Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,878 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch (40078 Views)

The Invitation To Dino Melaye's Mother's Burial Ceremony (photo) / Yahaya Bello's Condolence Letter To Dino Melaye On The Death Of His Mother / Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by greggng: 5:53pm On May 26, 2017
SalamRushdie:

No wonder you yoruba people can never stop worshipping this fraud called Soyinka ..so you think reprobate is a rare word .hahahahha Chai Chai Chai. Please stop disgracing your father's salary he used to pay for your education before you became a useless somborry grin

I am not yoruba niether am I onye ofe mmanu. I am a detribalised Nigerian. Soyinka meant well when he form that con fraternity which was later abused by ur new generation. That time you must be brilliant to belong but now everyone is welcomed so far u know how to kill. Shame to your new generation

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by SalamRushdie: 5:54pm On May 26, 2017
greggng:

I am not yoruba niether am I onye ofe mmanu. I am a detribalised Nigerian. Soyinka meant well when he form that con fraternity which was later abused by ur new generation. That time you must be brilliant to belong but now everyone is welcomed so far u know how to kill. Shame to your new generation

Oh sorry I thought you were Yoruba ..no vex abeg
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by omoelerin1: 5:55pm On May 26, 2017
tribalistseun:
rumors as usual
your own english epitomises the said book. your write up is a slap on the faces of all nairalanders. next time engage proof reader and editor.
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by greggng: 5:56pm On May 26, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Oh sorry I thought you were Yoruba ..no vex abeg

Apology accepted

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by KissnThel: 5:58pm On May 26, 2017
From d headline i wud av thought it was gonna be dino gettin d tongue lash...surprisin wat jealousy & or insecurity can make ppl say...is someone tryin 2 tell me dat, dat shiit he wrote does not deserve to b condemed?

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by victorDanladi: 5:59pm On May 26, 2017
greggng:

I like you.

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by sinisters(m): 6:02pm On May 26, 2017
careytommy7:
so this cultist can still talk?
undecided
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by chesseed: 6:03pm On May 26, 2017
Islie:

The title of the book is a grammatical howler, which re-invited attention to Melaye’s dodgy educational qualifications. Instead of Antidotes to Corruption, Melaye chose Antidotes for Corruption for his 600-page book.

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 6:05pm On May 26, 2017
gberra:
Soyinka never founded an oath-swearing group, rather a group of young individuals with the aim of confronting colonialism & elitists mentality. It was not after 20 years before the Pirates was hijacked & divided into various groups.

I urge you to be adequately informed before talking.Mr.Salami

-- Daddy

I was really very disappointed in salmanrushdie's post.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by PStacks(m): 6:07pm On May 26, 2017
Islie:

A Gathering Of Disgusting Reprobates: Soyinka Says Dino Melaye’s Book Launch Is A Slap On Faces Of Nigerians

http://saharareporters.com/2017/05/26/gathering-disgusting-reprobates-soyinka-says-dino-melaye’s-book-launch-slap-faces

nothing but the gosple bitter truth.. weldon prof.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by Jaideyone(m): 6:09pm On May 26, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Of course Yoruba people will always defend their son but one fact is clear that all campus cult today are offshoots or were inspired by the Pirates which Wole Soyinka promoted
keep playing dvmb in your quest to demonize Soyinka. it's either your IQ is ad low as room temperature or you ate just playing dvmb.

Soyinka starter a confraternity to stand up to the excesses of the authorities but it was hijacked over a decade after he left the institution by blood thirsty people. how's that his fault?

let me break it down for you like I do for the other "not so intelligent Igbos"

if as a researcher I discover a new power source that is cost effective and very efficient for rapid industrialisation but someone else hijacks it and uses it to power a destructive weapon that kills thousands of people have I done anything wrong?

your hate is the only reason you've decided to attack the noble laureate. there is still no one as successful as this man in his field in the country today

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by tianshie(m): 6:09pm On May 26, 2017
Angeleena:
nonsense,e be like say,dem give him back bench... with His cotton wool head,y'all are the same.

Be careful how you address your betters. If the prof is a "cotton wool head," at least it's his real hair. The ugly horse-hair on your head in your profile pic tells me your brain is a bed of straw; you're a run-of-the-mill id.iot.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by eyizlive(m): 6:13pm On May 26, 2017
KissnThel:
From d headline i wud av thought it was gonna be dino gettin d tongue lash...surprisin wat jealousy & or insecurity can make ppl say...is someone tryin 2 tell me dat, dat shiit he wrote does not deserve to b condemed?

wole soyinka is a livin legend...he's one of d few reasons why nigerians can boast of producin a nobel laureat winner.....just wanted to add dat in for d benefit of d haters...nice 1 dear

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by koropotopoto: 6:13pm On May 26, 2017
[s]
LionDeLeo:

The issue is that you have not actually explained the difference between mechanical engineering and phone repairing.

Boy do the needful and forget this inconsequential "nonsense trash"
[/s]
Nonsense trash
e pain am well well

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by Jaideyone(m): 6:13pm On May 26, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Was blood oaths part of you GBP initiation? Where charms freely used during g your initiation ? Even Wole Soyinka has admitted blood oaths were used when he initiated the first set of his gang of brigands
and you know this because you were there?

here cure your ignorance and stop making a fool of yourself

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confraternities_in_Nigeria
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by Mujtahida: 6:13pm On May 26, 2017
Benekruku:

What re u saying? Do you know how many cults existed in Nigeria before the Pirates? Cos they were not known institutions doesn't mean they dont exist and it cuts across all tribes.
Before u start an argument, please broaen your knowledge about the word "confraternity" means. And mind you, Wole was in an association an not cult.
He doesn't know that fraternities and sororities are part of university culture. Phi Beta Kappa, Psi Alpha Epsilon

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by Nobody: 6:14pm On May 26, 2017
Antidote for corruption?? I can't laugh,so dis melaye no go school finally?

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by SalamRushdie: 6:15pm On May 26, 2017
Jaideyone:
and you know this because you were there?

here cure your ignorance and stop making a fool of yourself

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confraternities_in_Nigeria

Abeg carry your leprous mention away from my side
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by Nobody: 6:18pm On May 26, 2017
gberra:
Trust me, Chinua Achebe died while trying to get Soyinka's kinda soft curly hair.

In a nutshell, I was trying to say You are a Wool (uncouth) .

Igbos are fools tongue tongue

Imagine them begging Soyinka to posthumously nominate Achebe to for nobel prize, when the egg head refused they resulted to hate and blackmail. Why am I not surprised!
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by eyizlive(m): 6:19pm On May 26, 2017
careytommy7:

pls, just tell me what prompted God to change is mind about givin u brains....i mean, you know you don't have right?
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by gberra: 6:22pm On May 26, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

I was really very disappointed in salmanrushdie's post.
Self-deception has taken the better part of him. I can see through his pretense which has been getting more pronounced lately. Meanwhile, I've made it known to him that he has fallen short of standards by a long mile. I found it funny that he pretended for a long time before coming out of his shell.

—Daddy
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by Nobody: 6:22pm On May 26, 2017
Angeleena:

it only takes a bigger fool,to detect another fool...e pain am#ntoooooor#
@angleena longest time, it's been long i saw you here on Nairaland. Why? cos i've really missed yo'
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by Maduawuchukwu(m): 6:24pm On May 26, 2017
omoelerin1:
when it come to activism in nigeria, yorubas have been in the fore-front right from pre-independent period. the most critics of military regime in the country were yoruba, even when obasanjo was military head of state.(he will not forget tai solarin and fela kuti). the democracy and freedom of speech which these chest beaters/ipob are now enjoying was fought for by yoruba people include this soyinka. where were igbo leaders and biafran agitators during abacha era.

I am well aware of that but what I am saying is that I have observed that these "activists" only fight causes that involve their enemies. They never condemn those commited by their friend like Tinubu et al. Maybe they fought the military and the other Governments just because they were not on the same interest page with them.
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by Mujtahida: 6:24pm On May 26, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Trade mark repeated.
The greatest indicator of an infantile Dundee is when you see someone cancelling write ups and crying trash nonsense or nonsense trash. Such persons are depressingly stupid and mechanical. Nothing but empty boors, bumpkins from one rat hole or cramped up hovel. Snivelling idiots.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by eyizlive(m): 6:25pm On May 26, 2017
SalamRushdie:

guy be humble, take d elixir.its d last one n d only cure for your mental illness.
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by ipodstinks: 6:27pm On May 26, 2017
decatalyst:
grin

I can bet it with you, Dino no sabi the meaning of "reprobate" wey Soyinka talk grin
grin, why na?
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by Jaideyone(m): 6:27pm On May 26, 2017
SalamRushdie:

ignorance is bliss. you are free to believe any rubbish that helps you sleep at night ipob flatty grin

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by ipodstinks: 6:28pm On May 26, 2017
careytommy7:
Na him force your brother to join?
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by Mujtahida: 6:28pm On May 26, 2017
eyizlive:

guy be humble, take d elixir.its d last one n d only cure for your mental illness.
See shelling. You are brutal! Elixir leading from out the madhouse.
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by gberra: 6:28pm On May 26, 2017
Dumaknesset:

Imagine them begging Soyinka to posthumously nominate Achebe to for nobel prize, when the egg head refused they resulted to hate and blackmail. Why am I not surprised!
Very Very True. They were groveling at the feet of Soyinka crying on behalf of Achebe grin grin.. Hate will kill them, All of them.

--Daddy

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by ipodstinks: 6:29pm On May 26, 2017
Angeleena:
nonsense,e be like say,dem give him back bench... with His cotton wool head,y'all are the same.
As you fine reach, shey you won grow old sha?
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Book Launch by ipodstinks: 6:33pm On May 26, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Nigeria always celebrates its disgusting reprobates and Soyinka is one of such reprobates whose primary legacy is the introduction of blood oaths a day cultist into our tertiary institutions yet today he is being celebrated just like reprobate Dino and friends
All if you keep blaming him for imitating cultism. During his own time, they didn't take a single life or molest innocent students, but to oppose oppression from lecturers. So keep killing yourself and be blaming him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax / Breaking News: Senate Stalls Obanikoro’s Ministerial Confirmation / Abaribe: Declare December 31 ‘Democracy Destruction Day’ To Mark Your 1983 Coup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.