Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,047 members, 7,814,591 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights (7326 Views)

US To Allow Armed Drone Exports / Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? / FRSC Sacks 100 Marshals For Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by ladej(m): 1:05am On Jan 15, 2010
dreamara:

i believe he meant because its the number 1 country doesnt guarantee success 100%. no sane person will be happy when humans die
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by dreamara(f): 1:10am On Jan 15, 2010
ladej:

i believe he meant because its the number 1 country doesnt guarantee success 100%. no sane person will be happy when humans die
I hate it when people get delirious over their fellow humans demise.That is the main problem of Nigeria today; they hardly care about the fellow human beings. His comment was just downright awful please sad
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by ladej(m): 1:14am On Jan 15, 2010
i honestly believe nairaland is a good initiative, unfortunately it has denigrated to name calling, viciousness and petty and unnecessary insults. the ones in diaspora are as guilty as the ones who never left the country. this tool should be used for effective information sharing/healthy debating and we should learn from one another instead of raining insults when we disagree. i can disagree with anyone but i use maturity when disagreeing. infact on later reflection i might even agree with some of the views i disagreed on initially. lets learn from one another and love one another. its vital.God bless everyone.
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by macroworld: 1:15am On Jan 15, 2010
Bandit C, Thanks, even full American citizen's want some answers to establish their Country is not playing up. I personally think the best way to clear this whole air is for a thorough investigation which is independent of US and Nigeria. At the end of the day integrity must prevail.

The other aspect of this case that is of concern is:

1. If Haskell's claim of some smartly dressed guy helping the suspected bomber on the plane was wrong>
   a) Why has the smartly dressed guy not come forward and claim who he was and he is not an Agent?
   b) Why has the KLM/ Delta Staff an the final boarding gate not come forward and tell of his/her story?
   c) Why has Amsterdam/ Schipol not released the CCTV footage of Mr. Heskell's case that that mutallab was helped by a suspected agent?

2. Another passenger claimed someone was filming in the aircraft>
   a) Who was this person ?
   b) If this person was filming coincidentally, he would have come forward or sold his footage to the press for some serious money, nothing is forthcoming.
   c) Was the person filming had a crystal ball and knew something dramatic was going to happen on the flight ?

3. The other person that Haskell claimed was also arrested throws up some calls for concern.
    a) Who was this Indian guy whose bag was sniffed and arrested. As soon as he was sniffed, Haskell claimed they were told to immediately evacuate the area. This suggests bomb was found in his hand luggage, I would guess ?
     b) Why was his arrest not aired by the press but only Mutallab's?
     c) Haskell claimed FBI initially did not make a claim that a second person was arrested. Later on Haskell claimed FBI admitted ( after days) that someone else was arrested. Haskell now claimed that story have now changed and FBI is now claiming the person arrested was not travelling on that same plane?
     d) Could this be possible, when initially Haskell claimed all the passengers coming off the flight was separated for interrogation/ interviewing by FBI and this was when they suddenly brough sniffer dogs and this Indian man standing metres away from Haskell was sniffed and Interrogated and arrested?

4. One thinking is why would mutallab or those supposedly assisting him not want him to go through with his passport at Amsterdam. Could it be that they would send his name through on the manifest to US for pre-flight clearance and this would be matched with the Interest list by Homeland security ( which his name is on). I believe this is the usual practice ? Did US confirm that his name was sent through on the manifest before the flight took off.

There is so much silence over the nitty gritty of this case and this is meant to be a major issue. My argument is Nigerian government should be asking questions on this and other associated issues. Except if people just want to let things go, I do not think anyonehas got to the bottom of this.
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by No2Atheism(m): 1:20am On Jan 15, 2010
macroworld:

Bandit C, Thanks, even full American citizen's want some answers to establish their Country is not playing up. I personally think the best way to clear this whole air is for a thorough investigation which is independent of US and Nigeria. At the end of the day integrity must prevail.

The other aspect of this case that is of concern is:

1. If Haskell's claim of some smartly dressed guy helping the suspected bomber on the plane was wrong>
   a) Why has the smartly dressed guy not come forward and claim who he was and he is not an Agent?
   b) Why has the KLM/ Delta Staff an the final boarding gate not come forward and tell of his/her story?
   c) Why has Amsterdam/ Schipol not released the CCTV footage of Mr. Heskell's case that that mutallab was helped by a suspected agent?

2. Another passenger claimed someone was filming in the aircraft>
   a) Who was this person ?
   b) If this person was filming coincidentally, he would have come forward or sold his footage to the press for some serious money, nothing is forthcoming.
   c) Was the person filming had a crystal ball and knew something dramatic was going to happen on the flight ?

3. The other person that Haskell claimed was also arrested throws up some calls for concern.
    a) Who was this Indian guy whose bag was sniffed and arrested. As soon as he was sniffed, Haskell claimed they were told to immediately evacuate the area. This suggests bomb was found in his hand luggage, I would guess ?
     b) Why was his arrest not aired by the press but only Mutallab's?
     c) Haskell claimed FBI initially did not make a claim that a second person was arrested. Later on Haskell claimed FBI admitted ( after days) that someone else was arrested. Haskell now claimed that story have now changed and FBI is now claiming the person arrested was not travelling on that same plane?
     d) Could this be possible, when initially Haskell claimed all the passengers coming off the flight was separated for interrogation/ interviewing by FBI and this was when they suddenly brough sniffer dogs and this Indian man standing metres away from Haskell was sniffed and Interrogated and arrested?

4. One thinking is why would mutallab or those supposedly assisting him not want him to go through with his passport at Amsterdam. Could it be that they would send his name through on the manifest to US for pre-flight clearance and this would be matched with the Interest list by Homeland security ( which his name is on). I believe this is the usual practice ? Did US confirm that his name was sent through on the manifest before the flight took off.

There is so much silence over the nitty gritty of this case and this is meant to be a major issue. My argument is Nigerian government should be asking questions on this and other associated issues. Except if people just want to let things go, I do not think anyonehas got to the bottom of this.  

if the person is filming Farouk . . .then does that not bring up the possibility that the person knew before hand that the bomb would not work  . . . or does it make sense to film something knowing that you and the film might not even survive . . .
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by Nobody: 1:37am On Jan 15, 2010
to dreamara, yeah i sound like a black nazi nigerian. Where have you been all these years, seeing US carrying out airstrikes that wipe out innocent families at a go, huh? Where are your sympathies for those who have died because of unjust wars based on lies and boosting self ego. Where is your sympathy for children dying in iraq, and people who have no more hope in life just because of some evil wars, eh.

Sorry to shock you but a lot of my friends here are US soldiers and they are totally tired of these wars driven by pure nonsense patriotism and self importance. They wanna go home.

Soldiers returning in body bags is not what i derive joy in but bitter reality. If the tool, called Iyke keeps promoting US might on these boards, i 'll keep reminding him of it's painful consequences which is ''soldiers returning in body bags''. Sorry for the bitter truth. Wars and invading other peoples' Homelands would never make you safe rather keep hurting you.

Don't let your blatant likeness of US remove you from the reality that US went from a country the whole world rallied behind on 9.11. to a country terrorizing every single nation on earth.

You think i wish US harm? Wait till you get over to europe. I just tell it as it is, hate it or love it, your choice.
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by No2Atheism(m): 1:41am On Jan 15, 2010
Bandit C.:

to dreamara, yeah i sound like a black nazi nigerian. Where have you been all these years, seeing US carrying out airstrikes that wipe out innocent families at a go, huh? Where are your sympathies for those who have died because of unjust wars based on lies and boosting self ego. Where is your sympathy for children dying in iraq, and people who have no more hope in life just because of some evil wars, eh.

Sorry to shock you but a lot of my friends here are US soldiers and they are totally tired of these wars driven by pure nonsense patriotism and self importance. They wanna go home.

Soldiers returning in body bags is not what i derive joy in but bitter reality. If the tool, called Iyke keeps promoting US might on these boards, i 'll keep reminding him of it's painful consequences which is ''soldiers returning in body bags''. Sorry for the bitter truth. Wars and invading other peoples' Homelands would never make you safe rather keep hurting you.

Don't let your blatant likeness of US remove you from the reality that US went from a country the whole world rallied behind on 9.11. to a country terrorizing every single nation on earth.

You think i wish US harm? Wait till you get over to europe. I just tell it as it is, hate it or love it, your choice.

- The highlighted part is the whole basis of US military atttitude . . .

- War is money to them . .

- Life means nothing to them  . . .

- I suspect that they sometimes instigate wars simply to make money . . .
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by ladej(m): 1:56am On Jan 15, 2010
No2Atheism:

- Life means nothing to them . . .

- I suspect that they somethings instigate wars simply to make money . . .

interesting. it is accurate that war means money, directly or indirectly. arms and weapons need to be tested, and no amount of 'controlled' testing can replace the main thing. though life means nothing to them american life means something to them when 'another country' attempts to take their lives. they take it personal, but find nothing wrong in sending your americans to possible death in a senseless war. my gut feeling is they wont win this one, those guys there have all the time in the world to fight. the sooner they come home the better. one word is enough for the wise
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by NIGboi(m): 2:04am On Jan 15, 2010
No2Atheism:

- Life means nothing to them . . .

- I suspect that they somethings (sometimes) instigate wars simply to make money . . .

you got it right. At times, i feel the US military are trying to make more money for the government (individuals) and maybe expand the US 'territory'
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by No2Atheism(m): 2:08am On Jan 15, 2010
N.I.Gboi:

you got it right. At times, i feel the US military are trying to make more money for the government (individuals) and maybe expand the US 'territory'

thanks for correcting my grammatical blunder . . .
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by IykeD1(m): 2:13am On Jan 15, 2010

I already told you that i cannot take you seriously. Drones? Terrorists? Mutallabs? Your argument is too childish to me. T[b]he American Invincible Army is almost a myth as Superman and Santa Claus, used to decieve children like you[/b].

So strong a military that they are returning in body bags every month end and running away from Iraq with their tails in between their legs.

Oh, btw when are you joining the military oh patriotic one so that Talibans would use you as target practice, lol.

Delusional people much.

Who said anything about American army being invincible? I have stated specific military actions that the US is taking in places like Yemen
and Pakistan against the terrorists whom you seem to have some type of admiration for. My point is they will bring the heat wherever they
see a potentially risky situation or a country where there is a very shaky government.  

I can assure you, that your leaders will not move a finger if they bring forth a proposal to begin to target extremists in Nigeria with drones
because by then it will be clear to them that they can no longer control the situation. I know folks like you we make the usual gra gra, but
it won't change any thing. That is the real world.

I don't like wars, but I know its necessary sometimes.  By the way, for every US soldier that is returning in a body bag, you can rest assure
that the enemies body count is far greater. That is just what it is.

Oh, I will join the US military when you join the Nigerian Army. Not to worry, when that happens, I pray that they deploy me to Nigeria so
I can take you and your taliban loving friends out.  Now, that was a joke,  grin
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by NIGboi(m): 2:15am On Jan 15, 2010
No2Atheism:

thanks for correcting my grammatical blunder . . .
your welcome. guess its a typographical error grin

why do u think that the US has never really been able to ensure peace wherever its troops are sent?
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by bettes(f): 2:17am On Jan 15, 2010
@Bandit C:What i meant was that since a lot of nigerians are based in the US,then they are also at risk of being victims of terrorism,
I am not a big fan of the US but truth has to be said when necessary,dont forget when the trade centre was attacked they shows clips of nigerians celebrating in the north on CNN,the high incidence of kidnapping in the  niger-delta and then the recent Boko Haram activities,so do you blame then for putting Nigeria on the watchlist( i'm not saying it's right though)  this attempted bombing was just a tip of the iceberg.

What in the world happened to the 7 day ultimatum we gave them to remove us from the list?abi the time neva reach?They know are leaders are corrupt and could be sold for a morsel of bread.
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by NIGboi(m): 2:20am On Jan 15, 2010
Iyke-D:

Who said anything about American army being invincible? I have stated specific military actions that the US is taking in places like Yemen
and Pakistan against the terrorists whom you seem to have some type of admiration for. My point is they will bring the heat wherever they
see a potentially risky situation or a country where there is a very shaky government.  

I can assure you, that your leaders will not move a finger if they bring forth a proposal to begin to target extremists in Nigeria with drones
because by then it will be clear to them that they can no longer control the situation. I know folks like you we make the usual gra gra, but
it won't change any thing. That is the real world.

I don't like wars, but I know its necessary sometimes.  By the way, for every US soldier that is returning in a body bag, you can rest assure

Oh, I will join the US military when you join the Nigerian Army. Not to worry, when that happens, I pray that they deploy me to Nigeria so
I can take you and your taliban loving friends out.  Now, that was a joke,  grin

i take it that u don't give a hoot about Nigeria, so why the obsession?
for the bolded part, u think that is good enough reason for more american soldiers  to keep returning in body bags?
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by macroworld: 2:27am On Jan 15, 2010
The name of the passenger on the flight who was sitting well behind Mutallab is Rachelle Keepman. Between her and Mutallab was this cameraman. She noticed the guy filming. Please find below one of the links to the many writings on the issue. Please note that as of that time of writing this cameraman ! has not come forward, but hang on a minute, I thought FBI questioned and interrogated everyone in the luggage area, did they not get his details then ?

http://www.prisonplanet.com/man-videotaped-underwear-bomber-on-flight-253.html

Please note that Rachelle claimed that this guy was "calm" when recording.  calm under a likely terrorist attack condition ?
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by ladej(m): 2:28am On Jan 15, 2010
Iyke-D:

trust me the families of the US soldiers and British forces are not seeing it that way. not one bit. war is necessary when there is a justifiable reason to attack, but when it was based on and admitted lie by Bush and Blair[weapons of mass destruction] then its a joke. one wonders why those guys are still living scot free with no repercussions whatsoever. imagine if an African president did that, ? this life sha. double standards galore. im sitting in the best seat of the house and adopting a siddon look approach. so pathetic
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by Nobody: 2:31am On Jan 15, 2010
I detest terrorism with the life in me but what you and your american cronies call terrorists, are freedom fighters to millions that are defending their country from occupation. US does not define what terrorism is. Anyone who detests US, automatically is called a terrorist, huh?

Haha!! You are happy that for every soldier killed, many more talibans are killed? Eh, let me tell you a little secret and do not tell anybody else: ''The enemy the US is facing is not afraid to die, the US soldiers are scared silly of death''.

You derive from that, whose victory is bigger. Lol.

@ Macroworld, i 100 percent understand where you are going with this. People simply do not trust the US intelligence officials for the life in them. Remember these are the crooks that will dethrone and overthrow a legitimately elected government and install dictatorship (Iran), who have been trying for decades to remove Fidel Castro or who helped to start a war in Panama simply because the leader does not like US.

Those crooks are capable of anything.
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by IykeD1(m): 2:37am On Jan 15, 2010

We are talking about "US Air Marshals on Flights", not re-hashing the Iraq war or other US military adventures.  Lets be honest, by and large Nigeria has enjoyed a good diplomatic relationship with the US (I missed the part where US was terrorizing Nigeria according to you).  However, there was this Mutallab guy that went through MMA and all of a sudden the US realized that it really needs to re-assess things in Nigeria.  In all this, you blamed Ghana, then US, but not once did you blame Nigeria. A country that can not even treat its own president, how serious do you
want countries like the US to take them?
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by ladej(m): 2:45am On Jan 15, 2010
Iyke-D:

We are talking about "US Air Marshals on Flights", not re-hashing the Iraq war or other US military adventures.    However, there was this Mutallab guy that went through MMA and all of a sudden the US realized that it really needs to re-assess things in Nigeria.  
my brother, what is wrong is wrong. Nigeria is a sovereign state and although huge cracks are evident in the socio-political system amongst other things, IT IS STILL A SOVEREIGN STATE. it is pertinent to note here that according to the US authorities the flight was from amsterdam NOT lagos and that is a fact. 2 flights were taken, one from lagos to schiphol, the other from schiphol to detroit. my point is there was nothing a US marshal could have done in the flight from lagos to amsterdam anyway[as the plan was to detonate the bomb on the final descent. why not install US marshalls on ALL direct flights to the US, if they are serious about the threat. only ARIK air currently fly directly to the US from naija, all other flights are connecting flights. what is wrong is wrong, even if it seems right.
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by NIGboi(m): 2:48am On Jan 15, 2010
ladej:

my brother, what is wrong is wrong. Nigeria is a sovereign state and although huge cracks are evident in the socio-political system amongst other things, IT IS STILL A SOVEREIGN STATE. it is pertinent to note here that according to the US authorities the flight was from amsterdam NOT lagos and that is a fact. 2 flights were taken, one from lagos to schiphol, the other from schiphol to detroit. my point is there was nothing a US marshal could have done in the flight from lagos to amsterdam anyway[as the plan was to detonate the bomb on the final descent. why not install US marshalls on ALL direct flights to the US, if they are serious about the threat. only ARIK air currently fly directly to the US from naija, all other flights are connecting flights. what is wrong is wrong, even if it seems right.

well spoken!
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by IykeD1(m): 2:54am On Jan 15, 2010
@ C-Bandit

I detest terrorism with the life in me but what you and your american cronies call terrorists, are freedom fighters to millions that are defending their country from occupation. US does not define what terrorism is. Anyone who detests US, automatically is called a terrorist, huh?

Haha!! You are happy that for every soldier killed, many more talibans are killed? Eh, let me tell you a little secret and do not tell anybody else: ''The enemy the US is facing is not afraid to die, the US soldiers are scared silly of death''.

You derive from that, whose victory is bigger. Lol.

There you go again. Please go back to the origin of the diary. You are the one that has been hopping all over the place, first with mention of
an Invisible American Army, something I did not say.  Next, you proceeded with Iraq and how US soldiers are either hiding behind their tails or returning in body bags. Now, you see the trash you just wrote above?  Yes, I know, the US is the enemy. Every bad thing that is wrong on
earth is the US fault.

Oh, as per your little secret, you take yourself too serious, you think that is news?  In spite for their love for death, any wonders why all of
them have not blown themselves up? How many children does Bin Laden have? How many has he sacrificed? How about the rest of them in
their chain of command? Why are they so hesitant to visit heaven? Please! Bottom line is that they prey on suckers and the weak minded.
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by IykeD1(m): 3:06am On Jan 15, 2010

I see your point, but I believe there are more direct flights from Nigeria other than Arik. I know Delta and Virgina Nigeria (I think they have a new
name now) flies direct.

I could be wrong, but I believe the issue with Amsterdam was because since the flight originated from Lagos, he was already in a protected zone
so to speak and wasn't subjected to more thorough screening as if he was entering the airport a new - like I said, I could be wrong. Lastly, people
maybe looking at this US marshal thing too narrowly, its another layer of defense or deterrence. It could simply be to discourage them from using
Lagos as a launching pad since the knowledge is out there that marshals are on the flight.
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by ladej(m): 3:25am On Jan 15, 2010
Iyke-D:

I see your point, but I believe there are more direct flights from Nigeria other than Arik. I know Delta and Virgina Nigeria (I think they have a new
name now) flies direct.

I could be wrong, but I believe the issue with Amsterdam was because since the flight originated from Lagos, he was already in a protected zone
so to speak and wasn't subjected to more thorough screening as if he was entering the airport a new - like I said, I could be wrong. Lastly, people
maybe looking at this US marshal thing too narrowly, its another layer of defense or deterrence. It could simply be to discourage them from using
Lagos as a launching pad since the knowledge is out there that marshals are on the flight.
you are right, north american airlines flight direct from lagos to the US, arik is the only indigenous airline that flies direct. your point that he wasnt subjected to extra screening is a notable one, its a known fact that security in connecting flights is not as stringent as the location of departure. having said that he still wont have been detected except by the body scanners [which amsterdam aint using at the moment]. in a related thread i spoke about the 3 things the US and the concerned countries need to remove this scourge from our psyche and lives.

1. information sharing [like the one his father provided]. US need to get better with this. it is key. if the info was shared he would have been arrested at lagos, or detained for questioning at schipol. if you stop them from boarding the plane u may not need air marshals that much.

2. communication. for crying out loud there are WAY too many agencies in the US. 17 i believe, now here's the trip, they are so stuck up and conceited they would rather keep information than 'communicate it to a rival agency and they take the credit'.

3. profile on behaviour and not nationality, religion,ethnicity. remember when middle eastern people were seriously profiled after 9/11. now its nigerians, tomorrow it may be a german. my point is profile on behaviours and the US should HIRE immigration officers with a degree as a minimum. intelligent well paid people who have undergone intensive training on behavioural patterns. its a system than has worked in Israel by a famous airline there where all passengers are interviewed before boarding by professionals. it has worked to a great effect. an example of profiling on behaviour is this;

mutallab was flying to the US for a 2 week holiday and checked no bags in[only a small bag], paid in cash, and was reported by his dad. a well trained professional will connect the dots if the information is shared. hope this sheds a different perspective. im here to learn and respect everyone's views, even if i dont necessarily agree with them
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by IykeD1(m): 4:15am On Jan 15, 2010

1. information sharing [like the one his father provided]. US need to get better with this. it is key. if the info was shared he would have been arrested at lagos, or detained for questioning at schipol. if you stop them from boarding the plane u may not need air marshals that much.

2. communication. for crying out loud there are WAY too many agencies in the US. 17 i believe, now here's the trip, they are so stuck up and conceited they would rather keep information than 'communicate it to a rival agency and they take the credit'.

3. profile on behaviour and not nationality, religion,ethnicity. remember when middle eastern people were seriously profiled after 9/11. now its nigerians, tomorrow it may be a german. my point is profile on behaviours and the US should HIRE immigration officers with a degree as a minimum. intelligent well paid people who have undergone intensive training on behavioural patterns. its a system than has worked in Israel by a famous airline there where all passengers are interviewed before boarding by professionals. it has worked to a great effect. an example of profiling on behaviour is this;

mutallab was flying to the US for a 2 week holiday and checked no bags in[only a small bag], paid in cash, and was reported by his dad. a well trained professional will connect the dots if the information is shared. hope this sheds a different perspective. im here to learn and respect everyone's views, even if i dont necessarily agree with them

On #1, you are right in this particular case, but then keep in mind that Mutallab is just one of potential many out there.

On #2, you may also be right, and I think they may be tweaking things to cover that gap. However, I am certain there
are dozens or hundreds of potential threats that were broken up that you and I may not have heard off.

On #3, I suspect they will use some more of everything. But its important to keep in mind that Israel is just the size of
New Jersey alone. The sheer amount of intelligence be gathered daily on potential threats can only be imagined.
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by victichy: 5:47am On Jan 15, 2010
how Bad is it that Nigeria of all country should be put in the watchlist. it would be really bad for those abroad.
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by Beaf: 6:16am On Jan 15, 2010
onwan: Now ya'll see what Ive been trying to say about the US and their scheme to get into Nigeria. Its been a setup from day 1.

My recommendation;

1. That Aviation guy that signed that agreement should be sacked immediately.
2. US Bound flights should compulsorily be transit via another country - No more directs for now.
3. Yaradua should come back and re-iterate his alliance and support for other African nations like Libya, etc
4, Nigeria should openly declare a stand against terrorism AND dissociation from the US in terms of their "war on terror" - This is what the UK is doing by the "probe" into the Iraq war - that will make the extremists not associate them with the oppression the US is carrying out everywhere under the tag; "war on terror"

If you follow the news carefully, you will find out that there is NO ONE DAY that the US forces in Pakistan or Afghan do not kill at least 8 women and children - they refuse to comment on it or even apologize.

Also, there were 5 US Citizens arrested in the Middle east for terrorism (they were actually the ones organizing the "suicide" bombings) - for some days now, the news quietly vanished - BUT we saw a continuous pictures and videos of the guys on TV.

There is no "terrorists", its the US on both ends - believe me people, they are the world's enemy and are trying to rule the world.

Americans need to understand that this is not OBJ, this is not a puppet or a petty person in charge.

[size=14pt]I will NEVER have anything against ANY real terror attack against the US, NEVER![/size]

You are declaring that you actually support terrorism? shocked shocked shocked

No wonder you sound like a terrorist. That is why you are scared shitless of the US.
Stop making weird and foolish defences of the d'ickless terrorist, Mutallab.

It is the same Northern cabals that have wanted to play Africom against their fellow Nigerians, but as they say, "God fends the flies of the tailless cow". Africom is now more interested in Boko Haram's and Kala Kato's like you.

I am not for US marshals being on Nigerian flights, but if you present yourself as a fool to your neighbours, they will treat you as a fool.
I hope the country splits, so we don't have to deal with people who think that what occurs in the Middle East is Nigeria's problem. It isn't.
Northern cabals are the cause of all Nigeria's problems, why don't you blame them for presenting a daft image of Nigeria to the World, instead of blaming the US for dealing with the daft image it was presented with?
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by Beaf: 6:31am On Jan 15, 2010
No2Atheism:

- Life means nothing to them  . . .

- I suspect that they sometimes instigate wars simply to make money . . .

Even if all of the above is true, who are those that fall victim? Would it be properly governed countries or the sort whose president has been missing for 53 days?
I posted a link here about Africom which contained the deliberate massacre in the Niger Delta of innocent people at a festival by helicopter gunship. I will remind you that those folk were your fellow Nigerians mowed down by their own military. These things don't bother you, but you concern yourself with crap conspiracy theories about the Middle East.
My friend, charity begins at home, you need to set your home in order before venturing into international affairs. Failure to do so at best, it displays a warped way of thinking that will always be soundly defeated by your so called "enemies".

If Nigeria is presented to the World in fools garb, we will be treated like fools. Period.
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by Jakumo(m): 6:54am On Jan 15, 2010
It is truly fascinating to hear the rapidly multiplying conspiracy theories being bandied about by Nigerians who refuse to accept that a sick, homicidal individual from their country tried to commit mass murder aboard an aircraft.

Some speak of a "smartly dressed " man who they imagine was some sort of assistant to the Nigerian cock bomber, while others talk of a camera crew sitting a few rows back from the bomber, tasked with documenting their own fiery death in the ensuing explosion.  Perhaps the next theory will suggest that the bomber was in fact President Obama's illegitimate half-brother who was posing as a Nigerian in order to conceal his true identity, and had opted for suicide out of a pathological jealousy over his own failure to get elected as mayor in some obscure Louisiana swamp town.

Keep 'em coming, you aspiring fiction writers, for the stories are as entertaining as they are ridiculous.  Sadly for most of you though, there WILL be armed marshalls on ALL flights connecting to the United States, ready to shoot the phuck out of anyone who tries some chit.   Live with it ha ha ha ha, and remember that you don't have a thing to worry about with all that firepower aboard, UNLESS you are all about the virgins, in which case you are royally phucked, henceforth.
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by Anabel(f): 7:09am On Jan 15, 2010
this is all bull shit
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by dreamara(f): 9:00am On Jan 15, 2010
Bandit C.:

I don't just "like" the US;I am an American citizen by birth,born and bred in California until I turned eleven and came back to Naija.So don't think I'm just some immigrant who is overwhelmed by the whole Americana wonder okay?U simply don't understand the point here;I am not supporting any party,Nigerian or American,I'm just saying it's so not cool to rejoice when people are dying.Yeah I agree Iraqi children are dying but seriously that's what you pay when ur country is ridden with terrorism and u do nothing to staunch it. If Iraqi children are dying then what about Gaza kids who perish because two nations were at loggerheads with them(Gaza)right in the middle?If you have "friends"who are US soldiers,I have an uncle who is a marine too and his story of the war when he went to Iraq 2003 wasn't a pleasant one too,so don't think this whole thing isn't personal to me.You're so far away in Germany(another man's country)and u say whatever u want because u have the privilege;why don't you come back here and be patriotic for Nigeria if u really care that much.You shouldn't just "talk" crap about a country just to sound patriotic for another while u really know u don't give a damn about Nigeria.Seriously.
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by Tcrack(m): 10:15am On Jan 15, 2010
the oil in Iraq is no longer enough.now they want ours.
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by oge4real(f): 11:09am On Jan 15, 2010
This is moving towards colonizing Nigeria and we are soooo willing to let it happen. Cant wait for next year so that we can at least have a president that has a voice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

You Must Leave In 2023, PDP Replies APC Over Boasts Of Extra 26 Years Rule / Abba Kyari Building Multi-million Naira Mansion In Borno, Offered Neighbour N70m / Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.