Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,105 members, 7,814,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights (7329 Views)

US To Allow Armed Drone Exports / Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? / FRSC Sacks 100 Marshals For Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by IykeD1(m): 1:13pm On Jan 15, 2010

the oil in Iraq is no longer enough.now they want ours.

Of course - say anything to avoid discussing the real issue which is Nigeria's security situation especially
at the airport. And you guys wonder why no one outside take Nigeria seriously?
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by montelik(m): 4:13pm On Jan 15, 2010
I can see the discussion has since gone from the main issue to issues like the Iraq war, Afghanistan, CIA plots. I can also see that some see this as nothing but the U.S imperialistic instincts and attempts to colonize Nigeria. That may be their ultimate goal, I can't say. What I know is that the U.S did not force the federal government to accept U.S marshals on flights. Our government could have said no, just like they did to AFRICOM. As far we know the U.S didn't force us to accept this, so how they are forcefully threatening our sovereignty I don't understand. Clearly our government couldn't provide the necessary security assurances and as result accepted these conditions. If people don't like it, tell the government to say no, don't waste your time hating on the U.S. The U.S may have proposed the idea, but it wouldn't be possible without the acceptance of our government.
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by Kobojunkie: 4:27pm On Jan 15, 2010
montelik:

b] Our government could have said no, just like they did to AFRICOM.[/b] As far we know the U.S didn't force us to accept this, so how they are forcefully threatening our sovereignty I don't understand. Clearly our government couldn't provide the necessary security assurances and as result accepted these conditions. If people don't like it, tell the government to say no, don't waste your time hating on the U.S. The U.S may have proposed the idea, but it wouldn't be possible without the acceptance of our government.

o she ooo!!!!
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by tboywits: 6:40pm On Jan 15, 2010
we might never have NIGERIA again ,
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by mikeoscar: 9:56pm On Jan 15, 2010
who the fc-uk gave this directive?

can't they do the training on ground and on simulated flights?
why the fc-uk should there e US operatives manning nigerian flights?
abi is goodluck smoking cheap crack?

Leave the Man alone, OR are you the last person to observe that Goodluck does not call the shots at this time. Like they say in old English "His hands are tied".

Incase you are wondering who then, I will speculate Turai, PDP, AGF Oandokaa(?), Dora "The Explorer"Akunyuli, The President's sons' inlaw etc, cheesy cheesy,
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by blackcypha(m): 3:59pm On Jan 16, 2010
h202 u said it right they must be US trained,
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by deluxecad(m): 4:37pm On Jan 16, 2010
@POST: To me, that is neo-colonialism. We can do it ourselves, they failed too in the whole security and systemic lapse or I should laxity.
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by adeniyi334: 1:34pm On Jan 18, 2010
Well, if 4 security, no qualms.
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by mendax: 2:51pm On Jan 19, 2010
cry
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by soreola(f): 3:17pm On Jan 26, 2010
I think this is really useless, and I certainly won't be surprised it Americans eventually take ove Nigeria as a project to improve the nation just like they did to Afhganistan. As someone said earlier the "Nigerian" bomber is not truly Nigerian because he was not raised in Nigeria and doesn't not have the mentality of a nigerian. I mean what type of Nigerian would want to die, I think the extra screen is enough, We don't need air marshals to watch out back and especially an American one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bode George: Tinubu Is From Osun Not Lagos State / INEC Discovers Names Of 1,224 Dead Persons On Voter Register In Adamawa / Oba Anambra State Obi Cubana's Town (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.