Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. (68170 Views)

Help My Child Is 8 Months And Wife Is Pregnant Again / My Baby Is Just 4 Months And My Wife Is Pregnant Again, I Want Abortion / Lady Tells Her Mother She Is Pregnant, Did Abortion. Watch Her Mum's Reaction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by nwafeje: 5:24am On Jun 30, 2017
How can a married woman just meet a man and he has become her best friend within 6 months. bros forget her threats and have a paternity test done, if she wants to give u hell then she will be in the same hell too. Pikin wer say im mama no go sleep im no go sleep too
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by linearity: 5:25am On Jun 30, 2017
Another thing I wanted to point out is that, you should know that, you have been doing the safe period calculation wrong and it has been purely luck she has not been pregnant all these while and the time just perfectly fell into place this time around.

Some ladies see their menses for three days, some seven days, others a little above seven days for other timelines in between...and as such, the best way to calculate safe period is from the first day of her menses and not the last day...

Start checking for ovulation signs from the 10th to 16th day from the time she first saw her menses or totally avoid doing it within this time period if you don't want pregnancy. If her menses last for seven days and you guys did it on the 3rd from the last time she saw her menses as you indicated, then she can be pregnant.

Also note that, female spermatozoa can live in the uterus for upto 72hrs, so if you deposited them on the 19th, they can still cause havok until the 22nd.

As for the date of 'conception' that Doctors usually give, note that they don't actually tell you the exact date of conception, they give you an estimate based on the date you told them your last menses was or through early pregnancy ultrasound and note these estimates are usually accurate within one to five days.

Please, note that nothing above indicates that pregnancy belongs to you or not, it just another sets of data points to chew on.

Look on the bright side, you will soon be a father or a free untangled man!
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by Heineken(m): 5:28am On Jun 30, 2017
Women bad generally. Naso one girl wey I love anyhow during my nysc... I see her picture with guy naked on top bed.. Still she say nothing happen. Say naso dem dey do for their Lodge. Thunder fire you anywhere you dey

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by oglalasioux(m): 5:29am On Jun 30, 2017
Asidiq23:

So what's your nature Mr man... You know had your parent not been in the marriage institution, you wouldn't have been saying rubbish... Nonsense
And you being an atheist only add to your woes, you denying your creator that fashioned you properly,some many years ago, you have no brain you use to think, now that you advance in age, you think the brain God give u, you can use to think free or be blasphemious against that same God..... Oga...you are so dump...between life and death is just a twinkle of an eye, when you die, and you are questioned and resurrected to account for your deeds, then you would know whether religion is a fraud or not.... You go hear am...
You think God created the world just for play and people like you to talk rubbish.. You are so wrong.

Religious people and threats. ..

Who has that Zuma meme?

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by begwong: 5:31am On Jun 30, 2017
Go and do DNA test na!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by eyinjuege: 5:31am On Jun 30, 2017
Lakeside79:

What sort of rubbish comment is this ? So meaning if he is infertile he should father another's child ?

Your have zero morals and will do anything to achieve your aim
I pity kids your have for they will be morally bankrupt

You're obviously high on some cheap drugs. Get a life.
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by ibolomo(m): 5:32am On Jun 30, 2017
MemphisRaynes:
Hi, please I need honest and mature contribution on this matter. I love my wife so much, and I don't want to have a failed marriage, not so early.

My marriage is only 18months old. This is my wife's first Pregnancy, but I am having serious concerns about the paternity of the baby.

I trust(ed) my wife with all my heart and soul. She was away on a Job training for 6 months. The training finished on May 19th and we made love same day. She told me she last saw her period in May 16th so we both assumed she was in her safe period by May 19th before we made love. Actually we didn't want pregnancy or a baby yet because we are strained by resources for now.

My wife started complaining of strong tummy pain, plus her period hadn't shown up by June 12, so we went for a Pregnancy test and she was confirmed Pregnant. In fact the Lab attendant told me she is very pregnant. Days after I went through her chat while she was asleep and came across her chat with some guy, the chat was very suspicious. Actually the said guy is a Gynecologist, so she had told him she was Pregnant immediately after the test so as to get medical advice. In this chat the guy called my wife "luv", "dearie", talked about she visiting him, and my wife's response was to play along. At some point she even said she can't wait to visit the guy. The height of it was when the guy asked "how is our baby doing?"

I could not control my emotions after reading their chat, so I confronted my wife. She claim the guy was her best friend, that they met at her training. Actually she has always freely spoken to the guy via phone in my presence before this event so I had no suspicions until I read their chat. We quarrelled and she cried and cried swearing that she has never been with any man but me. She said she was heart broken I am doubting the paternity of her Pregnancy.

On June 26th, we were at the hospital for ultrasound scan and medical check up. The Ultra sound scan report says the pregnancy was 7weeks and 6days on June 26th. Now remember we first met on May 19th after about 6 months, also remember May 19th was three days after her period ended, she was supposed to be in her safe period. Now Let's assume she conceived on May 19th, between May 19th and June 26th is not upto 7weeks and 6days. Again I confronted her with these facts and she's been very emotional, she threatened that we must do paternity test after the baby is born to prove me wrong, she also warned that she will make my life hell after that test for doubting her faithfulness to me.

Please I don't know what to do next, my doubt is not fading because the numbers and events don't add up, I need useful suggestions please. Kindly note that I trust and love my wife, a part of me believes the baby is mine, its the maths that don't add up, and her chat with her Gynecologist best friend that keeps fueling my doubt. What is the best way to handle my situation?
Bros, please don't destroy your marriage over something that may be non existent. I mean, I sometimes chat in a way with a certain female friend of mine that, if you read our chats out of the blue, you would think we are in a romantic relationship, but there has never been, and will never be anything between us. Like, she calls me dear, sweetie and all the rest, and we even sometimes joke about marriage, but she has her boo, and I... well I don't have mine.
also, the ultrasound is never 100% certain about the exact date.
Just never mention the issue again, wait till the child is born and do a paternity test. shikena.
if possible sef, assure her that you now believe her and show her love throughout the pregnancy. I have a feeling the child is yours. time will tell, and good luck

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by Unna1979: 5:47am On Jun 30, 2017
jokepearl:
1st, pregnancy date is counted from the day of your last period not the day you conceived.

So if your wife period started May 12th, then she is almost 7weeks pregnant.

2nd, Scan uses the size of the baby at a time to predict the age, this may change and vary everytime a scan done. Also big babies appear older with a scan.

So relax
I totally agree to this speaker, pls don't take a rash decision on this matter
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by Menzy86(m): 5:48am On Jun 30, 2017
I will make life more miserable for ANY woman in this world that threatens to make life miserable for me just for doubting the paternity of her child after all the evidences (that should normally fuel doubt) outlined by op. What is wrong with women in this world these days sef? Inspite of the popular saying that "only the mother knows who the father of her child is" they expect us to keep fooling around and gambling our resources away? Op don't be moved by her threat and show it sternly to her that u r not. Tell her based on the evidence u have, u will do d test and that's d only way the marriage can move foward for u and if its yours, no need for threats and everything returns to normal. Don't mind comments here saying no child wants to hear such stories about him wen he is grown and all that. Stick FIRMLY to ur suspicions until they are cleared. Virtuousness is an almost extinct resource these days in women.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by Sanchez01: 5:50am On Jun 30, 2017
Angelyna:
Hi Mr, firstly I think you don't love or trust your wife a bit,
actually you thought you did... A marriage of just 18months? I fear your home will have enough ups and downs. See go and write today's day down, you will be sorry you ever doubted your wife, if I were the wife, I swear I'll make life miserable for you after the confirmation of the paternity... Some of you men are still boys but you jump into marriage. Fine! You saw your wife chat with another guy but to me it doesn't call for doubting the paternity. Those people advising you to chase her out, they're still mama's boy so what advice can they give.... In short I'm vexing right now... Enough said sha... You guys still have a long way to go and more work to do
My dear, you're not well one bit. His wife cheated, albeit emotionally, and you see nothing wrong with it and you have the strength to say 'some of you men'. God knows I am a very calm person but this comment of yours has no iota of sense in it. Why is a married woman keeping a male best friend when there seems to be no issue in her home? What on God's is a wife keeping a male friend for to the extent that pregnancy related issues would be discussed? How about we talk about the possibility of adultery here beyond cheating emotionally? 'You saw your wife chat with another guy but to me it doesn't call for doubting the paternity.' This clearly makes no sense. So a cheat is to be overlooked now, particularly when it revolves around the same paternity at hand?

The problem with most of you is that you prolly never had a good marriage counsellor before getting married or that you are just girls whose attributes sprang way faster like you chewed raw fertiliser. Most ladies of these have no moral value.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by ASval: 5:50am On Jun 30, 2017
I understand how emotional this is but am quite certain she is innocent.she made a mistake of not knowing what matrimony entails. you said you made luv wt her on may 19th,and she finished her menses may 16th, we only reckon wt the date she started her menses. supposing she started her menses on may 12th,a 4days duration(may 12-16).that's about 6weeks +3days gestation on June 26th. if i may ask you, did you have a coital exposure with her after may 19th? if you did then the pregnancy is yours,because if she had had coition with the guy earlier than you felt, the pregnancy will be far advanced than the speculated gestation. of course,some ladies have likeness for gynecologist for some reasons. And asking how is our baby doing is a norm for us in the profession.The only clause i see here is the emotional attachment wt regards to their chatting. you earlier said you trusted your woman,pls caution her how she relate with men.please n please, I don't concur you go for paternity test.it's expensive and stigmatizing to the family. please, let your mind be at ease. she is just a weakling wt her emotions. eyin obinrin gan oroyin gba suru!!
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by Anikpee(f): 5:52am On Jun 30, 2017
Collect her phone, with or without her notice, chat the guy as if she ( your wife) is the person chatting him, lead the chat towards sex, ask him if he enjoyed you the last time they made love. his response will confirm your suspicion. Though personally, I believe the baby is yours, but confirm it first, try my suggestion, it will confirm the whole issue

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by Xano(m): 5:54am On Jun 30, 2017
MemphisRaynes:
Hi, please I need honest and mature contribution on this matter. I love my wife so much, and I don't want to have a failed marriage, not so early.

My marriage is only 18months old. This is my wife's first Pregnancy, but I am having serious concerns about the paternity of the baby.

I trust(ed) my wife with all my heart and soul. She was away on a Job training for 6 months. The training finished on May 19th and we made love same day. She told me she last saw her period in May 16th so we both assumed she was in her safe period by May 19th before we made love. Actually we didn't want pregnancy or a baby yet because we are strained by resources for now.

My wife started complaining of strong tummy pain, plus her period hadn't shown up by June 12, so we went for a Pregnancy test and she was confirmed Pregnant. In fact the Lab attendant told me she is very pregnant. Days after I went through her chat while she was asleep and came across her chat with some guy, the chat was very suspicious. Actually the said guy is a Gynecologist, so she had told him she was Pregnant immediately after the test so as to get medical advice. In this chat the guy called my wife "luv", "dearie", talked about she visiting him, and my wife's response was to play along. At some point she even said she can't wait to visit the guy. The height of it was when the guy asked "how is our baby doing?"

I could not control my emotions after reading their chat, so I confronted my wife. She claim the guy was her best friend, that they met at her training. Actually she has always freely spoken to the guy via phone in my presence before this event so I had no suspicions until I read their chat. We quarrelled and she cried and cried swearing that she has never been with any man but me. She said she was heart broken I am doubting the paternity of her Pregnancy.

On June 26th, we were at the hospital for ultrasound scan and medical check up. The Ultra sound scan report says the pregnancy was 7weeks and 6days on June 26th. Now remember we first met on May 19th after about 6 months, also remember May 19th was three days after her period ended, she was supposed to be in her safe period. Now Let's assume she conceived on May 19th, between May 19th and June 26th is not upto 7weeks and 6days. Again I confronted her with these facts and she's been very emotional, she threatened that we must do paternity test after the baby is born to prove me wrong, she also warned that she will make my life hell after that test for doubting her faithfulness to me.

Please I don't know what to do next, my doubt is not fading because the numbers and events don't add up, I need useful suggestions please. Kindly note that I trust and love my wife, a part of me believes the baby is mine, its the maths that don't add up, and her chat with her Gynecologist best friend that keeps fueling my doubt. What is the best way to handle my situation?

My advise:

After the birth of the child, do paternity test. the number of weeks difference indicates it happened during her training. Before the test, be her husband and take good care of her.

After the paternity test, if yours, congratulations. If otherwise, we hope not, organize a meeting with your family and hers. Then, take a decision.
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by gare2510(m): 5:54am On Jun 30, 2017
In issues like this there was no need you confronting her, give her all the love and care she needs and do DNA secretly when the baby is born. But the truth can kill o, I can't imagine somebody coming to say my kids are not mine
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by Menzy86(m): 5:57am On Jun 30, 2017
valdovas:
The op sounds like a weak man with no backbone that's why his wife can threaten him to make his life miserable over legitimate concerns and even be receiving calls freely from another man in his presence.
Warn your wife seriously to never repeat that rubbish of using dearie or luv when chatting with another man, that is a huge slap on your face and you should be the one angry with her not her threatening you after disrespecting the sanctity of your union.
For now don't show any remorse for suggesting the baby isn't yours, you were justified to suspect her after seeing that chat. Just stop mentioning the dna and paternity issue and after the baby is born you go behind her back to confirm paternity.
So far u r d first person thinking like me here. I wont even hide to do the paternity test. I will do it OPENLY. All suspicions the man harbors are absolutely justified. Her threats (if she is at all resonable) are totally uncalled for.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by mykel25(m): 6:01am On Jun 30, 2017
MemphisRaynes:
No it wasn't in the chat. She told the guy about the Pregnancy in my presence via call. I actually suggested it since the guy is a Gyno and could be of help medically. But this was before I read that chat.

Is d timing on d chat before the call? If no then d gyno guy might be joking with the how is our baby... For your wife not to delete that particular comment in the chat.... Your wife myt be saying d truth buh d test mathematically didn't add up... Maybe u do test somewhere else
Then if it same result you can do NIPP
Hope you did court wedding.... Keep prove of your expenses on d pregnancy till d day u do paternity test... If d baby fail paternity test sue her n get refund in excess
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by godquality: 6:06am On Jun 30, 2017
Ultrasound will only give you an estimate not the actual date. That being said, there is no need for fuss, just wait till the baby arrive. He or she will either be your Carbon copy or not grin. And if you are still not convinced then do the test. Please don't stress the woman because stress is not good for a pregnant woman. Imagine the kid is actually yours and she lost it because of stress... So treat this issue delicately. Give her and the unborn child unconditional love and care. And when the baby arrives do a test to rest your mind.
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by bewla(m): 6:09am On Jun 30, 2017
[quote author=MemphisRaynes post=57937655]Hi, please I need honest and mature contribution on this matter. I love my wife so much, and I don't want to have a failed marriage, not so early.

On June 26th, we were at the hospital for ultrasound scan and medical check up. The Ultra sound scan report says the pregnancy was 7weeks and 6days on June 26th. Now remember we first met on May 19th after about 6 months, also remember May 19th was three days after her period ended, she was supposed to be in her safe period. Now Let's assume she conceived on May 19th, between May 19th and June 26th is not upto 7weeks and 6days. Again I confronted her wi these facts and she's been very emotional

Please I don't know what to do next, my doubt is not fading because the numbers and events don't add up, I need
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by otabuko(m): 6:11am On Jun 30, 2017
MemphisRaynes:

Sorry sir for your condition, but I must tell you that if you love your wife, that pregnancy must be terminated, so that you guys can have a fresh beginning. That pregnancy is not yours. It's unfortunate this could happen in a marriage and not even in a ordinary relationship.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by Nobody: 6:13am On Jun 30, 2017
MemphisRaynes:

Chai wat a pity
See wife weh person. Marry
Bros do d test ooo
B4 u go train person pikin
When u go deh spend money on top woman
She go carry kpekus go deh give another person

Lemme remind u , women are very cunning ooo
No go hospital weh she sabi go do d DNA test ooo
No let am know d hospital name at all sef
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by xammy(m): 6:14am On Jun 30, 2017
you have a case dude, just wait for DNA test

MemphisRaynes:

Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by bewla(m): 6:14am On Jun 30, 2017
MemphisRaynes:

if u find out by DNA your will be hell if u don't ur life is in hell so my conclusion just jump in hell now do the right thing send her parking till u prove ur self wrong
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by Nobody: 6:15am On Jun 30, 2017
Actually pregnancy is calculated from the first date of the last menstration. I had been pregnant once like your wife when I made love on the third day after I saw my period thinking I was free. Dont be disturbed abt the guy mentioning our baby because I have male colleagues that used to ask me our baby when I was heavy, and trust me, hubby was ok with that knowing I have nothing with them or him. Just realx until baby is born, then you can go for DNA so as to clear your fears. Why you
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by Charly68: 6:17am On Jun 30, 2017
iPopAlomo:
Your instincts reads true...

Don't fall maga... wise up!!!

7 weeks and some days is almost two months pregnant... if she gives birth a month earlier than expected...

You know what to do...
Correct guy! This solution won't waste his resources for any test at all..
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by Nobody: 6:18am On Jun 30, 2017
E sure me die say assuming I marry my ex
I for father another person pikin
Dat girl ehn

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by ebere100: 6:18am On Jun 30, 2017
MemphisRaynes:

I can feel your pain but ensure you do the paternity test to no your ground. From ur write up it's very obvious she played away league. I wish you the best
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by free2ryhme: 6:18am On Jun 30, 2017
MemphisRaynes:

The way you people can comfortably script lies for jobless children on NL to be scratching their dry brain for answers and solutions I just don't understand ooo

Make una fear God haba

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by middlebeltboy: 6:19am On Jun 30, 2017
jokepearl:
1st, pregnancy date is counted from the day of your last period not the day you conceived.

So if your wife period started May 12th, then she is almost 7weeks pregnant.

2nd, Scan uses the size of the baby at a time to predict the age, this may change and vary everytime a scan done. Also big babies appear older with a scan.

So relax
well said,,, what really got my attention is how can a married woman be calling someone "luv" dearie" i cant wait to see you... honestly some women a very pathetic and wicked

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by ibietela2(m): 6:20am On Jun 30, 2017
Before she travelled for the training didn't you guys do it? I mean after the marriage?
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by woodfrank(m): 6:21am On Jun 30, 2017
Jackeeh:
[/b] In this chat the guy called my wife "luv", "dearie", talked about she visiting him, and my wife's response was to play along. At some point she even said she can't wait to visit the guy. The height of it was when the guy asked "how is our baby doing?" [b]

After the above, you still think the baby is yours? And falling for your promiscuous wife's emotional blackmail?

OMG! You guys wont kill people with lafta!!! grin shocked

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by Jsucre(m): 6:21am On Jun 30, 2017
But stated dat 'she chat with some guy' so what about other chat and why the gyno only you talk about?
I feel your pain man
Be calm to sort it out with wisdom
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by SmartyPants(m): 6:22am On Jun 30, 2017
The facts of her story are suspicious but what I find more suspicious (alarming in fact) is the fact that she is blackmailing you.

The threat of making your life miserable is clearly designed to make you not follow through on the test. But why wouldn't she want you to do the test to clear herself?

People who lie are the ones who get most upset when you say you don't trust them.

I wouldn't be comfortable if I were you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

Shikini Money: Smart Tvs✔️ & Soundbars ✔️ / A Giant Snake In My Roof. I Need A Snake Charmer To Remove It / Lady Features Her Dead Husband In Her Nude Maternity Photoshoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.