Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,719 members, 7,813,369 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch (40066 Views)

The Invitation To Dino Melaye's Mother's Burial Ceremony (photo) / Yahaya Bello's Condolence Letter To Dino Melaye On The Death Of His Mother / Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by SalamRushdie: 5:09pm On May 26, 2017
banmee:

I pinched my fore finger with a pin during my initiation, dip it into a silver cup and drank from it. We all had to do it. And that was the end of it. I did not kill anyone, threaten any girl to go out with me, or become a nuisance while i was a student. Nigerians decided to take what is supposed to be fun and good and turn it into something evil. Don't blame Soyinka for the Nigerian trait.

Okay oo
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by bankylan: 5:10pm On May 26, 2017
Jabioro:
Dino Melaye mess up.. the book was more than slap to Nigerians faces.. he should have seek for the service of proof readers, editors sequence and graphic illustrators..even though it is going to be the gathering of thieves ,the grammatical side could have been take of behind the cotton.....the book can't be found on common shelf ..is not even for common man I learned a copy is sold for #50.000 ..

Your English is bad. 1) 'Melaye mess up'...The statement is grammatically wrong. 'Melaye messed up/messes up/is messing up' is right. 2) 'he should have seek" the right phrase is 'he should have sought"
3) 'the grammatical side should have been take'. 'take' is wrong. 'Taken' is right....4) did u write 'behind the cotton'? Hahaha...'behind the Ankara ni''Olodo!!!
Bro, there are other errors apart from the obvious lack of coherence. 'Dino even better pass u'....lol

4 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by devour129: 5:12pm On May 26, 2017
Angeleena:
nonsense,e be like say,dem give him back bench... with His cotton wool head,y'all are the same.
you are a lost cause ,shame on you .

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by dangotesmummy: 5:13pm On May 26, 2017
banmee:

I pinched my fore finger with a pin during my initiation, dip it into a silver cup and drank from it. We all had to do it. And that was the end of it. I did not kill anyone, threaten any girl to go out with me, or become a nuisance while i was a student. Nigerians decided to take what is supposed to be fun and good and turn it into something evil. Don't blame Soyinka for the Nigerian trait.
if cultism was still maintained as it was the intentions of the early founders, it will have been a good association people will want to be identified with.now you need to see how cultist look like.dirty touts,junkies,public nuisance and menace
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by Jabioro: 5:16pm On May 26, 2017
bankylan:

Your English is bad. 1) 'Melaye mess up'...The statement is grammatically wrong. 'Melaye messed up/messes up/is messing up' is right. 2) 'he should have seek" the right phrase is 'he should have sought"
3) 'the grammatical side should have been take'. 'take' is wrong. 'Taken' is right....4) did u write behind the 'cotton'? Hahaha...'behind the Ankara ni''Olodo!!!
Bro, there are other errors apart from the obvious lack of coherence. 'Dino even better pass u'....lol
Thank you.. I will invite you for my memoir

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by banmee(m): 5:17pm On May 26, 2017
dangotesmummy:
if cultism was still maintained as it was the intentions of the early founders, it will have been a good association people will want to be identified with.now you need to see how cultist look like.dirty touts,junkies,public nuisance and menace

Agreed. But what i take offence to is blaming Soyinka for it like the last guy did. It is like blaming the Wright brothers for airplane crashes.
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by Nasha48: 5:20pm On May 26, 2017
careytommy7:
so this cultist can still talk?

Okay, He is a cultist, but you forgot to do your research about his activities and the reason the sailors was formed....

Who are you?
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by dangotesmummy: 5:21pm On May 26, 2017
careytommy7:
so this cultist can still talk?
as of his time saying Mr a is a cultist is like saying Mr a is a member of Yoruba association of economics department, oau branch or ijaw association of nursing department, uniben.it was an harmless association that was just there to promote culture,have fun,drink palm wine,drum,dance,talk about their academics etc. Cultism now is a complete deviation of what cultism was all about
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by LionDeLeo: 5:22pm On May 26, 2017
koropotopoto:
[s][/s]
at least they're better than those that sat down and watch as their people get barbecued by Fulani herdsmen
nonsense trash

Hehehe. At least he knows the difference between mechanical engineering and phone repairing.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by Maduawuchukwu(m): 5:22pm On May 26, 2017
biafraone:
i wonder too

Thank God that he did not live till this day and he died with a good name.
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by dangotesmummy: 5:23pm On May 26, 2017
banmee:

Agreed. But what i take offence to is blaming Soyinka for it like the last guy did. It is like blaming the Wright brothers for airplane crashes.
Soyinka is not a part and has nothing to do with the madness cultist are involved with.hr established it with good motives but it became bastardized

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by kpaofame: 5:25pm On May 26, 2017
Soyinka is a Big Hypocrite....

He was running His mouth like someone with Diarrhea of the Mouth during GEJ tenure forming as if he is an activist, but he has not for once condemned anything in this administration...

He should continue to gloat on his past achievements but he as nothing substantial to offer again...People like him are not suppose to engage in partisan politics especially the way politics is in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by Princeboca12(m): 5:27pm On May 26, 2017
I lost respect for this man the very day he said he was going to tear his green card if Trump wins. I hope Trump bans him from entering america...

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by mrsfavour(f): 5:27pm On May 26, 2017
Angeleena:
nonsense,e be like say,dem give him back bench... with His cotton wool head,y'all are the same.
on point ,he thinks he is the only writer hahaaahahaha!
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by potent5(m): 5:29pm On May 26, 2017
decatalyst:
grin

I can bet it with you, Dino no sabi the meaning of "reprobate" wey Soyinka talk grin
That's y we have dictionaries - both learners and advanced.
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by nduchucks: 5:32pm On May 26, 2017
If we don't see a sequel to Dino's Aje ku Iya Ni'oje video, targeted at Soyinka, then Dino would be an admitted reprobate and a coward.
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by Deeldorado: 5:35pm On May 26, 2017
Sowore is the man. I want to be as courageous as he is when I grow up.
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by mbjsuki(m): 5:35pm On May 26, 2017
gberra:
Soyinka never founded an oath-swearing group, rather a group of young individuals with the aim of confronting colonialism & elitists mentality. It was not after 20 years before the Pirates was hijacked & divided into various groups.

I urge you to be adequately informed before talking.Mr.Salami

-- Daddy

May your days be long.
Some people here rush to type and mark attendance,giving false and half baked stories that are not well verified. This man's achievement can be compared to that of Mandela of South Africa in a way or two yet some low thinking individual simply wants to rubbish that.

Long live Prof.Soyinka....the last of his kind and his generation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by Nobody: 5:35pm On May 26, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

Who are you?
Am a cleaner in Aso Rock.
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by omoelerin1: 5:36pm On May 26, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:
Nigeria is " the more you look, the less you see". How can Wole Soyinka insult other political criminals at an event organised by an activist criminal who attacks the enemies of his pay-master Tinubu? Activism in the South-west is a political tool of the AG/ACN/APC faction of the region's elite. Some times I wonder whether Fela would have been quiet during this Buhari regime just like his cycle of friends are doing today.
when it come to activism in nigeria, yorubas have been in the fore-front right from pre-independent period. the most critics of military regime in the country were yoruba, even when obasanjo was military head of state.(he will not forget tai solarin and fela kuti). the democracy and freedom of speech which these chest beaters/ipob are now enjoying was fought for by yoruba people include this soyinka. where were igbo leaders and biafran agitators during abacha era.

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by Walelavender(m): 5:38pm On May 26, 2017
That book launch was obviously a slap oñ our faces. The questionable characters who graced the occasion apparently came to tell the masses that they were smarter. They all need antidotes to wipe off the corrupt viruses in their systems. That is how the political class in this country call the shot.
When are we gonna start stonning them?
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by mbjsuki(m): 5:39pm On May 26, 2017
bankylan:

3) 'the grammatical side should have been take'. 'take' is wrong. 'Taken' is right....4) did u write 'behind the cotton'? Hahaha...'behind the Ankara ni''Olodo!!!

But why?
Maka why?
Why did you choose to point out the obvious in this case? Too much candy crush game is evident here.....you like to crush fun. grin[color=#990000][/color] grin
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by koropotopoto: 5:39pm On May 26, 2017
[s]
LionDeLeo:

Hehehe. At least he knows the difference between mechanical engineering and phone repairing.
[/s]
Nonsense trash
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by LionDeLeo: 5:41pm On May 26, 2017
koropotopoto:
[s][/s]
Nonsense trash
Trade mark repeated.
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by greggng: 5:41pm On May 26, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Nigeria always celebrates its disgusting reprobates and Soyinka is one of such reprobates whose primary legacy is the introduction of blood oaths a day cultist into our tertiary institutions yet today he is being celebrated just like reprobate Dino and friends

Keep quiet you only heard about that word today

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by koropotopoto: 5:42pm On May 26, 2017
[s]
LionDeLeo:

Trade mark repeated.
[/s]
more trash
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by LionDeLeo: 5:43pm On May 26, 2017
koropotopoto:
[s][/s]
more trash

Trade mark repeated.
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by Iamdrahj(m): 5:45pm On May 26, 2017
Thorhammer:
Captain blood d toturga have spoken..

But that what we are good for.. Celebrate criminals
Yoha cdwagg.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by SalamRushdie: 5:47pm On May 26, 2017
[quote author=greggng post=56904793]
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by Omofunaab2: 5:47pm On May 26, 2017
SalamRushdie:

We all know Yorubas see Okun people as lesser species of yoruba

We don't do that nonsense here. .we don't practice the Osu caste system here.. .

3 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by koropotopoto: 5:47pm On May 26, 2017
[s]
LionDeLeo:

Trade mark repeated.
[/s]
Nonsense trash

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by LionDeLeo: 5:50pm On May 26, 2017
koropotopoto:
[s][/s]
Nonsense trash

The issue is that you have not actually explained the difference between mechanical engineering and phone repairing.

Boy do the needful and forget this inconsequential "nonsense trash"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Short & Deceitful Little Imps Osinbajo Is Sick, His Nightmare Just Started – FFK / Dino Melaye Flaunts His Car In Russia, Says My Passion Is My Personal Property / Shina Peller Arrested And Detained By The Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.