Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,546 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

North Is Provoking Nigerians: Civil War Looms — Lam Adesina - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Is Provoking Nigerians: Civil War Looms — Lam Adesina (6334 Views)

Rashida Bello Covers Vivian Lam Glamour Magazine / Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce / Tribunal Upholds Lam-Adesina And Olugbemi’s Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North Is Provoking Nigerians: Civil War Looms — Lam Adesina by emema1: 8:06am On Feb 12, 2011
The average yuroba person is a coward.Bring ten yuroba men to me,and i will show you eight cowards standing.When you have ten of them standing behind you shouting war!!! please plan your war with only one person in mind,that is yourself.But if one or two join you,take it as added advantage to your plan.Never plan with them in mind because i promise you they will always fail you.It is in their DNA to be cowards,so you can't expect them to work against their nature.
Let Lam Adesina stop fooling himself shouting civil war looms,if they wants to fight civil war with the north,they should go ahead and fight it themselves,not shouting to instigate other tribes.The greatest mistake OJUKWU made is to think that BIAFRA had the West behind them.
Please Adesina, we(Eastern Nigeria) have fought the Biafra war without your help,go and fight your war yourself and stop shouting to instigate other people.

1 Like

Re: North Is Provoking Nigerians: Civil War Looms — Lam Adesina by oduasolja: 5:36pm On Jun 29, 2012
eme m.a:
The average yuroba person is a coward.Bring ten yuroba men to me,and i will show you eight cowards standing.When you have ten of them standing behind you shouting war!!! please plan your war with only one person in mind,that is yourself.But if one or two join you,take it as added advantage to your plan.Never plan with them in mind because i promise you they will always fail you.It is in their DNA to be cowards,so you can't expect them to work against their nature.
Let Lam Adesina stop fooling himself shouting civil war looms,if they wants to fight civil war with the north,they should go ahead and fight it themselves,not shouting to instigate other tribes.The greatest mistake OJUKWU made is to think that BIAFRA had the West behind them.
Please Adesina, we(Eastern Nigeria) have fought the Biafra war without your help,go and fight your war yourself and stop shouting to instigate other people.

YOU ARE A THEIF .
Re: North Is Provoking Nigerians: Civil War Looms — Lam Adesina by dafman10(m): 6:07pm On Jun 29, 2012
oduasolja:

YOU ARE A THEIF .

lol. Is dat all u could do to respond 2d 'cowards' labelling of d Yorubas'? I wan laf tia bele o. NL NO GO KIL PESIN.
Re: North Is Provoking Nigerians: Civil War Looms — Lam Adesina by omonnakoda: 10:40pm On May 05, 2020
Eziachi:
My father was a member of that house/the youngest (Eastern House of Parliament).  And as  someone privy to vital information at the time, my father told me that many of them in the house knew about Biafra ahead of  Ojukwu or before they invited Ojukwu to tell him what they have decided and they will like him to lead until a full fledge republic is settled and then election will be held. Because, some wanted Michael Okpara to be the first Prime minister of Biafra and Chief Kogbara from Ijaw his deputy, but them eventually settle for a military person in view of a possible attack.  They have even chosen the name Biafra before Ojukwu was privy to it. The name Biafra was chosen/suggested by Chief  Kemte Giadom (A in Ijaw man).  Kemte Giadom was the NPP gubernatorial candidate in the old Rivers state, defeated by the most narrowest margin by Chief Melford Okilo (NPN) in 1979.

The reason I am recalling the above was because the ongoing discussion regarding Awolowo's pre-Biafran secession statement.  His statement is not the reason the East seceded but at that time, it was a big boos. call it catalyst that inspired Biafran politicians to push ahead. When Nigeria eventually declared war on Biafra, my two brothers were among the first battalion that were quickly drafted to the infamous Ore and I missed it because I was separated from them and was drafted to Abudu/Ogoja sector.

But I can tell for a fact that, the battalion that went to Ore were briefed that, based on information available to Biafran highest chain of command, that the West (Yoruba) will declare their own independent in a matter of days and they will likely to be attacked by the northern forces, who now dominated the Nigerian military force after Eastern officers left. In addition, all the big commands/armouries are still in Lagos, all under the northern commanders.

Therefore, the idea is to match toward the west to help defend them in the event of reprisal attack by the north.  It is always heart breaking when you heard young people today, especially those from the west been fed an unforgiving lies that Yoruba joined the war when Biafra decided to invade Yoruba land.  Therefore, when the West did the opposite of our expectation, it was not only a shock but a complete overhaul of Biafran plans. However, we were determined to leave union with or without the West but again we made another fatal mistake of thinking that Britain would not be involved directly with arming Nigeria.
We knew they will support the anything with the north, not to the extent of their involvement, even working hand in hand with Egypt they fought a couple of years earlier for the Suez Canal.

These are the fact of the matter, that the venom, our western brothers pursued the war was a shock, not only to Biafran big high and mighty but to ordinary everyday folks in the East. The direct actions/pronouncements of the likes of Awo, Adekunle, Obasanjo during and after the war,  till today,  confusing to many Biafrans citizens
Because the question on everybody’s lips was, was, why? why? Why? Because until that moment, we have no history of any known conflict between the two regions apart from normal tiffs among politicians and then we heard Adekunle on our small transistor radio through the BBC world service  boasting that when he matched to the east, he will kill not only things that move but things that doesn't move.  Therefore, he did!

He is not one of the so-called northerners, our perceived enemies; he is one of us, a southerner. What was our crime to them before the war?
Giadom was not Ijaw

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Is The Most Popular Person In Nigeria? / 12 Persons Arrested With 1 Million Presidential Election Ballot Papers! / Kano Destroys 42,000 Bottles Of Alcoholic Drinks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.