Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,058 members, 7,814,639 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. (40555 Views)

Is My Dad Trying To Have An Extramarital Affair? / Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? / My Dad Cheated On My Mum Before She Died And He's Still Doing It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Daboomb: 7:47am On Jun 11, 2017
DY20:
Hi Nairalanders!

"My dad talks too much" and by saying too much I did not mean he's crazy or something, I mean he talks sensible thing for an absurd long period of time.

Let me use 5 out of million of scenario to define my case.

1. Anytime the family is complete inside the house, and everyone is quiet; busy with something, I browsing on my phone, my little brother playing video game, my sister using beads, mum watching TV and my dad? Talking. When it is very obvious that no one cares to listen, he continue talking.

2. If any of my friends came to visit me, they will become my dad's guest. From the very first moment they say "Good morning" to him, he started talking, asking them questions, essp about their work, school, and talking about his own life too. Like what is happening now, I can see awkward smile on their face as they listen but just don't want to walk away leaving him embarrassed.

3. One day, I was chatting with girlfriend till late in the night, he woke up and say a light in the male children's room, he came in and started accusing me of internet fraud. We talked and talked till we settle it at dawn. From 2 to 4.30. In the morning, my dad started the topic with my mum again.

4. He talks every seconds when he is in the house or when anyone is with him.

5. He make anyone he saw with me (or any of my siblings) to introduce themselves. Indoor or outdoor.

I don't usually talk about my family affair with people but nobody knows me here or my dad.

I just want to know how to handle situation like this because I've started thinking of leaving the house. Maybe I'll learn to accept him when I don't see him everyday.

See? He is starting already... continues to talk when I'm not even looking at him.

I am happy that you at least, agree that HE TALKS SENSE/WISDOM!

First, it shows that you are not really your father's son...... ask your Mum to tell you where she brought you lots from.

Secondly, Only FOOLS refuse to listen to WISDOM!
That all of you refuse to listen to the Wisdom coming out of your father's mouth, shows the kind of children you are!
Seriously, you cant be his biological children.

The fact that you can even come on a Public forum, to say openly, that your father, your own father, TALKS TOO MUCH...

May thunder fire you, silly disgraceful 'thing'.

But you know what, you will have children i future and they will say worse things about you.
Its not a CURSE, Karma does not forget.

3 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by franklingud(m): 7:48am On Jun 11, 2017
Old age is telling on him... Eyaaa!

But here's what you should do.

Anytime he starts talking, ask him what the problem is. Whatever reason he gives listen to him and try to break the conversation short.
Maturely.

You get?

My dad died when I was 10 so do all you can to make your dad last longer. And believe me, the moment he place his hands on you and blesses you, it MUST surely come to pass.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by dadebayo1(m): 7:52am On Jun 11, 2017
sexybbstar:
My maternal grandfather too is like that and my mum and her siblings always dread his visit. Even I as the grand daughter don't enjoy the home during his visit. Cook beans for him(wahala), cook rice (wahala), prepare amala(problem).. Give him pounced yam(u are the best). He would tell everyone when he returns home how you prepared rice for him instead of pounded yam(he can eat it 3 times daily for the rest of his life). He can travel from one state to another to visit another child and relate the story of how u cooked rice for him. One of his daughter in law made a big mistake by preparing bread nd tea, I swear if he's a journalist it would be all over the newspapers.
Secrecy is not in his dictionary... He would tell everyone how the husband of his daughter hasn't bought a car for her.... Nonsense all through Sha.

He's not even caring... Whenever he's coming to to visit, he would keep a small cane in his bag incase my siblings misbehave(can u imagine)

But grandma is a total opposite of him(the best grandma in the world)

Perfect description of someone i know grin .... Seems like you are my far away cousin grin grin
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Johnsown1(m): 7:56am On Jun 11, 2017
Op from ur explanation i can deduce that ur a boy less than 21 years old.
U just feel like ur a grown up and see what he says as noise,
But remember one day he will not be their again and no one will talk to u again in that lengthy manner.
I will advice u to keep tab on the things he says to u because it will help u alot in the future. He is teaching u in his own way and knowing who u mingle with, just keep calm and digest his words

3 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by SmartyPants(m): 7:57am On Jun 11, 2017
Must be an old man trying to pass on a legacy before he leaves

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Nnamaka1: 8:00am On Jun 11, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:
Cover his mouth with an adhesive!!

or

Fart whenever he is talking. He will surely run for cover.

Appreciate what you have now. I wish my dad was still alive to talk to me like yours does.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Saintmary(f): 8:00am On Jun 11, 2017
Get him a radio show
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 11, 2017
Naijaarchive:
Its jxt old age... my dad does d same thing and i give him the attention anytime we are together... he talks till he sleep off... then i will walk him into his bedroom... if the chat takes place in the sitting room... i actually like... give him the attention needs nw or you might regret it later.... stop complaining u wil get there someday too... btw thank ur stars his own his been a talkative nd nt forgetfulness,perfectionist or total kid atitude

symptoms of Alzheimer's
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by toprealman: 8:03am On Jun 11, 2017
You seem to have picked up the same trait from him....sadly.
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Daboomb: 8:04am On Jun 11, 2017
AmuDimpka:
Now you have two choices....If he talks too much, grow up and stop been a dad boy, get a job and rent a house. Be a man....He is in his house and he has the right to talk.

I think you are lousy because you come here and wash your dirty linen in public. You talk too much not him

Funnily enough, he may just have that "Gene" of talking in him as well and when the time comes, l hope his kids beat the hell outta him, for TALKING TOO MUCH!

If it is to collect money from him, the He-Goat, will not complain about his talking !

Let him get put of the house, rent hi sown house and go create his own environment where dumb people stare at the Telephone/Computer Screen all day, doing foolish things.
undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Nobody: 8:04am On Jun 11, 2017
dadebayo1:

Perfect description of someone i know grin .... Seems like you are my far away cousin grin grin
Where do u come from... We may be related tho
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by toprealman: 8:04am On Jun 11, 2017
Johnsown1:
Op from ur explanation i can deduce that ur a boy less than 21 years old.
U just feel like ur a grown up and see what he says as noise,
But remember one day he will not be their again and no one will talk to u again in that lengthy manner.
I will advice u to keep tab on the things he says to u because it will help u alot in the future. He is teaching u in his own way and knowing who u mingle with, just keep calm and digest his words
Late teen at most.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Austeeenxx: 8:05am On Jun 11, 2017
You lucky you even have a father.
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Daboomb: 8:14am On Jun 11, 2017
Let me say this openly:

At a certain age, when you clock from 60yrs upwards, the only thing that keep such people strong and alive is TALKING TO LOVED ONES.
It is not a disease or a sickness, it is the normal progression of life! Its a form of brain exercise for them

Have you seen five, six and four year olds sit together and "discuss"?
To you, they are just "making noise" but to them, they are having a serious DISCUSSION! grin grin undecided

Same with older people.

Anyone that is preventing their old parents from TALKING, is an evil person who wants to kill them early (probably so they can inherit their assets! Wicked children of nowadays, ehn? angry )

Let them talk.
If you dont want to listen, walk-away, that is your headache.
Wicked generation!
angry angry

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Tex42(m): 8:15am On Jun 11, 2017
Op is complaining about his dad... Wait until u meet my dad, you will go for Thanksgiving for the much ur dad can say.

Hmmm! Ma dad?! 007?! Lol! ... The funny thing is not only that he talks too much, u can't whisper a word without him asking what u said. Privacy is almost extinct in ma house o! Thanks to ma dad.

Op I can relate to ur pains, but u just have to be patient till u have ur own house. Though won't completely solve the problem... But it will go a long way in ensuring u don't lose ur mind.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but ur dad's situation will only get worse as he ages. Talking from experience.

Lol!
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Actuarydeji(m): 8:17am On Jun 11, 2017
You're a stupid child! You're complaining that your dad talk too much, it's a pity that the old man is taking responsibility of another man child. Stupid child! You even publish it online. Nonsense!
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by maiTurawa(m): 8:18am On Jun 11, 2017
Your Father is Narcissist, and I suggest you read and review some quora.com answers on what to en one is stuck with a Narc Parent.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/insight-is-2020/201405/narcissistic-parents-psychological-effect-their-children
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by showboy25(m): 8:18am On Jun 11, 2017
your father be GEMINI ? because na dem talk too much
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by darlingnuel(m): 8:21am On Jun 11, 2017
The question is has he always been that way or did he just develop such character recently? How old is your father? Old age, boredom, might be taking a toll on him
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by AmuDimpka: 8:22am On Jun 11, 2017
Now you get my position. Can you imagine the kid coming alone in a public forum to complain his father talks too much. What an insult.

People like us wish that our parents are alive ,even if they talk too much ,we don't care ,once they are alive

Can you imagine the lousy fellow saying his father talks too much, yet he is still in his father's house and eating his food
Daboomb:

Funnily enough, he may just have that "Gene" of talking in him as well and when the time comes, l hope his kids beat the hell outta him, for TALKING TOO MUCH!

If it is to collect money from him, the He-Goat, will not complain about his talking !

Let him get put of the house, rent hi sown house and go create his own environment where dumb people stare at the Telephone/Computer Screen all day, doing foolish things.
undecided undecided
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Dopeluiz(m): 8:31am On Jun 11, 2017
ur dad is super talented... he shud have been an OAP... Do names of noise makers in ur house.. it worked back then..
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Flashmove: 8:32am On Jun 11, 2017
He talks too much due to the attitude in the house... You need to change home settings. He is a no nonsense man.
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by bengasyl(m): 8:32am On Jun 11, 2017
if it's a recent development, please take him
to the behavioral scientist also known as psychiatrist. He needs help.
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by sorextee(m): 8:37am On Jun 11, 2017
What is even paining me is d way some pple re even making fun of d father...

AmuDimpka:
Now you get my position. Can you imagine the kid coming alone in a public forum to complain his father talks too much. What an insult.

People like us wish that our parents are alive ,even if they talk too much ,we don't care ,once they are alive

Can you imagine the lousy fellow saying his father talks too much, yet he is still in his father's house and eating his food
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Yteflon(m): 8:42am On Jun 11, 2017
DY20:
Hi Nairalanders!

"My dad talks too much" and by saying too much I did not mean he's crazy or something, I mean he talks sensible thing for an absurd long period of time.

Let me use 5 out of million of scenario to define my case.

1. Anytime the family is complete inside the house, and everyone is quiet; busy with something, I browsing on my phone, my little brother playing video game, my sister using beads, mum watching TV and my dad? Talking. When it is very obvious that no one cares to listen, he continue talking.

2. If any of my friends came to visit me, they will become my dad's guest. From the very first moment they say "Good morning" to him, he started talking, asking them questions, essp about their work, school, and talking about his own life too. Like what is happening now, I can see awkward smile on their face as they listen but just don't want to walk away leaving him embarrassed.

3. One day, I was chatting with girlfriend till late in the night, he woke up and say a light in the male children's room, he came in and started accusing me of internet fraud. We talked and talked till we settle it at dawn. From 2 to 4.30. In the morning, my dad started the topic with my mum again.

4. He talks every seconds when he is in the house or when anyone is with him.

5. He make anyone he saw with me (or any of my siblings) to introduce themselves. Indoor or outdoor.

I don't usually talk about my family affair with people but nobody knows me here or my dad.

I just want to know how to handle situation like this because I've started thinking of leaving the house. Maybe I'll learn to accept him when I don't see him everyday.

See? He is starting already... continues to talk when I'm not even looking at him.
guyy, enjoy your dad
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by phenol33(m): 8:45am On Jun 11, 2017
sexybbstar:
My maternal grandfather too is like that and my mum and her siblings always dread his visit. Even I as the grand daughter don't enjoy the home during his visit. Cook beans for him(wahala), cook rice (wahala), prepare amala(problem).. Give him pounced yam(u are the best). He would tell everyone when he returns home how you prepared rice for him instead of pounded yam(he can eat it 3 times daily for the rest of his life). He can travel from one state to another to visit another child and relate the story of how u cooked rice for him. One of his daughter in law made a big mistake by preparing bread nd tea, I swear if he's a journalist it would be all over the newspapers.
Secrecy is not in his dictionary... He would tell everyone how the husband of his daughter hasn't bought a car for her.... Nonsense all through Sha.

He's not even caring... Whenever he's coming to to visit, he would keep a small cane in his bag incase my siblings misbehave(can u imagine)

so what do u want us to do kill him so that u can rest u er even lucky to have him. me myself I nova saw any of my grand father. I only knew my maternal grand father through picture. but I don't have any memory of my paternal grand father. only few stories about him simple.
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Seylad2009(m): 8:54am On Jun 11, 2017
sexybbstar:

If your Grandpa is from either Ekiti or Ondo State then you can't separate him from Pounded Yam. They're always best friend for life.
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by sirfolabi(m): 8:57am On Jun 11, 2017
Well to me.. .Your dad talking too much is not his own fault.. .probably he has been frustrated or been dissapointed that he has given up and always make him think...so the best way to let out is for him to engage people in discussion....Just bear with him and always try talk to him back sometimes.. ..God bless

#Bishop was here
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Memories12411: 9:24am On Jun 11, 2017
From your writeup it is obvious that talking is the center of your DNA. I could see myself becoming talkative like your dad as I read through your endless story. Please, allow the man to enjoy his life by expressing himself because one day what he is doing will matter. Select his words carefully and keep them though you don't need them at the moment but you will need them when he is gone.
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Tumikate97(m): 9:25am On Jun 11, 2017
feelgoodInc:
your dad is getting old and is giving up on life,
Try to buy him a newspaper or buy him a radio to keep him company, sometimes he just needs someone to talk to, so do the needful and stop staring at the phone ask him what the problem is.

God bless you
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by yatty4emmanuel(m): 9:25am On Jun 11, 2017
[quote author=JeffreyJamez post=57376141]Op do exactly as I say.

When he starts to talk just say "Dad?"....when he answers , you now yell." CAN YOU PLEASE!! FOR ONCE!! SHUT...THE....FVCK....UP..FOR JUST 5 MINUTES!!... PLEASE!! CAN YOU DO THAT?!!!".

now there are 2 outcomes to this, he's either shocked and keeps quiet for days ...or

You'll be in a body bag! ; grin[quote author=JeffreyJamez post=57376141]Op do exactly as I say.

When he starts to talk just say "Dad?"....when he answers , you now yell." CAN YOU PLEASE!! FOR ONCE!! SHUT...THE....FVCK....UP..FOR JUST 5 MINUTES!!... PLEASE!! CAN YOU DO THAT?!!!".

now there are 2 outcomes to this, he's either shocked and keeps quiet for days ...or

You'll be in a body bag! ; Hahahahahahaha,you Have Finished Me,op You're A Mad Comedian.
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by AmuDimpka: 9:28am On Jun 11, 2017
It's annoying
sorextee:
What is even paining me is d way some pple re even making fun of d father...

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

His Maid Is Pregnant For Him And He Wants Abortion / What I Experienced In My Friend's House. / My 5 yr old Cousin Behaves like Ancestor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.