Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,264 members, 7,839,338 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

North Is Provoking Nigerians: Civil War Looms — Lam Adesina - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Is Provoking Nigerians: Civil War Looms — Lam Adesina (6337 Views)

Rashida Bello Covers Vivian Lam Glamour Magazine / Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce / Tribunal Upholds Lam-Adesina And Olugbemi’s Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North Is Provoking Nigerians: Civil War Looms — Lam Adesina by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:01pm On Jan 19, 2010
Katsumoto:

You may disagree that they were Yoruba soldiers but it still doesn't detract from the fact that Nigerian soldiers were paraded naked and humiliated.

Those were prisoners of war and not innocent civilians (mainly women and children) in the case of Biafra.
Re: North Is Provoking Nigerians: Civil War Looms — Lam Adesina by ezeagu(m): 8:06pm On Jan 19, 2010
Katsumoto:

You may disagree that they were Yoruba soldiers but it still doesn't detract from the fact that Nigerian soldiers were paraded naked and humiliated.

Hmm, soldiers of war paraded around naked, or starvation of military unrelated women and children?
Re: North Is Provoking Nigerians: Civil War Looms — Lam Adesina by Katsumoto: 8:13pm On Jan 19, 2010
Sunny_bobo:

Those were prisoners of war and not innocent civilians (mainly women and children) in the case of Biafra.

ezeagu:

Hmm, soldiers of war paraded around naked, or starvation of military unrelated women and children?

You are yet to address all the issues that I raised, instead you are stating the obvious. So prisoners of war should be treated with indignity? I didn't raise the issue of the naked soldiers so that we can go back on forth on who was best at treating the other party better. I raised it just to make the point that both sides committed atrocities.

Please address the issue of Zik's betrayal, the half-truths about Yoruba involvement in the war, and the back-stabbing actions of Biafran sons who fought against Biafra. I am not continuing this debate until you address it. I have said it before and I will say it again, your kind are two happy at playing victim; you conveniently forget the back-stabbing actions of your own brothers.
Re: North Is Provoking Nigerians: Civil War Looms — Lam Adesina by chosen04(f): 8:17pm On Jan 19, 2010
Katsumoto,

am still waiting for your respondes to the issues i raised.

chosen04:

He is not a soldier unless you can prove otherwise. I wasnt even aware of the video until the person i talked about drew my attention to it. He wasnt even killed. He was just made to sing Biafra will win the war. The truth most times looks like a tales suitable for moonlight. You can as well google the address of the movie makers and confirm my story. If you cant provide a credible evidence of atrocities against Biafran soldiers, then its best you stop talking of such.

Hope you still remember Adekunle's infamous statement? Why Ojukwu was busy advocating minimum use of force in yoruba territory. Adekunle was busy boosting of how they shot at things that dont even move(including children, woman and animals) when they entered Biafran territory. Hope you can see the difference between my people and your people?

You are yet not to respond to AWO calling biafrans enemies. If truth is to be told. AWO saw NDI-IGBOs as enemies till his death and as well sold the same enemity story to others against Igbos. Will a friend give pay his friend 20 naira to go and die even when he has millions in bank savings?

Will you like to respond to the 20 naira AWO's policy against biafra? Any known atrocity more than that?

Re: North Is Provoking Nigerians: Civil War Looms — Lam Adesina by Katsumoto: 8:24pm On Jan 19, 2010
chosen04:

Katsumoto,

am still waiting for your respondes to the issues i raised.

Stop avoiding the issues I raised. When you address the betrayal of your brothers and leaders first, then I will answer you. You don't deserve an answer yet. Keep focusing on Awo while ignoring the issues I raised.
Re: North Is Provoking Nigerians: Civil War Looms — Lam Adesina by chosen04(f): 8:45pm On Jan 19, 2010
Pls can you repet your issues. Guess you werent talking to me personally when you brought them up. I cant see them.

Thanks and remain blessed.
Re: North Is Provoking Nigerians: Civil War Looms — Lam Adesina by Katsumoto: 8:58pm On Jan 19, 2010
chosen04:

Pls can you repet your issues. Guess you werent talking to me personally when you brought them up. I cant see them.

Thanks and remain blessed.

I apologise to those who have to read this again; the lady asked me to re-produce the information again so that she can address them.
Chosen04, I copied and amalgated two earlier posts.

In case you miss the point of my message, I will spell it out again. Awo and Zik were leaders of the Yoruba and Igbo respectively. Awo initially had sympathies for the Biafran cause and made a CONDITIONAL statement that the Yoruba would leave if the Igbo were allowed to leave. He later acted against the Biafran cause (I believe he did not want to turn the West into a battleground); consequently, he was accused of duplicity by the Igbo.

Zik through his actions/inactions during the events of the first coup laid the foundations for the brutal actions against the Igbo. His cousin was the leader of the plotters. Zik also campaigned for Biafra but switched sides and supported the Nigerian government, when it was obvious that Biafra was going to lose the war. Now the message: If you accuse Awo of Betrayal for acting in the supposed best interests of his people, should you not accuse Zik of a greater sin?

Why did the Igbo elders tell their children and grand-children about Awo's betrayal but failed to mention the heroic acts of other Yoruba (Ayo Ariyo, Soyinka, Ayo Banjo, Ademulegun , etc) who supported the Biafran cause in one way or the other? Why did the elders also fail to tell their children that several of their Biafran sons fought against Biafra? There were several officers from the East who fought on the Nigerian side such as Brigadier Ekpo - COS, Brig. Ikwue, Ukpabi Asika, Alfred Diete-spiff, Jacob Esuene, etc. Easterners focus on Adekunle because he is a Yoruba man while they ignore that several of their sons fought against Biafra.

Apart from Aloy*Emeka, all the Igbo posters (RichyBlack, Choseno4, Naijaking, revolt, OnlyTruth) on this thread have refused to accept the information presented to them, instead they are rubbing their hands with glee and thanking Eziachi for providing information that further perpetuates Igbo innocence and Yoruba betrayal. It only proves the notion that the Igbo want to be victims and want to blame others for their problems. Well you may choose to ignore the information presented to you but everytime someone accuses the Yoruba of betrayal, I will remind them of the GREATER betrayal COMMITTED by sons of Biafra.
Re: North Is Provoking Nigerians: Civil War Looms — Lam Adesina by aloyemeka7: 9:13pm On Jan 19, 2010
Katsumoto:

Zik through his actions/inactions during the events of the first coup laid the foundations for the brutal actions against the Igbo. His cousin was the leader of the plotters. Zik also campaigned for Biafra but switched sides and supported the Nigerian government, when it was obvious that Biafra was going to lose the war. Now the message: If you accuse Awo of Betrayal for acting in the supposed best interests of his people, should you not accuse Zik of a greater sin?

Who told you that Chiejina is Zik's cousin?
Re: North Is Provoking Nigerians: Civil War Looms — Lam Adesina by Katsumoto: 9:17pm On Jan 19, 2010
aloy*emeka:

Who told you that Chiejina is Zik's cousin?

I have read it in several literature that Ifeajuna was Zik's cousin. Do you information to the contrary?
Re: North Is Provoking Nigerians: Civil War Looms — Lam Adesina by aloyemeka7: 9:21pm On Jan 19, 2010
Katsumoto:

I have read it in several literature that Ifeajuna was Zik's cousin. Do you information to the contrary?

May be its the Nigerian type of cousin sha. Ziks parents were Onitsha natives and Ifeajunas parents were Ogwashi natives in Delta state. May be its some kind of distant relationship but I know Nigerians love to call anybody from around there area 'cousin'.
Re: North Is Provoking Nigerians: Civil War Looms — Lam Adesina by asha80(m): 9:28pm On Jan 19, 2010
Actually Ifeajuna is from Onitsha.Funny that he went to ilesha grammar school.
Re: North Is Provoking Nigerians: Civil War Looms — Lam Adesina by Katsumoto: 9:30pm On Jan 19, 2010
aloy*emeka:

May be its the Nigerian type of cousin sha. Ziks parents were Onitsha natives and Ifeajunas parents were Ogwashi natives in Delta state. May be its some kind of distant relationship but I know Nigerians love to call anybody from around there area 'cousin'.

Ifeajuna was from Onitsha, Nzeogwu was from Delta state. See the link below which states that Ifeajuna was from Onitsha.

http://www.ilegrams.org/prominent.asp?idm=11
Re: North Is Provoking Nigerians: Civil War Looms — Lam Adesina by aloyemeka7: 9:35pm On Jan 19, 2010
asha 80:

Actually Ifeajuna is from Onitsha.Funny that he went to ilesha grammar school.

Erroneous report . Ifeajuna was born in Onitsha but he was from Ogwashiuku Delta state. I read his biography sometime. I didn't know he had a gold medal. Why did they tell us that no Nigerian has either the olympic or commonwealth games gold medal before Chioma Ajunwa?

Major Emmanuel Ifeajuna

Home Town: Onitsha

Alumni: Old Student

Category: SPORTS

Period: 1948 - 1952

Profession: Military

Email:

Phone:

Submitted By: abi

Deceased
Emmanuel Ifeajuna placed Nigeria’s name on the world map in two distinct areas, setting two different records for Nigeria.
Before he joined the army, Emmanuel Ifeajuna, then a medical student at the University College Ibadan, earned for himself the honour of being the first black African to win a gold medal when he won the high jump in Canada at the Commonwealth Games in 1954. He also set a record. For this feat, a pencil sketch of Ifeajuna taking the jump over a tall bar was embossed on a popular exercise book.

But another kind of fame was the type which beckoned on Ifeajuna one day in August 1965, when he and two other army officers, Major Donatus Okafor and Captain O Oji, began the active planning of Nigeria's first coup. The coup was executed on January 15, 1966, but was foiled by major Aguyi Ironsi. Ifeajuna fled to Ghana, but was sent back to Nigeria when Nkruma was overthrown in February. He was jailed in the East but was later realeased by Lt. Col. Ojukwu in September.

On August 9, 1967, as a Biafran Lt. Col., Ifeajuna was the first Chief of Staff of the 'Midwest Liberation Force' (101 Division) under Victor Banjo. However, he got involved in an alleged plot to overthrow Ojukwu, was tried under Ojukwu's Biafran Law and Order (maintenance) Decree of 1967, before being executed in Enugu on September 25, 1967 along with Banjo, Alale and Agbam.

The following event result is good enough to remember him:
1954 Commonwealth Games
Mens - High Jump Final
1. Emmanuel IFEAJUNA (NGR) 2.03 m
2. Patrick ETOLU (UGA) 1.99 m
3. Nafiu OSAGIE (NGR) 1.99 m
Re: North Is Provoking Nigerians: Civil War Looms — Lam Adesina by SapeleGuy: 9:54pm On Jan 19, 2010
Katsumoto:

I suspect these two posts are not for this thread.

Perhaps you missed the provocation caused by disparity in the treatment of northern bankers and southern bankers.

Katsumoto:

Can't really decrypt the code; please break it down.

Mek una leave dis matter. Zik and Awo don die rotten. Their egos would not let them work together.
Stop to think that Lord Lugard's divide and rule tactics are still working to keep us from achieving the best we can be.
Re: North Is Provoking Nigerians: Civil War Looms — Lam Adesina by Katsumoto: 10:03pm On Jan 19, 2010
aloy*emeka:

Erroneous report . Ifeajuna was born in Onitsha but he was from Ogwashiuku Delta state. I read his biography sometime. I didn't know he had a gold medal. Why did they tell us that no Nigerian has either the olympic or commonwealth games gold medal before Chioma Ajunwa?

Aloy*Emeka
Ifeajuna was from Onitsha; another link

Major Emmanuel Ifeajuna was an Igbo from Onitsha and the Brigade Major in Lagos. He was an international athlete of some repute and held the Commonwealth record for high jumping. He was also a graduate of the University of Ibadan (where he had subversive tendencies). Ifeajuna was the “brains” behind the coup and wrote a manuscript on the reasons why he felt a military coup was necessary. This manuscript has never been published.

http://www.nigeriansinamerica.com/articles/781/3/The-Inside-Story-Of-Nigerias-First-Military-Coup-I/Page3.html
Re: North Is Provoking Nigerians: Civil War Looms — Lam Adesina by Katsumoto: 10:13pm On Jan 19, 2010
SapeleGuy:

Perhaps you missed the provocation caused by disparity in the treatment of northern bankers and southern bankers.

Mek una leave dis matter. Zik and Awo don die rotten. Their egos would not let them work together.
Stop to think that Lord Lugard's divide and rule tactics are still working to keep us from achieving the best we can be.

I personally would like to leave the past in the past but every day on these forums, we witness vitriol been poured on the Yoruba people by hateful characters such as wilywily, metalgong, sonnybobo, etc. Also, there are always calls to address issues from the past from certain Igbo posters like Chosen04, OnlyTruth, Dede1. I feel it is necessary to correct any erroneous perceptions. You can not make a comment on some threads without being reminded about Awo's betrayal and Yoruba cowardice. My objective was to make visitors of these forums aware of some hidden truths from the civil war era. I believe I have succeeded in that.
Re: North Is Provoking Nigerians: Civil War Looms — Lam Adesina by revolt(m): 10:32pm On Jan 19, 2010
So the argument here is "we agree that genocide was committed by nigeria through , ol.wo. But biafrans also did their own too." instead of people on this forum to accept the wrongs of the past they trying to justify reasons. And we want one nigeria.
Re: North Is Provoking Nigerians: Civil War Looms — Lam Adesina by Eziachi: 11:17pm On Jan 19, 2010
Katsumoto:

Was it a simple conjecture that Zik was Ifeajuna's cousin? Was Zik not out of the country? Was that a coincidence? Ok, are you aware that Zik's personal physician left Zik in the caribbean because he ran out of funds and didn't understand why Zik took him along when Zik was perfectly healthy? Zik's excuse for leaving the country was that he wanted to rest as he wasn't physically fit. The constitutional crisis of 1965; was that a simple conjecture as well. Does it surprise you that a coup followed exactly one year after Zik was told about the limited powers he had as President?

You can choose to believe what you want. I have provided the information; let everyone make up their minds.

For the sake of the younger generation, both here and other places, you should stop repeating a bare faced lies, probably, you thought that if you kept saying it, it becomes the truth or a fact in the end.
For goodness sake, Azikiwe and Ifeajuna are not related by any means, let alone as close as being cousins. Where did you get this nonsense you kept repeating from?
Stop repeating this lie, I don't want to call you a liar as that will demean the objectivity of this civil discussion. If you don't have something to support an issue, don't just made something up and kept repeating them as fact.
The only relationship Azikiwe has with Ifeajuna, were that, they are both Igbo men like me and both hails from Onitsha. But please, Onitsha is a big kingdom of its own. Onitsha is grouped in "Ogbelle Ani" and Okwa-Odu " and these two men doesn't even come from the same of this groupings by any chance. So tell me, just because Abiola and Shonekan both, I will guess, came from Egba, does that make them relatives or even call them a cousin?
Re: North Is Provoking Nigerians: Civil War Looms — Lam Adesina by Katsumoto: 11:37pm On Jan 19, 2010
Eziachi:

For the sake of the younger generation, both here and other places, you should stop repeating a bare faced lies, probably, you thought that if you kept saying it, it becomes the truth or a fact in the end.
For goodness sake, Azikiwe and Ifeajuna are not related by any means, let alone as close as being cousins. Where did you get this nonsense you kept repeating from?
Stop repeating this lie, I don't want to call you a liar as that will demean the objectivity of this civil discussion. If you don't have something to support an issue, don't just made something up and kept repeating them as fact.
The only relationship Azikiwe has with Ifeajuna, were that, they are both Igbo men like me and both hails from Onitsha. But please, Onitsha is a big kingdom of its own. Onitsha is grouped in "Ogbelle Ani" and Okwa-Odu " and these two men doesn't even come from the same of this groupings by any chance. So tell me, just because Abiola and Shonekan both, I will guess, came from Egba, does that make them relatives or even call them a cousin?

The answer is that the problem with the January 1966 coup was that there were several factions within it. And different factions had different agendas. As Ojukwu has correctly observed, Nzeogwu was not the leader of the coup. Ifeajuna was the leader. The only reason Nzeogwu made the radio broadcast as an afterthought in Kaduna was because Ademoyega failed to do so in Lagos. While Nzeogwu was dreaming in Kaduna about who and what would be killed in Lagos, Ifeajuna had other ideas and contacts, including many civilians. Some prominent Igbo politicians (like Ajuluchukwu) have since confessed in Nigerian newspapers that even President Nnamdi Azikiwe was tipped off about the plot by his cousin Ifeajuna and that is why he was away from Nigeria – an odd absence for the President during the Commonwealth Prime-Ministers conference hosted by his country. Final decisions about who was to be killed or not killed were left to theater commanders in each region. Nzeogwu had no say outside the northern region.

http://www.nigerdeltacongress.com/oarticles/orizu_ironsi_and_1966.htm
Re: North Is Provoking Nigerians: Civil War Looms — Lam Adesina by Eziachi: 12:35am On Jan 20, 2010
@Katsumoto

Can you explain these policies, not during the war but well after the war?

1. Your property is given to others for free and you are made homeless (aka Abandoned property)
2. No matter what your deposit in the bank(Cash, Bonds, Shares, Jewelery)seized and given 20 Naira to go and die. (Where did this money go?)
3. A ban on importation of second hand clothing against people that have lost everything.
4. A ban placed on importation of stockfish (a known Igbo delicacy) immediatly the Red cross recommended it to help avert the ongoing malnutrition problem (Kwarshiokor).
5. Educational advantage region policy for University places (against the same people you calls, bunch of traders).

Which of this actions above, will you consider the actions of a friend? At this point, you are not trying to win any war.
And they are policies advocated, promoted and implemented by our so called southern brothers.

Therefore, South South should never listen or act based on any sort of encouragement by Lam Adesina, we did it 40 years ago and pay dearly for it. My father says that a man should never fall into the same hole twice, even without light.

Remember what happened during OBJ's Abuja conference of 2006? After the so-called south agreed in Enugu to unitedly go to Abuja conference and push for a 50% derivatives for crude oil, but when the time came, our Western brothers made a surprise 360 degrees change and supported the north pushing for only 17% to the surprise of the East and SS. And then the SS delegation walked out and Umaru Dikko calling them "Area men" a mockery of the notorious area boys criminals.

I am sure you remembers that, it only three years ago. This is not something that happened in the 60s or 70s. So it has become a pattern.
Re: North Is Provoking Nigerians: Civil War Looms — Lam Adesina by Eziachi: 12:43am On Jan 20, 2010
Katsumoto:

Stop avoiding the issues I raised. When you address the betrayal of your brothers and leaders first, then I will answer you. You don't deserve an answer yet. Keep focusing on Awo while ignoring the issues I raised.

For the avoidance of any doubt, let us say, we agreed with you about Igbos betrayal of Biafra, especially Azikiwe, you kept hammering, can you tell me hwo their betrayal, through their direct actions, utterance tipped the war for Nigeria or led to starvation of millions of women and children? Name all these Igbo sons and daughters you kept putting across and highlight individually what their actions were and the resultant effect of their actions. Lets kill this debate once and for all.
Re: North Is Provoking Nigerians: Civil War Looms — Lam Adesina by Eziachi: 1:01am On Jan 20, 2010
Katsumoto:

The answer is that the problem with the January 1966 coup was that there were several factions within it. And different factions had different agendas. As Ojukwu has correctly observed, Nzeogwu was not the leader of the coup. Ifeajuna was the leader. The only reason Nzeogwu made the radio broadcast as an afterthought in Kaduna was because Ademoyega failed to do so in Lagos. While Nzeogwu was dreaming in Kaduna about who and what would be killed in Lagos, Ifeajuna had other ideas and contacts, including many civilians. Some prominent Igbo politicians (like Ajuluchukwu) have since confessed in Nigerian newspapers that even President Nnamdi Azikiwe was tipped off about the plot by his cousin Ifeajuna and that is why he was away from Nigeria – an odd absence for the President during the Commonwealth Prime-Ministers conference hosted by his country. Final decisions about who was to be killed or not killed were left to theater commanders in each region. Nzeogwu had no say outside the northern region.

http://www.nigerdeltacongress.com/oarticles/orizu_ironsi_and_1966.htm

This is exactly my issue with you. I posted something calling on you to stop peddling false information or lies that Azikiwe is a cousin of Ifeajuna.
Instead of you to humbly say sorry, that you didn’t know, you just pretended that nothing happened and then jumped into another nonsense.

This time Ajuluchukwu is telling you. M.C.K Ajuluchukwu a prominent Igbo? Which planet are you living exactly?
What exactly makes this former secondary school teacher prominent until he became an unknown Anambra UPN governorship candidate in 1979?
Who is Ajuluchukwu during this period? I think you just wake up and start spreading a total nonsense and garbage. It shows how little you knew about Eastern or Igbo politics and it’s people but pretending that you do.
Re: North Is Provoking Nigerians: Civil War Looms — Lam Adesina by princekevo(m): 8:18am On Jan 20, 2010
Please Oga Admin. We understand and respect your veto power in decsion making here on NL. I Have been interested and following this peaceful historical debate.  But i am forced to ask why this topic was suddenly moved to foreign affairs? This is a vital historical issue abt Nigeria, pls can you tell us why it was moved to foreign affairs board where only international related issues are being dicsussed?
An answer to my question will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: North Is Provoking Nigerians: Civil War Looms — Lam Adesina by aloyemeka2: 12:20am On Jan 21, 2010
Interesting discussion. Kasumoto and Eziachi, please keep it coming. I am learning a lot.
Re: North Is Provoking Nigerians: Civil War Looms — Lam Adesina by Katsumoto: 1:01am On Jan 21, 2010
Seun & the Moderators

Even if this thread as run its course, it still should not have been moved here. This thread is not concerned with foreign affairs in any way. I am assuming that it was an error.
Re: North Is Provoking Nigerians: Civil War Looms — Lam Adesina by ezeagu(m): 1:41am On Jan 21, 2010
Katsumoto:

I am assuming that it was an [t]error.
Re: North Is Provoking Nigerians: Civil War Looms — Lam Adesina by harakiri(m): 4:36am On Jan 21, 2010
Provoking which Nigerians?Lam Adesina?Who be dis one sef?Una neva see anything.Dis na the genesis.When you westerners merrily supported the northerners against the easterners in the civil war, i bet you didn't see this coming now did ya? Obasanjo has been "paid" for his "civil war efforts".Na now una go see something.

Yeye tribalists!
Re: North Is Provoking Nigerians: Civil War Looms — Lam Adesina by princekevo(m): 6:04am On Jan 21, 2010
Please Oga Admin. We understand and respect your veto power in decsion making here on NL. I Have been interested and following this peaceful historical debate. But i am forced to ask why this topic was suddenly moved to foreign affairs?This is a vital historical issue abt Nigeria, pls can you tell us why it was moved to foreign affairs board where only international related issues are being dicsussed?
An answer to my question will be appreciated. Thanks

Even if this thread as run its course, it still should not have been moved here. This thread is not concerned with foreign affairs in any way. I am assuming that it was an error.
Re: North Is Provoking Nigerians: Civil War Looms — Lam Adesina by RichyBlacK(m): 8:27am On Jan 21, 2010
Katsumoto,

Does the military concept of "proportionality" mean any thing to you? If so, can you briefly explain it? Thanks.
Re: North Is Provoking Nigerians: Civil War Looms — Lam Adesina by chosen04(f): 7:42pm On Jan 21, 2010
Katsumoto:

I apologise to those who have to read this again; the lady asked me to re-produce the information again so that she can address them.
Chosen04, I copied and amalgated two earlier posts.

In case you miss the point of my message, I will spell it out again. Awo and Zik were leaders of the Yoruba and Igbo respectively. Awo initially had sympathies for the Biafran cause and made a CONDITIONAL statement that the Yoruba would leave if the Igbo were allowed to leave. He later acted against the Biafran cause (I believe he did not want to turn the West into a battleground); consequently, he was accused of duplicity by the Igbo.

Why did the Igbo elders tell their children and grand-children about Awo's betrayal but failed to mention the heroic acts of other Yoruba (Ayo Ariyo, Soyinka, Ayo Banjo, Ademulegun , etc) who supported the Biafran cause in one way or the other? Why did the elders also fail to tell their children that several of their Biafran sons fought against Biafra? There were several officers from the East who fought on the Nigerian side such as Brigadier Ekpo - COS, Brig. Ikwue, Ukpabi Asika, Alfred Diete-spiff, Jacob Esuene, etc. Easterners focus on Adekunle because he is a Yoruba man while they ignore that several of their sons fought against Biafra.

Apart from Aloy*Emeka, all the Igbo posters (RichyBlack, Choseno4, Naijaking, revolt, OnlyTruth) on this thread have refused to accept the information presented to them, instead they are rubbing their hands with glee and thanking Eziachi for providing information that further perpetuates Igbo innocence and Yoruba betrayal. It only proves the notion that the Igbo want to be victims and want to blame others for their problems. Well you may choose to ignore the information presented to you but everytime someone accuses the Yoruba of betrayal, I will remind them of the GREATER betrayal COMMITTED by sons of Biafra.

Katsumoto,

I have being trying to track this post.

Betrayal is a human nature which most people get involve in. Thus am not against the AWO, Adekunle and co for betrayal. Am against them for their "MIND-SET" of seeing Biafrans/Igbos as an ENEMY.
Am sure you must have been betrayed before by those you trusted, yet such people will never call you an "ENEMY". You must have also betrayed people yet you never saw them as an "ENEMY"

Calling somebody an enemy is like saying -"I will never forgive that person even when the event that created the process leading to the enemity is over". Called it extended hated and you are not wrong! (hope you still remember the difference b/w dislike & hate?)

Thus, when AWO called biafrans Enemies he was talking of the nation he will never forgive

"All is fair in war, and starvation is one of the weapons of war. I don't see why we should feed our enemies fat in order for them to fight harder." Chief Obafemi Awolowo (Nigerian Minister of Finance)

I wasnt surprised when AWO implemented his N20 policy cos its obvious he will never forget.

When Adekunle boosted about shoting even things that dont breath when they got into biafran territory. He further displayed the "MIND SET" that am talking about here.

=====================================================
Yet even in all provocation and tension. Ojukwu said:-

4. I do not need to remind you that Biafra regards all Yoruba as friends. As such everything should be done, to ensure the minimum force and loss of life are involved in achieving the objective of liberation.
Finally, Its the MINE-SET of "these people" that is fixed not necessarily the their actions. I will continue to speak against that mind-set. It same thing that is leading to religious crisis all over the nation 2day. Cos some people see others as "infidel"((enemy) who must be eliminated at all cos.
Re: North Is Provoking Nigerians: Civil War Looms — Lam Adesina by henry101(m): 8:37pm On Jan 21, 2010
@ katsumoto
4 christ sake, Zik and Ifeajuna were never cousins, bt they were from Onitsha.
Re: North Is Provoking Nigerians: Civil War Looms — Lam Adesina by revolt(m): 8:50pm On Jan 21, 2010
So whats the big deal about biafran saboteurs. Has anyone here said there were none. The truth is the damage done to the igbos was perpetuated by these people. Awo etc after all obj accepted biafras  surrnda yet he's not amongst the evil few. They did thinking we'd never rise. And they regretted. See how ken saro w. dyd lyk a , By the same dudes he sabotaged for.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mend Threatens Mtn, Sacoil / Rivers APC Opposes N9bn Loan For Wike / Pic Of Buhari And GMD NNPC After Their Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.