Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch (40074 Views)

The Invitation To Dino Melaye's Mother's Burial Ceremony (photo) / Yahaya Bello's Condolence Letter To Dino Melaye On The Death Of His Mother / Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by seunlly(m): 4:39pm On May 26, 2017
All of u Una fada..
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by purplekayc(m): 4:40pm On May 26, 2017
Another new word grin
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by 18million: 4:41pm On May 26, 2017
Una dey form like say una no see him book title
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by Benekruku(m): 4:42pm On May 26, 2017
careytommy7:
so this cultist can still talk?

So being a cultist should keep one mute?
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by Akinz0126(m): 4:44pm On May 26, 2017
Proff I tire oooooooooo
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by jamislaw(m): 4:44pm On May 26, 2017
After i checked the meaning of reprobation.

Rejected; cast off as worthless.
Rejected by God; damned, sinful.
Immoral, having no religious or principled character.
noun (plural reprobates)
One rejected by God; a sinful person.
An individual with low morals or principles.
verb (reprobates, reprobating; past and past participle reprobated)
To have strong disapproval of something; to condemn.
Of God: to abandon or reject, to deny eternal bliss.
To refuse, set aside.
This old man just punch Dino right on his face.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by Etuagievin(m): 4:45pm On May 26, 2017
We can't forget in a hurry your romance with members of the 'reprobates' before last election .How come within a short time they have been so negatively branded. Has the veil fallen off?

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by Benekruku(m): 4:46pm On May 26, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Nigeria always celebrates its disgusting reprobates and Soyinka is one of such reprobates whose primary legacy is the introduction of blood oaths a day cultist into our tertiary institutions yet today he is being celebrated just like reprobate Dino and friends

What re u saying? Do you know how many cults existed in Nigeria before the Pirates? Cos they were not known institutions doesn't mean they dont exist and it cuts across all tribes.
Before u start an argument, please broaen your knowledge about the word "confraternity" means. And mind you, Wole was in an association an not cult.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by tribalistseun: 4:48pm On May 26, 2017
Jabioro:
Dino Melaye mess up.. the book was more than slap to Nigerians faces.. he should have seek for the service of proof readers, editors sequence and graphic illustrators..even though it is going to be the gathering of thieves ,the grammatical side could have been take of behind the cotton.....the book can't be found on common shelf ..is not even for common man I learned a copy is sold for #50.000 ..
rumors as usual
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by back2sender: 4:48pm On May 26, 2017
koropotopoto:
[s][/s]
at least they're better than those that sat down and watch as their people get barbecued by Fulani herdsmen
nonsense trash
Developers of the world, Children of hate from indo-fuckin-nesia republic of ugandan. Potopoto children

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 26, 2017
gberra:
Trust me, Chinua Achebe died while trying to get Soyinka's kinda soft curly hair.
Read this again, does this make sense to you?

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by SalamRushdie: 4:51pm On May 26, 2017
Benekruku:

What re u saying? Do you know how many cults existed in Nigeria before the Pirates? Cos they were not known institutions doesn't mean they dont exist and it cuts across all tribes.
Before u start an argument, please broaen your knowledge about the word "confraternity" means. And mind you, Wole was in an association an not cult.

Of course Yoruba people will always defend their son but one fact is clear that all campus cult today are offshoots or were inspired by the Pirates which Wole Soyinka promoted

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by banmee(m): 4:52pm On May 26, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Nigeria always celebrates its disgusting reprobates and Soyinka is one of such reprobates whose primary legacy is the introduction of blood oaths a day cultist into our tertiary institutions yet today he is being celebrated just like reprobate Dino and friends

You are confused. What Soyinka did is/was as normal as breathing in most normal country's colleges. What he did not bargain for was the animalistic tendencies of Nigerians and their desire to take what is supposed to be good and turn it into something evil. In college, i was a member of the GAMMA BETA PHI. A solid band of brothers who would look out for one another throughout college and out of it. The selection process was tough but well worth it. We did not meet at night but in broad daylight for everyone to see. It was a honor to be part of this. Soyinka thought he could transfer that knowledge to Nigerians but Nigerians found a way to phuck it up.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by olaolulazio(m): 4:54pm On May 26, 2017
careytommy7:
so this cultist can still talk?
see person wey no be cultist. What have u achieved?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by SalamRushdie: 4:54pm On May 26, 2017
banmee:

You are confused. What Soyinka did is/was as normal as breathing in most normal country's colleges. What he did not bargain for was the animalistic tendencies of Nigerians and their desire to take what is supposed to be good and turn it into something evil. In college, i was a member of the GAMMA BETA PHI. A solid band of brother who would look out for one another throughout college and out of it. The selection process was tough but well worth it. We did not meet at night but in broad daylight for everyone one to see. It was a honor to be part of this. Soyinka thought he could transfer that knowledge to Nigerians but Nigerians found a way to phuck it up.

Was blood oaths part of you GBP initiation? Where charms freely used during g your initiation ? Even Wole Soyinka has admitted blood oaths were used when he initiated the first set of his gang of brigands

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by sshalom(m): 4:55pm On May 26, 2017
I laughed myself out on the book launch by the Senator. But he has a right to write a book!
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by salford: 4:56pm On May 26, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Of course Yoruba people will always defend their son but one fact is clear that all campus cult today are offshoots or were inspired by the Pirates which Wole Soyinka promoted
does it not occur to you that the same melaye is a yoruba. That shows you we crucify those in the wrong and praise those that are in the right. We are not like some other people.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by AHCB: 4:56pm On May 26, 2017
Ah! Our esteem Literati extraordinaire. I love it when he spit fire and burn these useless politicians who know better than to speak from both side of their mouth.

Ride on sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by Jabioro: 4:58pm On May 26, 2017
tribalistseun:
rumors as usual
Do you have the book either soft or hard copy.. Nothing like rumours..at okada e-book, good reads you can't find it on their shelf.. if have it let me know please

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by edupedia: 4:58pm On May 26, 2017
koropotopoto:
[s][/s]
Shatap there and get out!
soyinka should do us a favor and go to hell an

kiss the truth because
Buhari is a terrorist

....a typical example of an irrational IPOB...they have been so since 1966...now ask them what movement forward has been made out of this crass behaviour.....none!....IPOB always the same...IPOB is 419....

5 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by omogidi234(m): 4:59pm On May 26, 2017
Waiting for Melaye's response. Someone even clapped back at him on Twitter for not spelling launch i.e launching very well.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by PREBuhari2019: 4:59pm On May 26, 2017
This is one of them.
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by snowlord(m): 5:01pm On May 26, 2017
Dz afonjas b making silly comments"like broaden ur knowledge" "association" n shii,d white beard niggi was a fucking cultist.SIMPLE
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 26, 2017
verygudbadguy:
Sowore, a true activist, a blessing to our generation. I pray he lives long to reveal much more about dirty politicians. If he can do that much while abroad, i bet he would do better with a known office in Nigeria.

God bless Prof. Wole Soyinka. A great man indeed.

may God bless u for saying d truth!

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by SalamRushdie: 5:02pm On May 26, 2017
salford:

does it not occur to you that the same melaye is a yoruba. That shows you we crucify those in the wrong and praise those that are in the right. We are not like some other people.

We all know Yorubas see Okun people as lesser species of yoruba
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by Hannysmilez(f): 5:04pm On May 26, 2017
Preach Papa!!! Preach!

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by banmee(m): 5:05pm On May 26, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Was blood oaths part of you GBP initiation? Where charms freely used during g your initiation ? Even Wole Soyinka has admitted blood oaths were used when he initiated the first set of his gang of brigands

I pinched my fore finger with a pin during my initiation, dip it into a silver cup and drank from it. We all had to do it. And that was the end of it. I did not kill anyone, threaten any girl to go out with me, or become a nuisance while i was a student. Nigerians decided to take what is supposed to be fun and good and turn it into something evil. Don't blame Soyinka for the Nigerian trait.

4 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by dangotesmummy: 5:07pm On May 26, 2017
SalamRushdie:
violence was not his motive of establishing cultism.it was more like a group or association who were united or shared common interest based on anything academics and cultural promotion and arts. They always gingered themselves to academic excellence while maintaining their good cultural values and beauty but now the new generation of cultists are touts,rapists,deviants,drug addicts and sick people
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by Nobody: 5:09pm On May 26, 2017
Prof. it was a big slap on those who attended d launch. I expected his god father saraki to correct him on d howler in d title

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Police Disrupt CAN's Anti-Herdsmen Protest In Adamawa (Photos) / Mbaka Tells Buhari To Resign Or Be Impeached Over Insecurity (Video) / Tinubu Returns To Nigeria from UK

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.