Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. (40566 Views)

Is My Dad Trying To Have An Extramarital Affair? / Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? / My Dad Cheated On My Mum Before She Died And He's Still Doing It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by rosalieene(f): 5:58pm On Jun 11, 2017
Tedassie:
You're welcome,ejima smiley

Lol...that's a 30million naira question o
am all ears
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by sorextee(m): 6:06pm On Jun 11, 2017
Hi. Can we be frnds?

rosalieene:

thanks buh hmmmmm do I know you
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by sorextee(m): 6:09pm On Jun 11, 2017
Also install games for him, as I said eArlier.. If hes a scrabble person, download am join.. But i know candy crush will keep him occupied, cos its an addictive game..

DY20:

Thanks man.

I actually don't hate my dad, I love him and in fact, I am his favourite.

We talk very much too and he enjoys having conversation with me.

The best type of conversation he likes having with me is when I feed him with new trends and news, so that he can use the information to win arguments with his friends.

You know I can't talk with him all the time and that's exactly what he wanted. He's not like that until he got sick which made him paralyse for sometime. He want to continue working after he recovered but me and my siblings refused, forcing him to retire.

That's when it began, but I know I'm not the first person experiencing this. I just need someone to tell me how to cope, (maybe there is something I'm not doing).

So after reading people's comments, I just ignore the emotional ones and pick from ones that know exactly what I'm saying and thank God; I got some.

I'm thinking of buying him an Android phone, or a laptop and teach him how to get information and use it for entertainment too. In fact, I'll let him know A-Z of the benefits of smartphone.

And for those thinking my English is bad, I'm not just concentrating because of my mood. If you think I do not need concentration to write a good English, let me remind you that English is not my native language.

Thanks for the comment.

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Tedassie(m): 6:43pm On Jun 11, 2017
rosalieene:

am all ears
Cool...lets go private then,if you will?? Don't wanna derail a lovely thread smiley
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Johnsown1(m): 6:55pm On Jun 11, 2017
toprealman:
Late teen at most.

Yea
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:04pm On Jun 11, 2017
IamGodsGrace:

Lmao. If laugh no keel me 2dai, then no be laugh go keel me. Hi Jamez. M new here... Don't know how to do all the dm stuff just yet. Can we get talking outside Naira land?

Send me an email jeffreyjamez@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by LoveJesus87(m): 8:17pm On Jun 11, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

You no go die better death
Ooni kuure grin
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by LoveJesus87(m): 8:19pm On Jun 11, 2017
sexybbstar:
My maternal grandfather too is like that and my mum and her siblings always dread his visit. Even I as the grand daughter don't enjoy the home during his visit. Cook beans for him(wahala), cook rice (wahala), prepare amala(problem).. Give him pounced yam(u are the best). He would tell everyone when he returns home how you prepared rice for him instead of pounded yam(he can eat it 3 times daily for the rest of his life). He can travel from one state to another to visit another child and relate the story of how u cooked rice for him. One of his daughter in law made a big mistake by preparing bread nd tea, I swear if he's a journalist it would be all over the newspapers.
Secrecy is not in his dictionary... He would tell everyone how the husband of his daughter hasn't bought a car for her.... Nonsense all through Sha.

He's not even caring... Whenever he's coming to to visit, he would keep a small cane in his bag incase my siblings misbehave(can u imagine)

But grandma is a total opposite of him(the best grandma in the world)
Ehya smiley
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by bravesoul247(m): 9:02pm On Jun 11, 2017
JeffreyJamez:
Op do exactly as I say.

When he starts to talk just say "Dad?"....when he answers , you now yell." CAN YOU PLEASE!! FOR ONCE!! SHUT...THE....FVCK....UP..FOR JUST 5 MINUTES!!... PLEASE!! CAN YOU DO THAT?!!!".

now there are 2 outcomes to this, he's either shocked and keeps quiet for days ...or

You'll be in a body bag! grin
this is the most funny comment I've ever fucking read. You no just welcome guy.
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Gorgeous1guy(m): 9:06pm On Jun 11, 2017
You have obviously inherited his "gene" by bringing this issue here.
Just wait till your dad is no more and then....only den will u realise the importance of his words wh seem nonsensical to you now.

This is the disrespect of the highest order an offspring can throw at his parent... Sick and reprobate mind!
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Sterope(f): 9:21pm On Jun 11, 2017
There are people who talk too much. It is not an insult. It is a weakness, a personality trait. It is who they are and it can be very annoying.

Becoming a father will not stop one from being a talkative.

lade007:
I don't know what this world is turning to. Your father talks too much? Children of these days self. I am sure you think he talks too much because you are still a kid and don't recognise the impact of his talks yet. When you grow a little bit older, you will have an understanding and the impact of what he is doing to you guys. My own advise is that you should enjoy the whole of it now, give him the attention he needs and be wise. The wisdom you need to grow up are tied around those words and not the social media that has engulfed and beclouded your view. I pray God helps you

My 100 Naira
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by rosalieene(f): 11:03pm On Jun 11, 2017
sorextee:
Hi. Can we be frnds?
issorite
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by rosalieene(f): 11:04pm On Jun 11, 2017
Tedassie:

Cool...lets go private then,if you will?? Don't wanna derail a lovely thread smiley
issorite
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by sammypet: 11:04pm On Jun 11, 2017
Let him leave home for awhile. And also visits his friends. Also pray for him always. And call his attention to it.
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Burgerlomo: 12:42am On Jun 12, 2017
Check this out it might help.

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by hisMrs(f): 8:55am On Jun 12, 2017
DY20:
Hi Nairalanders!

"My dad talks too much" and by saying too much I did not mean he's crazy or something, I mean he talks sensible thing for an absurd long period of time.

Let me use 5 out of million of scenario to define my case.

1. Anytime the family is complete inside the house, and everyone is quiet; busy with something, I browsing on my phone, my little brother playing video game, my sister using beads, mum watching TV and my dad? Talking. When it is very obvious that no one cares to listen, he continue talking.

2. If any of my friends came to visit me, they will become my dad's guest. From the very first moment they say "Good morning" to him, he started talking, asking them questions, essp about their work, school, and talking about his own life too. Like what is happening now, I can see awkward smile on their face as they listen but just don't want to walk away leaving him embarrassed.

3. One day, I was chatting with girlfriend till late in the night, he woke up and say a light in the male children's room, he came in and started accusing me of internet fraud. We talked and talked till we settle it at dawn. From 2 to 4.30. In the morning, my dad started the topic with my mum again.

4. He talks every seconds when he is in the house or when anyone is with him.

5. He make anyone he saw with me (or any of my siblings) to introduce themselves. Indoor or outdoor.

I don't usually talk about my family affair with people but nobody knows me here or my dad.

I just want to know how to handle situation like this because I've started thinking of leaving the house. Maybe I'll learn to accept him when I don't see him everyday.

See? He is starting already... continues to talk when I'm not even looking at him.
. My dear u just have to live with it till u move out o. My mum too is like that.
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by janvier27(m): 11:42am On Jun 15, 2017
Ishilove:

So sorry, hon. Many times we don't appreciate what we have till it's gone.

Oh yes. Many thanks.
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Iscoalarcon: 10:17pm On Sep 14, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:
Cover his mouth with an adhesive!!

or

Fart whenever he is talking. He will surely run for cover.
in mama peace voice Chaiiiiiii grin gringringringrin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

What I Experienced In My Friend's House. / My 5 yr old Cousin Behaves like Ancestor / Things That Are Better Than Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.