Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,099 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:12 AM

My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. (68175 Views)

Help My Child Is 8 Months And Wife Is Pregnant Again / My Baby Is Just 4 Months And My Wife Is Pregnant Again, I Want Abortion / Lady Tells Her Mother She Is Pregnant, Did Abortion. Watch Her Mum's Reaction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by patola080(m): 6:22am On Jun 30, 2017
MemphisRaynes:
Hi, please I need honest and mature contribution on this matter. I love my wife so much, and I don't want to have a failed marriage, not so early.

My marriage is only 18months old. This is my wife's first Pregnancy, but I am having serious concerns about the paternity of the baby.

I trust(ed) my wife with all my heart and soul. She was away on a Job training for 6 months. The training finished on May 19th and we made love same day. She told me she last saw her period in May 16th so we both assumed she was in her safe period by May 19th before we made love. Actually we didn't want pregnancy or a baby yet because we are strained by resources for now.

My wife started complaining of strong tummy pain, plus her period hadn't shown up by June 12, so we went for a Pregnancy test and she was confirmed Pregnant. In fact the Lab attendant told me she is very pregnant. Days after I went through her chat while she was asleep and came across her chat with some guy, the chat was very suspicious. Actually the said guy is a Gynecologist, so she had told him she was Pregnant immediately after the test so as to get medical advice. In this chat the guy called my wife "luv", "dearie", talked about she visiting him, and my wife's response was to play along. At some point she even said she can't wait to visit the guy. The height of it was when the guy asked "how is our baby doing?"

I could not control my emotions after reading their chat, so I confronted my wife. She claim the guy was her best friend, that they met at her training. Actually she has always freely spoken to the guy via phone in my presence before this event so I had no suspicions until I read their chat. We quarrelled and she cried and cried swearing that she has never been with any man but me. She said she was heart broken I am doubting the paternity of her Pregnancy.

On June 26th, we were at the hospital for ultrasound scan and medical check up. The Ultra sound scan report says the pregnancy was 7weeks and 6days on June 26th. Now remember we first met on May 19th after about 6 months, also remember May 19th was three days after her period ended, she was supposed to be in her safe period. Now Let's assume she conceived on May 19th, between May 19th and June 26th is not upto 7weeks and 6days. Again I confronted her with these facts and she's been very emotional, she threatened that we must do paternity test after the baby is born to prove me wrong, she also warned that she will make my life hell after that test for doubting her faithfulness to me.

Please I don't know what to do next, my doubt is not fading because the numbers and events don't add up, I need useful suggestions please. Kindly note that I trust and love my wife, a part of me believes the baby is mine, its the maths that don't add up, and her chat with her Gynecologist best friend that keeps fueling my doubt. What is the best way to handle my situation?
please make sure that you dnt do the DNA test in one place so dat dey will nt lie to you
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by naturalwaves: 6:24am On Jun 30, 2017
Donjazzy12:

Excellent advice. Most young women of nowadays are lesbians and flirts!
Spot on! You really do know them well. I was just modest in my write up.
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by Nobody: 6:24am On Jun 30, 2017
MemphisRaynes:
Hi, please I need honest and mature contribution on this matter. I love my wife so much, and I don't want to have a failed marriage, not so early.

My marriage is only 18months old. This is my wife's first Pregnancy, but I am having serious concerns about the paternity of the baby.

I trust(ed) my wife with all my heart and soul. She was away on a Job training for 6 months. The training finished on May 19th and we made love same day. She told me she last saw her period in May 16th so we both assumed she was in her safe period by May 19th before we made love. Actually we didn't want pregnancy or a baby yet because we are strained by resources for now.

My wife started complaining of strong tummy pain, plus her period hadn't shown up by June 12, so we went for a Pregnancy test and she was confirmed Pregnant. In fact the Lab attendant told me she is very pregnant. Days after I went through her chat while she was asleep and came across her chat with some guy, the chat was very suspicious. Actually the said guy is a Gynecologist, so she had told him she was Pregnant immediately after the test so as to get medical advice. In this chat the guy called my wife "luv", "dearie", talked about she visiting him, and my wife's response was to play along. At some point she even said she can't wait to visit the guy. The height of it was when the guy asked "how is our baby doing?"

I could not control my emotions after reading their chat, so I confronted my wife. She claim the guy was her best friend, that they met at her training. Actually she has always freely spoken to the guy via phone in my presence before this event so I had no suspicions until I read their chat. We quarrelled and she cried and cried swearing that she has never been with any man but me. She said she was heart broken I am doubting the paternity of her Pregnancy.

On June 26th, we were at the hospital for ultrasound scan and medical check up. The Ultra sound scan report says the pregnancy was 7weeks and 6days on June 26th. Now remember we first met on May 19th after about 6 months, also remember May 19th was three days after her period ended, she was supposed to be in her safe period. Now Let's assume she conceived on May 19th, between May 19th and June 26th is not upto 7weeks and 6days. Again I confronted her with these facts and she's been very emotional, she threatened that we must do paternity test after the baby is born to prove me wrong, she also warned that she will make my life hell after that test for doubting her faithfulness to me.

Please I don't know what to do next, my doubt is not fading because the numbers and events don't add up, I need useful suggestions please. Kindly note that I trust and love my wife, a part of me believes the baby is mine, its the maths that don't add up, and her chat with her Gynecologist best friend that keeps fueling my doubt. What is the best way to handle my situation?
To me, do the test without her knowing. all the need is the baby blood and urs. don't inform her what you are about doing. after the test u will know what next to do.
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by kakashi12(m): 6:26am On Jun 30, 2017
MemphisRaynes:

I think u are taking this stuff too far...just be patient..u can do the test on your own
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by lordreigneth: 6:26am On Jun 30, 2017
It's not easy thing to cope with bro
Am not a patient type as well if that happens to me it will hurt me really
But just as the first to comment advice you
Try to act as if everything is fine use style beg your wife and tell her she caused it for you doubting her and let her know her wrongs as a married man flirting with so call gyne friend... Then laid the matter to rest.... After the baby is born before DNA test I can teach u how to know if the baby is yours u can do the test overnight
U can use blood group test to know
Know your own blood group and your wife own
And in the night just pinch the baby with lancet collect her blood sample and do her blood group if for example you are A± and your wife is B ± and your baby is O± or AB then the baby is not yours but if the baby chooses your wife Blood group type u can use that to determine ooo.. Then u will need DNA and if the baby chooses your own blood group u cant still use that to determine except if her blood group is different from yours and his mother........ It can't cost u more than 2k to do that DNA is very expensive test cost like 60k or more
I pray the baby is yours if it is u need to take your wife for counselling and set limit for her if she wants u to stay with her.... God bless u
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by naturalwaves: 6:28am On Jun 30, 2017
EgunMogaji:
It's been my opinion that DNA should be done on ALL live births by law and result recorded on the birth certificates.

1) women will stop whoring around because the jig will soon be up

2) fathers will know for sure

Not sure how true but I read that most first child do not belong to the husband.

OP, you're a disgrace to husbands. You allow your wife to have a male friend?
If my wife gives birth and I see the baby, I can tell maybe or not it is mine without a DNA. If you see your product you supposed know cheesy grin cheesy
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by No100(m): 6:29am On Jun 30, 2017
Just be calm and play along till the baby is born before you carry out your DNA test to validate the onwership of your baby, however you keep watching her smartly ongoing without suspect. You can be viewing her WhatsApp chat on your phone, just download WhatsApp clone app on playstore , anyday you have access to her phone while she is fast asleep, just go to her WhatsApp chat,. Go to options, WhatsApp web, a barcode will be displayed, then go to the app you downloaded and scan the barcode. And you can be viewing her chat anywhere you go when she is online. ( Ensure you click on keep me log on to avoid been log out after a while on the app on your phone). Wish you all the best Man.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by liftedhigh: 6:33am On Jun 30, 2017
MemphisRaynes:

Don't fall 4 her crocodile tears & gimmicks & also her threats. She just want to use dem to chicken u out so DAT u will accept d preg. As long as d dates didn't add up & u even saw chats is enough proof but u should take it easy & alert 1 or 2 pple u trust abt it cos women in cases like dese can b very dangerous in other not to get disgraced. She might want 2harm u if she know u will expose her
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by Efewestern: 6:37am On Jun 30, 2017
chuksanambra:
OP, listen to me very well, if you don't carry out a paternity test on the child when born, you may end up spending your youthful years training another man's child.

If this happens despite the technology around, you'll be the greatest fool of this century.

By the way, hope you guys noticed a pattern on this thread? The ladies are trying to convince him that the foetus is his and pushing him into accepting it.

Truly, these hoes aren't loyal!

believe me most ladies are heartless. why will a married woman keep a male as a "Best Friend " and the ediot got the balls to call another mans wife sweet names.

First of all the lady saw her period on the 16th , normally from on the 16-23rd is usually free, no matter Hw many sex they had she won't get pregnant . I don't know what to say but the op should just wait till the child is delivered then run a test.
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by Nobody: 6:39am On Jun 30, 2017
naturalwaves:

If my wife gives birth and I see the baby, I can tell maybe or not it is mine without a DNA. If you see your product you supposed know cheesy grin cheesy

Good for you, you're exceptionally gifted.

Many men all over the world are not so lucky. Lives have been shattered for both alleged fathers and worst of all the children.
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by Anaselizzy(f): 6:43am On Jun 30, 2017
@ op why would you want to ruin a beautiful marriage with doubt? An 18months old marriage is stil in its teething stage,if you say you love her, then trust her fully. Your wife might not remain the same after you confirm its your baby, think about it wisely, women won't assure you of such test if they weren't sure of the paternity.
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by Clonus: 6:44am On Jun 30, 2017
If your timing is accurate then it is less likely the child is yours. If she doesn't lose the baby (naturally or artificially, if you understand what I mean) then paternity test is in order.
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by PrickGetSize(m): 6:45am On Jun 30, 2017
eyinjuege:
Play along, and wait for the next 8months. Don't even mention it again
After delivery, just go to a center where they do DNA tests, and find out what you need to bring to do one. They may give you a swab, to scrape or rub on the inside of the cheek of your baby.
Collect it, and do that when you're alone with the baby.
Take sample back to the lab and do your test.
If the baby is yours, congrats. If its not yours, its still congrats. Do what you have to do/ your heart tells you to do.
Meanwhile, make sure you're also fertile before you make a decision on what to do if the baby isn't yours.

I like your advice but the last part spoiled everything.

So, if he's not fertile, he should swallow the humiliation of having to live with a cheating wife because she would let him father another man's baby?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by PrickGetSize(m): 6:47am On Jun 30, 2017
oglalasioux:

Marriage is not mankind's nature. We are just forcing the fraud unto ourselves and getting hurt for the nonsense.

One day, religion and marriage will be abolished and the world will be peaceful ever after.
Bless you, brother!

Cc Toks2008. You can see I'm not alone.
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by kaywhy09(m): 6:48am On Jun 30, 2017
If all these happens in marriage, I wonder how married men live so long .... So help me God.
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by Efewestern: 6:48am On Jun 30, 2017
Angelyna:
Hi Mr, firstly I think you don't love or trust your wife a bit,
actually you thought you did... A marriage of just 18months? I fear your home will have enough ups and downs. See go and write today's day down, you will be sorry you ever doubted your wife, if I were the wife, I swear I'll make life miserable for you after the confirmation of the paternity... Some of you men are still boys but you jump into marriage. Fine! You saw your wife chat with another guy but to me it doesn't call for doubting the paternity. Those people advising you to chase her out, they're still mama's boy so what advice can they give.... In short I'm vexing right now... Enough said sha... You guys still have a long way to go and more work to do
Mrs matured lady, hope you advice the op on what to do.

it's normal for him to react, why will someone call his wife sweet names, and you expect the man not to react. I don't expect any good advice from ladies, most of you are just the same.

Advice:

The op should just pretend nothing happen till they give birth to the child, after that he should as a matter of urgency do a paternity test without the knowledge of the wife. no time training another mans kid.

op be wise.
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by robotix: 6:50am On Jun 30, 2017
MemphisRaynes:

Do a DNA test. I know it's not cheap but do it once the baby is born or tell her a DNA will be done.
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by naturalwaves: 6:51am On Jun 30, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Good for you, you're exceptionally gifted.

Many men all over the world are not so lucky. Lives have been shattered for both alleged fathers and worst of all the children.
You are right. Not yet marries though but I know for sure say 'I go know' merely sighting the baby.
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by NoToPile: 6:54am On Jun 30, 2017
mineANDurs:
This is why men are advised to follow up on their wives pregnancy journey but they wont listen.
Pregnancy is calculated from the first day of a woman's period, that is how 40weeks gestational period is gotten.

In addition scan is unreliable at giving gestational age(ask any gynecologist).

When they tell men to be part and parcel of the pregnancy process they think its only a woman that needs to know, if he had educated himself when he had those suspicions , he wouldn't have acted irationally and just be patient till he was oportuned to have a DNA test.

I bet some Fathers here are just knowing that pregnancy is counted from the first day of a woman's LMP. Some also don't know scan can be unreliable.

Men should educate themselves, they think they calculate pregnancy mathematically.

Its all online read about your wives pregnancy process .

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by Folzye(m): 6:55am On Jun 30, 2017
I do not blame the OP at all, WOMEN?? They know how to rub poo on a man's face.

But a piece of advice just for your mind peace, Relax your mind don't be reactive around her and just be yourself, When the baby is born just do a paternity test.
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by kevoh(m): 6:57am On Jun 30, 2017
OP, calm down! grin From the calculations you gave,the baby is yours! Calculating the day of conception is not linear mathematics like 1+1=2. The factors( safe period, fertile days, unfertile days, menstruation) involved vary a lot from cycle to cycle since we are dealing with the human body. Be wary, when your wife/girlfriend tells you she is in her safe period, she might be telling the truth but at the same time her body might have proceeded to very fertile at the very hour. Sperm can stay in the female body for 3 days and in the right conditions for 5 days before they die off. Now do the maths, safe but have sex today, fertile tomorrow, 3 days sperm! Voila proud parents! tongue
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by eyinjuege: 6:57am On Jun 30, 2017
PrickGetSize:

I like your advice but the last part spoiled everything.

So, if he's not fertile, he should swallow the humiliation of having to live with a cheating wife because she would let him father another man's baby?

If he's infertile, and there's no solution for him, he may decide to adopt a child on the long run. Its very few women , and even men that would stay with a partner that can't have children. At the end of the day, the whole world would know he's shooting blanks, he may actually prefer his wife cheating than the 'humiliation' of the world knowing he can't father a child.

As I said, its his decision.

I heard the true story of a man who knows he's infertile, got married and after several years of marriage the wife got pregnant. He came to the hospital to check if God had done it, and he was no longer infertile. Tests showed he still didn't have any spermatozoa. He kept quiet about it and they had the baby. Two years later, he invited his Dr to come and dedicate a set of twins which the wife had just given birth to, again. Obviously, she's been cheating but he still kept quiet about it. The wife never knew he's aware of all her shenanigans.
Some men would rather raise bastards than be exposed to the whole world as been infertile. Its just what it is.
Haven't you heard of men asking their wives to go and bring a baby from outside because they can't father one?
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by Olisa116: 6:57am On Jun 30, 2017
Bro don't worry yourself till the baby is born, then you go for the test, u know sometimes machine do lie
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by abdulkabirO(m): 6:58am On Jun 30, 2017
Û
MemphisRaynes:

My advise to you my brother is that,you should trust your own self first, if you are in doubt and you can't confirm your doubts with facts it will remain with you forever
In fact anytime she wants to go out you will always suspect her,so just carry out the paternity test so qs to certify if it is your baby or someone else,if you don't and it not your baby,one day the father will come and it might be a big disaster then
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by kevoh(m): 7:03am On Jun 30, 2017
NoToPile:

When they tell men to be part and parcel of the pregnancy process they think its only a woman that needs to know, if he had educated himself when he had those suspicions , he wouldn't have acted irationally and just be patient till he was opportuned to have a DNA test.

I bet some Fathers here are just knowing that pregnancy is counted from the first day of a woman's LMP. Some also don't know scan can be unreliable.

Men should educate themselves, they think they calculate pregnancy mathematically.

Its all online read about your wives pregnancy process .
Nope they won't read! They keep thinking the whole process is one plus one equal two.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by pastorcyrus(m): 7:03am On Jun 30, 2017
MemphisRaynes:

Bro don't mind her with her tricks, go for paternity test to ascertain the paternity of the baby.I don't think is yours!!,but that doesn't mean that my assertions is right.going through the whole calculations you have made and her chats with the so called gynecologist is totally unacceptable to me.Our so called wives of nowadays have become something else.Don't listen to her threats that she will make life miserable for you after the test.Don't be a weak man,remember that you are the husband and not the other way round. God bless your hustle bro.Cherio

Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by CYBERWEAVER(m): 7:07am On Jun 30, 2017
ogah .,,,,,,,,were u marry her 4rm...party,roadside,motel,?god help una marriage,
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by 2badForReal: 7:09am On Jun 30, 2017
It is a pity after the chart and the scan resault you still play the nice guy,

Wait untill when the child want to graduate, then she will show you the child's real father.

For sure then you will be playing table tennis with heart attack.
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by lisbonabdulahi: 7:12am On Jun 30, 2017
Manueleee:

To me, do the test without her knowing. all the need is the baby blood and urs. don't inform her what you are about doing. after the test u will know what next to do.
you do not need blood for DNA test.
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by Nobody: 7:13am On Jun 30, 2017
naturalwaves:

You are right. Not yet marries though but I know for sure say 'I go know' merely sighting the baby.

Keep deluding yourself.

What if it's your brother or uncle?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by einsteine(m): 7:14am On Jun 30, 2017
DNA test is not cheap o.
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by stuffs4me(m): 7:14am On Jun 30, 2017
MicroBox:

Its being awhile you joined nairaland so i believe you are very mature..though i doubt if you are married because if you do, you will understand how keeping a very peaceful home is important.What if the baby belong to the OP.
Please Start paying attention to how women think. Definitely flirting with another man is haram to me and you but the husband allowed the wife to work so flirting occasionally is a must. (Flirting does'nt mean sleeping around).

I rest my case.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Shikini Money: Smart Tvs✔️ & Soundbars ✔️ / A Giant Snake In My Roof. I Need A Snake Charmer To Remove It / Lady Features Her Dead Husband In Her Nude Maternity Photoshoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.