, does that mean canada is better than usa?

Use your head now. Don't let self hate deride your thinking.

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by Nobody: 8:27pm On May 04, 2017
GDP is immaterial as far as development is concerned, nigeria has a higher gdp per capita than moldova and ukraine but these countries are very advanced countries. it's not like the money will be shared to all of you, so there. southern, northern and east africa are really doing great right now, they have good quality of life, less corruption, developing to attract tourism, better infrastructure, i know for a fact that Angola, Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, Mauritius, Kenya, Gabon are currently better than Nigeria in terms of development, even their mindset is different, except for the northern muslim countries, all these countries have a more mature orientation about sexuality, they're more aware and open minded about social issues, they're less prudish, they're more educated, less over-religous, more evolved in general.

even worse is the fact that nigeria has one of the best resource accumulation in the world, we once had what it takes to be better than most of these advanced but not-so-rich european countries, eg- serbia, latvia, cyprus, georgia, poland but look at the mess, we've recently been overtaken by ghana, as far as wealth is concerned we had major league money, i'm talking germany, UAE money but nigerian men, the so-called leaders have no foresight, they cut off their own nose to spite their own face, milked the country dry, developed nothing! while the masses stood around praying, calling on god and multiplying like pigs instead of resisting corruption. nigerians are very easy to brainwash so whatever is told to them becomes their truth. we dont even have a national airline, even ethiopia has theirs. about africa, i must say though that mugabe is exaggerating to claim zimbabwe is 2nd after SA, in terms of quality of life and recent development, they're in top 15 and nigeria is not. nigeria is living in past glory and most nigerians are not realists, they dont want to keep up with the times, truth is we were once fore-runners now overtaken by many.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by Ruler2: 8:28pm On May 04, 2017
GEJPosterity:

They also have running water, smooth, tarred roads all over their cities, subsidised social housing, 90%+ literacy and human development indices that are far superior to at least half of Nigeria. Their infrastructure stock was built by Europeans before majority rule happened in 1980 without a destructive civil war. They are also having a bumper harvest, meeting all their internal food needs with leftover to export - Nigeria is still importing garri and wheat and corn.

By all objective measures, Zimbabwe is a more developed country than Nigeria. Visit it and you will be shocked at how backward Nigeria actually is, relative to even the rest of Africa. It's only in the minds of delusional Nigerians who don't travel that Nigeria is some kind of great, important country. Nigeria is actually a backward, inconsequential West African British vassal state led by illiterates, where its most expensive high class neighbourhoods have open gutters, individual septic tanks, boreholes and diesel generators.

Baba. After you na you

2 Likes

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by Drienzia: 8:28pm On May 04, 2017
olajizz01:
Just ignore these people,they were still pained that their hero lost an election,just look at their handle,u will know what am talking about,had it been their hero is still in power looting the state treasury,u will never hear them they singing this kind of song.
Was beginning to think if they were Nigerians.. so much hate from them. I'm not happy the way the country is, but yet, can't berate it like the way that "Gej" guy did. I weep for the future of this country honestly

2 Likes

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by neocortex: 8:28pm On May 04, 2017
GEJPosterity:

Relative to their population, silly.

First of all, the number of universities in Nigeria (including those awaiting accreditation) is still 130 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_universities_in_Nigeria. I don't know which babalawo you conjured your delusional figures from.

14 universities to 12 million people is a much better ratio than 130 universities to 180 million people.

We're the ones who are not in their league.

It is not about the ratio, the best University in Zimbabwe ranks at 4667 in the world
while Nigerian universities start at 1335, in other words Zimbabwe universities
are largely worthless.
I actually expect better analysis from you.

2 Likes

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by donborg(m): 8:29pm On May 04, 2017
ollah2:

Exactly what some members said, some people can't just have a brilliant argument devoid of iinsults.You need your head checked.
i have my reasons....if u re not such an olodo you wouldnt be comparing south eastern nigeria with an independent country of zimbabwe

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by thunderbabs: 8:29pm On May 04, 2017
What is the difference?

One is so old with the brain of a 7 year old, the other is Old and so sick

3 Likes

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by ollah2: 8:31pm On May 04, 2017
donborg:
i have my reasons....if u re not such an olodo you wouldnt be comparing south eastern nigeria with an independent country of zimbabwe

Perhaps, you are the biggest olodo because comprehension is your problem. Where did I compare eastern states to Zimbabwe?
Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by Nobody: 8:31pm On May 04, 2017
ollah2:

What are the worth of Japan, south Korea and China's currencies ?

Answer me, worth is the worth of the useless paper Zimbabweans call currency?

For all those who agreed with a man losing his memory like Mugabe, you need to relocate to Zimbabwe and boast from there, don't stay here and boast about Zimbabwe, relocate there if you have guts
Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by obanla01(m): 8:33pm On May 04, 2017
GEJPosterity:

Relative to their population, silly.

First of all, the number of universities in Nigeria (including those awaiting accreditation) is still 130 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_universities_in_Nigeria. I don't know which babalawo you conjured your delusional figures from.

14 universities to 12 million people is a much better ratio than 130 universities to 180 million people.

We're the ones who are not in their league.
You speak wisely

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 04, 2017
Drienzia:
Was beginning to think if they were Nigerians.. so much hate from them. I'm not happy the way the country is, but yet, can't berate it like the way that "Gej" guy did. I weep for the future of this country honestly

Don't mind those Zimbabweans posing as Nigerians, why are they not living in Zimbabwe? When it takes nothing to relocate
Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by Nobody: 8:34pm On May 04, 2017
GEJPosterity:
BTW they have constant electricity and running water in their big cities in Zimbabwe. I visited a friend in Kewkwe recently (Kwekwe is to Zimbabwe what a city like Ado-Ekiti is to Nigeria), and for my 3 days there, the light did not blink. I also did not see a single generator.

Might want to chew on that before you laugh at Mugabe.

Nigeria is a lot worse than many of you realise.

Nigerians no dey fit travel again, if not we suppose get small shame by now. Giant ko

3 Likes

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by MPSA(m): 8:36pm On May 04, 2017
GUYS! Uncle 'BOB' Is correct, SADC is the most developed region in the Continent, I was the one who was spreading that gospel on other Section of the'Chest Beaters Section'' Kenya vs Nigeria something like that. grin Nigeria is Backward, grin Thank you Uncle ''BOB'' for supporting me today grin, Forward SADC Forward, You are the best President ever Uncle BOB in our region grin

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by donborg(m): 8:37pm On May 04, 2017
ollah2:

Perhaps, you are the biggest olodo because comprehension is your problem. Where did I compare eastern states to Zimbabwe?
oh sorry! now i know that you meant biafra when u said south eastern states....
Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by ollah2: 8:37pm On May 04, 2017
Pidgin2:

Answer me, worth is the worth of the useless paper Zimbabweans call currency?

For all those who agreed with a man losing his memory like Mugabe, you need to relocate to Zimbabwe and boast from there, don't stay here and boast about Zimbabwe, relocate there if you have guts

What is the worth of Japanese Yen, Chinese Yuan and Koreans Won?

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by barragan: 8:38pm On May 04, 2017
GEJPosterity:
BTW they have constant electricity and running water in their big cities in Zimbabwe. I visited a friend in Kewkwe recently (Kwekwe is to Zimbabwe what a city like Ado-Ekiti is to Nigeria), and for my 3 days there, the light did not blink. I also did not see a single generator.

There are several small towns in this country with superb electricity supply, take eruwa for instance, they can go for a month at a stretch without power outage. You have not been everywhere in this country so you should not write like you know everything.
Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by brownhawk: 8:41pm On May 04, 2017
GEJPosterity:

The way you tell lies on the Internet, you must think this is 1994 and people have no way to confirm information.

What food shortages are you on about? Is this 2008?

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/04/zimbabwe-wet-season-helps-bumper-crops-170425103107492.html

They've satisfied their domestic market and they have even started to export excess food you dumb, pathetic, ignorant dolt! You think the rest of Africa is waiting for your naijeriya that is still importing toilet paper and rice? Oh, and lol @per capita GDP. Most Zimbabweans live better lives than most Nigerians. If you're Nigerian and you're not in a major city in the South of Nigeria, then your poverty is on a level with that of 1996 Somalia, $2000 per capita GDP or not.

Even if Nigerians have more money in their pockets than Zimbabweans (not even true), Zimbabweans do not have to spend money digging their own boreholes, buying diesel and petrol generators and fuel, burying their own septic tanks, buying packaged drinking water, and tarring their own roads.

With all your baseless ego, what have you achieved? Zimbabwe is self sufficient in food production, you are still importing rice.

Odoyo.
if it's possible to meet u live. I would have u shot.

your stupid*ty is amazing

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by Drienzia: 8:43pm On May 04, 2017
Pidgin2:

I have never read a more useless post, is your name Judas Iscariot?
And he's a citizen of Nigeria I suppose. The question is, why not stay in Zimbabwe since it's heaven on earth, why come back to the zoo and rant like he was forced to stay in it?

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 04, 2017
Abeg tell dem.

GEJPosterity:

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by neocortex: 8:45pm On May 04, 2017
selflessmaya:
GDP is immaterial as far as development is concerned, nigeria has a higher gdp per capita than moldova and ukraine but these countries are very advanced countries. it's not like the money will be shared to all of you, so there. southern, northern and east africa are really doing great right now, they have good quality of life, infrastructure, developing to attract tourism, better infrastructure, i know for a fact that Angola, Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, Mauritius, Kenya, Gabon are currently better than Nigeria in terms of development, even their mindset is different, except for the northern muslim countries, all these countries have a more mature orientation about sexuality, they're more aware and open minded about social issues, they're less prudish, they're more educated, less over-religous, more evolved in general.

even worse is the fact that nigeria has one of the best resource accumulation in the world, we once had what it takes to be better than most of these advanced but not-so-rich european countries, eg- serbia, latvia, cyprus, georgia, poland but look at the mess, we've recently been overtaken by ghana, as far as wealth is concerned we had major league money, i'm talking germany, UAE money but nigerian men, the so-called leaders have no foresight, they cut off their own nose to spite their own face, milked the country dry, developed nothing! while the masses stood around praying, calling on god and multiplying like pigs instead of resisting corruption. nigerians are very easy to brainwash so whatever is told to them becomes their truth. we dont even have a national airline, even ethiopia has theirs. about africa, i must say though that mugabe is exaggerating to claim zimbabwe is 2nd after SA, in terms of quality of life and recent development, they're in top 15 and nigeria is not. nigeria is living in past glory and most nigerians are not realists, they dont want to keep up with the times, truth is we were once fore-runners now overtaken by many.

Yes GDP matters but not in isolation.
It is myopic to compare tiny countries with Nigeria
and to make matters worse you had to pick a government-owned commercial
enterprise(airline) as a yardstick for development.
For your information, the USA as big as it is has no national carrier!.

My point is not to deny the level of rot in Nigeria but
to counter misleading information.
As I believe that our penchant for half-truth is why we
are at this stage today.
Anyone can complain and most Nigerians do, but what we need
is not complainers but problem solvers. If we cannot correctly define
what the problem is, how can we develop a solution ?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by Drienzia: 8:47pm On May 04, 2017
barragan:

There are several small towns in this country with superb electricity supply, take eruwa for instance, they can go for a month at a stretch without power outage. You have not been everywhere in this country so you should not write like you know everything.

Even a small town in Delta state (Ekakpamre) has 24hrs electricity... before now, I used to think the whole of Ghana has 24hrs electricity, till I visited core villages, to confirm some of the things we read on the internet are based on prejudice!

3 Likes

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by precious1967(m): 8:48pm On May 04, 2017
one man show country. dt baba needs to see his doctor for treatment from autocracy.

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by Nobody: 8:52pm On May 04, 2017
Drienzia:
And he's a citizen of Nigeria I suppose. The question is, why not stay in Zimbabwe since it's heaven on earth, why come back to the zoo and rant like he was forced to stay in it?

I wonder, let's wait and see of he will give any meaningful reason for not relocating to Zimbabwe up til now
Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by Bobbyjay001(m): 8:54pm On May 04, 2017
GEJPosterity:

The way you tell lies on the Internet, you must think this is 1994 and people have no way to confirm information.

What food shortages are you on about? Is this 2008?

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/04/zimbabwe-wet-season-helps-bumper-crops-170425103107492.html

They've satisfied their domestic market and they have even started to export excess food you dumb, pathetic, ignorant dolt! You think the rest of Africa is waiting for your naijeriya that is still importing toilet paper and rice? Oh, and lol @per capita GDP. Most Zimbabweans live better lives than most Nigerians. If you're Nigerian and you're not in a major city in the South of Nigeria, then your poverty is on a level with that of 1996 Somalia, $2000 per capita GDP or not.

Even if Nigerians have more money in their pockets than Zimbabweans (not even true), Zimbabweans do not have to spend money digging their own boreholes, buying diesel and petrol generators and fuel, burying their own septic tanks, buying packaged drinking water, and tarring their own roads.

With all your baseless ego, what have you achieved? Zimbabwe is self sufficient in food production, you are still importing rice.

Odoyo.

bros,I need your enlightment on the septic tank issue. Is it that they have a centralised septic tank that all sewages in d country are deposited or what? If that's d point,then they must have dug a big septic ditch to serve as septic tank. Pls enlight me. Am in the dark on d issue raised herein.
Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by Nobody: 8:58pm On May 04, 2017
jagugu88li:
This is so true. It was only back in the early 2000s that Zimbabwe was in a bad state. They have a manageable population which helps Mugabe deliver atleast adequately. Actually, his sturborn self has worked hard to make that country great.

Some people here are urguing because of lack of understanding. Mugabe is not saying his country is dominated by affluent individuals or his dollar is far better than the naira. No. Compare infrasture, education system, service delivery......you have your answer

What are you doing here? It's visa free to relocate to Zimbabwe, how can you see heaven and still chose to remain in hell
Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by Nobody: 8:58pm On May 04, 2017
AceSkillz01:

LOL grin

Bro, pick up a textbook and read it ok? Books don't kill

Is constant electricity being generated and supplied in the first place, before we even talk about paying bills?

Like I said, do some reading

Where I stay in Nigeria. I have constant electricity. guess what it's a quiet neighborhood
Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by Hbuyosh(m): 8:59pm On May 04, 2017
selflessmaya:
GDP is immaterial as far as development is concerned, nigeria has a higher gdp per capita than moldova and ukraine but these countries are very advanced countries. it's not like the money will be shared to all of you, so there. southern, northern and east africa are really doing great right now, they have good quality of life, less corruption, developing to attract tourism, better infrastructure, i know for a fact that Angola, Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, Mauritius, Kenya, Gabon are currently better than Nigeria in terms of development, even their mindset is different, except for the northern muslim countries, all these countries have a more mature orientation about sexuality, they're more aware and open minded about social issues, they're less prudish, they're more educated, less over-religous, more evolved in general.

Word

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by MPSA(m): 9:00pm On May 04, 2017
If you don't believe Uncle BOB, Watch the cities of SADC grin He studied in SA before becoming the the president of Zim grin This Uncle BOB I Know grin, Watch This grin

JOHANNESBURG

[youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HghCo7AkCHQ[/youtube]

SANDTON

[youtube]https;//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yta9RpFXJDk[/youtube]

[youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCy5ZT8udpI[youtube]
Re: Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe by optimusprime2(m): 9:01pm On May 04, 2017
GEJPosterity:

Like are you serious?
Do you really understand what development means in General?
You sound like a frustrated Nigerian of which I understand but by no means can apples be compared with Oranges.
By which objective measure is Zimbabwe more developed than Nigeria?
Is it Economically - because the figures don't lie as far GDP is concerned.
Is it Technologically - Do you realize Nigeria has indigenous automobile Manufacturers amongst a whole range of Technological innovations and manufacturing industries, what can Zimbabwe boast of on that regard?
Is it in Trade or Commercially? Have you really analysed the significance of Lagos to west Africa as far as trade is concerned?
Like.... come on this is a very pointless argument I don't even have to continue with this. If it were even Botswana I could have been quiet but not Zimbabwe...
Anyway The Bob is an old man so it must be the senile blue's.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate. / All The Political Gladiators In Lagos Closing Ranks In Bourdillon (Pics) / Osinbajo Has 5,000 Churches So Don't Vote For Buhari - Sambo In Jigawa State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.