Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,120 members, 7,814,931 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. (40568 Views)

Is My Dad Trying To Have An Extramarital Affair? / Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? / My Dad Cheated On My Mum Before She Died And He's Still Doing It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by helphelp: 7:01am On Jun 11, 2017
DY20:
Hi Nairalanders!

"My dad talks too much" and by saying too much I did not mean he's crazy or something, I mean he talks sensible thing for an absurd long period of time.

Let me use 5 out of million of scenario to define my case.

1. Anytime the family is complete inside the house, and everyone is quiet; busy with something, I browsing on my phone, my little brother playing video game, my sister using beads, mum watching TV and my dad? Talking. When it is very obvious that no one cares to listen, he continue talking.

2. If any of my friends came to visit me, they will become my dad's guest. From the very first moment they say "Good morning" to him, he started talking, asking them questions, essp about their work, school, and talking about his own life too. Like what is happening now, I can see awkward smile on their face as they listen but just don't want to walk away leaving him embarrassed.

3. One day, I was chatting with girlfriend till late in the night, he woke up and say a light in the male children's room, he came in and started accusing me of internet fraud. We talked and talked till we settle it at dawn. From 2 to 4.30. In the morning, my dad started the topic with my mum again.

4. He talks every seconds when he is in the house or when anyone is with him.

5. He make anyone he saw with me (or any of my siblings) to introduce themselves. Indoor or outdoor.

I don't usually talk about my family affair with people but nobody knows me here or my dad.

I just want to know how to handle situation like this because I've started thinking of leaving the house. Maybe I'll learn to accept him when I don't see him everyday.

See? He is starting already... continues to talk when I'm not even looking at him.

And some people would wish their father could talk

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by iykomo666(m): 7:02am On Jun 11, 2017
JeffreyJamez:
Op do exactly as I say.

When he starts to talk just say "Dad?"....when he answers , you now yell." CAN YOU PLEASE!! FOR ONCE!! SHUT...THE....FVCK....UP..FOR JUST 5 MINUTES!!... PLEASE!! CAN YOU DO THAT?!!!".

now there are 2 outcomes to this, he's either shocked and keeps quiet for days ...are u OK @ all

You'll be in a body bag! grin

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by IamGodsGrace(f): 7:03am On Jun 11, 2017
JeffreyJamez:
Op do exactly as I say.

When he starts to talk just say "Dad?"....when he answers , you now yell." CAN YOU PLEASE!! FOR ONCE!! SHUT...THE....FVCK....UP..FOR JUST 5 MINUTES!!... PLEASE!! CAN YOU DO THAT?!!!".

now there are 2 outcomes to this, he's either shocked and keeps quiet for days ...or

Lmao. If laugh no keel me 2dai, then no be laugh go keel me. Hi Jamez. M new here... Don't know how to do all the dm stuff just yet. Can we get talking outside Naira land?
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Odunharry(m): 7:04am On Jun 11, 2017
Good morning UjSizzle, longest time.. What's your say??
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Olibboy: 7:05am On Jun 11, 2017
wow
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by sorextee(m): 7:05am On Jun 11, 2017
cry cry cry

janvier27:
I used to worry that my dad disturbed too much anytime I was on a trip. If he knew I was travelling, he would call severally & monitor till I reached my destination. That used to be so disturbing and annoying. Now i recall my first trip after he passed on. No one called me. I wept. I still do.
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Chukabiz1961(m): 7:06am On Jun 11, 2017
DY20:
Hi Nairalanders!

"My dad talks too much" and by saying too much I did not mean he's crazy or something, I mean he talks sensible thing for an absurd long period of time.

1. Anytime the family is complete inside the house, and everyone is quiet; busy with something, I browsing on my phone, my little brother playing video game, my sister using beads, mum watching TV and my dad? Talking. When it is very obvious that no one cares to listen, he continue talking.

2. If any of my friends came to visit me, they will become my dad's guest. From the very first moment they say "Good morning" to him, he started talking, asking them questions, essp about their work, school, and talking about his own life too. Like what is happening now, I can see awkward smile on their face as they listen but just don't want to walk away leaving him embarrassed.

3. One day, I was chatting with girlfriend till late in the night, he woke up and say a light in the male children's room, he came in and started accusing me of internet fraud. We talked and talked till we settle it at dawn. From 2 to 4.30. In the morning, my dad started the topic with my mum again.

5. He make anyone he saw with me (or any of my siblings) to introduce themselves. Indoor or outdoor.

I don't usually talk about my family affair with people but nobody knows me here or my dad.

I just want to know how to handle situation like this because I've started thinking of leaving the house. Maybe I'll learn to accept him when I don't see him everyday.

See? He is starting already... continues to talk when I'm not even looking at him.
Your unrepentant attitude has turned him a talkative​.You and your siblings should learn to obey simple instructions. He is only repeating what he has been saying and whenever he sees your friends, he believes you are the birds of the feather.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by IamGodsGrace(f): 7:06am On Jun 11, 2017
Op, my dad is late. He died 17 years ago. Please, can u take the dead dad so I'll have yours? I don't mind him talking 24hrs daily. In fact, I have a lot to talk to him about.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Olibboy: 7:11am On Jun 11, 2017
Most hilarious thread on nairaland. You talk too much.
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by obonujoker(m): 7:12am On Jun 11, 2017
Lol... yours is good..... many of us here are blame eaters from our Dads... we take the blames, insult, complains etc, and we bury it inside of us, so that have a better relationship with our parents.....

Sometimes this things are emotionally painful buh absolute necessary....

Be a good man... draw close to your father...

Understand he is the best....

Moreover. what if you are the 1st son??
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by abbeyty(m): 7:16am On Jun 11, 2017
I think you need a padlock, imagine carrying you baba matter come online
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Keebee4bowale: 7:18am On Jun 11, 2017
See my broda is normal cos DAT is old age and at times de talk sense o, only if u don't want to listen to corrections.
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by BluePearls(m): 7:19am On Jun 11, 2017
You're lucky you still have a father that talks. I lost mine many years ago and I wish he were still alive cus there are so many things we would have talked about. Life has taught me to value the little time spent with family and friends and be glad you have them for as long as you do. Your dad may not be the best dad out there, but learn to appreciate him..no one is perfect. That thing you hate about him maybe what you will miss most when he is no longer around.

4 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by samgeetech(m): 7:22am On Jun 11, 2017
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Marcos88(m): 7:22am On Jun 11, 2017
DY20:
Hi Nairalanders!

. Iru omo wo wa leyi nitori Olorun. Aye le o ibosi o..

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by bigtt76(f): 7:22am On Jun 11, 2017
On a serious note, you can make money out of him you know? Turn him into a talk show analyst, contact a TV station or you turn him into a speech rapper... he would talking in the background while the rapper do his or her thing. Contact Don Jazzy

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by oshorstan(f): 7:24am On Jun 11, 2017
DY20:
Hi Nairalanders!

Hahahahaahah.. my love get use to it. my dad is so worse. He is a retired police officer , he has vaults of tales to tell. He has told us of how he married our mum, gave birth to all of us. how he pursued criminals n jailed them, his village life, etc... you go run. All of our friends enjoys his unending tales. as for me, I avoid him , I give him space so I won't be trapped. hahahaahahah I understand, its signs of old age. pls don't resent him

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Fozi(m): 7:27am On Jun 11, 2017
mazizitonene:
ya dad is broke...
Dude that is the bitter truth and the mental incapacitation made him result to talking too much and reacting to everything he sees. So to say it is a form of mental problem and it comes in different type because he's no longer able to live up to expectations in this harsh economy
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by ruggedtimi(m): 7:27am On Jun 11, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
angry
Put spiders in your dad's food

They will spin webs in his throat and he won't be able to talk much.

bro...I nearly broke my phone screen trying to kill that spider.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Ginaz(f): 7:29am On Jun 11, 2017
feelgoodInc:

very touching
this thing I want to share I hope it's true life, make this story no be deceiving story...o

True life story bro.....story of my life.
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Taitai2000(m): 7:29am On Jun 11, 2017
The op was only asking for how to cope with his father's talking, just tell him how to go about it instead of accusing him of not appreciating him till he's gone... Nigerians can never give you a piece of advice without being emotional about it

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by judgedredd22(m): 7:32am On Jun 11, 2017
JeffreyJamez:
Op do exactly as I say.

now there are 2 outcomes to this, he's either shocked and keeps quiet for days ...or

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Joysmith2: 7:33am On Jun 11, 2017
See wat social network has done to d brain of some youths in dis generation,,,,"u father talks too much"ssmhms,,,,public should help u undecided undecided...
Try and help ur brain first by not discussing ur father's character in d public......

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Tori46(f): 7:34am On Jun 11, 2017
Op, you don't know the value of what u have until you lose it. You just have to accept your dad the way he is, I know it might be hard but you'll definitely miss those talks someday

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by banggy: 7:38am On Jun 11, 2017
Bro, Having a father is the best thing to ever happen to any growing person.... Pls value what you have now. Many fatherless children are praying to be in ur Shoe at least.....

Naughty or not enjoy him

Shallom!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by banggy: 7:42am On Jun 11, 2017
IFEANNYI:
Duck tape.
Cello tape.
Black tape.
White tape.
Super glue.
Araldite.
Strong eba.
Strong fufu.
Cement.

Choose any of the option. They have been known to work effectively for holding things together, Human lips included.

U no well
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by AmuDimpka: 7:42am On Jun 11, 2017
Now you have two choices....If he talks too much, grow up and stop been a dad boy, get a job and rent a house. Be a man....He is in his house and he has the right to talk.

I think you are lousy because you come here and wash your dirty linen in public. You talk too much not him

DY20:
Hi Nairalanders!

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by williamdeluxe(m): 7:44am On Jun 11, 2017
Here u are complaining...wen I haven't seen mine 4 9years...I wud give everything to hear his voice

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Nobody: 7:45am On Jun 11, 2017
feelgoodInc:
your dad is getting old and is giving up on life,
Try to buy him a newspaper or buy him a radio to keep him company, sometimes he just needs someone to talk to, so do the needful and stop staring at the phone ask him what the problem is.

you're so right.

I've got this old woman whose daughter is hardly around and doesn't even listen to her issues. when she sees me eh, she will talk and talk and talk. Never stops.

At some point I had to hide from her. but I understand her situation. When I have something to get to, I tell her and leave.

She's just a nice and lonely woman.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Godwinalfred(m): 7:46am On Jun 11, 2017
Maybe that is what keep him alive till today. Some people have been burn like that so they will have a long life.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

What I Experienced In My Friend's House. / My 5 yr old Cousin Behaves like Ancestor / Things That Are Better Than Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.