Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,105 members, 7,814,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. (40564 Views)

Is My Dad Trying To Have An Extramarital Affair? / Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? / My Dad Cheated On My Mum Before She Died And He's Still Doing It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Hades2016(m): 11:18pm On Jun 10, 2017
Evablizin:
Sorry dear you can't do anything about it one day you will have your own house and leave the house for him but make sure you are not carrying his gene of talking too much which will manifest later lols
madam pls don't kill me with laff ooooo

3 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by slinkman(m): 11:18pm On Jun 10, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

If you can't get the joke in my comment then you're more miserable than I thought. Insulent bastard...you and your generations unborn will continue to suffer for this ill mannered comments of yours. Just watch.

Get off my mentions you worm.
funny thing is, his generation unborn is your generation unborn . Smh for you two
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by lincs25(m): 11:18pm On Jun 10, 2017
Pray serious for him to die so that he will not live to talk again. You have him for free but only too much talk come be your problem. How I wish you have this experience of not having parents, you will never complain of too much talk.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Antoeni(m): 11:22pm On Jun 10, 2017
Unfather or disfather him then,rubbbish why making it open for public consumption
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by sweetilicious(f): 11:23pm On Jun 10, 2017
samuelson06:
I don't think there's any medicine to cure him from talking too much. Your mum married him that way and she's cool with him. So why worry yourself as the son? One think I know is that if it is something that is inherent and not cause by some external factors, trying to stop him from talking like that may get him depressed because he's not going to be free. If there's any problem pushing him to talking too much, help him sort it out else leave him alone. Talking may be what makes him happy.
Exactly
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by saasala(m): 11:24pm On Jun 10, 2017
DY20:
Hi Nairalanders!

"My dad talks too much" and by saying too much I did not mean he's crazy or something, I mean he talks sensible thing for an absurd long period of time.

Let me use 5 out of million of scenario to define my case.

1. Anytime the family is complete inside the house, and everyone is quiet; busy with something, I browsing on my phone, my little brother playing video game, my sister using beads, mum watching TV and my dad? Talking. When it is very obvious that no one cares to listen, he continue talking.

2. If any of my friends came to visit me, they will become my dad's guest. From the very first moment they say "Good morning" to him, he started talking, asking them questions, essp about their work, school, and talking about his own life too. Like what is happening now, I can see awkward smile on their face as they listen but just don't want to walk away leaving him embarrassed.

3. One day, I was chatting with girlfriend till late in the night, he woke up and say a light in the male children's room, he came in and started accusing me of internet fraud. We talked and talked till we settle it at dawn. From 2 to 4.30. In the morning, my dad started the topic with my mum again.

4. He talks every seconds when he is in the house or when anyone is with him.

5. He make anyone he saw with me (or any of my siblings) to introduce themselves. Indoor or outdoor.

I don't usually talk about my family affair with people but nobody knows me here or my dad.

I just want to know how to handle situation like this because I've started thinking of leaving the house. Maybe I'll learn to accept him when I don't see him everyday.

See? He is starting already... continues to talk when I'm not even looking at him.

Oh, you complaining ust because your dad likes keeping his lips in motion. Look, I have a drunkard father who has been embarassng us since the beginning of time. He would fall inside a canal, gutter, vomit everywhere etc. Now that we all have grown and left home, he still does his shiits, and the stains are still unwashed till this moment. I would exchange him for my drunkard dad anytime anyday. Go thank your stars

11 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Hades2016(m): 11:25pm On Jun 10, 2017
DY20:
Hi Nairalanders!

"My dad talks too much" and by saying too much I did not mean he's crazy or something, I mean he talks sensible thing for an absurd long period of time.

1. Anytime the family is complete inside the house, and everyone is quiet; busy with something, I browsing on my phone, my little brother playing video game, my sister using beads, mum watching TV and my dad? Talking. When it is very obvious that no one cares to listen, he continue talking.

2. If any of my friends came to visit me, they will become my dad's guest. From the very first moment they say "Good morning" to him, he started talking, asking them questions, essp about their work, school, and talking about his own life too. Like what is happening now, I can see awkward smile on their face as they listen but just don't want to walk away leaving him embarrassed.

3. One day, I was chatting with girlfriend till late in the night, he woke up and say a light in the male children's room, he came in and started accusing me of internet fraud. We talked and talked till we settle it at dawn. From 2 to 4.30. In the morning, my dad started the topic with my mum again.

5. He make anyone he saw with me (or any of my siblings) to introduce themselves. Indoor or outdoor.

I don't usually talk about my family affair with people but nobody knows me here or my dad.

I just want to know how to handle situation like this because I've started thinking of leaving the house. Maybe I'll learn to accept him when I don't see him everyday.

See? He is starting already... continues to talk when I'm not even looking at him.
Buy him world receiver radio.... Trust me he will be busy with it all the time... Solution solve .... Remember parents are blessing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jun 10, 2017
The comments here will kill someone cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Anaskie(m): 11:26pm On Jun 10, 2017
I'll give everything in the world to hear my father talk to me for just 10 mins.

Enjoy him while you still have him, cuz one day ull hear his voice no more.

Cheers.

5 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by afamaustin(m): 11:27pm On Jun 10, 2017
feelgoodInc:
your dad is getting old and is giving up on life,
Try to buy him a newspaper or buy him a radio to keep him busy, sometimes he just needs someone to talk to, so do the needful and stop staring at the phone ask him what is the problem.
u HV said it all
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by phlamesG: 11:27pm On Jun 10, 2017
sexybbstar:
My maternal grandfather too is like that and my mum and her siblings always dread his visit. Even I as the grand daughter don't enjoy the home during his visit. Cook beans for him(wahala), cook rice (wahala), prepare amala(problem).. Give him pounced yam(u are the best). He would tell everyone when he returns home how you prepared rice for him instead of pounded yam(he can eat it 3 times daily for the rest of his life)

He's not even caring... Whenever he's coming to to visit, he would keep a small cane in his bag incase my siblings misbehave

But grandma is a total opposite of him(the best grandma in the world)

My one and only crush wink

This is funny grin
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by sorextee(m): 11:27pm On Jun 10, 2017
Get your dad something to do.. Not job o. My dad too is somehow like that.. I later realised that its loneliness and boredom that was causing it. Cos my mum left since I was 10. So dont feel embarassed.. How I did mine.. Ive always known my dad to be a fan of wrestling. A die hard Shawn Michaels fan at that. So I bought plenty wrestling dvds for him. So him dey him room more often, dey watch dem.

Secondly. Try engaging ur dad in discussions. It could be politics, football, etc. Which I do with my dad now. My dad loves football too. So, any nigerian match going on, he will invite all his frnds.. To watch with him..

The last but not the least, u fit download candy crush for him fone.. It may sound absurd, but my sis installed on his fone.. So hes always thinking about passing a stage.. Most times, hes busy playing it.. Sometimes I do help him pass some, since I always finish d game every week.. grin

Pls dnt complain about ur dads frequent talks.. U will Def miss him when hes gone...
Take care ND regards to the family

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by delishpot: 11:28pm On Jun 10, 2017
Please talk to him oooo. Mine is dead I wish he was here to talk like a parrot. Believe me, you will miss these days someday. Abeg you guys should allow him talk. Listen or pretend to listen to him. He needs company. Someone to chat with. As time goes by and he comes to realise that you guys are on his side, he will not talk too much again.

5 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jun 10, 2017
phlamesG:

My one and only crush wink
This is funny grin
Thanks dear

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by phlamesG: 11:29pm On Jun 10, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
angry
Put spiders in your dad's food

They will spin webs in his throat and he won't be able to talk much.

This guy no just geh sense
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by olaniyisamuel(m): 11:29pm On Jun 10, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
angry
Put spiders in your dad's food

They will spin webs in his throat and he won't be able to talk much.

Dude... Ur comments before now and now explain u are a fuvked insolent psych person.. U ve bin seeking d attention wit ur absurd comments.
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Antidote to ur problem... Visit d nearest lagoon, swim urself faraway...

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by phlamesG: 11:30pm On Jun 10, 2017
sexybbstar:

Thanks dear

Can I get to know you better?
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jun 10, 2017
Guy kuku kill him Na
Many are out here without father, you're here complaining
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jun 10, 2017
people never appreciate what they have until its lost.I will give anything just to hear my daddy's voice..u've gst no issh with ur Pman go and read your book.diz indomie generation sef.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by bastien: 11:33pm On Jun 10, 2017
3ZBHKTY
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:34pm On Jun 10, 2017
You mean your dad is a chatta box. Guy, there is nothing you can do. Just leave him with his life.
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Epraize(m): 11:35pm On Jun 10, 2017
DY20:
Hi Nairalanders!

I am sorry about that, your dad might be suffering from Dementia or Alzheimer's
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by sorextee(m): 11:35pm On Jun 10, 2017
How will u feel if someone say this about ur father...
Dnt just write silly things on Here for Likes and LolS... U will have a child one day.. (if u hope to).. Because its not happening to you doesn't mean u Shld mock others..

Be wise
Dont be a fool.

0b100100111:
Best solution is too add sniper to his drink!

He will be mute for life!

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by honniemail(f): 11:37pm On Jun 10, 2017
olaniyisamuel:

Dude... Ur comments before now and now explain u are a fuvked insolent psych person.. U ve bin seeking d attention wit ur absurd comments.
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Antidote to ur problem... Visit d nearest lagoon, swim urself faraway...

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Mrfixitxtech: 11:38pm On Jun 10, 2017
Well op, I experienced the same with my Dad. I believe it old age. You just have to accept him that way.
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Ginaz(f): 11:38pm On Jun 10, 2017
Funny enough my grandfather was a talker, he talks for Africa. When he's drunk the talking triples, and he always made sure he got your attention or else better be termed a rascal.

We all complained especially me his first grandchild. I was the apple of his eyes.

Funny enough I would give everything to hear him talking again, the overlong and overbearing talks and all. I would do anything to listen to them.

O.p cherish his talks while you can cos someday you gonna wish you did when he's dead. The fact that you took him for granted will leave a mark on you for life.
You don't know you have a diamond till you lose it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Omoluabi16(m): 11:39pm On Jun 10, 2017
What a pity. When you were a child you probably disturbed the old man all through the night. You have your old man now..he's probably bored and wants to make you his chat mate, but you'd rather focus on games, Mobile phones and the likes. Why don't you give him audience when you could actually learn one or two things from him. you're probably a teen still. Been in your shoes when social media was everything to me. Thank God I grew up a bit. lol! and formed a very good rapport like never before..didn't last long, the grim reaper struck.
Better enjoy his company now you have him, because you don't know tomorrow. People will give anything to have such daddy. There's a popular saying that 'you don't value what you have until you lose it. DY20

4 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by TheGreatIYANU: 11:40pm On Jun 10, 2017
JeffreyJamez:
Op do exactly as I say.

When he starts to talk just say "Dad?"....when he answers , you now yell." CAN YOU PLEASE!! FOR ONCE!! SHUT...THE....FVCK....UP..FOR JUST 5 MINUTES!!... PLEASE!! CAN YOU DO THAT?!!!".

now there are 2 outcomes to this, he's either shocked and keeps quiet for days ...or

You'll be in a body bag! grin

LOL! Dude you got no chill. Respect your elders.

As for you OP @DY20 DY20

I want you to do something. Zoom into the future, 40 - 50 years from now. I don't know how old your dad is now but he may not be around for you and your siblings anymore.

It is at that point you will start to value him, love him and wish he was around to even talk the life out of you.

Don't wait for that time to come. Value him, Respect him and Love him for who he is now.

I don't want you to cry 'I wish I knew' in the forthcoming years.

MODIFIED: Ginaz God bless for your comment. I have already written mine when I saw yours above. Tell Op!

4 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by jonero4(m): 11:40pm On Jun 10, 2017
JeffreyJamez:
Op do exactly as I say.

When he starts to talk just say "Dad?"....when he answers , you now yell." CAN YOU PLEASE!! FOR ONCE!! SHUT...THE....FVCK....UP..FOR JUST 5 MINUTES!!... PLEASE!! CAN YOU DO THAT?!!!".

now there are 2 outcomes to this, he's either shocked and keeps quiet for days ...or

You'll be in a body bag! grin
please don't try to say that cos he will talk about it for 2 weeks, just leave the environment for him... Do it, and I bet you he will become silent on you
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jun 10, 2017
this thread is such a comic relief

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Freeman59: 11:40pm On Jun 10, 2017
DY20:
Hi Nairalanders!

I hope your dad's English is not as bad as yours
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jun 10, 2017
DY20:
Hi Nairalanders!

Are you sure you're not my sibling. . .lol. That's the EXACT 100% description of my dad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

What I Experienced In My Friend's House. / My 5 yr old Cousin Behaves like Ancestor / Things That Are Better Than Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.