Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,161 members, 7,821,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC (38165 Views)

Folashade Tinubu-Ojo And MC Oluomo Get FG Appointments / N10m Donation: Magu Tackles Ganduje, Says EFCC Does Not Accept Donations From Go / Femi Fani-Kayode: "Rotimi Amaechi Owns The $43m Found In Ikoyi Flat" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by davidif: 1:00am On May 06, 2017
Why in goodness name do we have a national intelligence agency again? abi what is DSS (Department of State Security) for?

1 Like

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by Charly68: 1:01am On May 06, 2017
Efcc should start jailing these people and stop media propaganda ...We want to see the criminals behind the bars ..Noise making without court conviction is just harukushanka style of investigation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by davidif: 1:06am On May 06, 2017
Admin401:
I thought they said Nigeria cannot survive with NIA, it looks like reverse is the case because these corrupt govt. officials cannot survive without Nigeria to feed off of and drain her life force. God help us all.

Abeg, help me tell them o. What does Nigeria need a national intelligence agency for when they already have the Department of State Security (DSS).

4 Likes

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by Nobody: 1:07am On May 06, 2017
cristianisraeli:

i dont need to any aproko friend..i have the internet...maybe u dont understand my comment..the most expensive flat in banana island is 150M..u can buy a full mansion with $1.6million in banana island..are u telling me houses are more expensive in ikoyi and its cheaper in banana island?
You have google, yet you are talking like an ignorant dolt.

Why not google the worth or osborne tower instead of disturbing us with stupid question?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by davidif: 1:07am On May 06, 2017
dfrost:

Bros you dey vex? cheesy grin

Bros, we all should be angry. If we were angry enough then maybe our leaders would take us a little bit more seriously.
Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by logica(m): 1:11am On May 06, 2017
davidif:

Abeg, help me tell them o. What does Nigeria need a national intelligence agency for when they already have the Department of State Security (DSS).
Different functions. NIA = CIA like DSS=USSS, where Nigeria=US. But yes, we don't need the NIA. It is simply like the Office of the NSA - nothing but an ATM through which money is siphoned by the Presidency under various fictitious endeavors like Arms Deal and Covert Operations.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by Nobody: 1:13am On May 06, 2017
Gravas:
$1.6M was converted to N360,000 000! Just look at that figure.
MrBrownJay1:

My thought exactly.... BS story, as usual

See them!
They just grabbed keyboard and forgot to bring brain along.

If dollars stood between 220 and 240 around august and september 2015

https://www.thecable.ng/charts-how-the-naira-has-fared-in-2015

If you multiply peaked 240 by 1.6 million, what will you get?

You think efcc is filled with brain dead mor0ns like most wailers on nairaland?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by hatchy(f): 1:14am On May 06, 2017
Chai! This people really finished this country.Jonathan and his gang of looters have made history.
If PDP had won the 2015 election Nigeria would have been ceded to Benin Republic because there wouldn't have been a dime left in our coffers.
Yet some people come here to defend the Buffon as their hero.
Never shall we vote in some one under whose watch our common wealth was shared like birthday cake among the elites again.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by davidif: 1:15am On May 06, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

Blame the national assembly members who ve delberately failed to make clear laws on corruption and believe me even if they were prosecuted they wud spend only 2 years in jail. Ask Bode George
Of course thieves cannot make laws against thieves. EFCC can only arrest, investigate and prosecute but can't jail the corrupt politicians. At best they cant detain but only for a while.

Honestly this is why we need to make provisions for referendum in the constitution so that the President can take an issue to the people if legislature does not want to pass it.

This is what Buhari should have done if he was a scholar. The first month of his presidency he should have surrounded himself with the best lawyers and take a thorough look at the entire system including the constitution the by laws of the political regulatory body's like INEC and amend them. For example, adding the aforementioned referendum would have been good so that if the house or the senate don't want to pass a strong anti-corruption law they can take it to the people to vote on it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by logica(m): 1:16am On May 06, 2017
hatchy:
Chai! This people really finished this country.Jonathan and his gang of looters have made history.
You think this manner of looting just started? Think again.

4 Likes

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by Caseless: 1:17am On May 06, 2017
alizma:
Where are those 3-parrot, Wike, Fayose and FFK?

And for those of you calling Ameachi a thief that is being protected by APC factor, you need to re-examine your brain and ask why has it been difficult for Wike as a sitting governor and an opposition to come up with concrete evidence to nail him?
Unfortunately for the wailers, they say Tinubu is another big thief in charge of Lagos but Lagos is working more than any other state in Nigeria.
those 3 are mad.

6 Likes

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by nurex01(m): 1:22am On May 06, 2017
davidif:

Honestly this is why we need to make provisions for referendum in the constitution so that the President can take an issue to the people if legislature does not want to pass it.

This is what Buhari should have done if he was a scholar. The first month of his presidency he should have surrounded himself with the best lawyers and take a thorough look at the entire system including the constitution the by laws of the political regulatory body's like INEC and amend them. For example, adding the aforementioned referendum would have been good so that if the house or the senate don't want to pass a strong anti-corruption law they can take it to the people to vote on it.
Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by davidif: 1:24am On May 06, 2017
logica:
Different functions. NIA = CIA like DSS=USSS, where Nigeria=US. But yes, we don't need the NIA. It is simply like the Office of the NSA - nothing but an ATM through which money is siphoned by the Presidency under various fictitious endeavors like Arms Deal and Covert Operations.

What in goodness name do we need a CIA for? Its not like we are at war with any foreign country? The countries that have powerful intelligence agencies are the big and wealthy countries who have so much influence all over the world (USA, China, former USSR etc) or those who have enemies all over (Israel, North Korea). Last time i checked, Nigeria is cool with Cameroun, Niger, Benin and Chad so what seems to be the problem?

If its Boko Haram you are chasing, then you use millitary intelligence but why do you have to go establish another money guzzling bureaucracy like the NIA just because you want to 'feel among'?

5 Likes

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by hkd11: 1:25am On May 06, 2017
cristianisraeli:

in nigeria electricity don turn to facility..lol...its is public pool and not a private one..thats a Condominium...abroad rich and the poor live in Condominiums..abeg my people way don travel or they live abroad right now..na true i talk or lie?
Una be mumu when una never see money. He is right fine and county estate u think say na small money? Only 2 bedroom goes for 140 million.

4 Likes

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by davidif: 1:28am On May 06, 2017
logica:
This is a matter of national security! You are endangering foreign secret agents (rats lodged in the apartment).

National Security?? hahahahha, you think say this one na movie?

6 Likes

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by nurex01(m): 1:32am On May 06, 2017
logica:
Hopefully, your unborn children will not be hailing their oppressors (the children of the looters) as the current generation is.
I hope so.

Just to be clear, there is nothing unfair about purchasing a house for that amount if you legitimately earned the money.
if and only if, conditional clause. Good
Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by jumobi1(m): 1:32am On May 06, 2017
prettyboi1989:
why isnt the purchase of the flat made under NIA? why is it with the name of the wife of the DG if it truly belongs to NIA? Mr & Mrs oke stole govt funds and are trying to drag the NIA into it as an alibi. you both are going down

Would defeat the purpose if documents show the house is owned by NIA. With that said, it being owned by the NIA director's wife defeats the purpose too. There's nothing covert about using her name. This man should be jailed.

8 Likes

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by Ralphlauren(m): 1:38am On May 06, 2017
hkd11:

Una be mumu when una never see money. He is right fine and county estate u think say na small money? Only 2 bedroom goes for 140 million.

I doubt if that Eden heights has been completed.

Udo Okonjo of fine and country is well known for pitching "off plan properties".

Off plan properties are literally non existent properties. They only exist on paper. Although most times you can see a construction site (land with construction workers) and you will be shown an architectural plan with fancy/colourful brochure advertising the property. Sometimes, you are shown a "model" in a show glass.

She was known for selling off plan properties located at dubai. After the dubai property boom ended, she moved over to nigeria. Only God knows how many corrupt Nigerians she helped in buying luxury flats at dubai.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by DanseMacabre(m): 1:44am On May 06, 2017
jumobi1:

Would defeat the purpose if documents show the house is owned by NIA. With that said, it being owned by the NIA director's wife defeats the purpose too. There's nothing undercover about using her name. This man should be jailed.

Your comment is pretty much the crux of the whole matter.

5 Likes

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by deomelo: 2:31am On May 06, 2017
emmykk:
EFCC is too dumb...NIA DG said the money belong to his agency and you are saying fortfeit to FG.is there sense in that. seize govt money by govt mumu EFCC.

stop media trial dasuki media trial yield no result.just seize the money and the apartment let everybody hear word

Was the money stored with the FG or was recovered from private hands in a private property?by the EFCC?

Be smart and intelligent with your reasoning.

6 Likes

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by sapele914(m): 3:38am On May 06, 2017
davidif:

It's like asking what does United States of America need the FBI and CIA for?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by Spidermon: 3:43am On May 06, 2017
EastGold:
The more you look, the less you see.

Nigeria is a joke

1 Like

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by sapele914(m): 3:49am On May 06, 2017
davidif:

What in goodness name do we need a CIA for? Its not like we are at war with any foreign country? The countries that have powerful intelligence agencies are the big and wealthy countries who have so much influence all over the world (USA, China, former USSR etc) or those who have enemies all over (Israel, North Korea). Last time i checked, Nigeria is cool with Cameroun, Niger, Benin and Chad so what seems to be the problem?

If its Boko Haram you are chasing, then you use millitary intelligence but why do you have to go establish another money guzzling bureaucracy like the NIA just because you want to 'feel among'?
Ignoramus every country in the world has an intelligence agency as long as you have consulates or embassys abroad you have career spies that work in the embassys gathering information. It will be very foolish to assume that cameroun,Niger,Benin and Chad don't have intelligence agencies or why do they have military attaches in their embassys?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by seguno2: 4:12am On May 06, 2017
sapele914:
Exactly why i question your sense of comprehension you conspiracy theorist you are weighing your case in your own words on an earlier denial of the NIA who said they were not aware of the funds,not the facts of the case that Mr Oke had stashed the funds away in a safe house unknown to his colleagues,monies I guess stolen from jonathan's campaign, just the same way wike ,FFK and fayose in an earlier accusation initially claimed Amaechi was the owner of the flat,even they have shut up on this issue, you are still spilling crap. A lot has happened in the last 3 weeks I guess your mind is still trapped in the past.

Are you sure that a lot has happened in the last three weeks?
Can you please provide the link to Amaechi actually suing FFK and Lere in court as he threatened over three weeks ago? Dino wasted no time with suing Sahara reporters to court unlike the ATM minister that Oke and NIA have been made the cover up fall guy.

https://www.nairaland.com/3699477/dino-melaye-sues-sahara-reporters
Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by seguno2: 4:18am On May 06, 2017
davidif:

.....if he was a scholar and not a looter himself.
Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by agabusta: 5:25am On May 06, 2017
cristianisraeli:
if you can buy a flat for $1.6 million dollars in nigeria..just flat...how much is a full mansion in banana island?nigerian government with media trial with their gullible nigerians that rush to swallow it without thinking,flats in banana island is not more than mayb 150M

So how much is a luxury flat in Ikoyi??

So you think flats in Ikoyi, one of the most expensive places since the creation of Nigeria is sold for peanuts??

You people will just be running your mouth unintelligently. If you don't have the facts of an issue, wisdom dictates you keep your mouth shut.

How much was the duplex Linda bought in Banana in 2015 I presume? It was initially quoted for 550m on a property site.

And for your information Banana Island is actually in Ikoyi. As it is obvious you don't know.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by agabusta: 5:46am On May 06, 2017
sapele914:
Of course houses in old Ikoyi are more expensive than Banana island and for your information Banana Island is a suburb of ikoyi. It's the same way some flats in Victoria Island are more expensive than a mansion in VGC. We don't need Google for the information,we live in these neighborhoods so we can talk from experience.

Thank you and God bless. Kindly help me educate that local boy that doesn't even know that Banana Island is actually part of Ikoyi.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by Bobby808: 5:47am On May 06, 2017
alizma:

And for those of you calling Ameachi a thief that is being protected by APC factor, you need to re-examine your brain and ask why has it been difficult for Wike as a sitting governor and an opposition to come up with concrete evidence to nail him?
Unfortunately for the wailers, they say Tinubu is another big thief in charge of Lagos but Lagos is working more than any other state in Nigeria.
I talk am say some people like this one am quoting will believe this rubbish story. I talk am before. Zomby nor dey reason. Every story, provided it is in favour of the shaking, waving and feather like Buhari of the almighty zoo is taking serious.
Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by agabusta: 5:49am On May 06, 2017
logica:

Of course we need a foreign intelligence unit. The law setting up the others has given them some restrictions as regards overseas operations.
Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by alfred007(m): 5:54am On May 06, 2017
alizma:

I taught Amechi wanted to sue? What is he waiting for.

bro just go get sense. Na script them dey write, am only disappointed that my follow youths accepts this story!!!

So now it takes weeks to discover who owns a house?

am still watching in hd
Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by agabusta: 5:54am On May 06, 2017
davidif:

It is quite naive for u to think we don't need to gather foreign intelligence during peace time, and when we seem not to have any enemy.

Some foreign countries are equally gathering intelligence on us and we need to counter this.

That is the kind of mindset that blew the boko haram issue out of proportion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day / Instructions Written Down For Buhari, Man Raises Concern / Anambra Decides: Results Coming In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.