Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,614 members, 7,816,524 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? (10684 Views)

Niger Deltans Are Cowards We Know What To Do To Them - Nnamdi Kanu / South Africans Are Big Cowards!!! / Niger Delta Oil Is Useless. Tompolo, Dokubo Are Cowards.- A Radio Caller. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by anonimi: 3:25pm On Jan 12, 2010
invisible
Ok, start from the inside, charity begins at home. Some of us have fraudulent dads, mums, uncles, aunts, cousins, nephews, inlaws etc and we fail to report their evil deeds because we are related to them. We also benefit from their ill-gotten wealth, until we fight our own corrupt people, until we start to confront our councilors in our localities, the revolution will never begin.

what invisible wrote above on the ifrst page is the real DEAL.
When we start to do that the change we desire will either evolve or will precipitate a revolution.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by djcrucifix(m): 3:37pm On Jan 12, 2010
;d
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by tbaba83(m): 3:43pm On Jan 12, 2010
chai dis is off topic bt poster, man r u fyne. DAMNN.

ok now back 2 topic
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by pokua: 3:45pm On Jan 12, 2010
What Nigeria needs is a massive dose of 'JJ Rawlings' medicine. He may not have been perfect but he had the passion and the wherewithal  to set Ghana straight.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by WarfyBoy(m): 3:50pm On Jan 12, 2010
@poster

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU, especialy those timid ones here on NL

REVOLUTION! REVOLUTION!! REVOLUTION!!! Thats what we need
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jan 12, 2010
Warfy Boy:

@poster

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU, especialy those timid ones here on NL

REVOLUTION! REVOLUTION!! REVOLUTION!!! Thats what we need

Aluta dey this one body
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by babeface3: 3:56pm On Jan 12, 2010
Actually, I have travelled far and wide, I have never seen people like Nigerians. I was involed in an incident in Lagos where injustice was meted out to people. All they did was fold their hands and watch like fools and that summarises the attitude of an average Nigerian. IGNORE THE SITUATION, PRAY AND HOPE FOR A BETTER DAY. After all we are the happiest people in the world. shocked shocked
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by WarfyBoy(m): 4:06pm On Jan 12, 2010
arkinses:

Aluta dey this one body

i no go tell u wetin i suppose tell u

make u just arrange yourself
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by messiah(m): 4:12pm On Jan 12, 2010
Dear OP,
You have to be a Nigerian, or have resided in Nigeria for a very long time to understand why such "uprisings" or "revolutions" would never likely happen(at least in the near future) in this great country. There are many factors at play mitigating against that-diverse cultural background, religious and ethnic intolerance, poverty, wanton oppression, very selfish leaders united in the crime of indiscriminate looting and of course, the sheer cowardice of the average Nigerian man-just to mention a few. Naturally, a people look over their differences to unite against a common enemy, but not Nigerians. The colonial masters used a very uncanny way to rule us, and overtly or covertly passed it on to our native leaders. It'll take a lot to beat that time-tested method.
Like I said, you have to be a Nigerian to understand why, well, as you put it, Nigerians are such big cowards. sad
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Onwan: 4:26pm On Jan 12, 2010
@ MESSIAH

IT IS YOUR FATHER THAT IS A COWARD.

NOT EVERYONE IS ILLITERATE OR CHEAP. YOU NEED TO BE WELL RESEARCHED BEFORE YOU POST RUBBISH.

I DONT KNOW YOU OR WHAT YOUR MOTIVE IS, BUT YOU ARE CLEARLY A FAILURE AND A LOW-LIFE.

I WILL NOT RESPOND TO YOUR REPLY OR POSTS. YOU ARE A FOOL AND WILL GET THE BEST ANSWER.

I WONDER WHY THE MODERATOR SHOULD ALLOW SUCH AN INSULTING POST IN THE FIRST PLACE.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by boyt1: 4:32pm On Jan 12, 2010
Nigerians are people who only idol  foreign things.  this will change when the country is plunged into a dip war or disaster  that people can no longer return for xmass etc,  then we can value a place call homeland. "you dont know what you have untill you lose it " .
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Onwan: 4:38pm On Jan 12, 2010
@BoyT

Thank you!

I'm happy there are human beings like you out there. We cant all be failures, thats what they need to stick up their flaked out brains
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Amjustme: 4:39pm On Jan 12, 2010
@Poster

I agree wit u dat u wont fight for Nigeria but perharps u have some suggestions for us. Am also tired of everything.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Kobojunkie: 4:41pm On Jan 12, 2010
messiah:

Dear OP,
You have to be a Nigerian, or have resided in Nigeria for a very long time to understand why such "uprisings" or "revolutions" would never likely happen(at least in the near future) in this great country.[b] There are many factors at play mitigating against that-diverse cultural background, religious and ethnic intolerance, poverty, wanton oppression, very selfish leaders united in the crime of indiscriminate looting and of course, the sheer cowardice of the average Nigerian man-just to mention a few. [/b]Naturally, a people look over their differences to unite against a common enemy, but not Nigerians. The colonial masters used a very uncanny way to rule us, and overtly or covertly passed it on to our native leaders. It'll take a lot to beat that time-tested method.
Like I said, you have to be a Nigerian to understand why, well, as you put it, Nigerians are such big cowards. sad

There is a saying that Not until you are willing to step outside of yourself, your person, your comfort zone, are you able to understand what your life is really about and the true value of that which you hold dear.

When you step outside of Nigeria, and then evaluate all you state above APPLY, you would quickly realize that all is nothing more than VAIN (EXCUSES) reasons for our continued LACKADAISICAL approach to taking back that which belongs to us. Talk to a Nigeria who has been outside of Nigeria for a while and then returns. You immediately get the feeling they are disgusted by the amount of attention we give these things, when we can put them where they belong, to the side, and enjoy a better life in the same country.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by viclee009: 4:52pm On Jan 12, 2010
u r right baybe99, nigerians are all bark no bites, We nigerians make wild speaches but cannot back it up. those who knows are not talking and those are talking does not know. All we know how to do is talk! talk!! talk!!! Like all Nigeria decendants, I am tired of it. Let those who wants to join the revolution say aye. Let's do it. Let's go fight and destroy what the little good we have left. But remember people, You can't do wrong to get the right result.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by meine: 4:55pm On Jan 12, 2010
Nigeria's situation is complex than you think

The diversities of the tribes who have different motives/interests and the growing religion divide makes the notion of a revolution almost impossible

Nigeria itself is not a nation ,its one failed experiment conducted by the British who made things more complicated that they should have been,

For example the almajiri's in the north do not understand that anybody is cheating them as you do because they aren't that educated,if myself a christian southerner kills a northern Muslim president the almajiris will not see it as a revolution rather it will turn to a religion struggle,so who exactly am i fighting for?

Kindly check the demographics of the French, the Russians and others who have successfully staged revolutions for confirmation.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Onwan: 5:01pm On Jan 12, 2010
@Kobojunkie

Thank you!

I can tell you right now that the meaning of a hectic day is having to discuss with shallow minds.

An slowpoke that has not stepped out of Lagos will be saying "In the western worlds". The pig does not even know what goes on out there OR the kind of politics being played out there to shift their recession, instability and drugs problems down to Africa, so they can loot and be refreshed.

All you hear them say is "Fight", "Demonstrate", "Rally"

Very stu.pid and shortsighted clowns.

I no blame them sha, illiteracy na accident!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by londoner: 5:04pm On Jan 12, 2010
There is something which makes people get up and make a change, Nigerians have not come to that point yet. When they do, they will make the change, either in the ballot box or elsewhere.

Those who staged revolutions did so after reaching their breaking point. It took the French hundreds of years to revolt against their system mind you.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Onwan: 5:11pm On Jan 12, 2010
It took them hundreds of years and till today they are still revolting.

This is not France, this is Nigeria (with capital N); mind you we are richer than the USA.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 12, 2010
Sectional uprising in various parts of Nigeria suggests that Nigerians are anything but cowards, they simply do not believe in the Nigerian project enough.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Fhemmmy: 5:25pm On Jan 12, 2010
I will not say Nigerians are cowards, but MOST are.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Thespecialone(m): 5:34pm On Jan 12, 2010
@ Poster
use ur head. If there is revolution in nigeria as you are suggesting, which would degenerate into tribal wars, think of the impact it would have on the sub region, and africa in general. Where would the refugees in Lagos go to?

Nigeria are by no means cowards and the would rather live in peace than in a war zone.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Fhemmmy: 5:36pm On Jan 12, 2010
Thespecialone:

@ Poster
use your head. If there is revolution in nigeria as you are suggesting, which would degenerate into tribal wars, think of the impact it would have on the sub region, and africa in general. Where would the refugees in Lagos go to?

Nigeria are by no means cowards and the would rather live in peace than in a war zone.

Sooner or later, that will happen.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Hauwa1: 5:49pm On Jan 12, 2010
OP, i feel your pains. it baffles me too why they suffer and smile and born plenty undecided
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by asha80(m): 5:55pm On Jan 12, 2010
Onwan:

This is not France, this is Nigeria (with capital N); mind you we are richer than the USA.

shocked
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Dammyray(m): 5:55pm On Jan 12, 2010
Theirs a fool that's say's if your father is a fraudster report him, na u wan dey help pay my school fees?, Alofia
Onwan:

Hmmm? grin grin grin
Tell me something
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by godseyi: 6:12pm On Jan 12, 2010
@Poster,
you have a valid point, but to add, I'll say:

A typical Nigerian is not a coward, but he/she is usually afraid and apprehensive to be the one to take the first step.

Common scenario: a bus conductor is shouting 50-naira, 50-naira, calling for passengers into his bus, for a distance that is usually 30-naira with nothing unusual(no rainfall(past, present and future tense), no police/agbero-fight scare anywhere) happening / happened. In Lagos state for example, you'll observe that at first, people wont enter the bus just because the fare is "suddenly increased".

Once one person decides to enter, everybody rushes in.

Now we are inside the bus: one person is complaining that the fare is to high / increased, blah, blah, blah - then everyone just joins in and starts to complain. If the bus conductor stands his ground and refuses to collect less than he demands, once one person pays the dubious amount, everyone will follow suit. The end of such discussions is "that God will punish all the corrupt people in Nigeria, that God will do this and God will do that".

Why is it that even when labor unions decide to go on strike, there will still be people who will decide to obey the fraudulent law-makers, and who will prefer to stand on their own. Why is it that regardless of the amount of times fuel price has increased in this country, for no justifiable reason, Nigerians are still buying it?

See, the truth is, if Mr. President decides tomorrow that fuel price is 500-naira per litter, Nigerian bus drivers and commuters will still buy it. We will go back to our churches and mosques and continue to pray to God to provide. Sometimes, I wonder what God has to do with fuel increase. If God provides food for you to eat, and you refuse to eat it, is it Gods fault. When God Provided Manna for Israel, what if they refused to gather it?

One bad thing about this country is that it is very hard to get people to unite. Ibo, Yoruba and Hausa, and any other tribe in our Nigeria's 4-corners will never unite on anything. Taking the yoruba, for example, they would rather further divide into their towns and villages, with some people claiming to be Ibadan, others Kwara, others Ekiti, etc. They have collectively forgotten that they are Yoruba. Then we arrive in Ekiti, and you hear some people saying I'm from Ado Ekiti, and you are from Ikare, etc. Ive observed that the above attitude is not a result of patriotism, but just ignorance. Have you ever seen Chinese peeps breaking up into the Beijing'ians', and the non Beijing'ians'? Have you ever seen Japanese dividing up into their tribal excesses?

Its sad but to say the truth: the number of Ibos, Hausas and Yorubas in this country is more than the number of Nigerians. Thats the bad part. Have you met Nigerians outside Nigeria. Immediately two strangers introduce themselves to one another, and discover that they are Nigerians, one would 99% ask the other if he/she is Ibo, Yoruba or Hausa. Once the tribal bruhaha is discovered, its either the relationship become long-distanced or is solidified as a result of same tribal affilation. And further they will dig into: which state are you from? Its sickening, you know.

Its because of this lack of unity that our corrupt leaders are able to do and undo. And its the reason why: YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN is at the back of the mind of everyone. In fact, its a doctrine that every politician has to understand to be able to successfully rule Nigeria.

Secondly, Nigerians are not ready to die for anybody. They are not even ready to die for themselves. When its time to talk, everybody can talk, but they are not even ready to die for what they believe in. A conversation in a bus I entered this morning went like this:

First person, in reference to our corrupt leaders: "some people have to die for Nigeria to move forward".

The second person replied: "you be the first".

Everybody laughed.

And then a third person added: "If he dies for Nigeria, would you die too?".

The second person replied: "the person wey kill himself for this country, na hin own don pafuka eh".

Now, thats the Nigerian Mentality.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by justright1: 6:43pm On Jan 12, 2010
I beg i no be farouk oh! Kill myself and others because i wan change Nigeria. No way.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by mamagee3(f): 7:33pm On Jan 12, 2010
Can you prove Nigerians are cowards? undecided
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Kobojunkie: 7:51pm On Jan 12, 2010
Dammy_ray:

Theirs a fool that's say's if your father is a fraudster report him, na u wan dey help pay my school fees?, Alofia
Hmmm? grin grin grin
Tell me something

So, in essence, if you had been Farouk's father, knowing that your son was potentially going to kill 300 people, you would have kept your mouth shut then? I ask this considering you seem willing to look the other way while other's are bilked out of their livelihood so you can get money for YOUR own schooling.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by kcibe: 8:01pm On Jan 12, 2010
This was a good one that needed some teaching,explanations to the writer but so many people instaed of giving LECTURES are busy causing, BAD.To the poster;the reasons are many;
1.the people that can effect these changes are not rich enough to carry it out.This is a very expensive project.The people that can do  it are enjoying the riches of ill-gotten money.
2.The great betrayal of the Ibo would make anybody think twice before adventuring to such a project again.
The changes are coming but very gradual.i visited Lagos [oshodi and other places] i saw the difference when compared to 5years ago when i left nig.This is a one-man army.We are gradually moving towards an improved Nigeria--cos the era of massive rigging of election is at sight.When true leathers emerge will will be better.
3.Those that stole our money in mils and bils doesn't teach their children that there can be a better life for the populace.some of us that struggled and are in G8 countries are really learning very fast and will soon make an impact in nigeria.Belive me the generation of your dad[poster]are those that came to abroad with a looting treasury from their father ,grand father or any other family members.They don't care for changes
Re: Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jan 12, 2010
i disagree with the poster. nigerians are not cowards. how can you call a person who crosses the street when a car at full speed is only 10 feet away a coward. ur mistaken my friend. that is what i call bravery.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Larry Odey Defects To APC With 5,000 Others In Cross River / Jimi Agbaje Has Not Left PDP, It Is "Rumor" - PDP, Fani Kayode Says / Lagosians Spend N36bn On Owambe Annually - Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.