Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. (40565 Views)

Is My Dad Trying To Have An Extramarital Affair? / Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? / My Dad Cheated On My Mum Before She Died And He's Still Doing It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Drversatile: 9:31am On Jun 11, 2017
OLUJOSHINS:
I can literally sell my soul just to have a chat with my father again. & U are here nagging that He talks too much.

Just remember that it was this over talking attitude of His that has been providing food on Ur table from the day U were born. He clothed U with this same attitude. Paid Ur school fees 3 times in a year for over 12 years with this same attitude. Provided so much room in a house to the extent if giving U a boys room with this same attitude.

Until the day U start feed more than one mouth 3 times daily, Pls stop harbouring this childish attitude towards Him.

HE is the greatest man U will ever know.
I can't agree less

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by kceewhyte(m): 9:35am On Jun 11, 2017
JeffreyJamez:
Op do exactly as I say.

When he starts to talk just say "Dad?"....when he answers , you now yell." CAN YOU PLEASE!! FOR ONCE!! SHUT...THE....FVCK....UP..FOR JUST 5 MINUTES!!... PLEASE!! CAN YOU DO THAT?!!!".

now there are 2 outcomes to this, he's either shocked and keeps quiet for days ...or

You'll be in a body bag! grin
savagery grin
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by peculiar32(f): 9:37am On Jun 11, 2017
I wish I had a dad that talks too much at least his presence would mean a lot to him. I miss my dad

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by HolyTitus(m): 9:38am On Jun 11, 2017
It's a sign of old age brother; why not cherish your old man why he's still alive now ??!!

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by chykes5000(m): 9:42am On Jun 11, 2017
DY20:
Hi Nairalanders!

"My dad talks too much" and by saying too much I did not mean he's crazy or something, I mean he talks sensible thing for an absurd long period of time.

Let me use 5 out of million of scenario to define my case.

1. Anytime the family is complete inside the house, and everyone is quiet; busy with something, I browsing on my phone, my little brother playing video game, my sister using beads, mum watching TV and my dad? Talking. When it is very obvious that no one cares to listen, he continue talking.

2. If any of my friends came to visit me, they will become my dad's guest. From the very first moment they say "Good morning" to him, he started talking, asking them questions, essp about their work, school, and talking about his own life too. Like what is happening now, I can see awkward smile on their face as they listen but just don't want to walk away leaving him embarrassed.

3. One day, I was chatting with girlfriend till late in the night, he woke up and say a light in the male children's room, he came in and started accusing me of internet fraud. We talked and talked till we settle it at dawn. From 2 to 4.30. In the morning, my dad started the topic with my mum again.

4. He talks every seconds when he is in the house or when anyone is with him.

5. He make anyone he saw with me (or any of my siblings) to introduce themselves. Indoor or outdoor.

I don't usually talk about my family affair with people but nobody knows me here or my dad.

I just want to know how to handle situation like this because I've started thinking of leaving the house. Maybe I'll learn to accept him when I don't see him everyday.

See? He is starting already... continues to talk when I'm not even looking at him.
Be patient with him, it's a sign of old age

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Ishilove: 9:50am On Jun 11, 2017
janvier27:
I used to worry that my dad disturbed too much anytime I was on a trip. If he knew I was travelling, he would call severally & monitor till I reached my destination. That used to be so disturbing and annoying. Now i recall my first trip after he passed on. No one called me. I wept. I still do.
So sorry, hon. Many times we don't appreciate what we have till it's gone.
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by jaychubi: 9:55am On Jun 11, 2017
DY20:
Hi Nairalanders!

"My dad talks too much" and by saying too much I did not mean he's crazy or something, I mean he talks sensible thing for an absurd long period of time.

1. Anytime the family is complete inside the house, and everyone is quiet; busy with something, I browsing on my phone, my little brother playing video game, my sister using beads, mum watching TV and my dad? Talking. When it is very obvious that no one cares to listen, he continue talking.

2. If any of my friends came to visit me, they will become my dad's guest. From the very first moment they say "Good morning" to him, he started talking, asking them questions, essp about their work, school, and talking about his own life too. Like what is happening now, I can see awkward smile on their face as they listen but just don't want to walk away leaving him embarrassed.

3. One day, I was chatting with girlfriend till late in the night, he woke up and say a light in the male children's room, he came in and started accusing me of internet fraud. We talked and talked till we settle it at dawn. From 2 to 4.30. In the morning, my dad started the topic with my mum again.

5. He make anyone he saw with me (or any of my siblings) to introduce themselves. Indoor or outdoor.

I don't usually talk about my family affair with people but nobody knows me here or my dad.

I just want to know how to handle situation like this because I've started thinking of leaving the house. Maybe I'll learn to accept him when I don't see him everyday.

See? He is starting already... continues to talk when I'm not even looking at him.

endure until u r man enough to start ur own life. we cant ve two captains inthe same ship. by the way u cant be making midnight calls to ur gf from 1;30am to 4;30am dts a no no to me n tells me u r a teenager who cant afford airtime, if i were ur father dt alone will earn u a dirty slap but d old man tolerated u n u r still ranting like a boy dt lacked home training

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by dadebayo1(m): 10:00am On Jun 11, 2017
sexybbstar:

Where do u come from... We may be related tho

Ekiti Oyo grin
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Threebear(m): 10:00am On Jun 11, 2017
JeffreyJamez:
Op do exactly as I say.

When he starts to talk just say "Dad?"....when he answers , you now yell." CAN YOU PLEASE!! FOR ONCE!! SHUT...THE....FVCK....UP..FOR JUST 5 MINUTES!!... PLEASE!! CAN YOU DO THAT?!!!".

now there are 2 outcomes to this, he's either shocked and keeps quiet for days ...or

LMAO
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by MNDY(m): 10:54am On Jun 11, 2017
Believe you me, pride is what makes most people do it. I had a friend in school who was very annoying with that loqacious attitude.
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by davo90tico(m): 10:59am On Jun 11, 2017
many people are looking for their fathers to talk and u are complaining that he is talking too much. the time he hardly says any words or can't u will know what u have. I used to be like u when my dad died I started to miss his shouts, his encroaching on my privacy, his talking about everything, his wanting to be in every conversation. You still have a chance spend time with ur dad now that u have the chance pls. a word is enough for the wise
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Nobody: 11:09am On Jun 11, 2017
guy ur dad doesn't talk as much as my mum ooo,sometimes i feel lyk dyin/runnin cause of 2 much talk.my brothers r both married n dey hardly com visitin cus of my mum's talk
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by PeacenLove2: 11:10am On Jun 11, 2017
DY20:
Hi Nairalanders!

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Dude, no two people are the same. Learn to accept your dad, find humour in it by all means. Let him even know he would win a talking competition anytime anyday. This life is not forever. Those who have lost their dads would wish they were still here chit-chatting away. Let's learn to tolerate each other and enjoy the time we have been gracefully blessed with. Regards to your dad. I have people like him in my life, though trying but we have to accept them. We have our own shortcomings too yet they tolerate us. Enjoy.
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Codyt(m): 11:23am On Jun 11, 2017
DY20:

LMAO grin grin
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Idaraobong5(f): 11:44am On Jun 11, 2017
I just wish I have a father... It wouldn't matter if he talks much or not

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Alennsar(f): 11:48am On Jun 11, 2017
feelgoodInc:
your dad is getting old and is giving up on life,
Try to buy him a newspaper or buy him a radio to keep him company, sometimes he just needs someone to talk to, so do the needful and stop staring at the phone ask him what the problem is.

tank God we still have reasonable people here.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by wadetaw202: 11:52am On Jun 11, 2017
baby124:

Not true. I have sat with a child of 8 who talked too much. An adult in their 30's who talked too much. Not talking too much is a sign of restraint and wisdom. Hope you gather sense before your old age so people don't run from you

Looks like you've already lost your senses and can never regain it back in your old age and for the rest of your life. If not, you will know that talking too much and several other childish, annoying behaviors are symptoms of old age.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by doskie(m): 12:12pm On Jun 11, 2017
Ishilove:
I don't see what the problem is... He's your father. If you are not used to him by now then when will you be used to him? Is it when he has gone to a place where you can't reach him?

If you feel embarrassed about how he relates with your friends then keep them away from your home. Simple.

Some have shoes, but have no legs, some have legs, but have no shoes. Meanwhile those that have legs and shoes are complaining about the shoes.

Enjoy him while you can because there are many out there who will give almost anything to have a father.
its true. one day he will miss that talk. most older men who where socialites as youths talk like that.
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by rosalieene(f): 12:19pm On Jun 11, 2017
Tedassie:
Hi twinnie...nice dp kiss
thanks buh hmmmmm do I know you
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by lakes99: 12:32pm On Jun 11, 2017
JeffreyJamez:
Op do exactly as I say.

Lol grin grin grin grin grin

You are wicked...... No 2 will definitely be the outcome grin grin grin
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by salesforce: 2:01pm On Jun 11, 2017
Lock his mouth
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by DY20: 2:10pm On Jun 11, 2017
Taitai2000:
The op was only asking for how to cope with his father's talking, just tell him how to go about it instead of accusing him of not appreciating him till he's gone... Nigerians can never give you a piece of advice without being emotional about it
Thanks man.

I actually don't hate my dad, I love him and in fact, I am his favourite.

We talk very much too and he enjoys having conversation with me.

The best type of conversation he likes having with me is when I feed him with new trends and news, so that he can use the information to win arguments with his friends.

You know I can't talk with him all the time and that's exactly what he wanted. He's not like that until he got sick which made him paralyse for sometime. He want to continue working after he recovered but me and my siblings refused, forcing him to retire.

That's when it began, but I know I'm not the first person experiencing this. I just need someone to tell me how to cope, (maybe there is something I'm not doing).

So after reading people's comments, I just ignore the emotional ones and pick from ones that know exactly what I'm saying and thank God; I got some.

I'm thinking of buying him an Android phone, or a laptop and teach him how to get information and use it for entertainment too. In fact, I'll let him know A-Z of the benefits of smartphone.

And for those thinking my English is bad, I'm not just concentrating because of my mood. If you think I do not need concentration to write a good English, let me remind you that English is not my native language.

Thanks for the comment.
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Sehindemi(f): 2:31pm On Jun 11, 2017
Ishilove:
I don't see what the problem is... He's your father. If you are not used to him by now then when will you be used to him? Is it when he has gone to a place where you can't reach him?

If you feel embarrassed about how he relates with your friends then keep them away from your home. Simple.

Some have shoes, but have no legs, some have legs, but have no shoes. Meanwhile those that have legs and shoes are complaining about the shoes.

Enjoy him while you can because there are many out there who will give almost anything to have a father.
God bless you!

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Ishilove: 2:36pm On Jun 11, 2017
Sehindemi:

God bless you!
And you too!
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Tedassie(m): 2:48pm On Jun 11, 2017
rosalieene:

thanks buh hmmmmm do I know you
You're welcome,ejima smiley

Lol...that's a 30million naira question o
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Krystalzkris(f): 2:55pm On Jun 11, 2017
DY20:
Hi Nairalanders!

lol.... just run away...
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Chidon613(m): 3:05pm On Jun 11, 2017
JeffreyJamez:
Op do exactly as I say.

Weird but best solution to it
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 11, 2017
U are even so lucky that all he does is talk harmlessly. U just have to cope with him until both of u separate peacefully. Pls don't bother the old man.He is just enjoying his old age and am sure that u don't want to be a hindrance to that
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Ofemmanu1: 4:29pm On Jun 11, 2017
JeffreyJamez:
Op do exactly as I say.

If. he did that with a Gluck-9, his dad would shut da fvck up.
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by brandydaniells(m): 4:32pm On Jun 11, 2017
Ishilove:

chai i.love u bro
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 11, 2017
DY20:
Hi Nairalanders!

At least you need to thank your God you still have a dad. Most of us lost ours years back.
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by saasala(m): 4:33pm On Jun 11, 2017
Mayflowa:

I had probably exchange my late dad for your drunkard dad!

What did he do?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

His Maid Is Pregnant For Him And He Wants Abortion / What I Experienced In My Friend's House. / My 5 yr old Cousin Behaves like Ancestor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.