Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,711 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights (7327 Views)

US To Allow Armed Drone Exports / Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? / FRSC Sacks 100 Marshals For Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by Meldrick(m): 3:41pm On Jan 14, 2010
Beaf:

Funny, but your govt has been arranging to bring in both Africom and the Isreali's. The US is not the one pressing to introduce Africom, Yar Adua was practically begging both Africom and the Isreali's to come into the country were they would have been used against innocent folk. This is open news (but we 9ja's hate reading  grin). All that BS about opposing Africom was cover up, [size=14pt]Yar Adua went to Washington, signed up with Africom and sold our sovereignty[/size].
Africom has been patrolling Nigerian waters for going to two years now (it is not known if they are even on land as well in the ND)

NO NO NO!!!! Get this right, Nigeria never and has never begged for Africom. Yaradua's position of Africom was that US should train Nigerian Army so they can have their own Africom where they will be free from American Intervention.

One of the websites u quoted has clearly Ojo Maduekwe speech on Africom.
http://africanpress./2008/01/20/nigeria-africom-ship-heads-for-gulf-of-guinea/

Also, last December, the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Chief Ojo Maduekwe, in Washington DC, said that Nigeria did not endorse the presence of the AFRICOM on the continent. “Nigeria’s position on AFRICOM remains that African governments have the sovereign responsibility for the maintenance of peace and security on the continent,” Maduekwe said. Africa is, however, united in rejecting US requests for a military headquarters site.

@ topic

This is another form of neo-colonialism
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by bkoy: 3:43pm On Jan 14, 2010
FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS angry
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by hatch: 3:48pm On Jan 14, 2010
pafun:

Hurray men !!
We are soon going to be Americans at last if we play our cards right and send more fake bombers  wink
When I talked about my dream here ( https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-378391.0.html ) people cursed me and said I was mad - for a whole 8 pages !!. Una eye never clear.

I advise any of you who wants me to see into your future to contact me as soon as possible. I accept charges by Paypal.

@ pafun

I love your sense of humor fella !

@ Poster and Respondents

So what if we have heavily armed air marshals on flights to the USA ! Why does an average NLander love to feel important [size=28pt](Sorry bunch of Whiners & Losers !)[/size] undecided
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by Beaf: 3:58pm On Jan 14, 2010
Meldrick:

NO NO NO!!!! Get this right, Nigeria never and has never begged for Africom. Yaradua's position of Africom was that US should train Nigerian Army so they can have their own Africom where they will be free from American Intervention.

One of the websites u quoted has clearly Ojo Maduekwe speech on Africom.
http://africanpress./2008/01/20/nigeria-africom-ship-heads-for-gulf-of-guinea/

Also, last December, the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Chief Ojo Maduekwe, in Washington DC, said that Nigeria did not endorse the presence of the AFRICOM on the continent. “Nigeria’s position on AFRICOM remains that African governments have the sovereign responsibility for the maintenance of peace and security on the continent,” Maduekwe said. Africa is, however, united in rejecting US requests for a military headquarters site.

@ topic

This is another form of neo-colonialism

Forget about what they said in public and read those links I posted, especially the one from stratfor. read about Nigeria on global intelligence and security sites and your jaw will drop for what our people can do to line their pockets. Yar Adua signed us away.
Right now, as we are talking Africom is patrolling our waters, "protecting" our deep sea oil installations. The plan was to bring them on land into the Niger Delta to man robotic equipment alongside the Israeli's, Africom is already likely on the ground in Nigeria. Yar Adua and his goons preffered to sign us away than solve the ND issue's (that is aside the $3 billion spent arming JTF).
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by topup: 3:58pm On Jan 14, 2010
I don't believe this is an attempt to cause trouble and wreak havoc. I mean I can imagine the number of countries that allow US marshalls on their flights that haven't made this agreement public.

I don't think the US is controlling Nigeria, they are simply trying to make themselves feel safer, and possibly reassure any US citizens planning on travelling to and from Nigeria to America.

I think they are focusing on the wrong country/place though, as this particular bombing-attempt cannot be particularly located to a specific place. I am sure if the man in question was born and bred in Nigeria all his life, then we would have less people objecting to the US becoming defensive, but because he wasn't, practically every Nigerian has decided to wash their hands clean of any joint responsibility that would have been forced upon them.

I don't think this decision will change the experience of flight, as for all the underlying rules, systems and relations with America, those are definitely bound to chnage, even probably before the bombing-attempt if I was being completely honest.
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by AYOANU: 4:10pm On Jan 14, 2010
WHAT DO U EXPECT BEFORE

WHEN OUR HONOURABLE YAR'A ONE IS NOW THE PRESIDENT OF SAUDI ARABIA.

WHO WILL STAND TO DEFEND US

NOBODY

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by Wrex(m): 4:41pm On Jan 14, 2010
this is the beginning , very soon,they will take over the whole country,RUBBISH LEADERS!!! angry angry
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jan 14, 2010
Guys read the article properly !!!!

We Nigerians like spreading rumours, it clearly states 'US Trained Air Marshalls " who will be Nigerians will be in most flights.

Not US Air Marshalls but US trained Marshalls.
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 14, 2010
"The United States approached Nigeria to have their marshals assist in the training and equipping of (Nigerian) marshals," Aviation Minister Babatunde Omotoba told reporters on Wednesday.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE60C51920100113
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jan 14, 2010
I cant seem to understand the words of the minister because he just said two things.
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by sjeezy8: 5:05pm On Jan 14, 2010
Nigeria needs africom because the clowns in Nigeria cant properly run it.
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by dustydee: 5:09pm On Jan 14, 2010
what will the marshals do?If someone wants to blow up a plane,it can be done with or without the marshals.They should just make sure no one gets onboard with explosives or weapons period.The onboeard marshal thing is totally unnecessary.
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by gidson12(m): 5:31pm On Jan 14, 2010
dustydee:

what will the marshals do?If someone wants to blow up a plane,it can be done with or without the marshals.They should just make sure no one gets onboard with explosives or weapons period.The onboeard marshal thing is totally unnecessary.
i fear ooo! undecided
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by tsunami4ve: 5:42pm On Jan 14, 2010
I am not at all suprise. I have always known that one day nigeria will seize to be on the world map.

But i never envisaged it to happen like this.It is just too sad to know that i am born in a country that have never for

once known its History.Rather we have vagaborns in our sit of power.
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 14, 2010
No Nigerian flight has been involved in terrorism.
The terrorism occurred between Amsterdam and Detroit.
Abdul was trained in Yemen, but brainwashed in Britain.
WHERE DOES NIGERIAN FLIGHTS COME IN HERE ?

Intelligent Nigerians like you and I, should reason this out. American for long has been looking for a way to be break up Nigeria and siphon our Oil. Because Iraq is unstable to sustain them. They sponsor militants in the Niger Delta using strategic American groups,  and buy bunkered at black market rate, the ammunition are US made. Yet Nigeria didn't break up. Insinuation of 2015 from bullshit CIA didn't work also.

Its time, for America to move in. Abdul case brought it the much needed excuse. Here we go, Nigeria. Yaradua and Jonathan has the first test of their intelligence as classroom teachers and politicians. And the ugly looking and greedy senators and assemblymen have their true test as law-makers.

When I become president, things will change.
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by nich(m): 5:51pm On Jan 14, 2010
grin naija sef wan dey act action film. grin
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by cvibe: 6:10pm On Jan 14, 2010
There goes my fatherland!
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by Jakumo(m): 6:10pm On Jan 14, 2010
Whether the Nigerian Patriots moan, ululate or shriek, there are and will be seriously armed US sky marshalls aboard ALL flights that connect to the United States for a very long duration of time to come.

The same people filling acres of print to voice opposition to having law enforcement officials aboard international flights would probably be among the first to need a change of underwear were ever a madman hoping to score with 72 virgins in heaven suddenly stand up in the passenger cabin of an airliner holding a knife.

A few precision-aimed shots from a well trained police marksman can prevent terrorist attacks from reaching their intended conclusion, whether on the ground or aboard a passenger jet, and the outcome of the 911 plane hijacks would have been dramatically different if sky marshalls had been present aboard those aircraft, primed to quickly shoot dead those aggressors before they could reach the cockpit door.

There are cops to walk the beat on the mean streets of the world's cities, so there should also be cops of exemplary handgun marksmanship credentials to mingle with passengers who fly the unfriendly skies, so as to kill with extreme prejudice any homicidal maniacs or 72 virgin tourists that make a wrong move at 35 thousand feet.
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by Beaf: 6:17pm On Jan 14, 2010
Jakumo:

Whether the Nigerian Patriots moan, ululate or shriek, there are and will be seriously armed US sky marshalls aboard ALL flights that connect to the United States for a very long duration of time to come.

The same people filling acres of print to voice opposition to having law enforcement officials aboard international flights would probably be among the first to need a change of underwear were ever a madman hoping to score with 72 virgins in heaven suddenly stand up in the passenger cabin of an airliner holding a knife.

A few precision-aimed shots from a well trained police marksman can prevent terrorist attacks from reaching their intended conclusion, whether on the ground or aboard a passenger jet, and the outcome of the 911 plane hijacks would have been dramatically different if sky marshalls had been present aboard those aircraft, primed to quickly shoot dead those aggressors before they could reach the cockpit door.

There are cops to walk the beat on the mean streets of the world's cities, so there should also be cops of exemplary handgun marksmanship credentials to mingle with passengers who fly the unfriendly skies, so as to kill with extreme prejudice any homicidal maniacs or [size=33pt]72 virgin tourists[/size] that make a wrong move at 35 thousand feet.

Chineke! Unu go kill pesin wit laugh o!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 14, 2010
Jakumo
so putting US marshal on nigeria flight is an option to you.when are we going to kissing oyinbo a s s ,
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by nich(m): 6:43pm On Jan 14, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Jakumo
so putting US marshal on nigeria flight is an option to you.when are we going to kissing oyinbo a s s ,

i think that'd be @ the 2010 world cup. lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by PurestBoy(m): 6:53pm On Jan 14, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Jakumo
so putting US marshal on nigeria flight is an option to you.when are we going to kissing  oyinbo a s s ,

Do you people understand that US are also protect the non-US citizens
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by noblegas2(m): 7:29pm On Jan 14, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

av said it times wivowt number, Nigeria is a joke!!!
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by redsun(m): 7:53pm On Jan 14, 2010
All this propaganda and what have not is just to basically turn nigeria into another pakistan,afghanistan,palestine and closer home,somalia,the  official grounds for jihad.There are two sides to this bullshit,you know.

World politics tend to breed on artificial chaos.The more trouble there is,the arms sold.the money to be made.
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by Onwan: 8:05pm On Jan 14, 2010
Now ya'll see what Ive been trying to say about the US and their scheme to get into Nigeria. Its been a setup from day 1.

My recommendation;

1. That Aviation guy that signed that agreement should be sacked immediately.
2. US Bound flights should compulsorily be transit via another country - No more directs for now.
3. Yaradua should come back and re-iterate his alliance and support for other African nations like Libya, etc
4, Nigeria should openly declare a stand against terrorism AND dissociation from the US in terms of their "war on terror" - This is what the UK is doing by the "probe" into the Iraq war - that will make the extremists not associate them with the oppression the US is carrying out everywhere under the tag; "war on terror"

If you follow the news carefully, you will find out that there is NO ONE DAY that the US forces in Pakistan or Afghan do not kill at least 8 women and children - they refuse to comment on it or even apologize.

Also, there were 5 US Citizens arrested in the Middle east for terrorism (they were actually the ones organizing the "suicide" bombings) - for some days now, the news quietly vanished - BUT we saw a continuous pictures and videos of the guys on TV.

There is no "terrorists", its the US on both ends - believe me people, they are the world's enemy and are trying to rule the world.

Americans need to understand that this is not OBJ, this is not a puppet or a petty person in charge.

I will NEVER have anything against ANY real terror attack against the US, NEVER!
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by redsun(m): 8:17pm On Jan 14, 2010
What is going on there is like opening a can of trapped african killer bees without protective gears.Nigerians are not terrorist,we don't reason like arabs,not even like a whiteman,with their live let die altitude.
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by NIGboi(m): 8:26pm On Jan 14, 2010
so it has come to this? If we aren't careful,very soon a US military personnel will become our president's ADC. grin grin

why do we need US air marshalls on flights.

redsun:

All this propaganda and what have not is just to basically turn nigeria into another pakistan,afghanistan,palestine and closer home,somalia,the  official grounds for jihad.There are two sides to this bullshit,you know.

World politics tend to breed on artificial chaos.The more trouble there is,the arms sold.the money to be made.
u are close to the truth. this is all propaganda for a larger plan.

PurestBoy:

Do you people understand that US are also protect the non-US citizens

that's what they always tell u. they don't frigging care about u.
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by sodconfirm: 8:29pm On Jan 14, 2010
Onwan:

Now ya'll see what Ive been trying to say about the US and their scheme to get into Nigeria. Its been a setup from day 1.

My recommendation;

1. That Aviation guy that signed that agreement should be sacked immediately.
2. US Bound flights should compulsorily be transit via another country - No more directs for now.
3. Yaradua should come back and re-iterate his alliance and support for other African nations like Libya, etc
4, Nigeria should openly declare a stand against terrorism AND dissociation from the US in terms of their "war on terror" - This is what the UK is doing by the "probe" into the Iraq war - that will make the extremists not associate them with the oppression the US is carrying out everywhere under the tag; "war on terror"

If you follow the news carefully, you will find out that there is NO ONE DAY that the US forces in Pakistan or Afghan do not kill at least 8 women and children - they refuse to comment on it or even apologize.

Also, there were 5 US Citizens arrested in the Middle east for terrorism (they were actually the ones organizing the "suicide" bombings) - for some days now, the news quietly vanished - BUT we saw a continuous pictures and videos of the guys on TV.

There is no "terrorists", its the US on both ends - believe me people, they are the world's enemy and are trying to rule the world.

Americans need to understand that this is not OBJ, this is not a puppet or a petty person in charge.

I will NEVER have anything against ANY real terror attack against the US, NEVER!

You said it all mehn, Their main aim is to take charge of the world and the few countries that do not allow their intervention are the enemies of the U.S, Yemen did not allow U.S troops to attack al-qaeda in their country because by doing that they are allowing further instability in the country and they knew it. This is a country where the Dec 25 terror was planned and masterminded. We Nigerians should stand up for our future, I hope we don't become the next Afghanistan, Pakistan or Iraq soon, I pray not cos i will not like to die by a bomb.
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by bettes(f): 8:31pm On Jan 14, 2010
redsun:

What is going on there is like opening a can of trapped african killer bees without protective gears.Nigerians are not terrorist,we don't reason like arabs,not even like a whiteman,with their live let die altitude.

It's we nigerians that know that,the average American doesnt.

I honestly dont see any problem with puting US trained marshals on board since nigerians are not equiped for that kind of thing.If that Mutallab's plan had been successful we'd all be singing a different song now.
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by MrCrackles(m): 8:34pm On Jan 14, 2010
This is some insane stuff. . . .But who cares really grin
NIGERIA NEEDS TO BE TAKEN OVER!!!!!
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by Onwan: 8:44pm On Jan 14, 2010
The UK is being smart about it AND telling the world that they are not working with the US and they are not involved in the US and their oppression.

You can imagine they setup and open inquiry into the War on Iraq - and have summoned very well respected and notable people to ask them why they went into Iraq with the US.

Imagine Tony Blair is on the line, even Gordon Brown is going to appear before the panel too.

This is a message to the world and to the Muslim nations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. / Imo West: INEC Challenges Jurisdiction Of Court On Okorocha's Suit - Daily Trust / Why Edo Assembly Was Not Inaugurated On Monday – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.