Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights (7330 Views)

US To Allow Armed Drone Exports / Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? / FRSC Sacks 100 Marshals For Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by otawa: 8:45pm On Jan 14, 2010
NIGERIA NEEDS TO BE TAKEN OVER!!!!!

The last time, they took over NIGERIA we still to get out of the problem!
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by Onwan: 8:46pm On Jan 14, 2010
nigeria can never and will never be taken over. just watch
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by Okijajuju1(m): 8:50pm On Jan 14, 2010
This move just officially made Nigeria one of the United States numerous bitches. grin

Next thing is we would have U.S marshalls searching luggages and travellers at MMA grin
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 14, 2010
Sorry but i made a new account just to chime in here.

The comments that some of you people are making are downright disgraceful.
How can anyone here who calls himself Nigerian or African for that matter and support US Air Marshalls on our flights?

US law and uniformed men are known to be some of the most violent in the world who shoot first and ask questions later.
Have any of you stopped to ponder, how many innocents would be taken down in the slightest suspicion under the guise of protecting US American citizens?

US have no right, and i repeat absolutely no right to send it's professional assassins to our flights. Their jurisdiction ends in the US.

Incase any of you have forgotten, Nigeria is a sovereign state and should under no circumstance be treated as a colony anymore.
Why do you think arabs from all corners of the world are picking up arms to go and fight them in Afghanistan? No one likes their occupation and domination.

I blame the bastards in Abuja, who have sold us out and made us the laughing stock of the world.

Our country was added to terror list and we are congratulating them by allowing their Assassin Scums called Air Marshalls on our flights. It's the innocent that will bear this brunt not the politician.

And what about Ghana, Yemen and England? Why are they not on the list? US is looking to bring down Nigeria politically and economically so that they can keep milking our resources to sustain themselves.

God, i miss the Military regimes in Nigeria, when leaders had guts.

NB: To any US criminal CIA and spy monitoring our posts here at Nairaland, screw you and may woe betide you.

Nigeria will survive, haters.
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by MrCrackles(m): 8:59pm On Jan 14, 2010
otawa:

The last time, they took over NIGERIA we still to get out of the problem!
This time around it will be a different ball game. . .
Nigerians will beg not to be handed over!!!!! grin
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by Onwan: 9:00pm On Jan 14, 2010
@Bandit C.

Thank you very much

I am with you 1000%
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by Onwan: 9:02pm On Jan 14, 2010
I really wish hell for the person that agreed and sign the deal. That person deserves to be beheaded
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by bettes(f): 9:08pm On Jan 14, 2010
MrCrackles:

This time around it will be a different ball game. . .
Nigerians will beg not to be handed over!!!!! grin
True grin
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by macroworld: 9:11pm On Jan 14, 2010
I think we need to be very careful here and I am sure we are, by reading some of the intelligent postings on this topic.  There is a need to get to the bottom of the Mutallab's bombing case to establish that the US is not involved in either setting him up etc. There are quite a lot of unanswered questions around the whole incidents that calls for questioning. Nigeria for some reasons seems to be going along with the US "plan" in my opinion. If I was investigating this whole case, I would investigate US as much as I investigate the bomber Mutallab. Only God knows what happened but there are enough reasons to develop some lines of enquiries just to ensure that US was not involved. Some of the points are>

1. The two weeks he spent in Ghana, doing what ? The backdrop to this is the military link between Ghana and US. Also he bought his ticket in dollars in Ghana. It was claimed he left Yemen on the 7th Dec, arrived Ghana on the 9th December and then left Ghana for Lagos on the 24th December. Except if other intelligence emerge as per international movement, that means he was in Ghana between the 9th and 24th December ( Around 2 weeks). We have not heard much about his movement in, inland and out of the Country. Don't tell me Ghana airport or whereever he stayed does not have witnesses or CCTV ? Intelligence since to be quite around that part of his Journey. This is two weeks before a terrorist struck. This should be the most important part of his movement that should be combed. One could even follow a line of enquiry if he prepared for his disgraceful act there.

2. Kurt Haskell a Lawyer claimed that a smartly dressed Indian man requested to assist Mutallab unto the flight at Amsterdam. He was of the opinion that the smartly dressed man might be an agent. Kurt Haskell if you google him was a passenger on the flight from Amsterdam with Abdul Mutallab without a passport claiming he is from Sudan While some critics have claimed maybe he say another person, he claimed it was the Mutallab and has challenged the Amsterdam airport to release the CCTV coverage of the boarding lounge where he saw Mutallab and this smartly dressed Indian Guy. I do not think they have released the footage. Even if this case is not established, so some smartly dressed people can get people unto a plane without a passport !

3. This same Haskell guy claimed that another Indian man who was on the flight was also arrested after his bag was sniffed by sniffer dogs. He witnessed this when they were at the baggage area. The kept them specially there to be questioned. Haskell noticed that the Indian guy was arrested and taking away.I would imagine because a bomb was on him. We have heard nothing about the arrest as much as the Nigerian bomber. Haskell claimed that the second arrest was initially denied.

My point is no one seems to be questioning some of these concerns and satisfy that US is not playing up.

This coupled with the recent 5 American citizens arrested in Pakistan recently makes you to wonder if US should not be on a list of interest of some sort. Also if it is established that there is a US involvement in the Mutallab's case then that should be concerning for the world at large.

There should be some concern if this is not part of a dirty agenda against Nigeria.

My other concern is why Nigeria is not investigating some of these areas of concerns. Something is not quite right ?

Please also note that Mutallabs Visa finished in Yemen in September, he did not leave the country until the December. Yemen authorithy would have interogated him etc, they take such seriously. This also did not happen. Seems like there is a big power behind his movements internationally ? What happened when he left Yemen on the 7th of December and the 9th that he showed up in Ghana ? Limited/ sketchy information as well. God help Nigeria !
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by chelseabmw(m): 9:15pm On Jan 14, 2010
i dey see danger, wahala dey
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by Onwan: 9:20pm On Jan 14, 2010
My friend there is no danger, just watch.

This is Nigeria (with a capital N)
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by IykeD1(m): 9:21pm On Jan 14, 2010

muahhahahahahahahahaa. Nigerians, say hi to your new masters. lol. hahahahahahha. the plan is coming into place. wasnt the first place the crotch bomber go to Ghana? Why arent they sending Marshals there? The United States is smart as hell, call as much attention to Nigeria's defenses as possible and all the Al Qaeda leadership is going to be having wet dreams about is how to 'break it'.  They will try and try to hit Nigeria just to show that the U.S security measures are seen as a failure. [/b]Then guess what? The U.S  views Nigeria as a security risk, moves its military in to protect the country, then 'voila', [b]Nigeria becomes a U.S protectorate or another Afghanistan or Iraq. Or maybe Somalia or Yemen. Oh boy, here goes the country called Nigeria.lol

There is no such thing as 100% security, and while Reid and Muttalab came very close, no one can deny that since 2001, no US jetliner have either being hijacked or blown up. That to me is evidence that the US government is doing something right.
The air marshal program was suspended pre-911, but was re-activated afterwards. In addition, after 911, the US ordered all cockpits locked, so the best the terrorist could hope for is to sneak some explosives into the plane.

But thanks to the slowpoke called Muttallab, newer security measures are being put in place. Fact is, Al Qaeda is constantly on the run and are being hit harder and faster than any successes they may have had against US targets in lmost 9 years. When was the last time Bin Laden and his number 2 made a video tape? Why? Because its getting very dangerous for them to do so.

Now, I do feel comfortable flying from Nigeria to the US knowing that air marshals are on board. I believe this may be part of the deal to getting Nigeria off the list eventually. Some people always wants to compare the way US reacted to the UK vs Nigeria, but lets be very honest, can we compare airport security in Nigeria to that of the UK?  This is just the reality.

Lastly, Nigeria made a big mistake by not accepting Africom. If we had smart and strategic leaders, they would have accepted it, but extract enough goodies for the country in the process.  Doesn't Saudi Arabia hold one of the US biggest bases, that same Saudi where the Nigeria leader has been living for almost 2 months? Are we any stronger or better than the Saudis? To the one shouting about CIA being in Ghana, they are in Nigeria too, but because of the foolishness of our leaders, Ghana will get something for it while they will be in Nigeria for free. Nigeria is a sorry country.
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jan 14, 2010
@ Macroworld, you have shed a whole new light on this mess. God bless you.

1) CIA office is in Accra, Ghana.

2) Mutallab was in Ghana for 2 weeks, but apparently, that part of the story has vanished on major news networks and the important thing is that he was briefly at MMA, Lagos for 40 minutes.

3) Why was his fathers' concern not passed on?

4) Mutallab was helped by someone, to travel to the US without VISA. Since when can someone travel to US by just saying ''abeg im no get visa because im come from Sudan''?

5) Airlines don't sell one way tickets if you are not holding the passport of country of destination.

Connect the dots people. Someone needed to emphasis on the justification of war on terror and Nigeria is the perfect scapegoat.

While Mutallab seemed to like Islam, the guy did not look like a fanatic to me because he simply did not show any signs of fanatism.

America will lose and Nigeria will survive.
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by johnson11(m): 10:08pm On Jan 14, 2010
Despite, i have been an Pro American right from day one, i am beginning  to get angry with Usa for what they are doing to us, i have been to Europe and some African countries and i have come to conclusion we have lost our pride and dignity, come to Benin republic a country not even big as Ogun state and see how they maltreat Nigerian all because we have no leaders,i am not an Obasanjo fan but i know he will not have bend so much for Usa like  Mr no president is doing, Usa is taking advantage of our weak president.
How can we be in the list in the first instance,Obama should have listed Kenya in that list if he think he want to be far to us
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by rasputinn(m): 10:34pm On Jan 14, 2010
Does that mean they're taking Nigeria off that list or till we allow them access into our wive's bathrooms
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by IykeD1(m): 10:35pm On Jan 14, 2010

@ Macroworld, you have shed a whole new light on this mess. God bless you.

1) CIA office is in Accra, Ghana.

2) Mutallab was in Ghana for 2 weeks, but apparently, that part of the story has vanished on major news networks and the important thing is that he was briefly at MMA, Lagos for 40 minutes.

3) Why was his fathers' concern not passed on?

4) Mutallab was helped by someone, to travel to the US without VISA. Since when can someone travel to US by just saying ''abeg im no get visa because im come from Sudan''?

5) Airlines don't sell one way tickets if you are not holding the passport of country of destination.

Connect the dots people. Someone needed to emphasis on the justification of war on terror and Nigeria is the perfect scapegoat.

While Mutallab seemed to like Islam, the guy did not look like a fanatic to me because he simply did not show any signs of fanatism.

America will lose and Nigeria will survive.

You seem to be mis-informed.  Think about it for a second, you are blaming US when in fact you should  be blaming Nigeria for
letting one of its citizens go through its airport with the intent of blowing up a plane to cause mass casualty in another country? Where is your outrage?  What has Ghana got to do with this when in fact the guy went through MMA? You see a pattern here, you blame US, and then Ghana, but Nigeria?
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by dreamara(f): 10:44pm On Jan 14, 2010
Naija is so bleeped up now, I just can't wait to graduate so I can get out and bid this hellhole the goodbye it deserves.
, And all the Nigerian patriots can rise up now and insult me all they want grin grin grin kiss
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by IykeD1(m): 10:45pm On Jan 14, 2010

Does that mean they're taking Nigeria off that list or till we allow them access into our wive's bathrooms

They don't care about the wives' bedrooms, [b]as long [/b]as they are not being used plan any terrorist activities
against the US. I am sure most of you will be singing a different tune if in fact you were on Mutallab's plane that
was bound for Detroit.
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 14, 2010
To mr. Iyke D or whatever you call yourself. You called me misinformed but turned around to sound like the most ignorant thing i 've ever heard. You are a tool period. I guess you are bending over and taking it from americans over there. Where is my outrage you ask? You got to be kiddin' me right? Nigeria has got abslolutely jack and nadda to do with what mutallab did. He just happened to be one.

For God's sake, he was at MMA for 40 minutes. You don't plan terrorism under 40 mins at an Airport. You plan it over a period of time and that is where Ghana and Yemen come it place.

So countries should be held responsible now for people transiting through their borders? Nigeria has zero to do with this. Any credible investigation starts with the suspects last place of abode not where he flew through. I guess you also believe Ghana has no airports from which suspected terrorists could take off from.

I 'll repeat myself. You are a tool. Do not spout nonsense if you don't know how things work.

Your name is Iyke and you are sounding like a true sell off. Where is your pride and sense of freedom. Staying in US is all you are interested in. Shame.
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by DOAweb(m): 11:10pm On Jan 14, 2010
SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! 2 the lack of stance by the so-called leaders.

This really means that the US now considers naija a failed state!
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by xterra2(m): 11:17pm On Jan 14, 2010
This really is a big shame,so now US thinks they can remote control us and the rest of thw world infact.
And our stupid government allowed that to happen,they should have trained Nigerians looking for jobs desperately to do the Air Marshall rubbish.
Incase US dont know what make people wanting to bomb US is because of their useless foreign policy,
And the annoying part is that  the Deputy secretary of homeland security of US described Nigeria as US "oldest and best friend" imagine!!!
When they are trying to destablise Nigeria by taking undue advantage of our Monsters called leaders,
Anyway,i hope if Yaradua comes back,he will reverse it and also order th arrest of the CIA,idiots who left US to come and investigate Abdulmutallabs father

Nigeria Good People Great Nation
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by IykeD1(m): 11:26pm On Jan 14, 2010

To mr. Iyke D or whatever you call yourself. You called me misinformed but turned around to sound like the most ignorant thing i 've ever heard. You are a tool period. I guess you are bending over and taking it from americans over there. Where is my outrage you ask? You got to be kiddin' me right? Nigeria has got ablsiolutely jack and nadda to do with what mutallab did. He just happened to be one.

For God's sake, he was at MMA for 40 minutes. You don't plan terrorism under 40 mins at an Airport. You plan it over a period of time and that is where Ghana and Yemen come it place.

So countries should be held responsible now for people transiting through their borders? Nigeria has zero to do with this. Any credible investigation starts with the suspects last place of abode not where he flew through. I guess you also believe Ghana has no airports from which suspected terrorists could take off from.

I 'll repeat myself. You are a tool. Do not spout nonsense if you don't know how things work.

Your name is Iyke and you are sounding like a true sell off. Where is your pride and sense of freedom. Staying in US is all you are interested in. Shame.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I am glad to bend over and take it after all I swore an oath to defend the constitution of the United States.  Dual nationalities can be conflicting at times, but in Nigeria's case, there is no contest - US wins hands down smiley.

You know, unless he was the very last person to board the plane, I don't see how in the world he could have spent just 40 minutes to check in, go through security, and then still able to make an international flight.  If that indeed happen, do you still
wonder why Nigeria was thrown on to the "country of special interest" list?

You are the one who have no idea what you are talking about or understands how the bigger world works.  You mention Yemen, do you know how many targets US and the Yemenese government have struck since this event?  You are complaining about Nigeria being on the "country of interest" list, wait till drones start to hit targets in Nigeria and I will see what you have to say.  Do you think if the Mutallabs in Nigeria were left untouched they won't turn against the country someday?

You think you know better and the US don't have better things to do with their resources than trying to man every flight that is
inbound from Nigeria? Keep living in denial.
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by bettes(f): 11:30pm On Jan 14, 2010
Iyke-D:

They don't care about the wives' bedrooms, [b]as long [/b]as they are not being used plan any terrorist activities
against the US. I am sure most of you will be singing a different tune if in fact you were on Mutallab's plane that
was bound for Detroit.

Trust nigerians to be patroitic when it is convenient ,they have forgotten that a lot of nigerians are based in the US.
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jan 14, 2010
Then, thanks for confirming my fears. Look at your ridiculous response ''i am glad to bend over and take it'' Sorry your type is irrelevant to this matter. Why don't you change your name to sean or something similarly silly like that, since you think Nigeria is none of your business. May woe betide your America and may it continue to keep suffering under fear, anxiety and economic downturns.

US drones will not enter Nigeria if that is your wish because that is an act of war and the Nigerian military would rather do a coup (which i 'll support) and fight off the invaders than sit and watch because no country does that.

Why are you on Nairaland anyway. Oh and about the citizenship, i got dual citizenship too but i stay loyal to my root because i actually have intellects unlike you and know evil when i see one, which is US.

You are tool.

America will lose (for sure) and Naija will survive.

NB: To bettes, what has Nigerians being in the US got to do with defending the Motherland? You people sef.
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by IykeD1(m): 12:16am On Jan 15, 2010

Then, thanks for confirming my fears. Look at your ridiculous response ''i am glad to bend over and take it'' Sorry your type is irrelevant to this matter. Why don't you change your name to sean or something similarly silly like that, since you think Nigeria is none of your business. May woe betide your America and may it continue to keep suffering under fear, anxiety and economic downturns.

US drones will not enter Nigeria if that is your wish because that is an act of war and the Nigerian military would rather do a coup (which i 'll support) and fight off the invaders than sit and watch because no country does that.

Why are you on Nairaland anyway. Oh and about the citizenship, i got dual citizenship too but i stay loyal to my root because i actually have intellects unlike you and know evil when i see one, which is US.

You are tool.

NB: To bettes, what has Nigerians being in the US got to do with defending the Motherland? You people sef.

Hey, you learn something new every day. I never knew that Nigeria is a country immuned from economic downturns.

Like I said, you really have no idea how the bigger world works. See Pakistan, a country that has nuclear weapons?
Guess where most of the drone attacks are occurring? Why, because they made their country a fertile grounds for
terrorists. Same will happen to Nigeria (regardless of the noise you are making) if they remain complacent or turn a
blind eye to the Muttallabs.

Did you say Nigerian Army? What is that?

Why am I on Nairaland? The same reason you are here and to smack loud talking folks like you around, that's why!
The owner of the site can kill my account if he so chooses.

What the hell are you talking about? What are you smoking?
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by chriswu(m): 12:29am On Jan 15, 2010
Our dumb politicians wont do anything until it affects them. they are disturbed cos they don't want to be checked at the airports thats all. a lot of illegal activities go in in this country nd nothing is done about it. boko haram is an example.
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by Nobody: 12:31am On Jan 15, 2010
I already told you that i cannot take you seriously. Drones? Terrorists? Mutallabs? Your argument is too childish to me. The American Invincible Army is almost a myth as Superman and Santa Claus, used to decieve children like you.

So strong a military that they are returning in body bags every month end and running away from Iraq with their tails in between their legs.

Oh, btw when are you joining the military oh patriotic one so that Talibans would use you as target practice, lol.

Delusional people much.
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by dreamara(f): 12:49am On Jan 15, 2010
Bandit C.:

So strong a military that they are returning in body bags every month end and running away from Iraq with their tails in between their legs.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
This statement is so uncalled for, u sound like u enjoy the fact that they are dying(according to u).Just remember u are also mortal and will be going six feet one day so never rejoice on someone's death.
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by No2Atheism(m): 12:56am On Jan 15, 2010
dreamara:

Dude.I've got two words for you:SHAAAAARRRRRAAAPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You sound like a black Nazi Nigerian!!!

- Who is black nazi nigerian.

Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by ladej(m): 1:01am On Jan 15, 2010
when its all debated and concluded its a wrong move
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by dreamara(f): 1:02am On Jan 15, 2010
No2Atheism:

- Who is black nazi nigerian.

The Naija guy in Germany. angry
Re: Nigeria To Allow Armed U.s. Air Marshals On Flights by ladej(m): 1:04am On Jan 15, 2010
dreamara:

i believe he meant because its the number 1 country does guarantee success 100%. no sane person will be happy when humans die

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Probe Obasanjo Now — Owie Tells EFCC / These Are The "10" US Based Nigerians "Donald Trump" Can "Never" Deport (Photos) / I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.