Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,187 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments (39693 Views)

See The Number Of Months, Abia Workers Are Owed Salaries By Ikpeazu. / Buhari Approves Payment Of Outstanding Paris Club Refund / N80b Salary Debt: Akeredolu Begs Ondo Workers To Waive Outstanding Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments by smileyoo: 12:15pm On Jun 07, 2017
i knew that enugu state 'll be there. that state is so unlucky with governors. all these governors with protruding tommies, eeh fear them.

1 Like

Re: Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments by mayoor15(m): 12:18pm On Jun 07, 2017
seun, lalasticlala please take down this false story, it's a matter of national urgency, a forum like this shouldn't be publicizing fake stories. Thank you
Re: Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments by fetrillion(m): 12:18pm On Jun 07, 2017
Compliance:

Abeg wake up, aregbesola is not owing less than 11 months salary, dude has been paying half salary for more than 2 years. That report is trash. Why should we be deceiving ourselves na?
I was just laughing wen i saw report considering d years aregbesola had been paying half salaries...he had been paying half salaries since 2015...n he's yet to ofset those debt...d report there is a mere propaganda... op sud conduct his research well.Osun teachers are really suffering
Re: Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments by fetrillion(m): 12:20pm On Jun 07, 2017
Compliance:

Abeg wake up. aregbesola is not owing less than 11 months salary, dude has been paying half salary for more than 2 years. That report is trash. Why should we be deceiving ourselves na?
I was just laughing wen i saw d report considering d years aregbesola had been paying half salaries...he had been paying half salaries since 2015...n he's yet to ofset those debt...d report there is a mere propaganda... op sud conduct his research well.Osun teachers are dying of hunger

2 Likes

Re: Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments by noscarn91(m): 12:20pm On Jun 07, 2017
eyeview:

That excuse does not hold water anymore. Look for another one.
Obj received from abdulsalaam just 10% of what Buhari received from GEJ, yet there was no recession.
Also, was GEJ not the president of those states like anambra who never collected bail out fund and yet,not owing anybody?

Let me educate you son, what we have here is a result of mismanagement by the state governors.
2, Lack of fear of sanctions from the federal by the state governors. I loved PDP for one thing, if as a state governor, you start embezzling to the extent thst you can't pay your people's salaries and pensions, from Abuja they will start shopping for your replacement. Ask mbadinuju, Sylva, Ohakim etc. You won't get second tenure. But that is lacking in APC where the governors can collect bail out funds and ship it abroad and no presidency will bother. And APC sadly can't sanction them because they don't want you lose an important figure like a governor. On a normal day, nobody should give Yahaya Bello a return ticket, but APC will despite his failures.
Thirdly, the greed level of the present crop of politicians in APC is unprecedented. A crop that can siphon the whole Paris fund while the huge outstanding workers debt still persist. No conscience among them.
God bless you bro, it's good to educate these people sometimes, they always give their stupid opinions without doing proper research
Re: Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments by vantage001: 12:22pm On Jun 07, 2017
I am not from Ebonyi, but that is my favorite south-eastern state. Unrivaled potential and the food basket of the igbo nation.

1 Like

Re: Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments by edoyad(m): 12:24pm On Jun 07, 2017
Benue and Kogi states are cursed with the most politicians in this country. Those people can cause genocide if given control of a country .
Funny thing is that the ugly governor of Benue actually traveled to Rivers state to campaign against Wike during a campaign.
Re: Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments by obayaya(m): 12:30pm On Jun 07, 2017
coolcatty:
Anambra and Ebonyi are the most viable state in the SE now....lovely.

Kudos to Aregbesola for offsetting 90% of his former debts....I'm very impressed with how he has managed to make his workers happy.

Imagine delta and bayelsa states....shame...bayelsa that is not as big as alimosho lga interms of population dey owe sef??

Osun state pays only 50% of salaries since 2015..

So, In the real sense, Osun is owing 12 months

3 Likes

Re: Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments by obayaya(m): 12:33pm On Jun 07, 2017
Brugge:
I am impressed with Osun, how did Oni gbese one of Nigeria managed to clear it? That guy has my respect.

He's been paying half salaries since 2015..

Check the legend..

*** applies to osun

1 Like

Re: Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments by Omonigeriarere: 12:33pm On Jun 07, 2017
eyeview:
Most of the failed states are APC states. Very sad.

You mean Abia, Bayelsa, Delta, Ekiti who top the chat are controlled by APC?

Change your monicker to 'eyeblind' instead of 'eyeview' cos you need eyes surgery.
Re: Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments by monerozi5590: 12:33pm On Jun 07, 2017
God bless Northern Governors.
Re: Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments by Bigii(m): 12:36pm On Jun 07, 2017
Kathmandu:
Why should Bayelsa owe Salary when Ebonyi and Yobe are not owing undecided

There is problem

They got a responsible and sincere Governor. Even Borno and Bauchi States are not owing.

like it or not, Hausa/Fulanis are more sincere than our thiefing christians governors.

1 Like

Re: Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments by Omonigeriarere: 12:36pm On Jun 07, 2017
ocelot2006:

How did GEJ put us in this mess? Was he part of the 15+ million that voted in these present incompetent morons? Are you not part of those that demanded for "change"? Well, here is "change".

U can't blame him cos even FG, under GEJ borrow to pay FG staff while he blew away reserve and ECA money to bid for his second term ambition
Re: Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments by Omonigeriarere: 12:38pm On Jun 07, 2017
[s][quote author=Ujahp99 post=57278722][/quote][/s]

U mean the same FG that was borrowing to pay its staff till the end of its tenure?
Re: Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments by EmpressEnnie(f): 12:39pm On Jun 07, 2017
Iffa hear say osun no owe salary...what of d 22 half salaries he owe my marle

1 Like

Re: Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments by bkool7(m): 12:44pm On Jun 07, 2017
eyeview:

Obj received from abdulsalaam just 10% of what Buhari received from GEJ, yet there was no recession.
Also, was GEJ not the president of those states like anambra who never collected bail out fund and yet,not owing anybody?

Let me educate you son, what we have here is a result of mismanagement by the state governors.
2, Lack of fear of sanctions from the federal by the state governors. I loved PDP for one thing, if as a state governor, you start embezzling to the extent thst you can't pay your people's salaries and pensions, from Abuja they will start shopping for your replacement. Ask mbadinuju, Sylva, Ohakim etc. You won't get second tenure. But that is lacking in APC where the governors can collect bail out funds and ship it abroad and no presidency will bother. And APC sadly can't sanction them because they don't want you lose an important figure like a governor. On a normal day, nobody should give Yahaya Bello a return ticket, but APC will despite his failures.
Thirdly, the greed level of the present crop of politicians in APC is unprecedented. A crop that can siphon the whole Paris fund while the huge outstanding workers debt still persist. No conscience among them.

Are you talking about why. some states are owing or why Nigeria is in a recession ?
If its recession , We all know why our currency is so weak and why we are in recession is that Nigeria is a consuming nation that doesn't much but only rely on crude oil as foriegn exchange earner .
So when the power to earn foriegn exchange is down to less than half , what follows is recession .
If this recession is avoidable , in 2014 the minister of finance won't. tell us to prepare for it.

premiumtimesng.com/business/171145-brace-tougher-times-ahead-okonjo-iweala-tells-nigerians.html

The govt was already in a recession when Buhari came but sadly he lacked the expert knowledge to make the citizens avoid it .

And Pdp replaces only governors that don't play ball. why wasn't Theodore Orji replaced . This new set of Pdp governors are only doing something because the party is in opposition and they want to please the people .

Its this recession that exposed the laxity of. our governors . Those sates that are not owing only faired because they have abundant resources
Re: Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments by tutudesz: 12:44pm On Jun 07, 2017
oshe11:
Anambra, Akwa Ibom, Borno, Croas River, Ebonyi, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Lagos, Ogun, Plateu, Sokoto and Yobe no be human beings be dia governor?

Chai......

I shame for DELTA
Brother Shame Na understatement! I die 4 this matter imagine some small small they pay salaries! Make that idiot no even print posters 4 election!
Re: Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments by pawesome(m): 12:49pm On Jun 07, 2017
Kogi d lik say dem swear fr dem
Re: Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments by bkool7(m): 12:51pm On Jun 07, 2017
EmpressEnnie:
Iffa hear say osun no owe salary...what of d 22 half salaries he owe my marle

chai !
Propaganda
the half salaries are not 22 months o
Osun state had been paying full salary since Last year
Re: Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments by EmpressEnnie(f): 12:56pm On Jun 07, 2017
bkool7:

chai !
Propaganda
the half salaries are not 22 months o
Osun state had been paying full salary since Last year
we re in d middle of dis..he paid half salaries up till last mnth,my mum teaches nd i knw what m talking about.i bet dt what u r sayn is based on hearsay...get ur facts ryt mr man!

1 Like

Re: Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments by fatiaforreal: 12:59pm On Jun 07, 2017
Omofunaab2:
Ogun state despite its huge workforce is not owing, unlike some states that can't even pay minimum wage.

Ogun state no be their mate

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/anambra-nlc-demands-full-implementation-of-minimum-wage/
Ogun state IGR at the last count was more than the whole of SE.
Re: Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments by ebenholer(m): 1:01pm On Jun 07, 2017
coolcatty:
Anambra and Ebonyi are the most viable state in the SE now....lovely.

Kudos to Aregbesola for offsetting 90% of his former debts....I'm very impressed with how he has managed to make his workers happy.

Imagine delta and bayelsa states....shame...bayelsa that is not as big as alimosho lga interms of population dey owe sef??
I don't think you need to praise Osun State Governor who has played on his workers intelligence by reducing their pays into half. Inquire from d workers if he had been fair to tgem

1 Like

Re: Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments by Vado(m): 1:02pm On Jun 07, 2017
Rubbish list. Kwara zero figure when my mom (a teacher) is being owned nothing less than 7 months salary. Abeg there is nothing like true statistics in Nigeria.
Re: Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments by iyrojc(m): 1:03pm On Jun 07, 2017
eyeview:

God bless you. Not only Yahaya Bello. Obaseki of Edo state with his record should not be Governor.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments by Oladokun78: 1:07pm On Jun 07, 2017
huge lie
eyeview:
Most of the failed states are APC states. Very sad.
Re: Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments by darlenese(f): 1:09pm On Jun 07, 2017
may God punish Okowa. the chief of patch patch road.Ole.

Abeg Kogi state get governor?
Re: Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments by Oladokun78: 1:11pm On Jun 07, 2017
no that is not true. obasanjo came in when there was an oil boom. do you know what that means? the price per barrel which is the only thing we have in nigeria was very huge at that time. now when buhari came in, everything has been looted, the country should have regained itself but guess what the oil market had crashed. countries producing oil have low demand and excess supply. oil per barrel fell as low as 30dollars per barrel. GEJ and Obasanjo enjoyed over 100dollars per barrel. so tell me, buhari and cbn suppose do magic abi?
iyrojc:

God bless you. Not only Yahaya Bello. Obaseki of Edo state with his record should not be Governor.
Re: Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments by newslifeop: 1:12pm On Jun 07, 2017
Ha
Re: Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments by Godsp4k(m): 1:13pm On Jun 07, 2017
Kathmandu:
Why should Bayelsa owe Salary when Ebonyi and Yobe are not owing undecided

There is problem
My sister it is very terrible ooo
Re: Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments by ocelot2006(m): 1:13pm On Jun 07, 2017
Omonigeriarere:

U can't blame him cos even FG, under GEJ borrow to pay FG staff while he blew away reserve and ECA money to bid for his second term ambition

He blew the ECA money? Bros easy na. Have you forgotten that it was your present Minister of Darkness (Fashola) and the Ubime man who "hates" money (Amaechi) that funds from the excess crude account be shared among the states? Same people who sued the GEJ administration to court.

Btw this is about STATES and the monthly wages owed their workers, NOT Federal. So I don't see the link btw this post and GEJ in the first place.
Re: Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments by Oladokun78: 1:14pm On Jun 07, 2017
thank you o. tenure that was borrowing to clear loans. people are not free thinkers. how can you borrow to pay debt for years even when the country was making a lot from oil
Omonigeriarere:
[s][/s]

U mean the same FG that was borrowing to pay its staff till the end of its tenure?
Re: Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments by Oladokun78: 1:16pm On Jun 07, 2017
for oyo state, yes. infact some are owed 3 months. they have received for march
Kobicove:
Are these figures reliable?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos Of Buhari, Dangote & Sanwo-Olu In Lagos / Maria Ude Nwachi To Sell The SUV Gifted To Her By The Governor / INEC Declares APC’s Oyebanji Winner Of Ekiti Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.