Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch (40071 Views)

The Invitation To Dino Melaye's Mother's Burial Ceremony (photo) / Yahaya Bello's Condolence Letter To Dino Melaye On The Death Of His Mother / Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by Angeleena(m): 6:36pm On May 26, 2017
danthommies:
@angleena longest time, it's been long i saw you here on Nairaland. Why? cos i've really missed yo'
yep...I was given a ban,for a month...the mods,here are something else...and they want make naija better..after deleting comments,ban comes next...nothing happens to their afonja kinsmen...
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by Max24: 6:42pm On May 26, 2017
; grin
Jabioro:
Dino Melaye mess up.. the book was more than slap to Nigerians faces.. he should have seek for the service of proof readers, editors sequence and graphic illustrators..even though it is going to be the gathering of thieves ,the grammatical side could have been take of behind the cotton.....the book can't be found on common shelf ..is not even for common man I learned a copy is sold for #50.000 ..
Wait and see. They don't need the common man to buy d book. Saraki will forcefully use our money to buy a copy for each member of nass. It will be included in their budget.
#50000 ×500members = #25m. So d "anti corruption book" will bring corrupt money.. Is Dino not a "genius" ? grin
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by edudguy(m): 6:45pm On May 26, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Nigeria always celebrates its disgusting reprobates and Soyinka is one of such reprobates whose primary legacy is the introduction of blood oaths a day cultist into our tertiary institutions yet today he is being celebrated just like reprobate Dino and friends
See yourself? Soyinka formed the cult as an avenue for challenging policies that did not favour the students in the university. It was formed to fight for the rights of students and not the murderous and viloent group it is today. You can say that it has been hijacked. I think you should always be correct before saying something to avoid situations like this
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by Mrjaz(m): 6:46pm On May 26, 2017
gberra:
Trust me, Chinua Achebe died while trying to get Soyinka's kinda soft curly hair.

In a nutshell, I was trying to say You are a Wool (uncouth) .

Igbos are fools tongue tongue
. Some people will forever remain fools #recievesense#
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by Jabioro: 6:47pm On May 26, 2017
Max24:
; grin
Wait and see. They don't need the common man to buy d book. Saraki will forcefully use our money to buy a copy for each member of nass. It will be included in their budget.
#50000 ×500members = #25m. So d "anti corruption book" will bring corrupt money.. Is Dino not a "genius" ? grin
Hmmmm..you're on point.. I concur
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by LordOfNaira: 6:48pm On May 26, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Nigeria always celebrates its disgusting reprobates and Soyinka is one of such reprobates whose primary legacy is the introduction of blood oaths a day cultist into our tertiary institutions yet today he is being celebrated just like reprobate Dino and friends

You should have at least read about frats before coming here. Soyinka and his friends founded the frat and only promising students were admitted into the frat. Other frats were established and student unionism was at its peak because of these frats. It was the military regimes of the 80s that began to arm frats to silence student unionism. Blood oath and all those fetish were introduced in the 80s. It was during the military regimes, especially, during the Babangida regime that these frats became violent. Prior to the 80s, frats were very useful on campus.
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by Angeleena(m): 6:56pm On May 26, 2017
tianshie:

Be careful how you address your betters. If the prof is a "cotton wool head," at least it's his real hair. The ugly horse-hair on your head in your profile pic tells me your brain is a bed of straw; you're a run-of-the-mill id.iot.
see painment..OMG!!! is it ur head??swerve pls..
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by mkoabiola: 7:07pm On May 26, 2017
I love reading soyinka story

He uses complex words

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by Nobody: 7:08pm On May 26, 2017
that moment corruption gathered to launch anti-corruption book
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by Omeokachie: 7:09pm On May 26, 2017
Check his left back pocket...he still got his greencard with him.
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by LionDeLeo: 7:22pm On May 26, 2017
Mujtahida:

The greatest indicator of an infantile Dundee is when you see someone cancelling write ups and crying trash nonsense or nonsense trash. Such persons are depressingly stupid and mechanical. Nothing but empty boors, bumpkins from one rat hole or cramped up hovel. Snivelling idiots.

God bless you for that epic description. The "mechanical" you used actually reminds me of something.

Still finding it difficult how a supposed graduate cannot draw a difference between mechanical engineering and phone repairing. Smh.
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by Mujtahida: 7:28pm On May 26, 2017
LionDeLeo:

God bless you for that epic description. The "mechanical" you used actually reminds me of his claim.

Still finding it difficult how a supposed graduate cannot draw a difference between mechanical engineering and phone repairing. Smh.
They think that being able to punch their phones or whatever device they use and putting up words equates to being educated. If you tell them to think, they start hurling insults. They are the wretched of the earth.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by Temitoppe(m): 7:36pm On May 26, 2017
Jabioro:
Dino Melaye mess up.. the book was more than slap to Nigerians faces.. he should have seek for the service of proof readers, editors sequence and graphic illustrators..even though it is going to be the gathering of thieves ,the grammatical side could have been take of behind the cotton.....the book can't be found on common shelf ..is not even for common man I learned a copy is sold for #50.000 ..

it's being sold for 25k hard cover and 7k normal cover which he jokingly said belongs to people who live below poverty level which he and Gbenga( the presenter) belongs to
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 26, 2017
careytommy7:
so this cultist can still talk?

It was a cult of intellectuals not all cults are involved or soaked with blood.
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by engrchykae(m): 7:40pm On May 26, 2017
verygudbadguy:
Sowore, a true activist, a blessing to our generation. I pray he lives long to reveal much more about dirty politicians. If he can do that much while abroad, i bet he would do better with a known office in Nigeria.

God bless Prof. Wole Soyinka. A great man indeed.
he better remain in the states than coming to nigeria before we hear stories like UNKNOWN GUNMEN ATTACKED A MEDIA HOUSE,MANY FEARED DEAD.this is nigeria.
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 7:42pm On May 26, 2017
SalamRushdie:

How many of the cults of those days killed themselves until you took over and made it a warfare ? Holier than thou criminals.
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by eyizlive(m): 7:42pm On May 26, 2017
Mujtahida:

They think that being able to punch their phones or whatever device they use and putting up words equates to being educated. If you tell them to think, they start hurling insults. They are the wretched of the earth.

easy...easy bro...i know its annoying but we have to bear it, even in our nation of demented souls
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by Mandesz(m): 7:42pm On May 26, 2017
decatalyst:
grin

I can bet it with you, Dino no sabi the meaning of "reprobate" wey Soyinka talk grin
u n Soyinka r fools. I wonder how d elderly idiot will always bhave like illiterate. if he opts to ba fool is beta u don't be like him.

obasanjo said he always seek public attention. diz has prove him right again
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by eyizlive(m): 7:42pm On May 26, 2017
Mujtahida:

easy...easy bro...i know its annoying but we have to bear it even in our nation of demented souls
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by engrchykae(m): 7:43pm On May 26, 2017
IamPatriotic:
I wish to be like Prof. Wole Soyinka when I grow older.
by now you are supposed to have formed your own secret cult just like your role model soyinka
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by paymentvoucher: 7:45pm On May 26, 2017
careytommy7:
At all. He is now deaf and dump, he can't talk

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by Mandesz(m): 7:45pm On May 26, 2017
mkoabiola:
I love reading soyinka story
He uses complex words
complex words dt is unrelated wit wot he meant. fool + fool
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by enemyofprogress: 7:45pm On May 26, 2017
careytommy7:
sharaaaaaaap
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by Jabioro: 7:46pm On May 26, 2017
Temitoppe:

it's being sold for 25k hard cover and 7k normal cover which he jokingly said belongs to people who live below poverty level which he and Gbenga( the presenter) belongs to
You amused me #7000 for people below poverty level.. and said he is for masses.. OK
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by enemyofprogress: 7:47pm On May 26, 2017
IamPatriotic:
I wish to be like Prof. Wole Soyinka when I grow older.
at 76? shocked shocked shocked Which time you wan grow up at 76?
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by eyizlive(m): 7:47pm On May 26, 2017
Mandesz:

u n Soyinka r fools. I wonder how d elderly idiot will always bhave like illiterate. if he opts to ba fool is beta u don't be like him.

obasanjo said he always seek public attention. diz has prove him right again

did you just call a nobel laureate winner a fool?...n you are wise? Really...think about...breathe in n out n of you don't apologise next then you just breathed out d last strand of brain matter in your head...gay
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by engrchykae(m): 7:48pm On May 26, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:
Nigeria is " the more you look, the less you see". How can Wole Soyinka insult other political criminals at an event organised by an activist criminal who attacks the enemies of his pay-master Tinubu? Activism in the South-west is a political tool of the AG/ACN/APC faction of the region's elite. Some times I wonder whether Fela would have been quiet during this Buhari regime just like his cycle of friends are doing today.
Fela is the only activist to have graced nigeria.the rest are just mischief makers when they are not in power.the southwest agitate for restructuring when they feel they are not getting enough but that currency is fast losing value.
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 26, 2017
"Antidotes for corruption" Who's the editor of this book?
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by engrchykae(m): 7:53pm On May 26, 2017
Jabioro:
just like the southwest media doctored and edited and packaged Buhari,a coupist became a holy crusader.the southwest is really sophisticated
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by LionDeLeo: 7:54pm On May 26, 2017
Mujtahida:

Very wretched they are. That particular illiterate seems to be a desperate hustler.

He has more than 50 monikers on this forum.

A good way of identifying failures is the consistency at which they cry over every gaddem thing.
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by jonbellion(m): 7:55pm On May 26, 2017
careytommy7:
shut up
The cult groups of today weren't what he intended
Stop displaying ignorance
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by Jabioro: 8:05pm On May 26, 2017
engrchykae:
just like the southwest media doctored and edited and packaged Buhari,a coupist became a holy crusader.the southwest is really sophisticated
Is Dino Melaye not part of packages?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is All Really Well Between Buhari And Tinubu? - Daily Trust / Hoodlums Attack Press Crew Bus In Tinubu’s Convoy, Two Injured (Pictures, Video) / Police Disrupt CAN's Anti-Herdsmen Protest In Adamawa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.